Sol Rosenberg

The Patriot Party

Because the GOP has treated the Pride of New York so very unfairly bigly and terribly, there is talk of him forming a new party, the Patriot Party. Thoughts?  

I can't help thinking that we already had the Dixiecrats and they took over the GOP.  What's gonna happen to The Party?

• Like 1

Good.  Then he and the rest of his idiot followers can sink into irrelevance while the rest of the world moves on.

• Like 1

At least the members of the Patriot Party will have a name..."Patsies".

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Good.  Then he and the rest of his idiot followers can sink into irrelevance while the rest of the world moves on.

E0EE956C-3E34-481A-BCBF-93C34A96866A.png

How's that go, again?

“If it’s what you say, I love it, especially later in the summer.”

Go for it. Would separate the wheat from the chaff nicely. 

• Like 2

I hope they get some cool hats like the Tea Party.

38 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yes, it's the perfect SOLution.

50 minutes ago, Sean said:

Over 80% chaff.

I'm just curious how he will lead this new party from inside a supermax.  

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

I hope they get some cool hats like the Tea Party.

They'll need two hats.  One to shit in and one to cover it up.

• Like 2

American politics will then be composed of a center/right party, a hard right party and a lunatic fringe right wing party.

An embarrassment of riches.

• Like 2

I think it would be wonderful. Split the GOP in half and let them disappear into the minority.

• Like 1

If it happens, and that is still a very big if, then I think it would affect not just the GOP but the Dem party as well. We might end up with three fairly evenly sized parties averaged out nationally. As the Republicans seek to expand their tent again after losing the hard right, they could pull some Dems over to a more moderate R party. With that being said, starting a new party sounds like a lot more work than destroying someone else's party. I don't expect an old lazy conman to want to work that hard, regardless whether said conman is a free man or incarcerated. 

• Like 5

It's far easier to hustle money from followers of a cult than from members of a party. Less reading, less paperwork, less oversight.  Also, you can't run a party from jail.

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

Patriot Party?

Let's call 'em the PeePees 

And then on the Evening News,  the TeeVee announcer can say "Let's roll the PeePee tape".

I think the "Pat" part is irrelevant.... Let's just go with the "Riot party".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LenP said:

If it happens, and that is still a very big if, then I think it would affect not just the GOP but the Dem party as well. We might end up with three fairly evenly sized parties averaged out nationally. As the Republicans seek to expand their tent again after losing the hard right, they could pull some Dems over to a more moderate R party. With that being said, starting a new party sounds like a lot more work than destroying someone else's party. I don't expect an old lazy conman to want to work that hard, regardless whether said conman is a free man or incarcerated. 

That conman is addicted to money, I have a feeling he sees a way to grift.

1 hour ago, Happy said:

It's far easier to hustle money from followers of a cult than from members of a party. Less reading, less paperwork, less oversight.  Also, you can't run a party from jail.

You might want to reevaluate that last bit.

In the US of today, you cannot cast a vote while being in prison but you can still run for office and legally be voted for, even as president. One of the old laws that never even anticipated a total con man to run for the highest office.

Purging HWMNBM and his clan might be harder than we would like it to be.

4 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I'm just curious how he will lead this new party from inside a supermax.  

Anybody offering odds on how long he can stay out of jail, how long a sentence he'll get? etc, etc:P

1 hour ago, LenP said:

He'll get the kids to run it for as long as they can stay out of jail, or fuck it up.

He's raising millions for his legal bills by donations, he's doing well with MAGA merchandising, I'm sure he'll appear on paid for news somewhere, as will all the others.  This gonna roll and roll until he's in jail or dead.

We are starting a party. A tremendous party. The best party anywhere bigly. Many people are saying it. Send money and it will be Your Party. This I can tell you. 

1 hour ago, Happy said:

I'm sure with a bit bigger contribution the cult could also become party members, one in the same in fact.  I'm sure a new Shamen could convince the Qanon lot to donate, they'll believe any shit.

46 minutes ago, Grog said:

You might want to reevaluate that last bit.

In the US of today, you cannot cast a vote while being in prison but you can still run for office and legally be voted for, even as president. One of the old laws that never even anticipated a total con man to run for the highest office.

^^^^^^^^ this

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

That conman is addicted to money, I have a feeling he sees a way to grift.

