Steve

Net reduction in mortality from all sources in New Zealand in 2020

New Zealand has done such a competent job handling the covid 19 pandemic that they have shown an 11% reduction in deaths from all sources between march and september when compared to previous years,  presumably due to lower deaths from automobile accidents during their real lockdown and the usual deaths from seasonal flu and pneumonia etc due to social distancing and handwashing etc, as well of course to the very small number of covid deaths.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:31 AM, Steve said:

New Zealand has done such a competent job handling the covid 19 pandemic that they have shown an 11% reduction in deaths from all sources between march and september when compared to previous years,  presumably due to lower deaths from automobile accidents during their real lockdown and the usual deaths from seasonal flu and pneumonia etc due to social distancing and handwashing etc, as well of course to the very small number of covid deaths.

Locking down 4.7 million people on a isolated Island should be pretty simple.
The Greater Los Angeles area has 4 million people, freeways and roads everywhere going everywhere. Lockdown Impossible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

The Greater Los Angeles area has 4 million people, freeways and roads everywhere going everywhere. Lockdown Impossible difficult

FIFY

Melbourne has 5 million people, freeways and roads everywhere going everywhere. They managed a complete lockdown.

Just stop making excuses and admit that your CIC couldn't organise a root in a monkey brothel with a suitcase full of bananas and 49% of your compatriots can't follow simple orders half as well as a retarded puppy...

• Like 9

On 1/11/2021 at 7:31 AM, Steve said:

Cool on that basis we should lock down forever.  Stuff people going to work to harvest food and keep utilities running.  Oh and stuff educating our children.  Afterall SA is proof of how stupid education is!

39 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Cool on that basis we should lock down forever.  Stuff people going to work to harvest food and keep utilities running.  Oh and stuff educating our children.  Afterall SA is proof of how stupid education is!

Classic strawman. 

I didn't suggest any such thing. I merely pointed out that lockdowns are difficult, not impossible. I definitely didn't say that you should have locked down LA or even the whole of USA.

Should you have? I don't know. Could you have? Yes. Saying that you didn't because it is impossible is just lazy and obfuscatory. Man up and admit that you didn't because you are stupid fuckwits, or whatever the excuse of choice is, but don't play the impossible card

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Too late for most countries that didn't go early and do a proper lockdown, where i live its a lost cause. New Zealand on the other hand with the exception of the tourist industry people are going to work, schools are fully open, food is being harvested, sports are going on, if you watch the Americas cup racing there are hundreds, if not thousands of spectators watching live in close proximity of one another without masks, the type of freedom  we can only dream of. I will be surprised if we get back to that level this year.

• Like 3

On 1/20/2021 at 8:11 AM, Weyalan said:

FIFY

Melbourne has 5 million people, freeways and roads everywhere going everywhere. They managed a complete lockdown.

Just stop making excuses and admit that your CIC couldn't organise a root in a monkey brothel with a suitcase full of bananas and 49% of your compatriots can't follow simple orders half as well as a retarded puppy...

Where did Meatwad go? :)

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 8:51 AM, Kate short for Bob said:

Hmm. Lockdown? Are we still locked down? gosh I didn't know that. Spent a lovely day on Thursday playing petanque at the StK Bowls club. About 25 of us.

Everyone I know is back at work..Things are pretty normal around here.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 4:51 AM, Meat Wad said:

The Greater Los Angeles area has 4 million people, freeways and roads everywhere going everywhere. Lockdown Impossible.

It is simply a matter of compliance by the public. As the NZ prime minister put it the country is 'a team of 5 million'. The US is two teams of 175 million, with 'team moron' dressed in red. 

And as an example the state I live in (Queensland) has a population of 5.1 million (slightly larger than NZ's 4.9 million), is just over 2.5 times the size of Texas and also has freeways and roads going everywhere.  We have recorded 1/5th of the NZ death toll (6 deaths) and half the number of infections (1300). We locked the greater Brisbane Metro area (3.5 million people) down for 3 days last month because of 1, yes 1 case.

3 fines were issued for non compliance. 

But sadly you are right, it wouldn't have worked in the US because half the population worship a complete cunt who claimed wearing a face mask isn't manly. Even stranger is these same fuckwits think carrying a gun is. Go figure.

