Jules

Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Think of all the policemen and military who have been fired for posting or being overheard talking super-racist bullshit. Think they wouldn't LOVE to have the shoe back on the other foot?

all the policemen and military

Get a grip - there are about 700,000 police and 1,300,000 military in the States.

That's 2,000,000 total and how many have been sanctioned for extremism?

Probably around the third decimal place - statistically insignificant.

13 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Think of all the policemen and military who have been fired for posting or being overheard talking super-racist bullshit. Think they wouldn't LOVE to have the shoe back on the other foot?

Get a grip - there are about 700,000 police and 1,300,000 military in the States.

It would be difficult to run the numbers accurately. Agree it would be a small percentage but when you look at at policing in the US, it's not an insignificant number especially in terms of influence on others. Anecdotal: my county has less than 20 deputies. 2 have been fired in the past decade for Nazi/KKK type activities and PUBLISHED connections... meaning they were dumb and careless and got caught. There are 3 more that I know of for a fact that are active as white supremacists/ultra-right wingers here; and have managed to avoid crossing the line and being fired.

- DSK

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

It would be difficult to run the numbers accurately.. Anecdotal: my county has less than 20 deputies. 2 have been fired in the past decade for Nazi/KKK type activities and PUBLISHED connections... meaning they were dumb and careless and got caught. There are 3 more that I know of for a fact that are active as white supremacists/ultra-right wingers here; and have managed to avoid crossing the line and being fired.

Agree that 25% of military and law enforcement being white nationalist & racist is a reasonable estimate. 

Types like that gravitate toward those jobs. 

^^^

And that opinion will surely be circulated internally among Federal judges, and will certainly be trotted out with variations all over the place when these other tossers apply for bail.  Bloody right too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

We need to ask Mikey...I'm sure he'd get it down to three decimal places and locate the town where the .001 neo-nazi guy lives.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

We need to ask Mikey...I'm sure he'd get it down to three decimal places and locate the town where the .001 neo-nazi guy lives.  

And he would know the neo from when Mikey was working hard at inventing the question mark. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

Owie....brutal.

Appropiate.

Brutal, maybe, if you give the rioters the benefit of doubt that they were somehow manipulated into storming the Capitol. That, in my opinion, could only apply to local simpletons who just happened to be around.

People who travelled hundreds and thousands of miles to be there need not apply. Nor do people sworn to the Constitution like (ex)military, National Guard, police officers or civil servants. Nor do lawyers or judges. They knew full well what trip they embarked in and a good portion of them might still be frustrated that they couldn't shed more blood, including killing the VP or any of the members of the houses.

Fuck them, hard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike G said:

Owie....brutal.

Damn - I hope that judge was a Trump - or at least a Republican appointment

2 hours ago, Grog said:

Brutal, maybe, if you give the rioters the benefit of doubt that they were somehow manipulated into storming the Capitol. That, in my opinion, could only apply to local simpletons who just happened to be around.

People who travelled hundreds and thousands of miles to be there need not apply. Nor do people sworn to the Constitution like (ex)military, National Guard, police officers or civil servants. Nor do lawyers or judges. They knew full well what trip they embarked in and a good portion of them might still be frustrated that they couldn't shed more blood, including killing the VP or any of the members of the houses.

Fuck them, hard.

As someones signature line says - anally rape them with a winch handle so hard their proctologist can read "Ramwel" in the wall of their colon.

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

In 2010? I doubt it.

He's right to have no reason to expect obedience to his orders, especially given the nincomcouper is a lawyer.

22 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Appointed in 2010, so probably an Obama appointment. 

20 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

As someones signature line says - anally rape them with a winch handle so hard their proctologist can read "ramweL" in the wall of their colon.

FIFY

• Like 1

after watching the following clip, i cant help but wonder how some people remember how to breathe. the fuckwit is strong in this one......

16 minutes ago, basketcase said:

after watching the following clip, i cant help but wonder how some people remember how to breathe. the fuckwit is strong in this one......

How embarassing!  In front of the WAFFLE HOUSE?!?!

That could either mean he can never show his face there again, OR he gets free waffles for life. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, basketcase said:

Somehow it seems fitting that he was arrested at a Waffle House.

2 hours ago, learningJ24 said:

Since currently serving and veterans make up about 7% of the population...

