hobie1616

Fire Extinguisher Guy Arrested

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A retired firefighter who is suspected of throwing a fire extinguisher at police during last week's mob attack on the U.S. Capitol has been arrested, a U.S. Justice Department spokeswoman confirmed on Thursday.

Robert Sanford, 55, of Chester, Pennsylvania, will appear in a virtual hearing in federal court in Allentown, Pennsylvania on Thursday to face charges of unlawful entry, civil disorder and assaulting, resisting or impeding police.

According to court documents, Sanford was captured on video hurling what appears to be a fire extinguisher at police.

"The object appears to strike one officer, who was wearing a helmet, in the head. The object then ricochets and strikes another officer, who was not wearing a helmet, in the head. The object then ricochets a third time and strikes a third officer, wearing a helmet, in the head," the documents say.

The Justice Department has brought more than 70 criminal cases so far since supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, trying to prevent Congress from certifying Joe Biden as the winner of the U.S. presidential election.

Many of the people arrested so far were captured on social media bragging about taking part in the assault, and the FBI has been combing through more than 100,000 videos and photographs.

After the violence was quelled, most of the rioters were allowed to leave the Capitol, meaning law enforcement has had to track them down in the days since.

One such person was Hunter Ehmke, charged by the Justice Department on Thursday with damaging government property, obstructing an official proceeding and violent entry.

According to court documents, a Capitol Police officer witnessed Ehmke smash a window at the Capitol and rushed at him with his shield to try to stop him.

The officer "lost grip of the shield and fell" into shards of glass, the documents say. Police managed to detain Ehmke but the crowd started to become aggressive and threatened police not to take Ehmke away.

"Due to the growing aggression of the large crowd that far outnumbered the officers and the exigent circumstances at the time, officers made the decision to allow Ehmke depart under his own power," according to the government's statement of facts.

Ehmke was due to be in court in the Central District of California at 1 p.m. PST.

The deadly violence last week led to the impeachment of Trump on Wednesday by the House of Representatives on a charge of inciting an insurrection.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

and the Affidavit at the link within the link: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/delcotimes.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/c4/6c42143a-568d-11eb-ad2b-8f2dc318ce17/60007e7fa3717.pdf.pdf

I sense a superseding indictment on the way at some point....

Edit: Oh boy, you can see what is coming...

The group had gone to the White House and listened to President Donald J. Trump’s speech and then had followed the President’s instructions and gone to the Capitol.

If he never went in the building, where did the fire extinguisher come from? The more folks they arrest, the more likely some of them start connecting some dots to try and save their sorry asses. It seems a lot of these folks thought that they were not at legal risk for what they were doing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LenP said:

If he never went in the building, where did the fire extinguisher come from? The more folks they arrest, the more likely some of them start connecting some dots to try and save their sorry asses. It seems a lot of these folks thought that they were not at legal risk for what they were doing. 

I'm sure there are no video cameras inside the Capitol.  He's prolly fine. 

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I'm sure there are no video cameras inside the Capitol.  He's prolly fine. 

That is what continues to amaze me about this. A great many of them were publicly posting the evidence now being used to arrest them. They were either not thinking at all, or truly believed that they were authorized by the president to attack the capitol and would see no consequences for it even when murdering police. We really need to remember this time in our history, that we never forget just how much damage one person can do in four short years. The consequences here have to be severe, and the investigations have to be thorough, lest anyone walk away feeling more emboldened by getting away with it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LenP said:

Are you kidding? Trump supporters that think? Hahahaha!

Besides, they were only following Trumps orders. They expected to get medals. Now they'll be begging for pardons.

8 minutes ago, LenP said:

That is what continues to amaze me about this. A great many of them were publicly posting the evidence now being used to arrest them. They were either not thinking at all, or truly believed that they were authorized by the president to attack the capitol and would see no consequences for it even when murdering police. We really need to remember this time in our history, that we never forget just how much damage one person can do in four short years. The consequences here have to be severe, and the investigations have to be thorough, lest anyone walk away feeling more emboldened by getting away with it. 

This, absolutely this.

A man who carried a Confederate flag into the Capitol has been arrested.