• Like 5

On 1/24/2021 at 6:32 PM, Shortforbob said:

Hmm. Lockdown? Are we still locked down? gosh I didn't know that. Spent a lovely day on Thursday playing petanque at the StK Bowls club. About 25 of us.

Everyone I know is back at work..Things are pretty normal around here.

Some posts don't age well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark Cloud said:

Some posts don't age well

No :)

• Like 2

On 2/13/2021 at 3:18 PM, LB 15 said:

It is simply a matter of compliance by the public. As the NZ prime minister put it the country is 'a team of 5 million'. The US is two teams of 175 million, with 'team moron' dressed in red. 

And as an example the state I live in (Queensland) has a population of 5.1 million (slightly larger than NZ's 4.9 million), is just over 2.5 times the size of Texas and also has freeways and roads going everywhere.  We have recorded 1/5th of the NZ death toll (6 deaths) and half the number of infections (1300). We locked the greater Brisbane Metro area (3.5 million people) down for 3 days last month because of 1, yes 1 case.

3 fines were issued for non compliance. 

But sadly you are right, it wouldn't have worked in the US because half the population worship a complete cunt who claimed wearing a face mask isn't manly. Even stranger is these same fuckwits think carrying a gun is. Go figure.

The Beta state is overrated.  Especially when social distancing at home.

On 1/19/2021 at 9:11 PM, Weyalan said:

FIFY

I think you antipodeans really have no idea what it would be like in Los Angeles or other big Global cities if an NZ style lockdown was enforced, the gangs in LA would give the NZ military a very good run for their money and would certainly have a larger count of foot soldiers.

I am not defending this culture and I am not a US citizen ,I am just pointing out you live in a very closeted corner of the World.

Forget your dislikes of Donnie or his gun toting sycophants and open your eyes !! 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Bazzer-racing said:

I think you antipodeans really have no idea what it would be like in Los Angeles or other big Global cities if an NZ style lockdown was enforced, the gangs in LA would give the NZ military a very good run for their money and would certainly have a larger count of foot soldiers.

I am not defending this culture and I am not a US citizen ,I am just pointing out you live in a very closeted corner of the World.

Forget your dislikes of Donnie or his gun toting sycophants and open your eyes !! 

My dislike of Donnie and his gun toting sycophants notwithstanding...

The crux of the problem is that Trump and his Elk have convinced a sizeable majority of Usa-ians that "society" means "look after no.1 and only no.1". There seems absolutely no concept of "for the greater good", nor even the remotest trust in the gubmint (even if its the clowns they elected). So yes, I take your point, but your point is essentially just re-iterating that which you quoted.

5 hours ago, Weyalan said:

My dislike of Donnie and his gun toting sycophants notwithstanding...

The crux of the problem is that Trump and his Elk have convinced a sizeable majority of Usa-ians that "society" means "look after no.1 and only no.1". There seems absolutely no concept of "for the greater good", nor even the remotest trust in the gubmint (even if its the clowns they elected). So yes, I take your point, but your point is essentially just re-iterating that which you quoted.

I think you will find they all believe in the greater good, just disagree on what that is. 

6 hours ago, Bazzer-racing said:

WTF? Big global Cities? 

One) Melbourne is NOT in New Zealand.

Two) Melbourne is one of the biggest cities in the world, bigger than Los Angeles sprawl

covering approx 10,000 sq Kms. Population 4.9 million.

Los Angeles is 1302 sqKms Population LA 3.9 million

Three) Some people talk out of their arses.

We locked down the whole city, away from the rest of the state and the country for months.

Don't excuse the USA's response simply because Americans and their leaders lacked the will to keep each other safe.

• Like 1

Correction, It's not as big as greater LA, still ranks abt 100 in worlds biggest cities.

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

WTF? Big global Cities? 

Two) Melbourne is one of the biggest cities in the world, bigger than Los Angeles sprawl

We locked down the whole city, away from the rest of the state and the country for months.

Don't excuse the USA's response simply because Americans and their leaders lacked the will to keep each other safe.

I have visited Melbourne it is nothing like Los Angeles not in any way shape or form, I am not excusing the USA just trying to make the point that there are huge differences between a nice city like Melbourne and a villainous place like Los Angeles.

