Sol Rosenberg

Trumpeachment Part Deux

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Doesn't he get "due process" in the Senate?  That's where the trial begins and witnesses can be directed to ignore subpoenas.  

So the house doesn’t hold hearings before voting to impeach?   Gee I must have imagined that just a few months ago.  

Great!

It's a start, at the very least!

All the GoP cunts who voted for T should leave and form a new party, something like New Segregationist Donaldistic Amurikan Party.

7 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Doesn't he get "due process" in the Senate?  That's where the trial begins and witnesses can be directed to ignore subpoenas.  

AFTER their book comes out, they'll answer a few questions.  On the radio.

14 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Well they did it.  Due process just died in the US House of Representatives. 

Really? What happened, did a fair and honest vote not give you what you wanted? Boo-hoo-hoo

Don't like democracy, fucking MOVE asshole. Preferably to a desert

- DSK

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

So the house doesn’t hold hearings before voting to impeach?   Gee I must have imagined that just a few months ago.  

You must have imagined that the people who were instructed by the Whitehouse to ignore subpoenas showed up anyway.   What did they have to say in your imagination?

Can't you just imagine they testified today also?   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Why?

Hey, remember that guy that riled up a crowd so much they came over to kill us all? Yeah? ok, how do you vote?

50 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Jim Jordan is quite possibly the most ethically disgusting human being in DC.

Every time I hear his bullshit propaganda I wonder how he ended up in government.

Goes to the senate now, just wait until you hear from Ted Cruz!

(and I shouldn't throw stones....Florida has Rick Scott)

31 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

232-197 final. Math tells me there were 6 whatevers.

Actually, it was 4 whatevers and 2 whybothers.

This should cement Trump's position as worst POTUS in history.

As if we needed more "glue" for that.

39 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Please note that the *process* for impeachment is clearly written in the constitution. You might want to read it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Joker said:

What witnesses would they want to interview - each other??

I see The Joke has achieved the coveted position of Moron of the Day

Vermin and Bupkis57 should be along later to try and regain their hard win status.

It really is a sad day for "due process" when witnesses are not allowed to receive subpoenas to throw into the fucking trash. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Joker, you currently have 20,000 armed guards in DC.

Why?

1 minute ago, benwynn said:

It really is a sad day for "due process" when witnesses are not allowed to receive subpoenas to throw into the fucking trash. 

They didn't have to bother - the witnesses were already there - and voting.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, The Joker said:

That happens at trial. 

48 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

232-197 final. Math tells me there were 6 whatevers.

Actually, it was 4 whatevers and 2 whybothers.

Were the whatevers, and why bothers the insurrectionist mofos that gave capital tours last Tuesday? Would be nice to know they are incarcerated, and can no longer vote.

50 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

America?

Congressman Jason Crow, a Democrat, told MSNBC many of his Republican colleagues fear their lives could be in danger if they voted to support the impeachment.

“The majority of them are actually paralysed with fear,” he said.

“I had a lot of conversations with my Republican colleagues last night, and a couple of them broke down in tears talking to me, and said they are afraid for their lives if they vote for this impeachment.”

He is the exact oppo of that other right wing bitch critter from CO, Glad I voted for him..  He stayed behind and helped everyone out of the chamber and I think he helped barricade the door.  He is ex green beret or something.  Certified Badass...  

20 minutes ago, Sean said:

That happens at trial. 

If the Majority Leader can be bothered to find out any facts.  Just ask No-nothing Mitch about that.

In fact, there were no Whatevers. But all 4 of the Whybothers were brave Republicans. 232+197+4=433. The other 2 are vacancies: the Louisiana anti-masker who died of COVID and NY-22 which hasn't been certified yet.

image.thumb.png.7ce68e59f7111bb9bbc716082572be71.png

image.thumb.png.9f4da863bcb999a3601608a6334c8398.png

There were no Dems voting Nay. The Republicans voting Yea were:

image.thumb.png.f87e09cac0a17bc1cada3190424630d9.png

21 minutes ago, jhc said:

Were the whatevers, and why bothers the insurrectionist mofos that gave capital tours last Tuesday? Would be nice to know they are incarcerated, and can no longer vote.

