Nice!

41 year old congressman-elect dies of Covid

On 12/31/2020 at 10:01 AM, Mike G said:

Fox being Fox.

They misspelled 'Done.'

If only he could have held out until spring, when it gets warmer. Fucking tragedy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

They could ask the PhD qualified woman about masks at campaign events

2020-12-29-Luke-Letlow-1122x748.jpg

That just piques my curiousity even more about what she thinks about this.  Has she had an epiphany, or is she still going to spout Republican talking points?

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

You clearly have embraced your marshmallow body.  Mask wearing at gyms is impractical if not impossible while exercising vigorously.  Try doing squats or deadlifts with one on. Not going to happen.  

Bullshit.  Prior to the gym closing, everyone in there was wearing a mask, as prescribed.  Squats, deadlifts, all manner of lifts with masks on.  No complaints, no problems.

I am willing to bet you're the kind of douche who grunts/yells loudly with every rep, drops the bar/dumbbells at the end of a set, and slams the plates around while re-racking - all in an effort to impress others at what a gym-stud you are.

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Bullshit.  Prior to the gym closing, everyone in there was wearing a mask, as prescribed.  Squats, deadlifts, all manner of lifts with masks on.  No complaints, no problems.

I am willing to bet you're the kind of douche who grunts/yells loudly with every rep, drops the bar/dumbbells at the end of a set, and slams the plates around while re-racking - all in an effort to impress others at what a gym-stud you are.

You’d lose your bet. The fact remains no one who not ambling slowly on a treadmill wears a mask at my well known nationally branded gym. Of course no one here is prescribing mask wearing.  The gym would be a lot emptier if it were  Gyms closed for 6 weeks here early on but that was a over reaction and they have remained open since

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

You’d lose your bet. The fact remains no one who not ambling slowly on a treadmill wears a mask at my well known nationally branded gym.

No one said anything about treadmills.  You specifically mentioned squats and deadlifts, and claimed they cannot be done while wearing masks.

You are simply full of shit.  Overt machismo may work with some of the creatures you seek.  But, it is transparent and laughable.  Grow up.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

No one said anything about treadmills.  You specifically mentioned squats and deadlifts, and claimed they cannot be done while wearing masks.

You are simply full of shit.  Overt machismo may work with some of the creatures you seek.  But, it is transparent and laughable.  Grow up.

Can’t be done with dumbbells, cables, machines either.  At least not so anyone would want to.

25 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Can’t be done with dumbbells, cables, machines either.  At least not so anyone would want to.

Again, that’s just macho bullshit. But, you go right on pretending. 

It’s kinda funny to see someone trying to prove how vital he is, but too delicate to wear a mask while lifting. Comedy gold.  

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Again, that’s just macho bullshit. But, you go right on pretending. 

It’s kinda funny to see someone trying to prove how vital he is, but too delicate to wear a mask while lifting. Comedy gold.  

Bla bla bla.

Anybody else notice that when a mask is drenched in sweat it’s nearly impervious to air?   

4 minutes ago, Lark said:

Anybody else notice that when a mask is drenched in sweat it’s nearly impervious to air?   

It's 7-degrees here.  Do you mean ice?

22 minutes ago, Lark said:

Exactly.  I’m not drenched  unless I run but I’m sweating liberally at the end of a workout.  To be fair to BD that’s not something he’s experienced recently.

52 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

It's 7-degrees here.  Do you mean ice?

The dojo has one of those fancy steam radiators.   They might catch on.     

39 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Exactly.  I’m not drenched  unless I run but I’m sweating liberally at the end of a workout.  To be fair to BD that’s not something he’s experienced recently.

It’s hard to push oneself in a mask.    The problem is the same as that church choir.   Forced exhaling by a superspreader can infect many.    I rationalize a mask is like cycling on a steel frame or running with ankle weights.   I wish the rest of the small dojo group would wear masks, but they know it’s a liberal hoax to cover up deaths by auto accidents.   When I go it’s only 4 or 5 people.    We quit sparring.  I go every few weeks I see how much ground I’m losing, so I  push more at home,  Life is a trade off.    Do I spend 1.5 or 2% of my theoretical life expectancy in isolation except for work, lack of fitness increasing my risk of death if I get it at the grocery?   Or do I risk getting it exercising and hope I don’t have Neanderthal genes?   There is no good answer.    I still exercise.   I feel a moral obligation to wear a sweat soaked mask and protect my friends, even if they’re Republican and feel a moral obligation to freely spread the virus.  