Los Angeles by your admission has a lot higher population per sq Km  and they are complete bandits, like I say given a war between NZ and los Angeles my money is on the Los Angeles gangs.

Population density is a real factor with Covid.

Australia would fair a little better but not much !!

I think being on the other side of the World gives antipodeans a very insular shell.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

WTF? Big global Cities? 

I think you might do better with a username like Bellendbob

The pop density in Los Angeles is around 6 times higher than Melbourne, add all the other things into the melting pot and it is a wonder that Covid is not worse.

Anyhow don't underestimate the USA once they all start pulling in the same general direction they are formidable, too many cases to mention for someone like you.

• Downvote 1

On 2/16/2021 at 8:19 AM, Bazzer-racing said:

You are not defending the US simply bagging NZ. You want to see gangs? Wander around the wrong side of town in any NZ city and yell ‘the mongrel mob suck dick’. Bring some arse lube with you.

On 2/16/2021 at 11:34 PM, Bazzer-racing said:

I think you might do better with a username like Bellendbob

The pop density in Los Angeles is around 6 times higher than Melbourne, add all the other things into the melting pot and it is a wonder that Covid is not worse.

Anyhow don't underestimate the USA once they all start pulling in the same general direction they are formidable, too many cases to mention for someone like you.

Trump supporters pull together regularly. It is their mutual masterbating that has turned it into a 2nd world nation. Pity they couldn’t ‘pull’ together when facing this virus- the greatest crisis it has ever faced. The US’s handling of this has been the worst of any nation on earth. It’s over cupcake- thanks to the orange cunt and his army of morons the USA is fucked.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:51 AM, Kate short for Bob said:

Ditto.

1 hour ago, Kate short for Bob said:

1 hour ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Ditto.

Did you really just quote yourself and agree with yourself, with no added content?

YCMTSU, there just isn't a rolleye emoticon big enough... where's the Patrick Stewart facepalm gif?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

You are not defending the US simply bagging NZ. You want to see gangs? Wander around the wrong side of town in any NZ city and yell ‘the mongrel mob suck dick’. Bring some arse lube with you.

Don't forget the Wellington vampires!

2 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

2 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Ditto.

This is what passes for "Peer Review" in KsfB's world, obviously.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Ditto.

Sock Puppet 101 - Keep track of your login and don't agree with yourself...Muppet.

17 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Trump supporters pull together regularly. It is their mutual masterbating that has turned it into a 2nd world nation. Pity they couldn’t ‘pull’ together when facing this virus- the greatest crisis it has ever faced. The US’s handling of this has been the worst of any nation on earth. It’s over cupcake- thanks to the orange cunt and his army of morons the USA is fucked.

I seriously doubt that the USA is fucked, on the back foot for sure, lacking good leadership in recent times for sure, but as a Nation they will recover.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bazzer-racing said:

I seriously doubt that the USA is fucked, on the back foot for sure, lacking good leadership in recent times for sure, but as a Nation they will recover.

I don't see it so much of a leadership problem as a cultural development, the bad leader was elected by the people and he liked is job so he kept on doing the wrong thing because he thought it would please the electors.

41 minutes ago, Terry Hollis said:

I don't see it so much of a leadership problem as a cultural development, the bad leader was elected by the people and he liked is job so he kept on doing the wrong thing because he thought it would please the electors.

74 million agreed with him.  I imagine a few more since then.

5 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

74 million agreed with him.  I imagine a few more since then.

Obviously you for one. 

On 2/16/2021 at 2:53 PM, Shortforbob said:

WTF? Big global Cities? 

" Some people talk out of their arses.... We locked down the whole city, away from the rest of the state and the country for months

Don't excuse the USA's response simply because Americans and their leaders lacked the will to keep each other safe."

Question is WHY did that lockdown occur in Melbourne and WHO was responsible????

Hint. It WASN'T the people of Melbourne/Victoria.