Yes, but it is also easier to grift with a superpac than a party. I think it more likely he continues to pull contributions into his superpac and primary Rs. It will be a thorn in the Rs side, their penance for enabling him these past 4 years. 

evil, cuntish bad tv host wants to 'start a new party', wants to call it the, wait for it, 'patriot party'. uhh..

45 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

We are starting a party. A tremendous party. The best party anywhere bigly. Many people are saying it. Send money and it will be Your Party. This I can tell you. 

Your party, my money, win/win.

1 hour ago, Grog said:

Convicting him in the Senate will take care of him.

None of those kids will amount to anything - without daddy they will be jokes - even bigger jokes than they are now that is.

10 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

None of those kids will amount to anything - without daddy they will be jokes - even bigger jokes than they are now that is.

Javnka are going to do fine in Desantis land.  Ivanka will prob run for Gov.  

36 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I'll believe the conviction when I see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I think we should call it the Pity Party. it's such a pity.

• Like 1

I think the lurking danger in our democracy is the out-sized power “fly-over” states have in the Senate and Electoral College. A very small portion of the population, 17% by my last reckoning, can block legislation in the Senate. This will only get worse as our demographics change, and these states are most prone to fall for an ultra right wing party. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bull City said:

I think the lurking danger in our democracy is the out-sized power “fly-over” states have in the Senate and Electoral College. A very small portion of the population, 17% by my last reckoning, can block legislation in the Senate. This will only get worse as our demographics change, and these states are most prone to fall for an ultra right wing party. 

Not much to do about this, that gerrymandering is built into the Big C. Buy the fuckers off I suppose. Farm bill anyone?

That didn't take long, merchandise already

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Not much to do about this, that gerrymandering is built into the Big C. Buy the fuckers off I suppose. Farm bill anyone?

Well, with the de-tethering of the working person from the office and Bidens sweeping voting plan, some of this may be mitigated...  

4 hours ago, LenP said:

Actually doing this involves a LOT of going around asking people ot sign petitions for ballot access. I've done this. I've participated in a boat parade. Boat parades are way more fun.

9 minutes ago, Bull City said:

USA needs to have an independent commission to determine electoral boundaries base on population. Plus, preferential voting.

A first past the post electoral system for more than two party elections is an inevitable recipe for a highly unrepresentative, possibly extremist ruling party and/or stalemated government, much more than it is now.

We have it here in Oz, and there’s is still plenty of scope for political shitfuckery......

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bull City said:

Get used to it.

No amendments are going to happen.

28 minutes ago, mad said:

I dropped a very satisfying MAGA this morning.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

USA needs to have an independent commission to determine electoral boundaries base on population.

This.

Like Trump said years ago - you'll never elect a Republican government again.

50 minutes ago, Polytelum Tom said:

Actually doing this involves a LOT of going around asking people ot sign petitions for ballot access. I've done this. I've participated in a boat parade. Boat parades are way more fun.

Please tell us it wasn't a Trump boat parade...

1 hour ago, Bull City said:

the problem is, states don't have their own military and cannot print their own money. Limited scope for unfettered bullshit to run amok. Kansas went down that road and pulled back pretty definitely. For some reason when they slashed taxes to near zero, millionaires didn't flock to Kansas and create the booming economy the deep-red bonehead governir and his clique expected

- DSK

1 hour ago, Bull City said:

An easy answer to this is to double the number of members of the House.  It can be done by statute, restores some of the balance between small and large states in the EC and would make districts smaller and more easily challenged by "walk on' candidates. Republicans locked the number at 435 in the '20's, a hundred years is enough.

• Like 1

I wonder how long @realpatriot will hang onto this Twitter account? 

33 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:
1 hour ago, Polytelum Tom said:

Please tell us it wasn't a Trump boat parade...

Nah we lit up the Cowmaran for the local lighted boat Christmas parade a few years back. I was manning the conch horn. Good fun.

38 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

As the Bible says: the fuckwits you will always have with you.

46 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

An easy answer to this is to double the number of members of the House.  It can be done by statute, restores some of the balance between small and large states in the EC and would make districts smaller and more easily challenged by "walk on' candidates. Republicans locked the number at 435 in the '20's, a hundred years is enough.

Wasn't it the intention of the founders to keep it at around 1 rep per 30000 citizens? I know that the population was minuscule then, but doubling representation would be a nice start.

