Sign in to follow this  
Sail4beer

2 DC police officers suspended for role in riot

And another dozen or so under investigation.

I wondered why some officers were pulling back the barricades and standing away from the path to the Capital steps. This will be a shocking wake up call that the DC police can be complicit in any way. CNN is talking about radicalized members of law enforcement who are in a position of trust. One taking selfie’s and another wearing a MAGA cap and giving a tour.

I was shocked at the open arms of some police BUT it seems like on the other extreme anyone who was in the area is now guilty of something 

Not to be pedantic or academic but the are Capitol Police not DC (District of Columbia) Police.  Things are going to get even crazier between now an Inauguration Day.  Accuracy is critical.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, tommays said:

I was shocked at the open arms of some police BUT it seems like on the other extreme anyone who was in the area is now guilty of something 

Remember those Minneapolis police at the Trump rallies pre pandemic?   The same dept that murder George Floyd?  Let’s face many, many cops are bullies and/or assholes, and bullies and assholes gravitate to Trump.

Not surprised by this.

1 hour ago, tommays said:

What are these guys guilty of?

Except excessive restraint.

image.png.0574b68e526c9e9d7cdfb9434e00b782.png

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I am pretty surprised a lot more people were not shot because they seemed pretty intent on causing harm  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tommays said:
42 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I am pretty surprised a lot more people were not shot because they seemed pretty intent on causing harm  

The guy on the left is very ready.

37 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

The guy on the left is very ready.

yeah, thats what I saw.

I watched much of the hour plus video, and think America got off with a kiss Wednesday. That mob was out for blood, and the cops very easily could have started shooting. I've no idea how many weapons were in the crowd, but DC was a couple itchy trigger fingers away from a bloodbath.

Given the chants, the body armor, flexicuffs, nooses the military aspect of many of those who advanced, I don't know if they had enough weapons and bullets to keep Congress safe at 1:15

That one cop who led the proTrump criminals away from the opening to the Senate Chambers probably saved their lives. I wonder if they've recognized that by now.

2 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

yeah, thats what I saw.

I watched much of the hour plus video, and think America got off with a kiss Wednesday. That mob was out for blood, and the cops very easily could have started shooting. I've no idea how many weapons were in the crowd, but DC was a couple itchy trigger fingers away from a bloodbath.

Given the chants, the body armor, flexicuffs, nooses the military aspect of many of those who advanced, I don't know if they had enough weapons and bullets to keep Congress safe at 1:15

That one cop who led the proTrump criminals away from the opening to the Senate Chambers probably saved their lives. I wonder if they've recognized that by now.

It's been on the news at least 4 times in the last day and half, with increasing recognition of it as literally a turning point.... one commentator zoomed in on the officer giving the Trumpalo following him a push to get him pissed off enough to follow past the open door.

Genius. Bravery. That guy is a hero.

- DSK

8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

It's been on the news at least 4 times in the last day and half, with increasing recognition of it as literally a turning point.... one commentator zoomed in on the officer giving the Trumpalo following him a push to get him pissed off enough to follow past the open door.

- DSK

Saw that on CNN tonight. MSNBC was showing the LEO being pulled down the stairs and beaten. Hannity on FOX was talking about some laptop that he swears has something on it.

1 minute ago, Gangbusters said:

Saw that on CNN tonight. MSNBC was showing the LEO being pulled down the stairs and beaten. Hannity on FOX was talking about some laptop that he swears has something on it.

Likely large amounts of his DNA.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

if that was his thinking, then yes.

2 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Not to be pedantic or academic but the are Capitol Police not DC (District of Columbia) Police.  Things are going to get even crazier between now an Inauguration Day.  Accuracy is critical.

Yes. I meant Capital police, not Metro police. My bad

3 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:
2 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Yes. I meant Capital police, not Metro police. My bad

Psst.  It's Capitol, not Capital.

Capitol is the building.

Capital is the seat of the government.

1 minute ago, jerseyguy said:

Capitol is the building.

Kapital is communist.

21 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Kapital is communist.

Likely Trump convo with Putin “Da Kapital is Kaput!”

27 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Capitol is the building.

The police are assigned to the building.  They are not assigned to the area defined as the Capital (the rest of DC).

29 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

and what rules over us . . 

And most of y'all need some additional edumacation . .  