World Ranking - Deaths per 100,000 people (all populations are over 4M)

88. Melbourne                     16  (4.9)

Countries

128. Australia.                    3.64  (27)

166 Aust NO Melbourne. 0.50. (22.1)

164. New Zealand.            0.51   (5)
165. Singapore.                  0.51.   (5.7)
166. China                           0.35.  (144)
167. Dem Rep of Congo    0.15.   (86.8)

168. Thailand.                     0.12   (69.8)
169. Papua New Guinea   0.10.    (6.8)
170. Taiwan                        0.04    (23.8)
171. Tanzania                     0.04.   (58.0)
172. Vietnam.                     0.04.   (96.5)
173. Burundi                       0.03    (11.6)
174. Eritrea.                         Nil.       (3.5)

John Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre 

Melbourne/Victoria made Australia world famous.

image.png.72ad4ac7d546db93273916f9ad504604.png

9 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Obviously you for one. 

I didn't actually but had a different perspective towards the end and more so since I've seen what Biden has done.

11m illegal immigrants to become citizens.

More now heading for the border.

Another war looks more likely.

American oil production cut to a third.

That last one is going to have a huge impact on those economies exposed to imported oil prices.  Australia for one.  Oil prices are surging towards 2018 highs and don't look like levelling.

Oh, so you are a climate change denialist as well as a covid denialist.... how cute.

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

" Some people talk out of their arses....

Yep.

Countries

168.5  Queensland            0.11    (5.1)
174. Eritrea.                         Nil.       (3.5)

Fixed that for you Jack.

21 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

" Some people talk out of their arses....

Yep.

Countries

168.5  Queensland            0.11    (5.1)
174. Eritrea.                         Nil.       (3.5)                                                                                                                                                                    175. Nth Territory              NIL       (0.2)

Fixed that for you Jack.

Mate you forgot one.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:11 PM, Weyalan said:

FIFY

Oh wow! How did all the people get food, water, power, health care, WiFi, there trash removed and they were still able to take a shite? If they were all totally locked down? 

36 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Mate you forgot one.

And good on them.

8 minutes ago, Status quo said:

Oh wow! How did all the people get food, water, power, health care, WiFi, there trash removed and they were still able to take a shite? If they were all totally locked down? 

You need to either use the purple font, or give yourself a swift kick in the nuts for being such a stupid cunt.

27 minutes ago, Status quo said:

Masks.

15 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Masks.

But are Europe not on lock down 3? They have been scrubbing there hands wearing mask's and standing away from each other for a year. It's clearly been totally effective! But of course spring coming might help them out. Shame the southern hemisphere is going towards autumn. At least you has a little time to plan how to spend your Inforced social lock down. But it might be an idea to ask your government to sort out some more capacity in the hospital before winter. It also might be nice to describe the way people die with some onisty. If you die in a road accident but have Covid it's not a Covid death, but if the certificate says Covid your life insurance will not pay out. Try not to be so scared of death that you forgot to live! 

20 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

Terry

I did not say that there was one bad recent leader/president in the USA, Obama was just as bad but in a different way, remember Obama failed/could not get North Korea to sit down and talk. We should not let this discussion drift into US politics but I know fund raising Democrats who are willing to credit Trump with success in certain areas, particularly dealing with the Chinese and immigration.

I would tend to agree with Kate for Bob that a war and rising Global oil prices (due to reduced US production) are every bit as likely with Biden as they were with Trump

I think the biggest problem for the USA with regard to Covid is that the response cannot be so well co ordinated due to the nature of the health care system

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

You need to either use the purple font, or give yourself a swift kick in the nuts for being such a stupid cunt.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Status quo said:

But are Europe not on lock down 3? They have been scrubbing there hands wearing mask's and standing away from each other for a year. It's clearly been totally effective! But of course spring coming might help them out. Shame the southern hemisphere is going towards autumn. At least you has a little time to plan how to spend your Inforced social lock down. But it might be an idea to ask your government to sort out some more capacity in the hospital before winter. It also might be nice to describe the way people die with some onisty. If you die in a road accident but have Covid it's not a Covid death, but if the certificate says Covid your life insurance will not pay out. Try not to be so scared of death that you forgot to live! 

Who is this stupid (illiterate)cunt?

• Like 1

You think that's a Lockdown?

This is a Lockdown Melbourne/Victorian style.

for 112 days

Only one person can leave the house once per day for essential shopping.

One hour exercise per day with one other person.

Stay within 5km of your home unless issued with an essential work permit.