More an outcome of the all volunteer military and the reluctance of many educated liberals to serve. Enlisted folks since the end of the draft generally come from red states.  Officers more likely to be moderate but still trend right, at least through O-4. With many notable exceptions, you find 0-6 and above more socially liberal but fiscally conservative. A lot of less than career enlisted exit because the general trend of the military is to fiercely defend the concept of civilian control and the hard right youngsters don’t fit as well as they would like.  More technical folks (cyber, advanced electronics folks etc) tend to be closer to the middle. Shooters tend to tend further right. 

Just my observations over a 33 year career and staying close since retirement late 2005. 

2 hours ago, basketcase said:

LOL Waffle House...  Priceless...  

Those boobs make it too easy for the FBI.

Fish in a barrel.

Realtor who took private jet to Capitol riot gets booted from PayPal

The Texas Realtor who flew on a private jet to take part in the US Capitol riot shamelessly begged for donations on PayPal for her legal fees and business losses — getting her booted from the service.

“I have to go to trial in Washington DC for this misdemeanor. I believe I was wrongfully arrested and charged and we have to fight for my freedom and decl [sic] my name,” Ryan wrote.

“There is a concerted effort to destroy patriotic, Christian, patriots and Trump supporters. It is happening, and we need to come together. At this point I need support so that I can clear my name,” she said, whining that her computers, phone and MAGA hat were confiscated.

“I am being surrounded by hateful people who are calling me a racist and asking for me to go to prison for 10 or 20 years and saying all sorts of horrible mean things about me. They don’t even know me. They want my business destroyed. I need help patriots,” Ryan added.

After her PayPal account was closed, Ryan tweeted, “I’ve been doing transaction was with PayPal for 20 years. And they canceled me because I raised $200 today. The New World order is trying to intimidate me. Thank God I have Jesus on my side. Power of God to move mountains”

A short time later, she tweeted, “Take a secret? I really don’t need the donations. I was just giving people the opportunity to contribute and be blessed by their giving. Whoever donates to me is going to be blessed beyond measure.”

4 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Realtor who took private jet to Capitol riot gets booted from PayPal

The Texas Realtor who flew on a private jet to take part in the US Capitol riot shamelessly begged for donations on PayPal for her legal fees and business losses — getting her booted from the service.

“I have to go to trial in Washington DC for this misdemeanor. I believe I was wrongfully arrested and charged and we have to fight for my freedom and decl [sic] my name,” Ryan wrote.

“There is a concerted effort to destroy patriotic, Christian, patriots and Trump supporters. It is happening, and we need to come together. At this point I need support so that I can clear my name,” she said, whining that her computers, phone and MAGA hat were confiscated.

“I am being surrounded by hateful people who are calling me a racist and asking for me to go to prison for 10 or 20 years and saying all sorts of horrible mean things about me. They don’t even know me. They want my business destroyed. I need help patriots,” Ryan added.

3nq5ktp7y9321.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

I never did buy into the "Intel failure" explanation for the lack of sufficient security at the capitol building .  .  . 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/22/2011075/-More-evidence-that-it-wasn-t-an-intelligence-failure

Hearings need to be conducted and the guilty punished severely.

29 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

A short time later, she tweeted, “Take a secret? I really don’t need the donations. I was just giving people the opportunity to contribute and be blessed by their giving. Whoever donates to me is going to be blessed beyond measure.”

She has a bright future in televangelism.

"Send me money - God will reward you".

CAPITOL RIOTER ADMITS DRAGGING COP DOWN STAIRS ... Denied Bail, Allegedly Tried to Flee U.S.

Jeffrey Sabol, a geophysicist from Colorado, admitted assaulting an officer during the insurrection, reportedly explaining it away as a "fit of rage" ... Friday in federal court in New York. After the failed coup, prosecutors claim Sabol traveled to NY and bought a plane ticket from Boston to Switzerland -- a non-extradition country -- in hopes of not being shipped home to face the music. The FBI arrested Sabol Friday morning at a medical facility just outside NYC, where prosecutors say he was being held in a psychiatric center following a suicide attempt.

8 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

More an outcome of the all volunteer military and the reluctance of many educated liberals to serve. Enlisted folks since the end of the draft generally come from red states.  Officers more likely to be moderate but still trend right, at least through O-4. With many notable exceptions, you find 0-6 and above more socially liberal but fiscally conservative. A lot of less than career enlisted exit because the general trend of the military is to fiercely defend the concept of civilian control and the hard right youngsters don’t fit as well as they would like.  More technical folks (cyber, advanced electronics folks etc) tend to be closer to the middle. Shooters tend to tend further right. 

