Sign in to follow this  
Livia

Not So Pretty Mary - Front Page

Really Ed, next time ask the locals.

The picture ain't on any East Coast or near the Hippolytes.

But if we tell you where it is we have to kill you.

But if you could get to Australia I can take you with me to there in late January.

• Like 1

You can’t be disrespectful to the place in the picture

if you had been in there the last 72 hours you would have had an average wind speed of about 50 knots with max gust in the 80s for pretty much the whole time

did I mention the snow

There is a reason there are no trees.

Bathurst Channel, South West Tasmania btw.

You have three choices, walk in so 4 days, fly in but then you have to land, or by boat which a 80 mile run fully exposed to the Southern Ocean.

There are times when you think walking is the best option.

Nah,  take the boat option and hope to get caught by the weather & have to stay an extra week or two.  It is an amazing place!

Spent an easter there many moons ago,  & got to go home in weather so flat that we could stop at Maatsuyker on the way.  Was able to celebrate one of the lighthouse keeper's birthdays with them,  which gives you a hint as to just how long ago it was.

You are correct in all respects

think it was last Easter maybe one before, number of boats on an Easter cruise got stuck so long, they had to fly in food

41 minutes ago, Livia said:

You are correct in all respects

think it was last Easter maybe one before, number of boats on an Easter cruise got stuck so long, they had to fly in food

Friends of mine spent 3 weeks there once. They weren't planning on that long a stay...

Was blowing 50 knots out the front of my place the other day. I was out on my boat on Saturday morning restoring some order to the inside as I had *stupidly* left a lot of tools, cases of fasteners etc on the settees rather than take the 10 minutes to put everything away.

The kettle was in a new and creative place, too. Sans contents.

Tasmania.

FKT