I'm thinking that the non-voters are simply those who were physically terrified of voting for impeachment, but couldn't stomach voting to absolve a deranged *resident's actions.  

At some point Pelosi is going to need to get on with actually conducting the People's business instead of her own, and that of her "con$tituency".  Certainly a poster child for term limits and a deep forensic audit. 

How many more years of Waaah Waah Trump?

17 minutes ago, The Joker said:

This was driven by emotion not due process that was my only point.    I don’t care what they do. It’s all political theater. 

No, it really wasn't, except for the emotions still lingering from possibly being killed.  But on January 5th, there was no impeachment scheduled. The Capitol wasn't stormed yet and no incitement of insurrection had happened since there was no insurrection... yet. Then on the 6th, there was one, disrupting Congressional business for several hours, looting, killing and mayhem incited by Trump and his minions.  The bullshit about letting him walk away peacefully because it's so soon, is just that, bullshit.  He picked the date, January 6th, to stir up his people.  That doesn't give him a get of jail free card.

"January 6th is going to be wild."  "We'll walk down to the Capitol, and I'll be with you." "Fight" "These people are not going to take it anymore" "All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical left Democrats, which is what they’re doing" "We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about" "We will not let them silence your voices. We’re not going to let it happen. Not going to let it happen." "We’re gathered together in the heart of our nation’s Capitol for one very, very basic and simple reason, to save our democracy." "We’re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us." "We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong" "The radical left knows exactly what they’re doing. They’re ruthless and it’s time that somebody did something about it." "And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

No, it really wasn't, except for the emotions still lingering from possibly being killed.  But on January 5th, there was no impeachment scheduled. The Capitol wasn't stormed yet and no incitement of insurrection had happened since there was no insurrection... yet. Then on the 6th, there was one, disrupting Congressional business for several hours, looting, killing and mayhem incited by Trump and his minions.  The bullshit about letting him walk away peacefully because it's so soon, is just that, bullshit.  He picked the date, January 6th, to stir up his people.  That doesn't give him a get of jail free card.

"January 6th is going to be wild."  "We'll walk down to the Capitol, and I'll be with you." "Fight" "These people are not going to take it anymore" "All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical left Democrats, which is what they’re doing" "We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about" "We will not let them silence your voices. We’re not going to let it happen. Not going to let it happen." "We’re gathered together in the heart of our nation’s Capitol for one very, very basic and simple reason, to save our democracy." "We’re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us." "We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong" "The radical left knows exactly what they’re doing. They’re ruthless and it’s time that somebody did something about it." "And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore."

I sure could use Happy Dipshit telling me that was all just exaggeration and hyperbole right about now.

Meanwhile, here's a little blast from the past of what type of Presidential behavior used to spark criticism:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ned said:

At some point Pelosi is going to need to get on with actually conducting the People's business instead of her own, and that of her "con$tituency".  Certainly a poster child for term limits and a deep forensic audit. 

She's pretty much done at this point. It's in Shumer's hands now.

16 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

In fact, there were no Whatevers. But all 4 of the Whybothers were brave Republicans. 232+197+4=433. The other 2 are vacancies: the Louisiana anti-masker who died of COVID and NY-22 which hasn't been certified yet.

Thanks for that.

If you don't mind my asking...

Who were the why bothers? Or, not present.

Just now, jhc said:

Thanks for that.

If you don't mind my asking...

Who were the why bothers? Or, not present.

Granger, Harris, Murphy and Webster.

18 minutes ago, Ned said:

Trump? Trump who?

Just now, Olsonist said:

Granger, Harris, Murphy and Webster.

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The fuck-0knuckle from Maryland, is known around here as "Dr. No".  A medical doctor, he earned his name before he was even sworn in by bitching his health insurance wouldn't kick in until a month after switching jobs.  Of course, he couldn't give a shit that this reality hammers millions of Americans.

ANDY HARRIS CARES ABOUT HIS OWN HEALTH CARE, BUT NOT HIS CONSTITUENTS’

He claims he was "too busy" -

andy.jpg

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

What is the point? THEY WERE ALL THERE! Every one of them is a witness.

