Sean

A message for our righty elk

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Excellent video but preaching to the choir.

His words will resonate with those who already agree with him but will not move the needle with trumpets, not even with those who comprehend him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sean said:

Two muny big wurds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VhmSays said:

Excellent video but preaching to the choir.

His words will resonate with those who already agree with him but will not move the needle with trumpets, not even with those who comprehend him.

No doubt. But it it wraps it up in a nice tidy package. Would really like to hear a rebuttal from Doggie. He might understand the big words.

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Sounds like Philly.  Republicans are evil 

only 87% of them

Almost 9 in 10 Republicans — 87 percent — give Trump a thumbs-up, compared with 89 percent who said the same before the November election.

evil or stupid, take your pick

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I agree with you, Republicans are evil.

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

only 87% of them

Almost 9 in 10 Republicans — 87 percent — give Trump a thumbs-up, compared with 89 percent who said the same before the November election.

Or they are reacting to the overreach of the left.  I predicted that impeachment would bring many back that were walking away.   Add on the tech worlds vendetta to stop any speech that doesn’t agree with the views expressed by Mr Cooke and people are going to react

Just now, The Joker said:

Or they are reacting to the overreach of the left.  I predicted that impeachment would bring many back that were walking away.   Add on the tech worlds vendetta to stop any speech that doesn’t agree with the views expressed by Mr Cooke and people are going to react

Fuck em and the horse they rode in on.

1 minute ago, hasher said:

Fuck em and the horse they rode in on.

Yep. That’s the attitude they are hearing.  Good job

Yep. That’s the attitude we want to hear.   

It is damn sure the message that needs to be heard.

30 minutes ago, The Joker said:

only cause they want to be, 

3 minutes ago, Venom said:

th?id=OIP.CkbX6jdKhShl6qi8xGhE-AHaEK&w=319&h=160&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.5&pid=3.1&rm=2

Hey wanker,  

Her parts are more attractive than yours.

Hey wanker,  

What about your boyfriend, how's he stack up? :D 

2 minutes ago, hasher said:

Hey wanker,  

Seriously?   She looks to be quite young.  Not sure you want to talk about her parts. 

7 minutes ago, Venom said:

As a matter of fact, I'm not attracted to boys.  Grown men sometimes hold my interest.  They don't hold my junk.

But hey, if that's the way your butt wags, I wouldn't judge you.

Seriously?   She looks to be quite young.  Not sure you want to talk about her parts. 

Most women enjoy the attention, as long as it not rude.  A look is fine but a whistle crosses the line.

As a matter of fact, I'm not attracted to boys.  Grown me sometimes hold my interest.  They have don't hold my junk.

But hey, if that's the way your butt wags, I wouldn't judge you.

No need for the denial shitstain, nobody's judging you. 

4 minutes ago, hasher said:

Most women enjoy the attention, as long as it not rude.  A look is fine but a whistle crosses the line.

Uh ok 

1 minute ago, Venom said:

No need for the denial shitstain, nobody's judging you. 

I think you protest too much, you lovely guy.

7 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Uh ok 

We agree then that a violent revolution sucks to high heaven and needs to be condemned to the darkest place of hell?

1 hour ago, The Joker said:
1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

only 87% of them

At best the stats above prove that a few have walked away, at worst, it proves that it doesn’t matter what Democrats do, Republicans won’t reconsider their position on Trump, and will continue to totally ignore the blatant overreach of the right.

7 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

At best the stats above prove that a few have walked away, at worst, it proves that it doesn’t matter what Democrats do, Republicans won’t reconsider their position on Trump, and will continue to totally ignore the blatant overreach of the right.

Republicans didn't reconsider their position on Nixon, Reagan or W. (They kinda hated H though).

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Resistance is futile. Conform or else...

It does not sound like you watched it.  If you did, that comment sounds more like a counter argument than a criticism. 

8 minutes ago, benwynn said:

It does not sound like you watched it.  If you did, that comment sounds more like a counter argument than a criticism. 

Watched the whole thing.  Started out ok then started calling people racists if they don’t support BLM  talked about Republicans needing therapy. Like I said reminded me of Philly’s rants

Resistance is futile. Conform or else...