Just my observations over a 33 year career and staying close since retirement late 2005. 

Thank you.  That's been my observation as well.  

20 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Not arguing with your observations, just taking the historian's view looking at the most enduring domestic terror organization in US history (KKK) and it's origin in the veteran community as well as it's infiltration into law enforcement.  Also, digging into the Global Terrorism Database for military/veteran representation shows a significantly higher incidence than in the general population. If we can assume that, based on voting patterns, say 15% of the population in general holds some measure of Right Wing Extremist views, what, in your opinion, would be the multiplier for the socio-economic class/regional origin for RWE members of the military?

This guy took huge gulps of the Kool-Aid.

The FBI was told that Strong had said World War III was going to occur on Jan. 6 and that the extremist group QAnon would cover the debt for a new truck he had purchased. Strong “adheres strongly to QAnon ideology, admitting to having ‘Q Clearance,’ and said he believed that ‘a new one-party system’ called ‘the Patriot Party’ was coming,” the affidavit said.

FAA employee from Riverside County charged with taking part in U.S. Capitol riot

On 1/22/2021 at 12:38 AM, SloopJonB said:

As someones signature line says - anally rape them with a winch handle so hard their proctologist can read "Ramwel" in the wall of their colon.

I removed that a while ago I think;)

Well, it was memorable then.

8H8P4HS.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, learningJ24 said:

Not arguing with your observations, just taking the historian's view looking at the most enduring domestic terror organization in US history (KKK) and it's origin in the veteran community as well as it's infiltration into law enforcement.  Also, digging into the Global Terrorism Database for military/veteran representation shows a significantly higher incidence than in the general population. If we can assume that, based on voting patterns, say 15% of the population in general holds some measure of Right Wing Extremist views, what, in your opinion, would be the multiplier for the socio-economic class/regional origin for RWE members of the military?

Worthy of more than time allow here but I think it is largely that the military no longer represents the population at large. At the risk of making overly broad statements, kids from  more liberal families don’t sign up and lower socioeconomic demographics see the military as a step up from a dismal life or their vet parent pushes them in to “man them up.”  On the racial side, I had a lot of sailors who’s single mothers pushed them into the service to get them out of a bad track. 

Add in that it’s a very technical force these days. Very few “mental group 5” folks can qualify and sorting with entry scores moves the less critical thinking folks into the important but lower skilled jobs. That’s not all bad. An army or navy in the field needs soldiers who will walk into fire for their squad, company and country. We don’t want them thinking big thoughts and high strategy. As they grow and promote, you want more critical thinking and tactical/strategy execution. Since the military is a young, up or out force, those who don’t develop are selected or self select out. 

Instead on blabbing on, I think it’s the military volunteers since the draft ended has shifted right while the country has generally moved more to the middle. Endless wars (yes, a lot of us senior guys were not fans of civilian decisions to send us and leave us) create a fatigue, particularly when the budgets go up and down but the various administrations won’t reduce the demand. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 1:18 PM, SloopJonB said:

I can assure you that the US Armed forces do not consider the burgeoning membership of its servicemen in white supremacist gangs an insignificant problem

Ya gotta love these big talkin' pussies after reality smacks them in the face.

Capitol rioter charged with threatening to 'assassinate' Rep. Ocasio-Cortez

Garret Miller of Texas faces five criminal charges stemming from the Capitol insurrection, including trespassing offenses and making death threats. Miller allegedly tweeted, "assassinate AOC," according to court documents. He also said the police officer who fatally shot a Trump supporter during the attack "deserves to die" and won't "survive long" because it's "huntin[g] season."

Clint Broden, a lawyer for Miller, told CNN Saturday that his client "certainly regrets what he did. He did it in support of former President (Donald) Trump, but regrets his actions. He has the support of his family, and a lot of the comments, as viewed in context, are really sort of misguided political hyperbole. Given the political divide these days, there is a lot of hyperbole," Broden said.

So tack on another 5 years for Criminal Hyperbole.

Federal law enforcement officials are privately debating whether they should decline to charge some of the individuals who stormed the U.S. Capitol this month — a politically loaded proposition but one alert to the practical concern that hundreds of such cases could swamp the local courthouse. The internal discussions are in their early stages, and no decisions have been reached about whether to forgo charging some of those who illegally entered the Capitol on Jan. 6, according to multiple people familiar with the discussions.