• Like 1

To paraphrase 45 back in Feb - "Today there is only one case of a dangerous anti American President. In a few days there will be none."

From wikipedia:

Granger was part of a group of eight Republicans who spent July 4, 2018, meeting with Russian officials in advance of Trump's summit with Vladimir Putin.During her tenure, Granger has supported more than $50 million in earmarks to infrastructure projects in Fort Worth that benefited the Trinity River Vision Authority, an organization her son heads.[55] 

After Joe Biden won the 2020 presidential election and President Donald Trump refused to concede while making false claims of fraud, Harris defended Trump's efforts to overturn the election.[46] Harris falsely claimed there were "large-scale voting irregularities" and "secret, unobserved vote counting in the swing states."[46]In December 2020, Harris was one of 126 Republican members of the House of Representatives who signed an amicus brief in support of Texas v. Pennsylvania, a lawsuit filed at the United States Supreme Court contesting the results of the 2020 presidential election.[46] The Supreme Court declined to hear the case on the basis that Texas lacked standing under Article III of the Constitution to challenge the results of the election held by another state.[47][48][49]On January 6, 2021, after 2021 storming of the United States Capitol, Harris was involved in a fight on the House floor after taking offense to Rep. Conor Lamb’s criticism of House Republicans for pushing unfounded conspiracy theories.[50]

On December 18, 2019, Murphy voted for both articles of impeachment against President Donald J. Trump.[33]Murphy co-sponsored the DREAM Act and voted several times to force a House vote on it.[14] She was, however, one of only 24 House Democrats who voted for Kate's Law,[29] under which "an alien who has been excluded, deported, removed, or denied admission, or who has departed the United States while under an outstanding order of exclusion, deportation, or removal, and who subsequently crosses or attempts to cross the border into the United States, shall be fined, imprisoned not more than two years, or both."[30] To demonstrate her support for immigration reform, she posted online a picture of herself wearing an "I Am An Immigrant" t-shirt along with the message, "#IAmAnImmigrant and proud of it. Our nation's diversity is its strength. Opportunity and freedom keep the American dream alive."[31]

December 2020, Webster was one of 126 Republican members of the House of Representatives who signed an amicus brief in support of Texas v. Pennsylvania, a lawsuit filed at the United States Supreme Court contesting the results of the 2020 presidential election, in which Joe Biden prevailed[63] over incumbent Donald Trump. The Supreme Court declined to hear the case on the basis that Texas lacked standing under Article III of the Constitution to challenge the results of the election held by another state.[64][65][66]House Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued a statement that called signing the amicus brief an act of "election subversion." Additionally, Pelosi reprimanded Webster and the other House members who supported the lawsuit: "The 126 Republican Members that signed onto this lawsuit brought dishonor to the House. Instead of upholding their oath to support and defend the Constitution, they chose to subvert the Constitution and undermine public trust in our sacred democratic institutions."[67][68] New Jersey Representative Bill Pascrell, citing section three of the 14th Amendment, called for Pelosi to not seat Webster and the other Republicans who signed the brief supporting the suit. Pascrell argued that "the text of the 14th Amendment expressly forbids Members of Congress from engaging in rebellion against the United States. Trying to overturn a democratic election and install a dictator seems like a pretty clear example of that."[69]

So the house doesn’t hold hearings before voting to impeach?   

You really don't like that 'voting' shit do you cupcake.

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Not when they can't control who GETS to vote.

Or don't like the results.

19 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Joker pretty much sums up the Republican lament these days. Voting isn't just unfair, it's SO unfair! Wahhhh!

First they have the audacity to count black people’s votes, then they go and impeach New York’s Gift to the Presidency for sending his foot soldiers to wipe shit on the legislative branch. It isn’t just unfair. It is SO Unfair. 

5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Or don't like the results.

You know this is what proves they are complete deplorables. My parents (as I am sure most did) taught me to accept a defeat with grace and sportsmanship and to address the issues that led to the defeat to be better next time) 

No excuses, no 'they cheated', no blaming of others for the loss, just shake the hand of the victor and move on. 

