Sign in to follow this  
nacradriver

Another Reason For Term Limits

Sad...  I actually like her.. Looks like Newsom found some wiggle room and his next pick (s)

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/dianne-feinsteins-missteps-raise-a-painful-age-question-among-senate-democrats

I don't know much about her at all, so I'll reserve judgement.  But I've done the same thing, and I'm in my 40's.  Who hasn't repeated themselves, or called their kid by another kid's name, or any one of a thousand other things you might do while you're on auto-pilot?  I think of some of the things said in meetings here and in comparison what she did is hardly worth mentioning.

Except for the Majority Leadership vote, DiFi is for all intents a FiCon Republican. I lived in her precinct when I lived in SF and I've been aware of her since the Milk-Moscone assassination. Joe Manchin is more liberal. Jeff would hail DiFi as an American Maggie Thatcher (another latter day vegetable) if only she had an R behind her name. I'd have to compare DiFi's accomplishments with those of Barbara Lee and ask which has done less.

Since at least the 1970's the Corporate Reich has used term limits 

as a distraction from getting money out of politics. 

And the rubes still fall for it every time. 

Term limits exist. It’s called voting. I didn’t vote for DiFi this tune around. She’s a fine lady, but her time is due. I expect her to either go Strom Thurmond and just be rolled out for photo-Ops or retire.

14 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

I was all for term -limits until I watched this short video

Let's talk about Trump, Feinstein, and term limits.... - YouTube

we already have the ability to determine term limits , it's called voting

In the case of DiFi, it's important to remember that this is California with a jungle primary and top two generals. This system, which has its advantages, makes it even harder to replace incumbents. For better or worse (worse), DiFi was re-elected by Republicans preferring her to Kevin de Leon.

31 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

I was all for term -limits until I watched this short video

Let's talk about Trump, Feinstein, and term limits.... - YouTube

we already have the ability to determine term limits , it's called voting

So you'll vote Republican to get rid of her?

5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

In all likelihood, her opponent will be another Democrat.  Not that she'll make it to 2024

9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Again, CA has a jungle primary (all parties compete for two spots) and then a top two general. Republicans in California are just bonkers and so independents have grown tired of them. Consequently, Republicans very rarely have a candidate for the statewide offices. Moreover, looking at the field today, I can't think of any CA Republicans now who would rise above the field. It's a bad brand.

31 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

For better or worse (worse), DiFi was re-elected by Republicans preferring her to Kevin de Leon.

Fienstinen (blue) de Leon (everything else)  A lot of the yellow you're seeing are "republican" strongholds in the state.  She won because she was a known product.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_States_Senate_election_in_California

800px-CA_US_Senate_2018.svg.png

What you're seeing in that map is a lot of Republicans not voting at all in 2018. In fact, Republicans actually had a candidate in the governors race, some radio talk show host named Cox who had moved here in 2011. Combined there were 7,721,410 + 4,742,825 = 12,464,235 votes in that Governors race. Cox got crushed. However, there were only 6,019,422 + 5,093,942 = 11,113,364 in the Senate race. So a lot of Republicans, but definitely not all, didn't vote in that race.  Consequently, your statewide map of all voters means exactly squat. For extra credit, you can look at the Senate primary where the leading Republican got a little more than 8%.

yup, two terms and they should be gone. reduce their lifetime bene and retirements too unless lobbying is abolished. end the toxic tribalism or continue with todays political idiocy

12 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

What you're seeing in that map is a lot of Republicans not voting at all in 2018. In fact, Republicans actually had a candidate in the governors race, some radio talk show host named Cox who had moved here in 2011. Combined there were 7,721,410 + 4,742,825 = 12,464,235 votes in that Governors race. Cox got crushed. However, there were only 6,019,422 + 5,093,942 = 11,113,364 in the Senate race. So a lot of Republicans, but definitely not all, didn't vote in that race.  Consequently, your statewide map of all voters means exactly squat.

We're not talking about the governors race this is a demographic of the Feinstine v. de Leon race..

County results
Feinstein:      50–60%      60–70%
de León:      50–60%      60–70%      70–80%

de Leon with all of his left radical views scarred a lot of people, democrats included..  where he did well was with the large Hispanic populations.

15 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

We're not talking about the governors race this is a demographic of the Feinstine v. de Leon race..

County results
Feinstein:      50–60%      60–70%
de León:      50–60%      60–70%      70–80%

de Leon with all of his left radical views scarred a lot of people, democrats included..  where he did well was with the large Hispanic populations.

That wasn't a demographic map, FiCons don't live in CA-1, de Leon is not radical leftist and I'm sorry if you were scarred. There's ObamaCare for that.

1 hour ago, nacradriver said:

Fienstinen (blue) de Leon (everything else)  A lot of the yellow you're seeing are "republican" strongholds in the state.  She won because she was a known product.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_States_Senate_election_in_California

800px-CA_US_Senate_2018.svg.png

1 acre 1 vote!

So, the republicans get the chipmunk and coyote votes, and the democrats get the people?  

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

As an Independ I vote for who I feel would do the best job, some times right other times wrong. Unfortunately many choice are who your voting against rather then who your voting for, I probably , in my life voted more Republican then Dem. ie; never voted for a Clinton ( either one) sadly in 2016 I didn't vote as I thought both were unqualified, So your answer is Yes,