Kevin Seefried has been identified as having carried a Confederate flag into the Capitol during the siege last week.

A man who was photographed holding a Confederate battle flaginside the U.S. Capitol last week during the riot was arrested Thursday in Delaware, two law enforcement officials said. The man, Kevin Seefried, was wanted by the F.B.I., which had sought help from the public to identify him and had widely circulated a dispatch plastered with images of him.

In a bulletin, the agency said that it was looking for assistance to identify individuals “who made unlawful entry” into the Capitol, including the man with the Confederate flag, now identified by The New York Times as Mr. Seefried.

The F.B.I. had received more than 126,000 photographic and video tips as of earlier this week, as agents also scrubbed airline passenger manifests and video of air travelers to and from Washington to find potential suspects. The top federal prosecutor in Washington said this week that he expected the number of people charged with crimes tied to the Capitol riot to rise into the hundreds.

On Wednesday, federal agents made more arrests in New York, Maryland, Texas and Florida, among them a firefighter from the town of Sanford, near Orlando.

10 minutes ago, LenP said:

8 months of "it will be a fraudulent election" and "they will cheat" and then morphs into "it was stolen from you" and "your America will be gone if you don't fight"

Makes people crazy.

"How could we have lost...look at the boat parades" and "he never left his basement" and on and on.

There was better than a 50% chance, in their minds, that they would be heroes in the future.

REAL patriots that saved the nation.

3 minutes ago, Remodel said:

This, absolutely this.

That is what I want to see more than anything else at this point. What made them so confident that they were not all going to be sitting in jail the rest of their lives? What made them so confident they would not be arrested that they actually took selfies while they were violating multiple federal laws and participating in a coup attempt which resulted in the death of police. Smiling in selfies while cops were being murdered. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LenP said:

That is what continues to amaze me about this. A great many of them were publicly posting the evidence now being used to arrest them. They were either not thinking at all, or truly believed that they were authorized by the president to attack the capitol and would see no consequences for it even when murdering police. 

Or maybe the Trump dicklickers really are as dumb as advertised. I was talking to one the other night about the election results. I was using terms like down ballot and the three branches of government and he had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I said that this election seemed like all others I'd experienced in my life and that I went to bed thinking that Biden had it since Trump's "leads" weren't big enough. It just took a few days longer because of covid to count the votes. He didn't argue since he doesn't even know what the fuck he is talking about. I told him he may want to figure out if the bullshit he is spewing is actually true or not before spewing it. These fucks are just dumb and proud of it. The word deplorable is just not enough. Fuck them all.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

and the Affidavit at the link within the link: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/delcotimes.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/c4/6c42143a-568d-11eb-ad2b-8f2dc318ce17/60007e7fa3717.pdf.pdf

I sense a superseding indictment on the way at some point....

Edit: Oh boy, you can see what is coming...

From the affidavit, the extinguisher toss is at 1:39

ETA...

Too bad the cops didn't have body cams on. I imagine there would have been a lot more arrests by now if they did.

9 minutes ago, LenP said:

What made them so confident they would not be arrested 

The words of Donald J Trump

2 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

The group had gone to the White House and listened to President Donald J. Trump’s speech and then had followed the President’s instructions and gone to the Capitol.

3 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

It looks like some people don't think he's a world-class liar. Possibly because they are world-class stupid.

Yes, I suppose I should take my own advice and remember that this is a cult and not rational people we are talking about. People in a cult will do anything the cult calls for, including killing innocents or even themselves. Trying to find rational explanations can just make us crazy. It is not rational.  

• Like 2

In watching the posted video it’s unlikely the police could have held them back without massive gunfire which nobody was quite prepared to due at the time  BUT much more likely now that the violence level is more clear 

5 minutes ago, tommays said:

In watching the posted video it’s unlikely the police could have held them back without massive gunfire which nobody was quite prepared to due at the time  BUT much more likely now that the violence level is more clear 

I really hope that scenario isn't played out in front of the worlds press.