USAean military, police and security forces have been infiltrated by the Reich . . 

Did you not get the memo ?? Why do you act surprised ?? 

@Grog  can tell you all about it. It afflicts Germany as well. 

The question is, what shall be done about it  ?? 

https://theintercept.com/2020/09/29/police-white-supremacist-infiltration-fbi/

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Capital punishment may be a penalty for killing a member of the Capitol Police.

English spelling is bizarre. I try to ignore transgressions of it's silly rules when I notice them and hope for to be forgiven for my trespasses against them. I appreciate the good work of Snags on this.

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

USAean military, police and security forces have been infiltrated by the Reich . . 

I figure 10-15% would be on the low end

19 minutes ago, weightless said:

English spelling is bizarre.

Oh Yeah ? Try to explain the four cases in German, or those 500 irregular French verbs !! 

But whilst you do that, try to focus on the infiltration of LE by the Reich. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/28/fbi-far-right-white-supremacists-police

The FBI warned for years that police are cozy with the far right. Is no one  listening? | The far right | The Guardian

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Spellcheck corrected capt it’ll .

I spelled Capitol and that’s what I got this time!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Spellcheck corrected capt it’ll .

I spelled Capitol and that’s what I got this time!

I was cool with your post.  Hardly the biggest fuck up from the past week!

2 hours ago, weightless said:

Capital punishment may be a penalty for killing a member of the Capitol Police.

English spelling is bizarre. I try to ignore transgressions of it's silly rules when I notice them and hope for to be forgiven for my trespasses against them. I appreciate the good work of Snags on this.

Never.

image.png.dd1cd7f8801e091b2b97f516b850f868.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

I am certainly no "scientific authority" on that, but yeah, depending on which newspapers (and history books) you read, the right wing nutters are living and working in just about part of society. This includes armed forces, police, judges, lawyers, you get the picture.

This also true for most other nations in the world, from recent news including Russia, the USA, Australia, Italy, the UK, Belarus, China and the list goes on.

I think the critical point - and this is where "just being there" becomes infiltration - is when these people use and abuse their position to push their very own, private beliefs into action and before their duty or job description.

This is somewhat difficult to handle. Easy when they have overstepped but much harder to prevent them from overstepping.

18 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Guy on the left isn't wearing his mask properly?

Perhaps this reduces uncertainty over whether different races/ethnicities are treated differently by some members of the police. 

14 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Try to explain the four cases in German

The cases aren't that bad. They implicity exist in english as well.

Peter gave Jim's ball to Tim.

Who acted?

What was acted upon?

Whose ball was it?

Whom was it given to?

Same cases as in german.

Learning the grammatical gender of every noun on the other hand must be a nightmare.

2 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Perhaps this reduces uncertainty over whether different races/ethnicities are treated differently by some members of the police. 

Black - can be shot for any reason really, but for sure even looking sideways at a cop.

White - can actually murder police officers, no big deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Black - can be shot for any reason really, but for sure even looking sideways at a cop.

White - can actually murder police officers, no big deal.

Disabled - can be zip tied to wheelchair for getting too close to Capitol steps, then loaded roughly into van 

Just now, mathystuff said:

The cases aren't that bad. They implicity exist in english as well.

Peter gave Jim's ball to Tim.

Who acted?

What was acted upon?

Whose ball was it?

Whom was it given to?

Same cases as in german.

Learning the grammatical gender of every noun on the other hand must be a nightmare.

German and English are he/she/it, French and I think Spanish/Portuguese/Italian are he and she.

English is pretty easy, living things can be he or she and boats aside, inanimate objects usually not. How is German?

1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

How is German? 

It's quite easy.

Obviously the Bismarck is a ship, so she's female: die Bismarck. Unless you are talking about the ship Bismarck of course because that would be das Schiff Bismarck. The namesake is obviously der Bismarck.

Inanimate objects can be all genders and there really is no system to it. You learn it by heart in childhood or you'll never get it right unless you are some kind of savant.

Forks are female. Knives are neutral. Spoons are male.

As nature intended. :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Authoritarian structures like the military and police atract authoritarian people. No shit, Sherlock.

We have the same problem here. A home secretary that blocked an investigation into racism in the police force and only gave in when multiple chat groups of officers sharing nazi memes surfaced was quite infuriating.

The unresolved traumata suffered in service and driving people crazy don't help either.