• Like 2

Gaytor/Fikeneuse just proves that the Covidiots are not limited solely to the trumpaloons.  

• Like 2

I gotta say the Gator shows a pretty high level of stupidity thinking that beings cardiologically physically fit has something to do with an immune system response to a novel virus.

I’d say it shows OCD.

11 hours ago, pusslicker said:

So what's your take on the TPP. Leaving improves the US position against China how exactly? I'm waiting for your next clever meme with bated breath.

Not to change the subject pisslicker but okay here goes.

Firstly, do you happen to have a copy of the agreement? Nope, not available so your opinion is based on what?

Even Killary, formerly a big proponent of the TPP, flip-flopped against it during 2016 election.

Also being a Sanders supporter. Sanders praised Trump’s decision, saying "TPP is ‘dead and gone’

The AFL-CIO also praised the termination of TPP.

Your hero the neocon McShame did not (see above).

Dr. Jill Stein’s criticism of the TPP and Hillary was cut from the PBS Newshour. Censorship is good, right? 

The free market consensus that Washington has pushed over the last 30 years has only brought deindustrialization, despair and economic misery.

How the fuck US compete with countries that still use slave labor or pay $3 bucks an hour with little or no regulation and zero benefits? But that's okay for them, right ya racist fuck?

Also, What gives the United States, a country of 300 million on the opposite side of the vast Pacific, the right to determine the rules of trade for East Asia, which includes China, a country of 1.3 billion people? 

But tools and useful idiots like pisslicker support exporting labor and R&D overseas so he can save a buck. 

How's that NAFTA deal working out for ya pisslicker?

TPP is NAFTA on steroids.   

3 hours ago, Lark said:

It's called waterboarding isn't it?

Seems appropriate for anti-mask morons.

5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Gaytor/Fikeneuse just proves that the Covidiots are not limited solely to the trumpaloons.  

What is your fixation with his sexual orientation?  I guess "gay" is an insult?

6 hours ago, Lark said:

The dojo has one of those fancy steam radiators.   They might catch on.     

It’s hard to push oneself in a mask.    The problem is the same as that church choir.   Forced exhaling by a superspreader can infect many.    I rationalize a mask is like cycling on a steel frame or running with ankle weights.   I wish the rest of the small dojo group would wear masks, but they know it’s a liberal hoax to cover up deaths by auto accidents.   When I go it’s only 4 or 5 people.    We quit sparring.  I go every few weeks I see how much ground I’m losing, so I  push more at home,  Life is a trade off.    Do I spend 1.5 or 2% of my theoretical life expectancy in isolation except for work, lack of fitness increasing my risk of death if I get it at the grocery?   Or do I risk getting it exercising and hope I don’t have Neanderthal genes?   There is no good answer.    I still exercise.   I feel a moral obligation to wear a sweat soaked mask and protect my friends, even if they’re Republican and feel a moral obligation to freely spread the virus.  

I wear a mask when I run.  It's not the most pleasant thing, but I feel an obligation to be considerate and do everything I can to reduce risk.  I also wore a mask at the gym I went to, before I cancelled the membership and built one in my garage.  So did everyone else, as it was mandatory.  I am sure there are gyms where the muscleheads are grunting and groaning with every lift, like they are giving birth.  Fakenews sounds like one of them.  

7 hours ago, Raz'r said:

I gotta say the Gator shows a pretty high level of stupidity thinking that beings cardiologically physically fit has something to do with an immune system response to a novel virus.

I’d say it shows OCD.

