Sign in to follow this  
Baldur

Best Foulies on the PLANET!

well, they better be, WTF! A grand for just the jacket!! Has it been that long since I bought foulies that this stopped my heart?

https://www.amazon.com/Helly-Hansen-Waterproof-Breathable-Offshore/dp/B07N13J5L7/ref=sr_1_17_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=foul+weather+gear&qid=1610549688&sr=8-17-spons&psc=1&smid=A7ULJO7NAWM0L&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzU0dWQk40VFc5VEE5JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTgxNzEzMk8zNVFDQ1IxOTdTVCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzYxMjU4MUVOQUVXWEJEMUNJMCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

grandhelly.JPG

The price is actually reduced, it does not sell well, I find it too long, like a coat. Useful if you are standing behind the wheel long hours, or watching kids soccer game in pouring rain. I bought the Ægir Racing, normal waist lenght. It will hopefully last me several years, so the price/year should be OK. I sail and race in chilly Scandinavian waters, and se no fun in being cold and miserable.

I've got the bibs luckily not a retail price and must say they are the best pair I have ever used.  I'm actually going to sell me HPX as they are that good.  There are a ton of well though out features I haven't seen except in Guy Cotten sailing gear such as rubber knees and butt.  They are definitely warmer than something like LPX or MPX but they are bullet proof.  I also second the comment about the race jacket over the one you have shown, with great bibs you don't been all that overlap.

On 1/15/2021 at 8:13 PM, sailthebay26 said:

I've got the bibs luckily not a retail price and must say they are the best pair I have ever used

Good to know, I need to replace my old HL ones...

On 1/15/2021 at 2:13 PM, sailthebay26 said:

I've got the bibs luckily not a retail price and must say they are the best pair I have ever used.  I'm actually going to sell me HPX as they are that good.  There are a ton of well though out features I haven't seen except in Guy Cotten sailing gear such as rubber knees and butt.  They are definitely warmer than something like LPX or MPX but they are bullet proof.  I also second the comment about the race jacket over the one you have shown, with great bibs you don't been all that overlap.

Wait, seriously??

20 hours ago, jackolantern said:

Wait, seriously??

Yes, for cold climates, super wet boats and hard wearing they can't be beat.  I use them double handing 30 footers, class 40s and super wet sport boats.  Add a dry top and the only water inside is your sweat.  Things like built in knee pads, a mesh pocket and standard pock on the legs work great.  If you are interested in a pair of size xl HPX bibs used maybe 5 times let me know.  I originally for the aegir to replace my MPX but the cover the spectrum for me