8pm -6am curfew for everyone except essential workers.

wear masks at all times outside the home, including in permitted essential workplaces

Only 1 staff member per 100sq metres in indoor permitted workspaces. (the rest of us worked from home on reduced hours)

No visitors to the home allowed.

That's only half of it.

NO SHOPS, restaurants, clubs gyms cinemas OR OTHER VENUES OPEN except for food and medicine.

Funerals 20 mourners and celebrant.

Weddings? Bride, groom, celebrant and two witnesses. No guests.

No interstate or international travel.

Melbournians not allowed to leave greater Melbourne city environs.

for 112 days until we reached zero community transmissions for 14 days.

And that was in winter you dickhead.

I was alone in my home for 112 days. But we got it under control.

do you realise we have already been through one covid winter. You lot haven't even finished your first.

6 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

do you realise we have already been through one covid winter. You lot haven't even finished your first.

What sort of bitter hateful cunt wishes deaths on a city?

49 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

When was the last time it snowed in an Australian capital city of size?

You in a country with 30 deaths per million telling people experiencing 30 to 50 TIMES that is about as insensitive as it fucking gets.

33 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

You think that's a Lockdown?

This is a Lockdown Melbourne/Victorian style.

for 112 days

Only one person can leave the house once per day for essential shopping.

One hour exercise per day with one other person.

Stay within 5km of your home unless issued with an essential work permit.

8pm -6am curfew for everyone except essential workers.

wear masks at all times outside the home, including in permitted essential workplaces

Only 1 staff member per 100sq metres in indoor permitted workspaces. (the rest of us worked from home on reduced hours)

No visitors to the home allowed.

That's only half of it.

NO SHOPS, restaurants, clubs gyms cinemas OR OTHER VENUES OPEN except for food and medicine.

Funerals 20 mourners and celebrant.

Weddings? Bride, groom, celebrant and two witnesses. No guests.

No interstate or international travel.

Melbournians not allowed to leave greater Melbourne city environs.

for 112 days until we reached zero community transmissions for 14 days.

And that was in winter you dickhead.

I was alone in my home for 112 days. But we got it under control.

No sorry all you have done is reduce the swelling its still there with you and will re appear as you move out of summer. wile your lockdown was more restrictive than some places its still only a social lockdown and for your power, water , food , Health care to function required people to go to work. I feel very sorry you were alone for 112 days the psychological effects must be horrendous for you and all that were in the same boat. The bit that's missed is that at some point we will need to face this and make our own choices and that might mean staying at home. But the reality is that we will need a three part approach to the problem 1. Vaccine   2. Hurd immunity 3. The weak die. Now the politician's cant say the third.  Or we yo yo in and out of social restrictions leaving us with much bigger problems.   

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

You in a country with 30 deaths per million telling people experiencing 30 to 50 TIMES that is about as insensitive as it fucking gets.

Hoppy? Insensitive?

He's a wannabe small business man. It's in his DNA.

5 hours ago, Status quo said:

4 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

4 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

What sort of bitter hateful cunt wishes deaths on a city?

You two are fucking idiots

7 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

You two are fucking idiots

I wasn't talking about you:rolleyes:

Amazing news! Tiny island at the end of the earth is able to shut its borders and prevent covid. Lesson is directly applicable to the United States.  Yawn...

Except that while you were smugly closed off, the real world created vaccines to stop this. Which the smug New Zealanders will benefit from, though why I don’t know. For one, the rest of the world only cares about your country for the scenery, and as far as I can tell, it’ll look just as nice on Instagram without any smug New Zealanders left.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

Amazing news! Tiny island at the end of the earth is able to shut its borders and prevent covid. Lesson is directly applicable to the United States.  Yawn...

Except that while you were smugly closed off, the real world created vaccines to stop this. Which the smug New Zealanders will benefit from, though why I don’t know. For one, the rest of the world only cares about your country for the scenery, and as far as I can tell, it’ll look just as nice on Instagram without any smug New Zealanders left.

I have to agree with you 100% but getting that point to be understood around here is pretty difficult.

I am not sure that the trait of smugness is quite right for describing NZ's population, my experience from dealing with some of them over the years and reading comments on SA is that an inferiority complex is probably more accurate.

This complex is then masked by stating the blinking obvious when talking about an issue like Covid. The formula for holding Covid back is not tricky to understand, just keep everyone inside and isolate from the World.