I’d say you can’t understand some things you read.  I think having recovered from Covid has something to do with an immune response to a novel virus

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I wear a mask when I run.  It's not the most pleasant thing, but I feel an obligation to be considerate and do everything I can to reduce risk.  I also wore a mask at the gym I went to, before I cancelled the membership and built one in my garage.  So did everyone else, as it was mandatory.  I am sure there are gyms where the muscleheads are grunting and groaning with every lift, like they are giving birth.  Fakenews sounds like one of them.  

That’s idiotic and walking at 3mph <> to running.  My garage is devoted to my car and storage no space for a gym. Hence my gym membership. Finally I”m 5’9” 167.  I’m strong but far from a muscle head.  It’s LA fitness not some steroid shop.

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

That’s idiotic and walking at 3mph <> to running.  My garage is devoted to my car and storage no space for a gym. Hence my gym membership. Finally I”m 5’9” 167.  I’m strong but far from a muscle head.  It’s LA fitness not some steroid shop.

Ah, BG.  You were a punchline under your previous ID.  And, you are only slightly less insufferable under this one. 

This "I don't need to wear a mask when I go to the gym" is selfish and obnoxious.  Two characteristics we've come to expect from you. 

My gym is closed. It opened briefly but Newsom's statewide order closed everything down again. Zero complaints from me. When it did reopen, it was masks required at all times, reservations and they shut the showers+sauna down.

But right across from the gym on Grand, there's a park with pull up bars. Everyday folks come there and do pull ups. They drag along a few benches with bars+plates, up to 225. It doesn't cost a thing. Everyone wears a mask and gloves. The Cleveland Steps (about 120) aren't far away; I do a few loops on the Steps which shreds me. Everyone wears masks. People walking Lake Merritt wear masks. FWIW, I'd prefer if Oakland said one way on the Lake; Green Lake up in Seattle is one way.

Don't be a dick. Wear a mask. It isn't about freedom. It's about responsibility.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I wear a mask when I run.

Outside?  Unless you're running in crowds or crowded sidewalks, that seems like huge overkill.  The risk of exposure outside as you pass by someone for a split second is practically nil.  It's not like there are clouds of Covid particles drifting in the air according to the science I've read.  While they are reconsidering the term "airborne" for covid, they are saying it not a true "Airborne pathogen" like Chickenpox or TB.  It is carried for a short distance in your exhaled water droplets and falls to the ground or surface and quickly decomposes or breaks up.  That's why they are saying the initial warnings about surface contact infection were hugely overblown as they learned more about how this novel virus works.  

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/12/26/946901965/for-scientists-who-study-virus-transmission-2020-was-a-watershed-year

Also

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/12/28/948936133/still-disinfecting-surfaces-it-might-not-be-worth-it

If a person infected with the coronavirus sneezes, coughs or talks loudly, droplets containing particles of the virus can travel through the air and eventually land on nearby surfaces. But the risk of getting infected from touching a surface contaminated by the virus is low, says Emanuel Goldman, a microbiologist at Rutgers University.

"In hospitals, surfaces have been tested near COVID-19 patients, and no infectious virus can be identified," Goldman says.

What's found is viral RNA, which is like "the corpse of the virus," he says. That's what's left over after the virus dies.

"They don't find infectious virus, and that's because the virus is very fragile in the environment — it decays very quickly," Goldman says.

10 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Outside?  Unless you're running in crowds or crowded sidewalks, that seems like huge overkill.

To edit for clarity, I had in my mind a quiet country road or somewhere away from crowds like running through a suburban subdivision on your own.  If you're talking about a "running path" or a lane in a park or something similar where there are a lot of people who frequently use it at the same time - then yes absolutely wear a mask outdoors while running. 

I avoid city parks and such for exactly that reason.  I go up into the mountains about a 20 min drive away to get away from crowds.  I took my GSD up for a walk in the early snow on a great new 7 mile O&B trail and didn't see a soul for 3+ hours.  But I realize not everyone has that luxury.  

The aerosolized droplets from a runner's heavy breathing can go quite a way and hang in the air for a long time. Current recommendations for runners seems to be wear a mask and stay 15 feet away from anyone else.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

The aerosolized droplets from a runner's heavy breathing can go quite a way and hang in the air for a long time. Current recommendations for runners seems to be wear a mask and stay 15 feet away from anyone else.