58 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Something tells me that math is not his strong suite, either

- DSK

1 hour ago, learningJ24 said:

That has no effect on the Senate.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

And so it starts.......... Brace yourselves USA.

And  I am not talking about the pandemic.....

13 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Something tells me that math is not his strong suite, either

- DSK

My math ain’t a bunch of rooms, either. Got to dot products / vector analysis and decided I’d had just about enuf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
2 hours ago, mad said:

I dropped a very satisfying MAGA this morning.

I trust you made sure to wipe your Limbaugh.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

I trust you made sure to wipe your Limbaugh.

Front to back, so you don't smear MAGA on your Nixon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

@Doggy Style!

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Front to back, so you don't smear MAGA on your Nixon. 

If one of those Tuckers gets stuck, try a Hannity wipe. That'll Rudy it out.

• Like 1

If any Santorum dripped on the floor, don't worry, the Dog will lick it up.

4 hours ago, Raz'r said:

It worked for Trump... apparently those china trade war subsidies worked out 40% of farm income this year?  Too lazy to look it up right now, just got off work.   

3 hours ago, learningJ24 said:

The problem is selling it.  It was originally a RW idea... but so was Obamacare.

Maybe we should offer to move the Capitol (we'll need a new, bigger one, anyways, amirite?) to the geographic center of the country:  Butte County, SD.  It already has a federal monument & everything.

It's also not far from Pine Ridge; close enough that it was probably theirs, in the Ft.Laramie treaty. I'd oppose that location, on those grounds.

But the idea of relocating the seat of the Federal Government to somewhere more central, makes sense.  It would appeal to flyoverer pride... 

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

It worked for Trump... apparently those china trade war subsidies worked out 40% of farm income this year?  Too lazy to look it up right now, just got off work.   

The problem is selling it.  It was originally a RW idea... but so was Obamacare.

Maybe we should offer to move the Capitol (we'll need a new, bigger one, anyways, amirite?) to the geographic center of the country:  Butte County, SD.  It already has a federal monument & everything.

It's also not far from Pine Ridge; close enough that it was probably theirs, in the Ft.Laramie treaty. I'd oppose that location, on those grounds.

But the idea of relocating the seat of the Federal Government to somewhere more central, makes sense.  It would appeal to flyoverer pride... 

Who will get the RR contract through Rock Ridge?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

Not necessary to move the Capitol, remote working has become more mainstream.  Just have the new Rep's state in their home states for a year and work remotely, then switch. More EC votes, Congress critters are within arms reach of their constituents, cheaper to maintain. Of course, the next census would shift the apportionment to the more populated states after the next census but everything in politics is a mixed bag.

11 hours ago, Ishmael said:

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

@Doggy Style!

Blaming the president for pandemic deaths has been going on here for months (see Gov's inane thread) without any objection from you or your ilk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Blaming the president for pandemic deaths has been going on here for months (see Gov's inane thread) without any objection from you or your ilk.

Seems the hypocrites don't like the taste their own medicine. Funny how that works!

UCMTSU.. :D  

21 hours ago, Sean said:

this 

1 hour ago, Dog said:

The President's lies about the severity of the virus, and months of inaction, certainly contributed to the death toll.  But, you only see fault in Governors.

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The President's lies about the severity of the virus, and months of inaction, certainly contributed to the death toll.  But, you only see fault in Governors.

I'm not aware of these "months of inaction". Which months were they?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

None so blind as those that refuse to see. Or something

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

None so blind as those that refuse to see

: : "There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know. The proverb has been traced back in English to 1546 (John Heywood)

1 minute ago, Dog said:

You're not aware of a lot of things.

Once he got done applying an ineffective travel ban, denying the seriousness of the pandemic, discouraging mask-wearing, accusing Fauci of lying, stripping actual scientists away from the CDC, demanding that governors 'be nice to him' if they want Federal assistance, and giving away billions of dollars to drug companies so they could then produce 10% of the vaccine they promised (which is why we're running out now), what did Trump do for the other 11 months of the pandemic?

Oh yeah, he held a bunch of super-spreader events and called the virus a hoax.

Good going, huh? But hardly a full schedule for a busy & capable President.