Justice Department, FBI debate not charging some of the Capitol rioters

A New Jersey gym owner and former ultimate fighter who got attention for defying the COVID lockdown was arrested for his role in the Capitol riot on Friday after several people identified him to the FBI, according to court papers. Scott Kevin Fairlamb of Stockholm, N.J., who fought under the name “Wildman,” was charged in federal court in Washington, D.C., with assaulting a federal officer and carrying a dangerous weapon, according to documents.

The arrest affidavit described contacts from four concerned citizens who told the FBI that Fairlamb was at the Capitol that day and posted videos of himself on Facebook that he later deleted.  At least one person submitted a video that allegedly showed Fairlamb shove and punch an officer on the West Front of the Capitol. Another showed him on the scaffolding outside the Capitol, and an officer’s body cam shows him standing in the crowd wearing camouflage jacket and red shoes, WRNJ reported.

New Jersey gym owner charged in Capitol riot

The two Rocky Mount police offers facing federal charges for their involvement in the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol were suspended without pay as of Friday, January 22.

“This action is part of our ongoing cooperation with the federal investigation into the presence of both men at the Washington, D.C. Capitol building on January 6. We are fully aware of the serious nature of the information contained in the federal arrest warrants and are continuing to assist with federal agents as they investigate this matter,” added the Town of Rocky Mount.

Rocky Mount officers at Capitol riot suspended without pay

1 minute ago, hobie1616 said:

Federal law enforcement officials are privately debating whether they should decline to charge some of the individuals who stormed the U.S. Capitol this month — a politically loaded proposition but one alert to the practical concern that hundreds of such cases could swamp the local courthouse. The internal discussions are in their early stages, and no decisions have been reached about whether to forgo charging some of those who illegally entered the Capitol on Jan. 6, according to multiple people familiar with the discussions.

Justice Department, FBI debate not charging some of the Capitol rioters

That's crap - leave them in jail until they can get to them.

Or hire some more judges.

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That's crap - leave them in jail until they can get to them.

Or hire some more judges.

Fuck them.

If Kalief Browder can be held at Riker's Island for 3 years on a bullshit charge, they can sit their asses down until we get to them.

• Like 1

Wonder what the canine will say that minimizes this?

FBI: Texan charged in Capitol riot tweeted 'Assassinate AOC'

“Assassinate AOC”

“They are right next time we bring the guns"

“hug his neck with a nice rope" (from a "toy gallows", I am sure)

Just a little hyperbole, right?  Just some good old boys, never meanin' no harm.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

“Assassinate AOC”

Just a little hyperbole, right?  Just some good old boys, never meanin' no harm.

They were there just to take selfies. 

34 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

“Assassinate AOC”

It's locker room talk. 

Interesting article informing us that this was the second US coup attempt by white suprematists. The 1898 Wilmington Coup was somewhat more “successful”:

Mother Jones

8 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Ya gotta love these big talkin' pussies after reality smacks them in the face.

Dude, if these people actually scare the piss out of you then you're a pussy. 

5K troops in D.C. for a bunch of "big talking pussies" morons with fur and horns? BOO! 

BTW - what the fuck happened to the counter riot, did they get the dates mixed up or what? :huh: 

5 hours ago, Venom said:

Dude, if these people actually scare the piss out of you then you're a pussy. 

5K troops in D.C. for a bunch of "big talking pussies" morons with fur and horns? BOO! 

BTW - what the fuck happened to the counter riot, did they get the dates mixed up or what? :huh: 

Your response confirms that you are a big talkin' pussy.

Cop’s Son Who Punched Officer In Capitol Attack Has A Brother In The Secret Service

There’s no indication that Preston Fairlamb III, who is listed on LinkedIn as resident agent-in-charge of the Trenton, New Jersey, office of the Secret Service, was aware of his brother’s activities at the Capitol this month. The criminal complaint against Scott Fairlamb, authored by an unnamed FBI agent, does not give any specific sign that Agent Fairlamb helped bring his brother to justice.

“Over the last 8-10 years, Scott got pulled more and more into the conspiracy theory vortex and pushed everything in his life aside for it. Trump’s first campaign set his targets on [Hillary Clinton] and ‘lock her up,’ then it moved to QAnon type stuff over the last few years and ultimately resulted in his participation in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot,” the acquaintance said.