NZ is a great case in point for this. However doing this in a city made up of just about every waif and stray on the planet and with a GDP over three times that  of NZ and a population twice that of NZ and all sat in a circle of less than 40 miles in diameter is nigh on impossible. (this describes London by the way)

The real problem comes when you stick your head over the parapet, the Covid will just come at you like a sunami, be warned or remain in splendid isolation for eternity.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

And what if there had never been a vaccine?  Was New Zealand going to isolate forever?  That worked for the Native Americans for about 10,000 years, and then the Spanish showed up and almost all of them died of disease.

27 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

And what if there had never been a vaccine?  Was New Zealand going to isolate forever?  That worked for the Native Americans for about 10,000 years, and then the Spanish showed up and almost all of them died of disease.

Exactly, I really worry that by isolating themselves they may end up like the Indian tribes and other similar occurances.

• Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Bazzer-racing said:
46 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Exactly, I really worry that by isolating themselves they may end up like the Indian tribes and other similar occurances.

If you covidiots stop to think about what a "vaccine" is... controlled, limited, exposure to increase the human body's immune system ability to cope... then you'd realize that isolating is a fine way to cope. The problem is not that "isolation is bad" or "lockdowns don't work" or some other jingoist bullshit. The problem is to calibrate the exposure.

Of course, if you stopped to think, and then used actual facts for your thinking, you wouldn't be morons.

- DSK

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

If you covidiots stop to think about what a "vaccine" is... controlled, limited, exposure to increase the human body's immune system ability to cope... then you'd realize that isolating is a fine way to cope. The problem is not that "isolation is bad" or "lockdowns don't work" or some other jingoist bullshit. The problem is to calibrate the exposure.

Of course, if you stopped to think, and then used actual facts for your thinking, you wouldn't be morons.

- DSK

I can promise you I am not a moron.

I understand well what a vaccine is.

How would you suggest that we calibrate the exposure? Because indefinite lockdown is not the way, unless you live in NZ which you don't.

• Downvote 2

On 2/19/2021 at 7:05 PM, Bazzer-racing said:

but I know fund raising Democrats who are willing to credit Trump with success in certain areas, particularly dealing with the Chinese and immigration.

I once met a trump supporter who thought Obama wasn’t such a bad guy despite being a darkie. It can happen. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 8:21 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Yes but as you have continued to warn us in the other thread, we in Australia are only days away from a catastrophic outbreak and massive death toll due to the complete failings of our government.

You have been telling us this in 20 posts a day for over 9 months. And let’s not forget the 2 UK variants - the one in the UK thread that is highly contagious as you have screamed at anyone who says otherwise and the strain we have in Australia that has disappointed you continually by not spreading wildly from Q hotels. 

Your latest findings - that the virus is spread by snow- should provide much entertainment. Anyway it is interesting  to see you outside of your two echo chamber threads. When I said you need to get out more that not exactly what I meant. 

1 hour ago, Bazzer-racing said:

I can promise you I am not a moron.

But promises can be broken. Take your claim that lockdowns don’t work as an example. 

On 2/19/2021 at 7:05 PM, Bazzer-racing said:

I would tend to agree with Kate for Bob 

I thought you just said you weren’t a moron? 

You ‘mericans should have learnt your lesson about handling this pandemic from the last 5 or 6 America’s cups. You Americans can only succeed if you have an Australian steering the ship. 

21 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

Better to be smug than fat, drunk and stupid. It really is no way to go through life, cupcake.

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I thought you just said you weren’t a moron? 

You ‘mericans should have learnt your lesson about handling this pandemic from the last 5 or 6 America’s cups. You Americans can only succeed if you have an Australian steering the ship. 

You are the moron around here, I did not say that lockdowns do not work, they do as a holding measure until something else can be figured out (vaccine maybe) I observe lockdown requirements where I live. However lockdowns are not a solution to the problem in the long term.

Now for the real reason you are a grade A1 plonker, I am not American !! I am English through and through what a complete and utter prick you are.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Bazzer-racing said:

You are the moron around here, I did not say that lockdowns do not work, they do as a holding measure until something else can be figured out (vaccine maybe) I observe lockdown requirements where I live. However lockdowns are not a solution to the problem in the long term.