I am hopeful with the huge guard deployment it will be delayed in the short term BUT there our so many crazy people now intent on violence there will be more domestic terror issues 

Another OKC or thereabouts might be in the making.  Maybe more with these wack jobs.  Go the FBI!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LenP said:

Not wearing gloves, so there should be fingerprints on the extinguisher

2 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Another OKC or thereabouts might be in the making.  Maybe more with these wack jobs.  Go the FBI!!!!

It may be that big public demonstrations... with a tremendous security presence... may be the best way to let them get it out of their system; otherwise another OKC bombing is inevitable

Risk: some military or police units may join the insurrectionists (terrorists)

Near-Certainty: some police or guardsmen will be killed

And a point I'd like to make: this is not the result of 4 years of Trump. It's not even the result of 10 years of McConnell and the obstruct/deny GOP. Those things were/are obviously bad. But where we are now, with this no-good-option on Trumpalos rebelling in armed mobs, is the result of 30+ years of hate speech and incitement by the right-wing media.

In the early 90s a co-worker said to me, pretty much out of the blue: "Those goddam Clintons ought to be dragged out of the White House and beaten with baseball bats." Every Democratic Party Speaker or Senate leader since my childhood has been subject to the same irrational, vitriolic hate-spew, as Mme Pelosi is now.

Hatred and incitement to murder and insurrection has been the standard. Trump succeeded as a GOP candidate because he spewed the most hateful nonsense. In the words of Jeb Bush, he insulted his way to the Presidency.

They've created this monster and it's not going away easily or soon. It's tempting to say "Ha ha, I told you so" when they flee in fear of their lives from Trump's mob, or when they whine that they vote in Trump's favor because they fear for their families safety. But it's a national issue and a critical one.

- DSK

• Like 3

Reagan, Limbaugh and 600 am radio stations all across the south and mid-west for fifty years results in a cop murdered in the U.S. Capitol at the behest of the *resident.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Remodel said:

This, absolutely this.

They lived with alternative facts.

3 hours ago, LenP said:

What made them so confident that they were not all going to be sitting in jail the rest of their lives? What made them so confident they would not be arrested that they actually took selfies while they were violating multiple federal laws and participating in a coup attempt which resulted in the death of police. Smiling in selfies while cops were being murdered. 

Ummm... I'm just spitballing here but... stupidity?

I'd be surprised if there was a single 3 digit IQ in that entire crowd.

That ex-firefighter should be charged with attempted murder.

Throwing a fire extinguisher at someones head? What other intent could there be?

• Like 1

Just now, SloopJonB said:

Arithmetic skills probably limited to their fingers and toes.

11 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That ex-firefighter should be charged with attempted murder.

Throwing a fire extinguisher at someones head? What other intent could there be?

It wasn't attempted, it was murder. Of a cop. I hear they get special treatment in the courts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LenP said:

Like the former Olympic swimmer who showed up in his Olympic jacket (and was 6'6"). At least if they wore a COVID mask or full face shield it would have been harder for the cops/FBI. Or these guys are just incredibly dumb which is certainly a possibility. I like you will see a lot of plea bargains that include statements about the President encouraging them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Some of them are going to wonder about Bone Spur's promise to go there with him....right about the time the DA starts turning those screws.   

25 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Some of them are going to wonder about Bone Spur's promise to go there with him....right about the time the DA starts turning those screws.   

The crazy neighbor a few doors down is a Vietnam vet.  The guy is seriously traumatized and suffering.  Has shared how fucked up his experience was and has railed against demons (real and imagined) for the 21 years we've lived here.  When he is compliant with his meds, he can carry on a conversation. 

He loves President Trump.  A new neighbor heard a rant about Vietnam and asked him how he felt about being subjected to that horror, while President Trump stayed stateside and fought his own "personal Vietnam" against VD.  The vet stopped, smiled, and told us he admires the President for being "smart enough" not to go.

These people will overlook everything President Trump does.  Pretty sure the President could rape their wives and they'd ask if he'd like a crack at their daughters.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The crazy neighbor a few doors down is a Vietnam vet.  The guy is seriously traumatized and suffering.  Has shared how fucked up his experience was and has railed against demons (real and imagined) for the 21 years we've lived here.  When he is compliant with his meds, he can carry on a conversation. 