Says the party that stormed the Capitol 

28 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Watched the whole thing.  Started out ok then started calling people racists if they don’t support BLM  talked about Republicans needing therapy. Like I said reminded me of Philly’s rants

Ok.   I was trying to figure out where you got the "conform or else" shtick.   Because the guy mentions why Biden supporters don't run around with flags adorned from their vehicles. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Two muny big wurds

And it is over nine minutes long - all too much for the elk.

That's victimhood. 

We have arsonists in California who start brush fires.   When we identify and catch them, we put them on trial.   Maybe you think that is just because we don't agree with their views.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:
1 hour ago, Sidecar said:

Republicans didn't reconsider their position on Nixon, Reagan or W. (They kinda hated H though).

Most of that was because of his fiscal conservatism. When "Read my lips, no new taxes" turned into "we must do something about the deficit" then they started hating him. And that's really what put Clinton into office, which led to the stupid auto-negation of Newt's era... which culminated in Trump.

Until Republicans are held accountable by their own voters, they will have zero interest in actually governing the country.

- DSK

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

We are in favor of the violent overthrow of the elected government and want to murder the vice president and speaker of the house.

Wait a sec...........what's that noise? People are upset with us? People are saying mean things?

OMFG we all need to break down and cry, the big meanie liberals won't let us kill government officials we don't like, it is SO UNFAIR. Oh look, that privately owned company won't let us use their private property for our illegal murder schemes either - we hate private property too WAAAAA WAAAA WAAAA

* toddlers with guns is what you all are, just as stupid and just as dangerous

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Most of that was because of his fiscal conservatism. When "Read my lips, no new taxes" turned into "we must do something about the deficit" then they started hating him. And that's really what put Clinton into office, which led to the stupid auto-negation of Newt's era... which culminated in Trump.

Until Republicans are held accountable by their own voters, they will have zero interest in actually governing the country.

- DSK

I'm gonna re-write that. Most of that was because of his lack of entertainment (despite Shock+Awe, Panama, Somalia and a few other awes). Republicans are SoCon. Republicans who claim not to be (hi Jeff!) are lying to themselves.

Pinning this on Gingrich is exactly right. Reagan was a right wing nut but thought that he could only go as far as his coalition would take him. Gingrich understood that it was 

1 hour ago, Swimsailor said:

It wasn’t the party  it was a bunch of hyped up assholes that are being arrested and charged.   Thanks for confirming my point about overreach. 

21 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

We are in favor of the violent overthrow of the elected government and want to murder the vice president and speaker of the house.

Wait a sec...........what's that noise? People are upset with us? People are saying mean things?

OMFG we all need to break down and cry, the big meanie liberals won't let us kill government officials we don't like, it is SO UNFAIR. Oh look, that privately owned company won't let us use their private property for our illegal murder schemes either - we hate private property too WAAAAA WAAAA WAAAA

Nice twisting of something I never said. 

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

It wasn’t the party  it was a bunch of hyped up assholes that are being arrested and charged.   Thanks for confirming my point about overreach. 

image.png.fece12d9891ce5349747f03a964238ca.png

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

Pretty sure he was allowed in the capitol building 

1 minute ago, The Joker said:
2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Pretty sure he was allowed in the capitol building 

And who's counting on the murder-chanting mob to vote for him, even though he fled from them when they broke in?

Who tweeted intel to the insurrectionists, while they were hunting Congress?

- DSK

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Joker said:

They? Why don't you have the balls to say we? You act like you aren't down on your knees with the rest of the Trump garbage.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

, they will have zero interest in actually governing the country.

I've heard this comment made by our progressive Senator Sherrod Brown. 

And one could certainly observe it during the Drumph admin. 

USPS, CDC, FDA, EPA, Interior, courts, Labor - the list is long. 

And the voters of the Reich are just fine with it, apparently 

• Like 2

Putting Republicans in charge of anything is like hiring a bunch of Greenpeace protestors to manage a coal mine or staff a whaling ship. In all cases, the people you put in charge are hugely invested in making sure the enterprise FAILS. As Eva Dent

4 hours ago, The Joker said:

What else should it be? Why pander?

