• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Heaven can wait

Sailing Anarchists Affected by Cancer

Catherine, just found out about this a minute ago & sent you a text, but regardless, Team Mariachi is just fuking floored right now. Shit shit shit shit. But please think good thoughts, put your frickin regatta face on, and as the Nursetta just told me to tell you, 'Just Honey Badger the fuck out this!' You can do it, Gurl----we frickin know you can.

All our love,

Rick & Family

Catherine,

My dearest friend, when he had advanced melanoma, began passing out buttons that read "This is not a dress rehearsal. Enjoy life." I look at mine often. As I age, I understand it better than I once did, but it's still a remarkably elusive lesson.

I'm so sorry that you're having all of this crammed down your throat. That seems wildly unfair. You have a huge crowd of people sending you our hopes, our best wishes, and our affection.

Dear MSG, We're thinking of you here and hoping for the best. Hang in there. Long ago I think you invited me back East for a round of cooterball, and I foolishly didn't take you up on it. After you are better I think I should hold you to it after all -- I'll be buying the drinks.

David

MSG,

Remembering that you brought Clean, Mer, JC, Petey and myself countless Red Bulls in Boston, I figured that I should offer up something in return to help you through this. If you do go the route of Chemo, somewhere around here (NorCal), I've heard that there's a natural appetite stimulant that basically grows wild. I've heard at least, could be rumor. I'll investigate said rumor, and make sure that you're plenty taken care of!

Sheet in hard, haul ass! You'll lay the mark!

Getting your guts cut is no fun. Our prayers are with you.

I went through a similar surgery as MSG this summer, 6 cm tumor on my transverse colon. Lost my entire ascending colon and about half the transverse back in July. Mine was benign. Before the surgery when everyone thought it was cancer, I found myself strangely at peace. I really think it was all those people praying for me that gave such peace. I pray that you'll experience the same thing I did.

Just found out. Floored.

Catherine, cancer CAN BE BEATEN!!! As has been said, your attitude is key. Yes, this is a kick in the teeth, deal with the initial shock as best as you can, then get your wits about you and kick it right back! You can do this!

Sending you the love from me and my family.

Catherine,

Am wearing my Bob shirt thinking of you.

Looking forward, here is some research a friend of mine in your shitty pin end line up found worked.

Read when you are ready.

http://health.centreforce.com/health/laetrile.html

http://www.tjsupply.com/category2_1.html?gclid=CKPN27LfiKsCFWFU4godrGSJ2A

http://www.apricotseeds.com.au/garrys-story4.html

http://www.b17.com.au/copy.asp?sect=q1&page=whatis

Since the last bitch dumped me, all my love and thoughts is yours.

Chin up,

Ad

P.S; do I need to do a tits out shot to get you a giggle?

Giddy-app MSG and take on this battle and swing the sword as hard as you can every day.

Here's a little tip - The nurses are the eye, ears, and everything else for the doctors. They are the ones there 24/7. The doctors rarely spend any time with you, and do not watch what is going on. You sure don't want them to close an ear or look the other way if you are beating on them. They are your best chances. Doctors just spend a little time cutting, the nurses are there always.

Giddy-app MSG and take on this battle and swing the sword as hard as you can every day.

Here's a little tip - The nurses are the eye, ears, and everything else for the doctors. They are the ones there 24/7. The doctors rarely spend any time with you, and do not watch what is going on. You sure don't want them to close an ear or look the other way if you are beating on them. They are your best chances. Doctors just spend a little time cutting, the nurses are there always.

+1 Well said and very true

Came looking for this thread this AM, and found it right on top, damn it. Had to log in with this username so you could see the sig Catherine. You certainly strike me the type to adopt the "Fuck cancer!" mantra. Just remember that YOU get to choose HOW you LIVE, cancer cannot entirely take that away. That was the best advice we got in the ICU.

Know that EVERYONE here is on your side, it made an enormous difference in my life when the Pebble was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 27 months of age. It's a great place to unload and feel nothing but love and compassion. This is a truly special little corner of SA, possibly its only redeeming value! tongue.gif

One thing I've observed consistently in this thread is the ying and yang of it, so here's some happy news for you- 3 years, 8 months ago, we nearly lost the Pebble. Then he couldn't walk as a result of his surgery. Feeling SO fortunate to have the opportunity to drop him off as a normal kid in his neighborhood school for the first day of Kindergarten. Look at him now!

