Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

What is it?

il Moro and America 3 on static display in Boston I think.Correction Museum of Fine Art in Boston.

il Moro and America 3 on static display in Boston I think.Correction Museum of Fine Art in Boston.

What he said, but in BRISTOL, RI on the lawn of America's Cup Hall of Fame.

Il Moro and America 3 in front of the AC museum in New Bedford, RI? If so, the display is much better looking than this in real life. <---Geez - wrote that before coffee. Last I checked NB was in MA, not RI. Bristol is what I meant, but obviously it's off too.

that would be Il Moro V and Ametica 3 (USA 23) that are going to be on display in front of the fine arts museum in Boston this fall. Held up with 4 rods each, and heeles 15 degree. No cradles.

that would be Il Moro V and Ametica 3 (USA 23) that are going to be on display in front of the fine arts museum in Boston this fall. Held up with 4 rods each, and heeles 15 degree. No cradles.

Design concept by Rodger Martin. To be displayed from August 31.

One of my all time favorite designers, Rodger Martin, is involved in the installation.

From the website @

http://www.rodgermartindesign.com/news.htm

Rodger Martin Design has been involved in an exciting project for Mr. Bill Koch. America 3, the 1992 America's Cup winner, and Il Moro di Venezia, her competitor, will be put on display in front of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, MA this August 2005. Our design concept is to support the boats so they are "sailing on land" - with minimal structure beneath them - and to do so we have designed a support system involving tethering the boats to ground with a network of rod rigging. The yacht display will be part of a full installation at the museum entitled "Things I Love: The Many Collections of William I. Koch."

The design for the future renovations of the America's Cup Hall of Fame (Herreshoff Museum) in Bristol, RI.

Already there is American3. Looking to add another full sized AC boat or 12-meter or J-class yacht when renovated.

This is a depiction of the traffic jam created whenever they close the Big Dig in downtown Boston. Although they ommitted the small statues of the Boston cops and construction workers standing around eating donuts.

The design for the future renovations of the America's Cup Hall of Fame (Herreshoff Museum) in Bristol, RI.

Already there is American3. Looking to add another full sized AC boat or 12-meter or J-class yacht when renovated.

Gee,

it looks like there may be multiple winners.

P.S. What's with the QUOTE box not appearing around the quote?

From http://www.cupinfo.com/

Canvas and Kansas

The last US boat to win the America's Cup, 1992's America3, and Italy's Il Moro di Venezia, the challenger she defeated, will soon be on display fully-rigged in the front court of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, including their keels and bulbs.

The historic yachts are more in keeping with the mission of a fine arts museum than might be first suspected, as they have also been expensive places for hanging canvas, but that's not the tie-in. The MFA's new exhibit "Things I Love: The Many Collections of William I. Koch" opens to the public on August 31.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/entertainm...881/detail.html

(sorry no quote box and link -- seems to be a software glitch)

mfa.

was just down there looking at them 10 minutes ago. got some pics of the goetz boys putting the finishing touches on 'em.

once i figure out how to upload the pics on my gf's computer I'll get em out on this thread or throw em to the Ed if it's a slow news day...