At the most basic level this isn't about Trump - he came along opportunistically. Their core issues aren't goin to go away - its going to get worse.

1) Voting demographics will only continue to shift to the left. The EC nullified most of the left shift, but Texas and others will go blue over time - it can't be stopped, with or without the EC.

2) Less religiosity as time goes on. Which of course is why trump pushed so hard (and sold his followers on this) to push the SC to the right. As religiosity lessens in general, the Pentecostals will have a harder time defending their own extreme ideals and practices, and will slowly (but noisily) drop out of mainstream. They are stubborn bastards though, 2,000 years and they still haven't figured out that prayer doesn't work.

Trump sold them on what they wanted to hear.... white god fearing America. He tried but he couldn't deliver.

Multiculturalism, Non Belief in Gods, Truth, Partisanship, Empathy is scary to the RW. They are on the losing side demographically and cant win long term, unless they start breeding like rabbits. Or get rid on nonwhites and heathens one way or another. Sound familiar?

Or they are reacting to the overreach of the left. 

Yeah, electing a half black President was out of bounds.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Putting Republicans in charge of anything is like hiring a bunch of Greenpeace protestors to manage a coal mine or staff a whaling ship. In all cases, the people you put in charge are hugely invested in making sure the enterprise FAILS. As Eva Dent

they can be good at shit they want to be good at, like propaganda campaigns and shady business deals with industry..

50 minutes ago, The Joker said:

hey The Jerker, you think 'lefties' are meanies?

here have some more: I shit on right-wing ideology, with a clear concious.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Hyped up by party rhetoric and lies. 

4 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

Who needs the capitol when you can burn out the cities?

There seems to be a bit of photoshop going on in the photos too.

ErMCWV1UYAAqqXV.jpg

010621_capitol_6-1024x683.jpg

13 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Ok, let's get one thing straight here.....  Not every person who supported or voted for trump condones or supports what happened at the capitol last week.  I would say that there is a minority of trumpers who are not appalled by what happened.  I have no doubt those folks are in deep denial, but that in no way means that the majority of those 74M who voted for him support what those insurrectionists did.  

Yes there ARE absolutely some toddlers with guns.  But again they are in a small minority, imho.  I have a buddy I regularly shoot with, an older gent who has been a lifelong die hard republican who supported trump but didn't like the way he handled the election.  He is shocked and appalled at what happened in DC last week and wants nothing to do with that crowd.  And he has WAAY more gunz that I do.  Last week was a huge wakeup call for him and that's saying a LOT.  

Have the majority of trumpers been fed a bunch of BS??  Of course they have.  They've been manipulated by some of the most sophisticated propaganda there is.  The big problem is, if you paint ALL of those 74M voters who voted for him and even the ones who didn't bother to vote but still align to the right with the same broad brush that you're using for the insurrectionists - then you're going to have a problem.  We're all going to have a problem.  If you write them off as all "deplorable", then the divisions in this country are going to get worse, not better.  They DO have legitimate grievances,  but everyone is discounting them completely because of a few hundred rioters who stormed the Capitol bldg.  

I heard a woman being interviewed on NPR in the last few days who was a Sr Intelligence person in the CIA or the CTTF (iirc) .  She said that the political division and polarization in this country is currently THE gravest National Security threat to our nation.  Ponder on that for a bit.  I think she's right.  

17 hours ago, Venom said:

Another brilliant rebuttal. Short, to the point and with a cutting gay reference. And the emoji! How do you come up with these?

13 hours ago, The Joker said:

Nice twisting of something I never said. 

You would rather twist on your boyfriends junk. :) 

How did I go?

The local Reich seems to be OK with that fascist coup . . 

And the international Reich media is all over it with the 

"blame the left" gambit; and the BLM whotaboutism. 

They promise to do better next time - i.e., destroy this 

sorry ol' republic. 

Fascism Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Ok, let's get one thing straight here.....  Not every person who supported or voted for trump condones or supports what happened at the capitol last week.  I would say that there is a minority of trumpers who are not appalled by what happened.  I have no doubt those folks are in deep denial, but that in no way means that the majority of those 74M who voted for him support what those insurrectionists did.  