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

And BTW, fuck statistics too. He's not a statistic and neither are you. Survival is binary, it's yes or no. Don't waste your time and energy worrying about statistics and odds.

Catherine - I was just pointed in the direction of this thread and floored by the bad news. I am thinking of you, and keeping my fingers crossed. Lots of great advice from lots of people here. Stay positive - we are all rooting for you.

Michael

RockHead, Thanks for the pictures! I was praying for you and your son as you where going through your hike through hell. It is nice to see a happy little boy off to school. May Cancer be a thing of memories for you.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way. Never give up!

i am in hospital high on morphine and should find out tomorrow if i am In THe Club. i am really struggling. cancerous lesions/possible tumor on sigmoid colon and lesions on my liver., i am really scared right now and really want to just go home. freaked out. there will be bioposies and chemo and surgery. i need to harden the fuck up.

Catherine -

All the mojo and good thoughts I can muster are headed your way - hang tough, sweetheart.

AGITC

MSG,

Team RockIt is 100% rooting for you - kick its ass baby!

Catherine, so sorry to hear about your state of being.

I hope you pull through the surgery well, and they get every molecule of this crap out of you.

Heal well...my thoughts are with you.

<3 hugs <3

Catherine, I just found out about this (thanks Snaggy) and I'm absolutely shocked and ripped up that you're in the crosshairs right this second. If I could road trip it up to the 'ville I'd be there in a second hanging out and yelling at orderlies with you. Just know that the old man, myself and everyone in your life who knows and loves you are sending our love.

It's a cruel irony that those among us who are the most full of life are the ones who have that life threatened.

Love,

Wes Bemus

This thread needs some Zappa.......

Hmmm, either that or more cowbell.

MSG, sending good thoughts your way from Poland. Hell, if it will help I'll send vodka too.

MSG

My sincere best wishes . You can get through it . stay positive .

Several have given you good advice , get some help , above all don't be afraid to ask for help either .

The doctors may give you options on treatments so you will need to contact others who have been through it or get expert opinions . Usually there are local cancer support groups , Your doc and hospital should have info on them . You need to read up on the type of cancer you have as much as possible --as difficult and mind numbing as that is .

As others noted the hardest thing is trying to think straight ,you will run through the gambit of emotions also --everyone does each in their own way .

We never agreed on politics but that doesn't seem very important these days ,stay mentally strong --YOU CAN BEAT IT --millions of people have and continue to . YOU WILL TOO !!

all the best

Carl Roberts

MSG from the Southern most corner West edge of the environment /

Sending Positive Thoughts and Vibes

Be sure to leave a note for the surgeon advising that Not all Sharpie lines are procedure related B)

Can't wait for your 100% recovery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSG from the Southern most corner West edge of the environment /

Sending Positive Thoughts and Vibes

Be sure to leave a note for the surgeon advising that Not all Sharpie lines are procedure related B)

Can't wait for your 100% recovery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your best line of the year, Woody. WFD...... :P

Get better MSG. Stay positive, surround yourself with stuff that makes you laugh, don't let any negative thoughts occupy time or space in your noggin.

My Dad was recently diagnosed w pancreatic cancer. He is 78 years old. Sailing has been a huge part of his life.

The Navy and his family kept him from sailing more for a while, then, later in life he got a corsair F-24. Even though he has not been feeling well this year, I think he has logged on over 400 miles this year in short trips.

Here is a video we put together. The day before this was taken, because of the Chemo, he did not get out of his chair.

The video starts slow and picks up.

He comes to work in our family business everyday.

We go sailing any day he feels up to it.

I hope this video is inspiring to those who are having a bad day. You never know when your next day can be really good.

A little Karen Carpenter for our MSG

well since she's looped on drugs and prob won't notice the dif

this one's better..ha ha.. <3 to you girl..i started a bonfire in your honor

A little Karen Carpenter for our MSG

well since she's looped on drugs and prob won't notice the dif

this one's better..ha ha.. <3 to you girl..i started a bonfire in your honor

Uhm...Pips? We're kinda all hoping that she gets better...... :lol:

Uhm...Pips? We're kinda all hoping that she gets better...... :lol:

you don't have to die here to get a bonfire. or the muppets.. its rake time here westy..and it's a shame to let a good tune like that just go to waste... :D

here's your fire hon. i could burn down the planet right now your news makes me so mad.

carry on..kick ass.

pyrotherapy, thumbs up:

i1jz46.jpg

Kick its ass MSG, that way you can once again you can add to our constant conversations in GA.