Now for the real reason you are a grade A1 plonker, I am not American !! I am English through and through what a complete and utter prick you are.

English through and through?

So your expectations in life are overrun medical facilities and poor leadership.

And bad teeth.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So your expectations in life are overrun medical facilities and poor leadership.

And bad teeth.

Image result for britas empire

Some people don't seem to realise this was satire :D

2 hours ago, Bazzer-racing said:

My apologies- it is just that you come across as a arrogant, covid denying trump supporting cickhead. But in my defence, it is hard to tell one from an arrogant, covid denying Boris supporting cockhead. 

So lockdowns don’t work ‘in the long run’. Exactly how long do pandemics normally last? They are only designed to work until the vaccine is rolled out. You do have news services in the UK don’t you? 

41 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

And bad teeth.

Cut him some slack mate- he probably had a bad experience at Eton. Getting banged by ones ‘Tutor’ was quite the right of passage apparently. 

2 hours ago, Bazzer-racing said:

Of course lockdowns are a solution in the long term.

If there had been no vaccine, what does a country do to slow the spread until hospitals and other resources can be expanded and effective treatments can be developed to limit the devastation or seriousness of this illness.

They lockdown to slow the spread until they can manage it.

People have been doing this for thousands of years.

Apparently, some countries today are not even as disciplined or competent as their 11centuary ancestors.

New York suffered huge losses in the early stages. Not particularly  because of incompetence, but because they simply were NOT PREPARED and were overwhelmed by a wave.

The UK timeline is most illuminating and a picture of political waffling at the expense of thousands and thousands of lives.

Unlike the USA, your gov don't even have the excuse of "States rights"

Timeline of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United Kingdom may refer to:

3 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Cut him some slack mate- he probably had a bad experience at Eton. Getting banged by ones ‘Tutor’ was quite the right of passage apparently. 

You said "right of passage"..........

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LB 15 said:
3 hours ago, Bazzer-racing said:

My apologies- it is just that you come across as a arrogant, covid denying trump supporting cickhead. But in my defence, it is hard to tell one from an arrogant, covid denying Boris supporting cockhead. 

So lockdowns don’t work ‘in the long run’. Exactly how long do pandemics normally last? They are only designed to work until the vaccine is rolled out. You do have news services in the UK don’t you? 

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

And bad teeth.

Did he he say he lives in the UK? :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Why would someone "English through and through" live anywhere else?

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

He reminds me of "Tim, nice but dim."

image.png.d444c21671aab1942b5d65a34439fd3d.png

4 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Why would someone "English through and through" live anywhere else?

As I have said before- anywhere you go in the world you will find some gin soaked pommy expat, leaning on a bar and telling anyone who will listen how they know more about the place than the locals do and how great Britton once was. For an example look no further than our own Professor Sparrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

As I have said before- anywhere you go in the world you will find some gin soaked pommy expat, leaning on a bar and telling anyone who will listen how they know more about the place than the locals do and how great Britton once was. For an example look no further than our own Professor Sparrow. 

I think that goes for most "trapped" expats of a certain age. They could hold their own Olymics and bore for their country and somehow always manage to leave you with their dinner and bar tab. But I get what you mean the 

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:
6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Why would someone "English through and through" live anywhere else

Meli why would someone "Australian through and through' say they DON'T live in the UK, never have and are NOT IN the UK now. 

YET YOU say they ARE and YOU even say they are probably in Redding I recall.

Can you tell me my telephone number too??

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Let the record show that LB15 and I finally agree on something! 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 4:31 AM, Steve said:

UK Excess Deaths (measured against a 5 to 10 year mean) outcome along those lines you point out.

Winter deaths usually flu, however covid winter 2nd wave non covid deaths went negative with the introduction of non pharma interventions directed at a respiratory disease.

Summer excess deaths negative. Out and about type deaths down??

Spring 1st Wave health care got smashed so non-covid deaths went positive as they were denied care or it was inadequate.

Doesn't change actual certified covid deaths. Half of UK total deaths occurred in the 2 months post 8 December when their vaccine rollout started. New cases peaked on 8 January coincidently..  

image.thumb.png.e2f0ecf4596c34d954d2230cf4085b75.png