.  (snipped)

Depending on the poll, 60 to 80 percent of REPUBLICANS believe Trump won the election, so yeah, a majority of Republicans are Trumpers and support "Stop the Steal".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Joker said:

Oh absolutely it was. The GOP is the party of Trump, because you dumb fucks got brainwashed into making it so.

The current GoP don't deserve the title political party, because you have exactly zero ideas and ideals, just blind simpering adulation for a rich dick. 

Own it numpty, this is all on you. Each and every one of you Trump fanboys worked to fuck over all that was good about America. an achievement not even your enemies could pull off for over 200 years.

I'm not even religious but I pray for your bloodline, 'cos fuck me they're going to need it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bridhb said:
7 hours ago, Burning Man said:

.  (snipped)

Depending on the poll, 60 to 80 percent of REPUBLICANS believe Trump won the election, so yeah, a majority of Republicans are Trumpers and support "Stop the Steal".

Not all Republicans are racist, but everybody who voted for Trump is more comfortable with racism than with equality.

Not all Republicans are authoritarian supporters of dictatorship, but only 10 (out of almost 250) agreed that inciting a violent attack on Congress to overturn an election is a crime that should be punished.

The Republican Party officials cheered and applauded for Trump the morning after that attack. Same way they did not bother to enact a party platform at their convention: official Republican Party policy is "whatever Trump says."

And pointing out these facts is "divisive" and "hateful" according to some. Why do I just not feel so good about the future of USAnian politics?

- DSK

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Not all Republicans are racist, but everybody who voted for Trump is more comfortable with racism than with equality.

Not all Republicans are authoritarian supporters of dictatorship, but only 10 (out of almost 250) agreed that inciting a violent attack on Congress to overturn an election is a crime that should be punished.

The Republican Party officials cheered and applauded for Trump the morning after that attack. Same way they did not bother to enact a party platform at their convention: official Republican Party policy is "whatever Trump says."

And pointing out these facts is "divisive" and "hateful" according to some. Why do I just not feel so good about the future of USAnian politics?

- DSK

Not all who voted for President Trump in 2020 are racist, sexist, xenophobic assholes. 

But, the fact that President Trump embodies those characteristics was not a deal-breaker for them.

8 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Yes there ARE absolutely some toddlers with guns.  But again they are in a small minority, imho.  I have a buddy I regularly shoot with, an older gent who has been a lifelong die hard republican who supported trump but didn't like the way he handled the election.  He is shocked and appalled at what happened in DC last week and wants nothing to do with that crowd.  And he has WAAY more gunz that I do.  Last week was a huge wakeup call for him and that's saying a LOT.  

Have the majority of trumpers been fed a bunch of BS??  Of course they have.  They've been manipulated by some of the most sophisticated propaganda there is.  The big problem is, if you paint ALL of those 74M voters who voted for him and even the ones who didn't bother to vote but still align to the right with the same broad brush that you're using for the insurrectionists - then you're going to have a problem.  We're all going to have a problem.  If you write them off as all "deplorable", then the divisions in this country are going to get worse, not better.  They DO have legitimate grievances,  but everyone is discounting them completely because of a few hundred rioters who stormed the Capitol bldg.  

I heard a woman being interviewed on NPR in the last few days who was a Sr Intelligence person in the CIA or the CTTF (iirc) .  She said that the political division and polarization in this country is currently THE gravest National Security threat to our nation.  Ponder on that for a bit.  I think she's right.  

"Have the majority of trumpers been fed a bunch of BS??  Of course they have.  They've been manipulated by some of the most sophisticated propaganda there is."

Are you sure this propaganda is the most sophisticated?

We have seen this shit before. If you choose to believe it, you are a good Nazi.

“It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise.”
 Joseph Goebbels

16 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Not all who voted for President Trump in 2020 are racist, sexist, xenophobic assholes. 

But, the fact that President Trump embodies those characteristics was not a deal-breaker for them.

On a long walk yesterday, my wife & I were discussing why it could be that so many people could support Trump and Trumpism, without being either stupid or racist or self-destructive assholes, or all three. She recalled a debate from long ago between predestination and free will,  in religious terms. Trumpism is sort of a politicization of the doctrine of predestination, that some people are designated long before birth as SAVED and that therefor nothing they do is wrong.