He loves President Trump.  A new neighbor heard a rant about Vietnam and asked him how he felt about being subjected to that horror, while President Trump stayed stateside and fought his own "personal Vietnam" against VD.  The vet stopped, smiled, and told us he admires the President for being "smart enough" not to go.

These people will overlook everything President Trump does.  Pretty sure the President could rape their wives and they'd ask if he'd like a crack at their daughters.

This is a bit different. Trump did not ask anyone to march on Nam before he skedaddled. 

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

This is a bit different. Trump did not ask anyone to march on Nam before he skedaddled. 

Trump has pre-skedaddled on a lot of shit. I'd like to think that if he tried draft-dodging into Canada, we'd turn him back as unsuitable.

8 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Reagan, Limbaugh and 600 am radio stations all across the south and mid-west for fifty years results in a cop murdered in the U.S. Capitol at the behest of the *resident.  

I think it tales a bit of seasoning to be in the place where I am.  As a 20 something kid, well, maybe it is overblown.  22 yo College kid was home over the weekend.  When he came home sat, he said it was no big deal, just a bunch of rednecks...... Until he sat down and actually watched the news with us did the lightbulb go off...... History Minor with a serious interest in WWII......   So yea, he saw the parallels, but he did not get the media we do in his bubble,  so he was literally ignorant as to how bad it was.  That is our problem, everyone is in their own fucking bubble and Covid has only increased the isolation from any other forms media or means to get ideas, or for someone to call you stupid.  Luckily, the people that can utilize electronics intelligently and not just keep your phone on fox news parlor etc. can figure out how to get other media sources(like the kid).  He actually said I was too lib snd suggested I read the AP or NPR(I do, just not worth the argument ..LOL).  After he saw the shit he said Oh....  As a 50 YO man child, I see it as it as an attempted coup. 

13 hours ago, Mark K said:
13 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

That was not my point.  I was sharing an anecdote illustrating how far the Faithful go in defending their Messiah.

President Trump's comment about shooting someone on 5th Avenue was not hyperbole.

There is nothing he can do for which they won't forgive him.

Except switching to Democrat.

14 hours ago, Mark K said:

Shitstain also did not ask anyone not to march on Nam before he skedaddled.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

That was not my point.  I was sharing an anecdote illustrating how far the Faithful go in defending their Messiah.

President Trump's comment about shooting someone on 5th Avenue was not hyperbole.

tRump has been a registered Democrat several times during his NY career, as well as an Independent and a Republican.  His allegiance to a party was and is entirely transactional.  Which ever political party he needed a favor from got his registration and his vote (but very little money, of course).  Until Obama, because, well, racism.  

If he thought he could have beaten Hillary in 2015, he quite possibly would have run as a Democrat.  

On 1/14/2021 at 10:29 AM, badlatitude said:

Kevin Seefried has been identified as having carried a Confederate flag into the Capitol during the siege last week.

A man who was photographed holding a Confederate battle flaginside the U.S. Capitol last week during the riot was arrested Thursday in Delaware, two law enforcement officials said. The man, Kevin Seefried, was wanted by the F.B.I., which had sought help from the public to identify him and had widely circulated a dispatch plastered with images of him.

In a bulletin, the agency said that it was looking for assistance to identify individuals “who made unlawful entry” into the Capitol, including the man with the Confederate flag, now identified by The New York Times as Mr. Seefried.

The F.B.I. had received more than 126,000 photographic and video tips as of earlier this week, as agents also scrubbed airline passenger manifests and video of air travelers to and from Washington to find potential suspects. The top federal prosecutor in Washington said this week that he expected the number of people charged with crimes tied to the Capitol riot to rise into the hundreds.

On Wednesday, federal agents made more arrests in New York, Maryland, Texas and Florida, among them a firefighter from the town of Sanford, near Orlando.

He's so drunk he has to cover one eye to ensure he can only see one of everything. Hard day for the man.

16 minutes ago, Left Shift said:
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

tRump has been a registered Democrat several times during his NY career, as well as an Independent and a Republican.  His allegiance to a party was and is entirely transactional.  Which ever political party he needed a favor from got his registration and his vote (but very little money, of course).  Until Obama, because, well, racism.  