But truth and facts no longer matter to these scum, just winning. Worse still they spent more time before the election setting up to cry foul than they did in trying to win it. They deserve the next decade in the political wilderness that they have brought upon themselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Dear retarded idiot.  Due process happens in the senate.  What you just saw was democracy.  Here's what democracy looks like, since you'll struggle to look it up.  This is in reverse order, if you can figure that out....

Date/Time Session
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 4:53pm
The Speaker announced that the House do now adjourn pursuant to section 5(a)(1)(B) of H. Res. 8. The next meeting is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on January 15, 2021.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 4:52pm
Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence - Pursuant to clause 11 of rule X, clause 11 of rule I, and the order of the House of January 4, 2021, the Speaker appointed the following members of the House to the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence: Mr. Schiff and Mr. Nunes.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 4:42pm
Pursuant to the provisions of H. Res. 41, H. Res. 40 is considered passed House.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 4:36pm
Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 5:07pm
On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 232 - 197 (Roll no. 17).
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 3:53pm
The previous question was ordered pursuant to the rule.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 12:29pm
DEBATE - The House proceeded with two hours of debate on H. Res. 24.
Rule provides for consideration of H. Res. 24 with 2 hours of general debate. Previous question shall be considered as ordered without intervening motions. Measure will be considered read. Bill is closed to amendments.
Considered under the provisions of rule H. Res. 41. H. Res. 24 — "Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors."
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 12:24pm
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 12:47pm
On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 221 - 203 (Roll no. 16).
On ordering the previous question Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 221 - 205 (Roll no. 15).
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 9:28am
DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on H. Res. 41.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 9:27am
Considered as privileged matter. H. Res. 41 — "Providing for consideration of the resolution (H. Res. 24) impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors."
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 9:19am
The House convened, returning from a recess continuing the legislative day of January 13.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 9:03am
The Speaker announced that the House do now recess for a period of less than 15 minutes.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - The Chair designated Mr. McGovern to lead the Members in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 11:47am
SPEAKER'S APPROVAL OF THE JOURNAL - Pursuant to section 5(a)(1)(A) of H. Res. 8, the Journal of the last day's proceedings was approved.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 9:01am
Today's prayer was offered by the House Chaplain, Chaplain Margaret Grun Kibben.
The Speaker designated the Honorable Anthony G. Brown to act as Speaker pro tempore for today.
The House convened, starting a new legislative day.

8 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Dear retarded idiot.  Due process happens in the senate.  What you just saw was democracy.  Here's what democracy looks like, since you'll struggle to look it up.  This is in reverse order, if you can figure that out....

Date/Time Session
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 4:53pm
The Speaker announced that the House do now adjourn pursuant to section 5(a)(1)(B) of H. Res. 8. The next meeting is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on January 15, 2021.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 4:52pm
Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence - Pursuant to clause 11 of rule X, clause 11 of rule I, and the order of the House of January 4, 2021, the Speaker appointed the following members of the House to the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence: Mr. Schiff and Mr. Nunes.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 4:42pm
Pursuant to the provisions of H. Res. 41, H. Res. 40 is considered passed House.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 4:36pm
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 5:07pm
On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 232 - 197 (Roll no. 17).
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 3:53pm
The previous question was ordered pursuant to the rule.
DEBATE - The House proceeded with two hours of debate on H. Res. 24.
Rule provides for consideration of H. Res. 24 with 2 hours of general debate. Previous question shall be considered as ordered without intervening motions. Measure will be considered read. Bill is closed to amendments.
Considered under the provisions of rule H. Res. 41. H. Res. 24 — "Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors."
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 12:24pm
On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 221 - 203 (Roll no. 16).
On ordering the previous question Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 221 - 205 (Roll no. 15).
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 9:28am
DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on H. Res. 41.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 9:27am
Considered as privileged matter. H. Res. 41 — "Providing for consideration of the resolution (H. Res. 24) impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors."
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 9:19am
The House convened, returning from a recess continuing the legislative day of January 13.
The Speaker announced that the House do now recess for a period of less than 15 minutes.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - The Chair designated Mr. McGovern to lead the Members in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 11:47am
SPEAKER'S APPROVAL OF THE JOURNAL - Pursuant to section 5(a)(1)(A) of H. Res. 8, the Journal of the last day's proceedings was approved.
Today's prayer was offered by the House Chaplain, Chaplain Margaret Grun Kibben.
The Speaker designated the Honorable Anthony G. Brown to act as Speaker pro tempore for today.
The House convened, starting a new legislative day.