MAGAts are sort of conservative in that the social order is the primary consideration for them, church people above the ungodly, rich people above the lazy poor, and it doesn't even need to be said white skinned people over non-white skinned people. And this is an absolute, a given, unquestionable in the judgement of The Right People... of course -they- are the ones who should be on top.

Or maybe not on top, but certainly a couple of ladder rungs above liberals, democrats, evil socialists, the gays, etc etc. And when you are a couple of ladder rungs above people, you can't help stomping on them, right?

This is why the working poor vote away their rights and their hope for any betterment, because by voting TRUMP!! they are asserting that they are NOT at the bottom, no sir!! And furthermore they're asserting that hard work and education and aspiration do not form any part of their obligation, that they can sit on their asses and do drugs or whatever and they're STILL way-y-y better than you evil socialist gay Democrats. Fuck yeah we were founded on slavery, USA!!! USA!!!

It's the political version of predestination. The doctrine of predestination brings a church to the point where it's leaders are corrupt thieves who molest freely and with no thought whatever to consequences. There won't be any, they are predestined to be saved and to be the leaders.

In politics, the Trumpist leaders were already corrupt predatory molesters so of course they enthusiastically adopt the same idea.

This is why Trumpism is not going away, although the same putrid bundle might be called something else. It's founded on an ancient idea that many people really are comfortable with.

- DSK

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

On a long walk yesterday, my wife & I were discussing why it could be that so many people could support Trump and Trumpism, without being either stupid or racist or self-destructive assholes, or all three. She recalled a debate from long ago between predestination and free will,  in religious terms. Trumpism is sort of a politicization of the doctrine of predestination, that some people are designated long before birth as SAVED and that therefor nothing they do is wrong.

MAGAts are sort of conservative in that the social order is the primary consideration for them, church people above the ungodly, rich people above the lazy poor, and it doesn't even need to be said white skinned people over non-white skinned people. And this is an absolute, a given, unquestionable in the judgement of The Right People... of course -they- are the ones who should be on top.

Or maybe not on top, but certainly a couple of ladder rungs above liberals, democrats, evil socialists, the gays, etc etc. And when you are a couple of ladder rungs above people, you can't help stomping on them, right?

This is why the working poor vote away their rights and their hope for any betterment, because by voting TRUMP!! they are asserting that they are NOT at the bottom, no sir!! And furthermore they're asserting that hard work and education and aspiration do not form any part of their obligation, that they can sit on their asses and do drugs or whatever and they're STILL way-y-y better than you evil socialist gay Democrats. Fuck yeah we were founded on slavery, USA!!! USA!!!

It's the political version of predestination. The doctrine of predestination brings a church to the point where it's leaders are corrupt thieves who molest freely and with no thought whatever to consequences. There won't be any, they are predestined to be saved and to be the leaders.

In politics, the Trumpist leaders were already corrupt predatory molesters so of course they enthusiastically adopt the same idea.

This is why Trumpism is not going away, although the same putrid bundle might be called something else. It's founded on an ancient idea that many people really are comfortable with.

- DSK

One of the most profound posts I've read in a while.  

I've got a sister-in-law in the midwest.  Her and her husband are very conservative evangelicals. Retired, they do a lot of charity work at a local food bank.  They are very good people. But I think the traits you mention are there as undertones.  They are ardent Trump supporters.

I believe there is also something else at hand.  Religious people, particularly hard core evangelicals, accept things without evidence.  This is not meant as a generalization.  The very fact they are devoutly religious makes this a fact.  And I see this manifested in my sister-in-law and husband in other ways.  They've got some home remedies for illnesses that they "heard somewhere". (Including COVID. I'm not kidding.)  They are more likely than anyone else I know to forward bullshit on FB.  Like Mars will be as big as the moon on a particular upcoming night.  

