Mid

Sailonline

Head and Shoulders over VR ... :)

Sailonline.org is a community-owned sailing navsim game providing a realistic, entertaining and educational platform for those who love the sea and sailing, wherever they may be around the globe.

Originally created by Sailport AB in Stockholm, Sweden by Jakob Kuttenkeuler and Kalle Haglunds - a two-man team combining academic, sailor, computer genius, scientist and boss – Sailonline today is probably the most realistic sailing navigation simulator game on the internet.

Enjoy your sailing!

http://www.sailonline.org/wiki/show/AboutSailonline/

Untitled.thumb.jpg.0bde48d412443f44c704e4148610669c.jpg

The BEST with SailOnline is the ability to receive the NMEA feed from it on your computer for use with your favourite navigation software. It's a great way to learn the software and practice routing from the comfort from your home.   

I agree, far better than VR, I use to participated 10 years ago, gave up when people start to use routing software, I was a "Seat of the Pants" sailor.

I do come back now and then, membership has just expired.

5 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

The BEST with SailOnline is the ability to receive the NMEA feed from it on your computer for use with your favourite navigation software. It's a great way to learn the software and practice routing from the comfort from your home.   

now there's something , need to look into this further :)

59 minutes ago, Mid said:

now there's something , need to look into this further :)

I used to have OpenCPN but never had a chance to really learn it as I was always too busy and too solo to have the time to concentrate on it. I learnt so much about it during just one SOL race once I connected it. Since switched to QTVLM.

Unfortunately at the moment the software that I use to connect my Mac to SOL is not working, so I'm SOTP sailing now.

• Like 1

Foiling Wellington to Ushant 2021

http://sailonline.org/static/var/sphene/sphwiki/attachment/2020/12/18/Imoca_60_Foil_Particulars.pdf

Foiling Wellington to Ushant 2021

Time to don full weather gear and put the foot down as we race Sailonline's new foiling Imocas over the 11200nm from Wellington NZ to Ushant, France! We will cross two oceans, round Cape Horn, and try to stay on the foils through the notorious highs of the south and north Atlantic Oceans.

Race #1420
INFOby brainaid.de
IMOCA 60 foil PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
0430 / 1030 / 1630 / 2230
Ranking: SYC
Race starts: Jan 03rd 21:00