So?   Let’s look at the first impeachment

Start;

On Sept. 24, citing that report and others, Pelosi said Trump is "calling upon a foreign power to intervene in his election. This is a breach of his constitutional responsibilities." She then announced the start of a formal impeachment inquiry. "The president must be held accountable," she said. "No one is above the law." She said six congressional committees that had been investigating Trump's actions would continue under the auspices of the inquiry.

FINISH

Judiciary Committee approves two articles

The House Judiciary Committee on Dec. 12 spent more than 14 hours in a highly partisan and at times emotional debate deliberating over two articles of impeachment, accusing Trump of abusing the power of his office and with obstructing Congress. The following day, the panel approved each article on a party-line 23-17 vote, making Trump just the fourth president in American history to face impeachment by the House.

you can do math I hope 

two plus months of due process vs a few hours   

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

America?

Congressman Jason Crow, a Democrat, told MSNBC many of his Republican colleagues fear their lives could be in danger if they voted to support the impeachment.

“The majority of them are actually paralysed with fear,” he said.

“I had a lot of conversations with my Republican colleagues last night, and a couple of them broke down in tears talking to me, and said they are afraid for their lives if they vote for this impeachment.”

They let the genie out of the bottle. They need to stop being such snowflakes 

1 hour ago, Sean said:
2 hours ago, The Joker said:

That happens at trial. 

It's kind of like a trial where you refuse to hear witnesses.

:ph34r:

- DSK

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

you can do math I hope 

Why get all pissy about democracy in action?

The first impeachment was, according to your ilk, flawed from all those pesky hearings, and whatnot, held "in secret", in "the basement".

Due to popular demand all that was eliminated, to please the opposition. 

Now you, and others, complain. You never get what you want. Boo hoo.

I know, I know, it's not about the issue, it's about "the process".

You are a "process person". My sincere sympathy.

For those who are concerned about due process I wonder if criminal law provides any clue as to what due process is afforded a target when a grand jury is seated.  

It’s a tough question perhaps our resident legal eagles could provide some insight?

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

For those who are concerned about due process I wonder if criminal law provides any clue as to what due process is afforded a target when a grand jury is seated.  

It’s a tough question perhaps our resident legal eagles could provide some insight?

All grand jury activities are supposed to be confidential.

19 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Some snowflake whining about how this is SOOOOOOOO unfair!*

*paraphrase, not a quote, for those who have him on ignore.

One possible difference? Last time it was pretty clear that the Senate wasn't going to hold any kind of trial. So it was necessary to get as many facts on the table in the House.

This time the facts were . . . everywhere in the public domain.

Tard hasn't been convicted . . . yet. You can have your hearings and witnesses in the Senate for a change.

Or would you prefer to complain about how the House is spending too much time on this and not enough time doing the business of government (as the Elk did last time)? It seems to me that they were pretty efficient this time.

43 minutes ago, The Joker said:

you can do math I hope 

Here's some math:

1 subpoenaed witness + 1 ignored subpoena = 1 witness not fucking showing up 

How many witnesses not showing up would have been sufficient for you?

The Don has spoken...

"these impeachment numbers are beautiful ... in fact my impeachment numbers are the biggest of all time ... nobody gets impeached like I do ... I know more about impeachment than anyone"

10 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The Don has spoken...

"these impeachment numbers are beautiful ... in fact my impeachment numbers are the biggest of all time ... nobody gets impeached like I do ... I know more about impeachment than anyone"

"Nobody's been impeached more than me!"