“I feel for his wife, family, employees and community, but I have zero empathy for him. He’s had too many chances over the years to correct his pattern of bullying behavior ― all while portraying himself as a ‘good guy with a Batman cape’ in his hometown,” the acquaintance said.

13 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:
13 hours ago, Mike G said:

They were there just to take selfies. 

And protest confederate statues.

And try to score a nice podium to bring home for the kids

- DSK

1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:

Your response confirms that you are a big talkin' pussy.

Good one half-wit, keep them coming. I'm enjoying your little clown show meltdown threads. :D

8 minutes ago, Venom said:

Good one half-wit, keep them coming. I'm enjoying your little clown show meltdown threads. :D

Said like a true big talkin' pussy.

Just now, hobie1616 said:

589adccc93ce5cef5f35c2729fe28444.gif

36 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:
45 minutes ago, Venom said:

Pussy? Naw, he's just a stupid useless piece of shit. 

9 hours ago, El Borracho said:

Interesting article informing us that this was the second US coup attempt by white suprematists. The 1898 Wilmington Coup was somewhat more “successful”:

Mother Jones

Well, there was that Bush grand dad coup attempt in the 1930's, 

which was actually pretty serious . . and I think it was likely white supremacist 

in orientation as well. 

(Venom is all that is wrong with the Reich - I have never once seen a post from him that was worth reading. Even his name calling is singularly lacking in imagination and humor.) 

There is unfortunate blowback for Trump supporters who attended the rally but did not take part in the subsequent riot.

Allentown teacher Jason Moorehead was suspended pending the results of an investigation into his actions at the January 6th rally after he posted on social media pics of his attendance at the rally and then retweeted a comment that minimized the violence at the Capitol because "everyone there was insured."

He is suffering significant outcry and damage to his professional reputation because of the paid suspension. At what point does the school system suppress free speech by suspending an employee based on their sharing their political speech? Because it is a governmental institution, it should show great restraint and caution when publicly disciplining employees on First Amendment issues.

Otherwise, the government is no better than @The Joker or @Dog who routinely label BLM a criminal organization. Our government needs to be held to a much higher standard than these private individuals apply to themselves.

Teachers who support RWNJ conspiracy theories like Stop The Steal, even if they don't riot, should not be teaching children.

Years ago we had a Holocaust Denier in Alberta (Keegstra) who was a grade school teacher - are you saying he should have been allowed to continue teaching because he was entitled to freedom of speech?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Teachers who support RWNJ conspiracy theories like Stop The Steal, even if they don't riot, should not be teaching children.

Years ago we had a Holocaust Denier in Alberta (Keegstra) who was a grade school teacher - are you saying he should have been allowed to continue teaching because he was entitled to freedom of speech?

Was this teacher using his position to espouse his views? 

For the record, I strive in my professional life to keep hidden my political views. 

That my students occasionally argue over my ideology would suggest I am somewhat successful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

He is suffering significant outcry and damage to his professional reputation because of the paid suspension.

That's such a bullshit argument, though.  He's not suffering significant outcry and damage to his professional reputation because of the paid suspension, he's suffering significant outcry and damage to his professional reputation because of his social media posts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

There is unfortunate blowback for Trump supporters who attended the rally but did not take part in the subsequent riot.

Allentown teacher Jason Moorehead was suspended pending the results of an investigation into his actions at the January 6th rally after he posted on social media pics of his attendance at the rally and then retweeted a comment that minimized the violence at the Capitol because "everyone there was insured."

He is suffering significant outcry and damage to his professional reputation because of the paid suspension. At what point does the school system suppress free speech by suspending an employee based on their sharing their political speech? Because it is a governmental institution, it should show great restraint and caution when publicly disciplining employees on First Amendment issues.

Otherwise, the government is no better than @The Joker or @Dog who routinely label BLM a criminal organization. Our government needs to be held to a much higher standard than these private individuals apply to themselves.

In a lot of districts, there are "moral turpitude" and "community standards" clauses in the contract not to mention "At Will" contracts.  Also, many districts make media appearances without permission a disciplinary offense. When I got into the business, I worked with people who remembered not being able to buy a six pack in the county of their employment or female teacher that, if pregnant, had to take a year off without pay.

14 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Yes

58 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Yes

Hopefully, he was relieved of his position. 