People who accept religious teachings as fact without evidence, could easily accept the teachings of Trump.   It's actually a far lower bar.   Biden being the most radical Democrat in the history of the country pales in comparison to the world being created in 7 days by a guy who lives in the clouds. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

I have a much simpler theory. There are a *lot* more racists than you would have ever guessed. They might not use bad words and would never put a pillowcase on their heads and burn a cross. They don't overtly appear racist at all, but deep down inside they fear the day that whites being at the top of the social and political order is coming to an end. It is a visceral fear that THEY will be on the receiving end of what has been dished out to minorities for centuries. Or they might be more outright like some of my extended family that grew up in tough places without much to their names and think it is the job of every ethnic group to raise themselves up and put all the competition down. Every black face down at the mill or the plant is one less Irish/Italian/German/Whatever face and there are only so many jobs to go around.

Your theory does explain a lot though - We OWN this because God says so and GTFO if you don't like it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Burning Man said:

OI heard a woman being interviewed on NPR in the last few days who was a Sr Intelligence person in the CIA or the CTTF (iirc) .  She said that the political division and polarization in this country is currently THE gravest National Security threat to our nation.  Ponder on that for a bit.  I think she's right.  

I'm pretty sure that's the problem with burning bitches.

23 hours ago, The Joker said:

It wasn’t the party  it was a bunch of hyped up assholes that are being arrested and charged.

More of your usual lying and duplicitous deflection. You well know that . . 

state level GOPPERS all over the country, including elected "officials", were involved in the autogolpe attempt. 

Lots of them even chartered buses for the fascist faithful. 

9 hours ago, LB 15 said:

You would rather twist on your boyfriends junk. :) 

How did I go?

Another brilliant rebuttal. Short, to the point and with a cutting gay reference. And the emoji! How do you come up with these? :D

10 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Jeff, are you still running that nuanced nonsense? A lot of Republicans supported the storming of the Capitol, for nuanced reasons I'm sure.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/01/15/in-their-own-words-how-americans-reacted-to-the-rioting-at-the-u-s-capitol/

I'm sure they did.  But a LOT != majority. 

Read your own fucking nuanced article you linked to

While many Americans acknowledged that the violence was uncalled for, 5% also expressed frustration and sympathy for what some of the participants may have been feeling. One woman in her 60s said, “I will not say that it was right but I can understand it. The election was a joke and the American people are fed up with the way the Democrats have treated the Republicans.”

A small share of adults (4%) characterized the events that unfolded at the Capitol as no worse than – or not as bad as – other protests and demonstrations. One woman in her 60s said, “this was no different than the protests and riots that occurred after the racial unrest. I don’t like any of it.”

4-5% is not most republicans or even most trump supporters!  I certainly wouldn't even call that a "lot".  I'm sure I could find 4-5% on the far left who are more than fine with using violence to further climate change goals or protect animals.  If I remember correctly, the Weather underground, SLA and the like were left wing terrorists.  But I don't paint the entire D-party with the brush of those far left radicals. 

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

On a long walk yesterday, my wife & I were discussing why it could be that so many people could support Trump...

- DSK

I'm sorry that I'm only allowed to give you one Like.  Very good thoughts.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Overt Republican support for the storming of the Capitol seems to be around 20%. But here's that nuanced word again. It shows up in the unlikeliest of places:

image.png.d0cae8634e108d26cb2476e3d89e4c3c.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/13/lurking-beneath-surface-gop-plenty-sympathy-those-who-stormed-capitol/

Republican support for Shitstain? Well that remains quite high, yuge really, even after the storming of the Capitol that he fomented with his Nuremburg speech. Still, I'm sure that that support is nuanced.

image.png.b33de65d25742a4430ece48296b082e1.png

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

23 hours ago, The Joker said:

Liar.  The entire thing was orchestrated by the head of your party. Organized by members of the party in multiple states who bussed people in.  Enabled by the people in the party who refused to stop his hatred, and supported by 97% of the party even after all of this. You're either a pathological liar, or have the IQ of a rock.

4 hours ago, bridhb said:

BS! - believing that the election was fucked up != support for or approval of storming the capitol bldg and committing insurrection.  Even Olsin's pew research poll showed that a tiny fraction tacitly supported the events on Jan 6th.  

