Sign in to follow this  
Blackadder

Shitty Question J 100 Y valve

Someone, probably the rigger who loaded out the forepeak with rigging, snapped off the y valve handle from the head overboard/tank discharge for my 2006 J 100.

So, the yard says they have to completely take apart the sink/top to get to it, many hundreds $$ so I wondered if anyone knew what the part make and number was,, and if you could get to it to replace just the handle..

They can’t access from the little door under the sink? If not, I would just cut out the valve from the wall and mount the new one on a piece of starboard or thin fiberglass sheet(gelcoat white) bigger than original cutout and screw it (the new valve) back on with some finishing washers and screws to make it look Stock. Will be easier to access if it breaks again and no structural compromise. 

You are just replacing the handle?  Pop off the cap in the middle reach from under the sink with some vice grips, clamp it on to the nut and unscrew the handle off from the front.  If you are not pulling off the hoses, that should not be too tough.