If he thought he could have beaten Hillary in 2015, he quite possibly would have run as a Democrat.  

No argument from me.

28 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

He's so drunk he has to cover one eye to ensure he can only see one of everything. Hard day for the man.

Tougher future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Tougher future.

Personal responsibility has been a mantra from the GOP from way back.  Wonder if that is still the case?

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Personal responsibility has been a mantra from the GOP from way back.  Wonder if that is still the case?

Not when so many of them are begging for pardons. Welcome to the new GOP.

27 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

It's a song they sing from time to time. It hasn't ever been a rule to live by for the Newt Gingrich wing of the GOP. Their singular goal is and always has been permanent control of the country.  Small government, lowering the national deficits / debt, law and order, counting votes, behaving in accordance with a moral code, etc are merely principles of convenience for them. Just another part of the con.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Not when so many of them are begging for pardons. Welcome to the new real GOP.

FTFY

5 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Is that John C. Calhoun's portrait?

Fire extinguisher guy's lawyer was on with Chris Cuomo tonight.  Said his client is going to say he was called to action by Donald Trump and given a free bus ride so he took it and then got caught up in the moment.  Said he was a model citizen and firefighter for 30-something years.  Cuomo said, "that's great and might help him in sentencing."

1 hour ago, roundthebuoys said:

Fire extinguisher guy's lawyer was on with Chris Cuomo tonight.  Said his client is going to say he was called to action by Donald Trump and given a free bus ride so he took it and then got caught up in the moment.  Said he was a model citizen and firefighter for 30-something years.  Cuomo said, "that's great and might help him in sentencing."

You can build bridges all your life, but you kill one cop...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roundthebuoys said:

Right up until he wasn't. Waaa waa waa...I want my mommy.

Check out "Abby Normal Brain" thread.

It appears that when they realize that he is not omnipotently looking after them, each and every one, they might turn...

1 minute ago, longy said:

Suck it. You bought the ticket, you take the ride. Actions have consequences.

Stupidity is its own punishment. Hopefully.

"I feel persecuted prosecuted" 

DumbAss is going to learn the difference between those two words..

The law and order party...

She's got $$$ so maybe she could signup for that "pardons for $$$" program.

2 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Fuck that.

No mercy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mike G said:

Like she's ordering from a menu.

Ryan told CBS 11 she would like President Trump to pardon her.

“I think we all deserve a pardon. I’m facing a prison sentence. I think I do not deserve that and from what I understand, every person is going to be arrested that was there, so I think everyone deserves a pardon, so I would ask the President of the United States to give me a pardon.”

“I don’t feel a sense of shame or guilty from my heart. I feel like I was basically following my president. I was following what we were called to do. He asked us to fly there. He asked us to be there. So I was doing what he asked us to do,” Ryan said. “I do feel a little wronged in this situation because I’m a real estate agent and this has taken my company. This has taken my business. I am being slandered all over the internet, all over the world and all over the news and I’m just like a normal person.”

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...

On 1/14/2021 at 1:29 PM, badlatitude said:

I walk Oakland Cemetery regularly.  We have confederate dead buried there.  Stone after stone reflects the belligerence and the ignorance.  We need to move Mr. Gordon and his high horse from the front of our capitol to the graves he wrought.

interesting that these Nazi's were tough and brave , till they got caught , Now in the true spirit of the coward GOP way , blaming their miss deeds on some one else,

"He made me do it" sounds like a rich kid in school, I wonder where they got it from?

1 minute ago, Not for nothing said:

interesting that these Nazi's were tough and brave , till they got caught , Now in the true spirit of the coward GOP way , blaming their miss deeds on some one else,

"He made me do it" sounds like a rich kid in school, I wonder where they got it from?

They wuz just showing us how Blue Lives Matter to @Dog’s GOP. 

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

They wuz just showing us how Blue Lives Matter to @Dog’s GOP. 

Please, police were being very nice to them after they rampaged the house.  A couple of law enforcement officers had to die just because.  The vandals are home now.  They would rather be left alone until they decide to invade your house.