• Like 1

So?   Let’s look at the first impeachment

Start;

On Sept. 24, citing that report and others, Pelosi said Trump is "calling upon a foreign power to intervene in his election. This is a breach of his constitutional responsibilities." She then announced the start of a formal impeachment inquiry. "The president must be held accountable," she said. "No one is above the law." She said six congressional committees that had been investigating Trump's actions would continue under the auspices of the inquiry.

FINISH

Judiciary Committee approves two articles

The House Judiciary Committee on Dec. 12 spent more than 14 hours in a highly partisan and at times emotional debate deliberating over two articles of impeachment, accusing Trump of abusing the power of his office and with obstructing Congress. The following day, the panel approved each article on a party-line 23-17 vote, making Trump just the fourth president in American history to face impeachment by the House.

you can do math I hope 

And y'all bitched that the first one took too long. Fuck your feelings.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jhc said:

All grand jury activities are supposed to be confidential.

Hmmmm.   Didn’t answer my question but you’re saying this is more transparent.  
Sounds like a good thing!

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
5 hours ago, Sean said:

So far 10 Republican votes to impeach. 

So far, that's 10 more than voted Yea the first time.

If you ignore noted Tea Party Trumpublican Justin Amash's vote to impeach the first time, yes, that's true.

I don't, so it's not true to me, but I'm sure most here will find it true anyway.

Looks like Rudy might get triple shafted in Impeachment Part 2

1) not picked for the elite strike force legal teams this go round.

2) Shafted for $20K/day legal fees post election?

3) Pardon in jeopardy because he didn’t deliver reelection?

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-wont-pay-rudy-giuliani/

Trump has instructed aides not to pay Giuliani's legal fees, two officials said, and has demanded that he personally approve any reimbursements for the expenses Giuliani incurred while traveling on the president's behalf to challenge election results in key states. They said Trump has privately expressed concern with some of Giuliani's moves and did not appreciate a demand from Giuliani for $20,000 a day in fees for his work attempting to overturn the election."

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Polytelum Tom said:

If you ignore noted Tea Party Trumpublican Justin Amash's vote to impeach the first time, yes, that's true.

I don't, so it's not true to me, but I'm sure most here will find it true anyway.

Wow, splitting hairs, but true.  Not sure he's a Trumpublican since he ditched the party because of Trump.  Let's say 9 then.

Just now, roundthebuoys said:

Wow, splitting hairs, but true.  Not sure he's a Trumpublican since he ditched the party because of Trump.  Let's say 9 then.

He ditched the party months after voting to impeach Trump. That was because, unlike many here, TeamR types definitely noticed his vote and it earned him a primary opponent who now holds his old seat. And who turns out to be pretty similar to Amash, to my surprise and delight.

3 minutes ago, Polytelum Tom said:

He ditched the party months after voting to impeach Trump. That was because, unlike many here, TeamR types definitely noticed his vote and it earned him a primary opponent who now holds his old seat. And who turns out to be pretty similar to Amash, to my surprise and delight.

Seems like payback for being against Trump.  That doesn't sound like a Trumpublican to me.

6 hours ago, The Joker said:

What hearings do they need?  It was fucking insurrection captured through fucking selfies in the fucking capitol building.  Right after fucking trump told them to go there and fight.  

Some things are just self eva dent.  

Just now, roundthebuoys said:

Seems like payback for being against Trump.  That doesn't sound like a Trumpublican to me.

He's a libertarian and any half-educated partisan fuckwit will tell you that means Trumpublican. Unless, of course, the half-educated partisan fuckwit in question is TeamR, in which case libertarian means commiedemoncrat. But we mostly have the former kind around here, so I directed my sarcasm at them.

6 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Don't like democracy, fucking MOVE asshole. Preferably to a desert

What's wrong with deserts?  I live in a desert and It's perfectly democratic.

2 minutes ago, Polytelum Tom said:

He's a libertarian and any half-educated partisan fuckwit will tell you that means Trumpublican. Unless, of course, the half-educated partisan fuckwit in question is TeamR, in which case libertarian means commiedemoncrat. But we mostly have the former kind around here, so I directed my sarcasm at them.