That's fair.  See my edit above.

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Ah, BG.  You were a punchline under your previous ID.  And, you are only slightly less insufferable under this one. 

This "I don't need to wear a mask when I go to the gym" is selfish and obnoxious.  Two characteristics we've come to expect from you. 

Just remember he is the original Florida man

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

That's fair.  See my edit above.

I run solo, on a daily basis, from my house along a fairly busy street.  Since March, the number of people taking walks has soared, which I love.  My intention is to do what I can to minimize the risk of transmission.  I try to get out extra early, or mid-afternoon, when traffic is lightest.  On a stretch with no one around, I often remove the mask and up the pace.  If I see folks, I give them a wide berth and make the mask is in place.

The running group I usually train with continues to hold group runs, which I stopped attending in early April.  I see them with masks on in the photos, but they usually remove them while running so they can converse.  That seems like a REALLY bad idea, IMHO. 

My wife had to shutter her practice from mid-March until late August.  Our income took a major hit and I am doing everything I can to keep her, her clients, and our family (which includes an elderly MIL with COPD and my son's GF who is immunosuppressed from her cancer treatment) safe.

Fakenews/Bull Gator is an asshole for being so belligerent.

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I ran/walked 15 miles today. It’s 80 degrees plus, sunny and easily a couple of thousand people were out along the river.  Only the elderly are wearing masks but people do stay in their groups and generally keep social distance.   No one running including my self wore a mask for obvious reasons.  As forCovid transmission outdoors the viral load you might incidentally get as someone passes by you is insignificant.  Is it possible you could get Covid walking by someone with labored breathing? Sure.  Is it likely. No.  Maybe if you ran in someone’s slipstream for 15 minutes but again no one does that and in fact I and others give each other a wide berth where possible because we are considerate people.

33 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I run solo, on a daily basis, from my house along a fairly busy street.  Since March, the number of people taking walks has soared, which I love.  My intention is to do what I can to minimize the risk of transmission.  I try to get out extra early, or mid-afternoon, when traffic is lightest.  On a stretch with no one around, I often remove the mask and up the pace.  If I see folks, I give them a wide berth and make the mask is in place.

The running group I usually train with continues to hold group runs, which I stopped attending in early April.  I see them with masks on in the photos, but they usually remove them while running so they can converse.  That seems like a REALLY bad idea, IMHO. 

My wife had to shutter her practice from mid-March until late August.  Our income took a major hit and I am doing everything I can to keep her, her clients, and our family (which includes an elderly MIL with COPD and my son's GF who is immunosuppressed from her cancer treatment) safe.

Fakenews/Bull Gator is an asshole for being so belligerent.

Good on ya!

49 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I ran/walked 15 miles today. It’s 80 degrees plus, sunny and easily a couple of thousand people were out along the river.  Only the elderly are wearing masks but people do stay in their groups and generally keep social distance.   No one running including my self wore a mask for obvious reasons.  As forCovid transmission outdoors the viral load you might incidentally get as someone passes by you is insignificant.  Is it possible you could get Covid walking by someone with labored breathing? Sure.  Is it likely. No.  Maybe if you ran in someone’s slipstream for 15 minutes but again no one does that and in fact I and others give each other a wide berth where possible because we are considerate people.

Besides, it's just a bad flu.

At risk people should just look after themselves.

I don't know what it was in the States but something happened.

58 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

This goes a long way towards explaining why the U.S. is so fucked.

You should know better and do better.

30 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:
1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

This goes a long way towards explaining why the U.S. is so fucked.

You should know better and do better.

As Clean mentioned, he is the original Florida Man.

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

As Clean mentioned, he is the original Florida Man.

I never really picture "Florida man" as having a college education, a full set of teeth, and a Vespa.

Jesus. It’s bad enough that we can’t discuss college football in the CFB thread...are we gonna turn the entire place into Bull Gator Anarchy?

15 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I never really picture "Florida man" as having a college education, a full set of teeth, and a Vespa.

That's "Floriduh Fag"

Darwin appears to have improved his targeting.