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

For the record, I strive in my professional life to keep hidden my political views.

Typically, the way I approached this conundrum was to present the students with 3 or 4 perspectives on issues . .

and only after that ask them if they wanted to hear my own views on the topic. 

Because (I believe) they thought I was trying to present other perspectives fairly, they usually said "yes". 

19 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Oh yes - that was what brought him national attention - sort of a Canadian 1A court case.

Around the same time we had a few along the same lines - Zundel and some others. Not teachers but loudmouthed Nazi's and Holocaust deniers.

They all came to bad ends.

Then there are the evolution denying fundies that apply for jobs teaching biology. 

And the climate denialists that worm their way into academia - there is one in Pol Sci at the U. of Colorado. 

All those types are entitled to free speech, but not on my nickel. 

40 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Why?

He attended the rally at which Trump spoke and espoused views of a political nature on social media. Is that behavior that deserves firing from a governmental institution?

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

That my students occasionally argue over my ideology would suggest I am somewhat successful.

Teachers are teachers 24/7.  Everything a teacher does in their private life is subject to scrutiny.  If you have a domestic dispute with a spouse that turns violent, are found to be consuming illegal substances, or (at least in the district I worked in) having an extra-marital affair, you risk losing your teaching position.  The term is "conduct unbecoming".  And that is the way it should be IMHO.  Too bad we don't hold politicians to the same high standard.

• Like 1

Never can as they make the rules and they certainly aren't going to subject themselves to the same standards they would the lower classes!!

11 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Why?

He attended the rally at which Trump spoke and espoused views of a political nature on social media. Is that behavior that deserves firing from a governmental institution?

We're talking about somebody else now, philly. Keegstra, in Canada. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Why?

Read more carefully - he was asking me in relation to Keegstra in Alberta.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, frenchie said:
6 hours ago, phillysailor said:

He is suffering significant outcry and damage to his professional reputation because of the paid suspension.

That's such a bullshit argument, though.  He's not suffering significant outcry and damage to his professional reputation because of the paid suspension, he's suffering significant outcry and damage to his professional reputation because of his social media posts.

Yep, another one on the long list of people who do not understand the difference between "punishment" and "consequences."

- DSK

Puts a whole new spin on "elections have consequences" doesn't it? :D

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
7 hours ago, frenchie said:
8 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Yep, another one on the long list of people who do not understand the difference between "punishment" and "consequences."

- DSK

I am saying the public outcry against those who attend a political rally of a detestable politician is fake outrage spurred on by lemmings. This guy did not seem to violate any laws or serious social norms which would justify a suspension until an investigation could be completed. 

Ya can't suggest investigating every ardent Trump voter without becoming the boogeyman to feed their whines on FOX and Newsmax

He's been suspended. That doesn't mean his life is ruined or ended. 

7 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Teachers are teachers 24/7.  Everything a teacher does in their private life is subject to scrutiny.  If you have a domestic dispute with a spouse that turns violent, are found to be consuming illegal substances, or (at least in the district I worked in) having an extra-marital affair, you risk losing your teaching position.  The term is "conduct unbecoming".  And that is the way it should be IMHO.  Too bad we don't hold politicians to the same high standard.

So true. Nurses too. Did you know you can get your RN license suspended for driving without insurance? What does that have to do with being a nurse? 

• Like 1

Insurrectionist in National Airport finds he's on the no-fly list and he can't get on an airplane to fly comfortably back home crying to the gate attendant:  "You've ruined my life!!!!"  

Fucking little whiner. 

9 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

So true. Nurses too. Did you know you can get your RN license suspended for driving without insurance? What does that have to do with being a nurse? 

What on earth has a hospital to do with uninsured drivers?   

Well, let me think...nothing, under a rational system of national health care.  Under the US system however...Insurance is their life blood.

See how that works?

1 hour ago, Zonker said:

He's been suspended. That doesn't mean his life is ruined or ended. 

Yup, it's just due process.  If he is able to prove he didn't go to the Capitol or do anything nefarious, he'll be re-instated.  Suspending him stops the lynch mob from forming outside his classroom, and avoids problems with students refusing to attend his classes.

• Like 1

Rules in Fijian school room. For the kids, not the teachers. Our favorites were "Professionally get into the boat" and "Beware of Falling Coconuts". rules-18.thumb.JPG.9732f24705a3880e96ff7b0f5fdd6018.JPG