On 1/15/2021 at 9:27 AM, Bus Driver said:

I got the point, just suggesting that the stormers of the Capital were reported as wandering around wondering "What next?" and were wondering when Trump would arrive. He did say he would "...be there with you!", bigger than shit.

Now they are going to jail. Jail has a way of cutting through BS, it's as real as a heart attack. Body cavity searches all around...Certainly not all, but many of them will feel they had done their part and were left holding the bag, as they damn sure were. 

35 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Now they are going to jail. Jail has a way of cutting through BS, it's as real as a heart attack. Body cavity searches all around...Certainly not all, but many of them will feel they had done their part and were left holding the bag, as they damn sure were. 

Their future.

image.png.bf329e3b13f5617fba74f68d69a789d1.png

5 hours ago, hasher said:

Please, police were being very nice to them after they rampaged the house.  A couple of law enforcement officers had to die just because.  The vandals are home now.  They would rather be left alone until they decide to invade your house.

I wonder how florida's law of "stand your ground " would fit in,?

Had in been a BLM march they would still be picking up the bodies

BLM DC march body count 0 civilian's 0 cops

Trump/Rally body count 4 civilian's  2 cops 100's arrested 

but who's counting ?

Actual lawyers defense of fire extinguisher guy

Well, the first thing I’m gonna say about that is: this fire extinguisher was empty. You can see it bounces almost toy-like. There was debris and there was stuff being thrown everywhere.

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-siege/attorney-for-former-firefighter-who-allegedly-attacked-capitol-police-with-fire-extinguisher-this-fire-extinguisher-was-empty/

22 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Actual lawyers defense of fire extinguisher guy

Well, the first thing I’m gonna say about that is: this fire extinguisher was empty. You can see it bounces almost toy-like. There was debris and there was stuff being thrown everywhere.

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-siege/attorney-for-former-firefighter-who-allegedly-attacked-capitol-police-with-fire-extinguisher-this-fire-extinguisher-was-empty/

Translated: "My client pleads guilty, your honor." 

On 1/15/2021 at 4:28 PM, SloopJonB said:

FTFY

The Party of Personal Responsibility, indeed.

On 1/16/2021 at 11:34 AM, Not for nothing said:

I wonder how florida's law of "stand your ground " would fit in,?

Had in been a BLM march they would still be picking up the bodies

BLM DC march body count 0 civilian's 0 cops

Trump/Rally body count 4 civilian's  2 cops 100's arrested 

but who's counting ?

But, who left the most litter?

On 1/16/2021 at 12:49 AM, Mike G said:

Like she's ordering from a menu.

Unfortunately there is a second realtor named Jenna Ryan who lives in Sudbury, ON who has been getting hate mail and bad reviews for his business. Apparently there are lots of morons out there who do not know the difference between countries.

4 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Unfortunately there is a second realtor named Jenna Ryan who lives in Sudbury, ON who has been getting hate mail and bad reviews for his her business. Apparently there are lots of morons out there who do not know the difference between countries.

A minor correction. 

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Unfortunately there is a second realtor named Jenna Ryan who lives in Sudbury, ON who has been getting hate mail and bad reviews for his business. Apparently there are lots of morons out there who do not know the difference between countries.

When we lived in Grenada my wife's parents sent a large box of Christmas gifts to us... In early October. November came and went. It usually took a week or so for packages to arrive from the states. The parents tracked the package, but were told that once it went international, tracking stopped. We asked the Grenada post about it. Nobody had seen it. We figured it was lost or stolen. December came and went. In mid January the box reappeared at the parents' house marked "Undeliverable" It had stamps from all over the world on it, but most notably, nothing from the Caribbean, and indeed, a lot of stamps from Spain......

Apparently no one bothered to read the part of the address that said "West Indies", and the box got sent from Washington, DC to Granada, Spain, and from there to some place in Africa. And it had plenty of tire tracks on it to indicate exactly how it was treated by postal services all across the globe. It finally got to us in February. The cookies were a little stale.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

What's even more troubling is the fact that, considering the context, it's the more non-fascist and patriotic ones that are sending that hate mail. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

bodies or paper?

Plastic of course. Bodies and paper are bio-degradable.

• Like 1