No offense, really I mean it.  But I've had too much wine to parse that.

5 hours ago, Ned said:

So You honestly think Insurrection against the United States by a sitting POTUS is simply Nancy's personal agenda???  Seriously?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

What hearings do they need?  It was fucking insurrection captured through fucking selfies in the fucking capitol building.  Right after fucking trump told them to go there and fight.  

Some things are just self eva dent.  

Nope we need hearings and witnesses.  Even though the actual witnesses were actually testifying and voting today.  Maybe Giuliani has an opinion about what congress people were talking about exactly what they went through.  YCMTSU.

1 hour ago, Polytelum Tom said:

If I am not mistaken, Rep. Amash left the GOP and became an Independent in July of 2019.

Remind me - when was President Trump’s Impeachment?  I mean, the first one. 

43 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Trump has instructed aides not to pay Giuliani's legal fees, two officials said, and has demanded that he personally approve any reimbursements for the expenses Giuliani incurred while traveling on the president's behalf to challenge election results in key states. They said Trump has privately expressed concern with some of Giuliani's moves and did not appreciate a demand from Giuliani for $20,000 a day in fees for his work attempting to overturn the election."

Delicious

7 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

YCMTSU

And yet they do.

16 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

That’s YOUR opinion. Sounds like quite a few folks disagree with you.

29 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

If you're the only one there, of course it's perfect.

Good place to make your own tequila too.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Why should he get treated any better than the plumber or the guy doing the tiling?

I wonder if the guys doing Melania's failed renos at Moron a Lago fared any better.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

FWIW I wouldn't pay him either. Rudy, with his "trial by combat" comment, is probably more on the hook than Trump is for this. Trump is a better lawyer than Rudy! The Winning..it burns...  

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
8 hours ago, Polytelum Tom said:

If I am not mistaken, Rep. Amash left the GOP and became an Independent in July of 2019.

Remind me - when was President Trump’s Impeachment?  I mean, the first one. 

True but he later became a Libertarian, revealing to all that he was a Trumpublican all along. Olsonist will be by shortly to explain this to you.

14 hours ago, The Joker said:

No time for niceties like collecting facts. Impeachment is the latest  thing. Nancy Pelosi is the undisputed champion having presided over half the impeachments in the history of the country and freshperson Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) Will introduce DOA articles of impeachment against "The Big Guy" on Jan 20.

12 minutes ago, Polytelum Tom said:

True but he later became a Libertarian, revealing to all that he was a Trumpublican all along. Olsonist will be by shortly to explain this to you.

Tom's boy Shitstain was first impeached December 18, 2019. Justin Amash left the Republican Party in July 2019 and then became a Libertarian in April 2020. No Republicans nor any Libertarians voted for his boy's first impeachment. Tulsi Gabbard, currently unemployed, bravely voted present. Jeff Van Drew was a Democrat at the time and voted Nay. He's now a Republican and voted Nay again yesterday.

21 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Tom's boy Shitstain was first impeached December 18, 2019. Justin Amash left the Republican Party in July 2019 and then became a Libertarian in April 2020. No Republicans nor any Libertarians voted for his boy's first impeachment.

You (suddenly) act like there's a difference between a Libertarian and a Republican. Conflicts with what you've said for years.

1 hour ago, Polytelum Tom said:

Libertarians are Trumpublicans?

I may be mistaken, but I have long thought YOU are a Libertarian.

5 hours ago, Polytelum Tom said:

You (suddenly) act like there's a difference between a Libertarian and a Republican. Conflicts with what you've said for years.

Lables of convenience.

Biden is shaking in his boots, no doubt.

16 minutes ago, Mike G said:

She is remarkably stupid. I see a bright future for her in the Trumpuglican Party.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Undoubtedly for pedophilia and cannibalism. Check the basement, bullshitters!

Hmm.  Wonder if we will find some new additions to the Mar-a-Lago decor?

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

#stopthesteal

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I'm sure they have an inventory of what was there when Turnip first infested the place. I'm equally sure they will be demanding it back.

17 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

"....when the looting starts, the shooting starts...."

Actually, I heard it was rented and it's just being returned.