Let's be clear.... I am in no way excusing or giving people a pass who believe that the election was stolen.  They are dead wrong and that makes them morons who have been manipulated by sophisticated propaganda.  But there was a tiny subset of the "Stop the Steal" folks who actually took action and committed illegal acts.  Your attempt to make the larger group guilty by association is just incorrect.  Those folks did not commit illegal acts or treason/insurrection.  Until we acknowledge that they have legitimate grievances and work to educate and stop the brainwashing through the lies the media propagates, then this division in our country will not only continue, but will deepen. 

That political division^^, I'm more and more convinced, is THE GREATEST national security threat this nation faces at the moment.  

2 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Liar.  The entire thing was orchestrated by the head of your party. Organized by members of the party in multiple states who bussed people in.  Enabled by the people in the party who refused to stop his hatred, and supported by 97% of the party even after all of this. You're either a pathological liar, or have the IQ of a rock.

They aren't mutually exclusive. 

13 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Read your own fucking nuanced article you linked to

4-5% is not most republicans or even most trump supporters!  I certainly wouldn't even call that a "lot".  I'm sure I could find 4-5% on the far left who are more than fine with using violence to further climate change goals or protect animals.  If I remember correctly, the Weather underground, SLA and the like were left wing terrorists.  But I don't paint the entire D-party with the brush of those far left radicals. 

Let's see most R's still stand firmly behind him, do not want him removed or impeached, ffs over 80% support a wannabe dictator. Just wait a few days for the talking points to be repeated a few times, the victimhood will turn that minority into the large majority of R's. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-impeachment-removal-polls/?ex_cid=rrpromo

9 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

"Women for Trump" who organized it were funded by the Trump reelection campaign.  Trump paid for the busses, the stage, the promotion of the event.  None of this is secret.

A pro-Trump nonprofit group called Women for America First hosted the “Save America Rally” on Jan. 6 at the Ellipse, an oval-shaped, federally owned patch of land near the White House. But an attachment to the National Park Service public gathering permit granted to the group lists more than half a dozen people in staff positions for the event who just weeks earlier had been paid thousands of dollars by Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign. Other staff scheduled to be “on site” during the demonstration have close ties to the White House.

16 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

BS! - believing that the election was fucked up != support for or approval of storming the capitol bldg and committing insurrection.  Even Olsin's pew research poll showed that a tiny fraction tacitly supported the events on Jan 6th.  

Let's be clear.... I am in no way excusing or giving people a pass who believe that the election was stolen.  They are dead wrong and that makes them morons who have been manipulated by sophisticated propaganda.  But there was a tiny subset of the "Stop the Steal" folks who actually took action and committed illegal acts.  Your attempt to make the larger group guilty by association is just incorrect.  Those folks did not commit illegal acts or treason/insurrection.  Until we acknowledge that they have legitimate grievances and work to educate and stop the brainwashing through the lies the media propagates, then this division in our country will not only continue, but will deepen. 

That political division^^, I'm more and more convinced, is THE GREATEST national security threat this nation faces at the moment.  

Sorry - wrong.

If you support the fiction that the election is stolen, you DO support the insurrectionists. You are endlessly passing cans of gasoline to the arsonists, even if you pretend not to know where the cans are going.

There was a very easy test conducted recently to determine how many politicians in The House would stand up and say the insurrection was a crime. How did Team R do on that test? I think the failure rate was about 95%. 95% are FINE WITH IT.

* in the fine tradition of sort-of-Nazis in the early 30s, they are trying to keep a foot in each camp and jump to the winning side just in time :rolleyes:

Jeff - you a bit upset at how thoroughly burned this bitch is getting?

1 hour ago, Voyageur said:

michael-deadder-deadder.net.jpg

For me this cartoon was summation of the Trump years. A bit chilling, scary and fucking true. Fuck anybody that voted for that piece of shit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Republican support for the storming of the Capitol seems to be around 20%. But here's that nuanced word again. It shows up in the unlikeliest of places:

image.png.d0cae8634e108d26cb2476e3d89e4c3c.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/13/lurking-beneath-surface-gop-plenty-sympathy-those-who-stormed-capitol/

But Republican support for Shitstain remains quite high, even after the storming of the Capitol that he fomented. I'm sure that that support is nuanced.

image.png.b33de65d25742a4430ece48296b082e1.png

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

Is it your assertion that every