- DSK

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Once he got done applying an ineffective travel ban, denying the seriousness of the pandemic, discouraging mask-wearing, accusing Fauci of lying, stripping actual scientists away from the CDC, demanding that governors 'be nice to him' if they want Federal assistance, and giving away billions of dollars to drug companies so they could then produce 10% of the vaccine they promised (which is why we're running out now), what did Trump do for the other 11 months of the pandemic?

- DSK

Would you mind citing where he called the virus a hoax, in context please.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Only feels good when you stop 

beating your head against a brick wall .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

None so blind as those that refuse to see. Or something

You have the Hitchens quote wrong. Fix that please, it makes no sense the way you have it.

10 minutes ago, Dog said:
14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

You request a detailing of the months of inaction by the President.  Such is provided.

So, you naturally try to steer the conversation in another direction.

How utterly predictable.

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You request a detailing of the months of inaction by the President.  Such is provided.

How utterly predictable.

he's a perfect Patriot Party member..........

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

How utterly predictable.

No it has not been provided because you made it up. They don't exist.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

They don't exist.

Biden inheriting nonexistent coronavirus vaccine distribution plan and must start 'from scratch,' sources say

"There is nothing for us to rework. We are going to have to build everything from scratch," one source said.

Another source described the moment that it became clear the Biden administration would have to essentially start from "square one" because there simply was no plan as: "Wow, just further affirmation of complete incompetence."

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/biden-covid-vaccination-trump/index.html?sr=twCNN012121biden-covid-vaccination-trump0749AMVODtop

Another party could truly mean the end of a relevant GOP for the 2024 presidential election if Trump is allowed to run again. The current GOP have to get rid of him. No?

good to see the Patriot party is alive and well;

wanted to be part of the Patriot Party, join supporters of Trump, y’know?” Mark Leggiero told NBC News. “I find myself kind of by myself out here.”

Trump supporter Mark Leggiero, of Florida, N.Y., holds a banner outside the New York state Capitol objecting to the inaugurat
AP PHOTO/HANS PENNINK
Trump supporter Mark Leggiero, of Florida, N.Y., holds a banner outside the New York state Capitol objecting to the inauguration of President Joe Biden on Wednesday.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dog said:

Oh, you're right, sorry.... Trump specifically called it a Democrat hoax, several times.

Do facts really hurt when you're a lying fascist scumbag? There is a way to stop the pain.

- DSK

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Oh, you're right, sorry.... Trump specifically called it a Democrat hoax, several times.

Do facts really hurt when you're a lying fascist scumbag? There is a way to stop the pain.

- DSK

That's better, you're welcome.

"What we're inheriting from the Trump administration—what we're getting—is so much worse than we could have imagined," Jeff Zients, Biden's COVID-19 czar, told Newsweek and other reporters this week.

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-covid-19-czar-post-trump-supply-shortage-worse-expected-1563241

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

That's better, you're welcome.

Feel free to give us your thoughts on the SAFE Act, any time. As somebody who claims to be concerned about "election security" this should be important enough to give a meaningful answer. Of course, you could have answered any of the first 15 times I asked, instead of running away.....

- DSK

21 minutes ago, Mid said:

Biden inheriting nonexistent coronavirus vaccine distribution plan and must start 'from scratch,' sources say

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/biden-covid-vaccination-trump/index.html?sr=twCNN012121biden-covid-vaccination-trump0749AMVODtop

I think I called this back in may...  

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

Non-responsive.

Only due to your admitted aversion to reading.

I provided you with a link containing more than 5 million results of a Google search of "trump inaction covid", as you wanted evidence of such. 

You simply refuse to educate yourself.

1 hour ago, dacapo said:

he's a perfect Patriot Pity Party member..........

FTFY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

good to see the Patriot party is alive and well;

wanted to be part of the Patriot Party, join supporters of Trump, y’know?” Mark Leggiero told NBC News. “I find myself kind of by myself out here.”

Trump supporter Mark Leggiero, of Florida, N.Y., holds a banner outside the New York state Capitol objecting to the inaugurat

AP PHOTO/HANS PENNINK

Trump supporter Mark Leggiero, of Florida, N.Y., holds a banner outside the New York state Capitol objecting to the inauguration of President Joe Biden on Wednesday.

Pity Party indeed.

1 hour ago, dacapo said:

he's a perfect Patriot Party member..........

He's a perfect member of the Waste Your Time Party. 

Fuck off Dog, I'm not playing your games. 

Liar. 

• Like 1