I'll be prayin for ya......

Shit!

Just came back on from the weekend to find this.

Catherine, I know more cancer survivors than friends and family I have lost to the little c. Kick it's ass girl.

Wife and I are in your corner, and what Surf City said, California's best coming your way if you want / need it.

Just pm.

Rick N.

Swore off posting a year ago.......I put that aside for you girlfriend.

You Catherine are The Eyes of the World.

Your timing....is perfect. Welcome back, Sir.......

Life Sucks, Then We Die

In Between we Try to Go Sailing

This phrase, has helped more than once................... B)

If I can hold on to what is left.......................anyone can. ;)

I hate looking at those walls. Thinking about getting out, stuck in a bed. You can do this girl. You will get out of there....The sky will be blue for you again. You will feel the warm sun...

You can do this girl...

YES YOU CAN!

Dear MSG

Big Hugs and Best Wishes.

Figured you probably had tons of flowers and stuff by now,

So we got you these puppies ;)

pup.JPG

Good thing it was puppies. I hear she's hell on kittens...

Dear MSG

Big Hugs and Best Wishes.

Figured you probably had tons of flowers and stuff by now,

So we got you these puppies ;)

post-24086-039210700 1315365131_thumb.jpg

Good thing it was puppies. I hear she's hell on kittens...

I remember what Catherine did to US battery supplies in '07. Not a "C" cell in the country.

Tough year for kittens.....

My Dad was recently diagnosed w pancreatic cancer. He is 78 years old. Sailing has been a huge part of his life.

The Navy and his family kept him from sailing more for a while, then, later in life he got a corsair F-24. Even though he has not been feeling well this year, I think he has logged on over 400 miles this year in short trips.

Here is a video we put together. The day before this was taken, because of the Chemo, he did not get out of his chair.

The video starts slow and picks up.

He comes to work in our family business everyday.

We go sailing any day he feels up to it.

I hope this video is inspiring to those who are having a bad day. You never know when your next day can be really good.

Not just for those having a bad day. The smile on your dad's face when he's up on the windward ama is one of the best things ever! Great job, keep him sailing (for both of you). I guarantee those days will be etched in your memory forever.

BTW, pancreatic cancer took one of my best mates, far too young (early 40's), after he survived testicular cancer (early 30's).

All my prayers are with you, Catherine.

I'll pass it on around to everyone tonight at the first Wednesday Social. I know the prayer mojo will be strong coming out of Corpus.

Stay the course, and know that everyone is pulling for you...

TT

Hang in Catherine!!! We are all pulling for you! Regatta Dog has promised to drag me to next Providence Boat Show to autograph you with a sharpie, and you better be there!! :-)

The update is this and it sucks: they are doing surgery tomorrow or the next day to remove the tumor in my sigmoid colon. They will re-section if they can, otherwise I get a bag. Surgeon said he'd eat his stethsoscope if it wasn't cancerous. That's a priority b/c if it ruptures, I am dead. An additional 5-7 day hospital stay after the surgery.

My liver. My liver has 70-90% coverage of lesions per the CT that they don't know what they are (pending bioposies, after the surgery) If cancerous, which it probably is, it is too far gone to save. Some chemo and I probably have 18-24 months. Maybe.

That's all she wrote.

Don't believe the negative.  Embrace the positive.  You can beat this, I know many who have.

Sending all the Cowbell I can to you.

-MC

Thanks for the update - as difficult news as it might be. Two quick reactions:

•  
  • Beat the odds and prove them wrong. No matter how hard and difficult the prognosis, do not stop fighting. The outcome is still unclear if you fight this thing, but if you give up the outcome is certain.
  • Make every day and every month count. If there is anything that any of us can do to help with that, all you have to do is ask.

The update is this and it sucks: they are doing surgery tomorrow or the next day to remove the tumor in my sigmoid colon. They will re-section if they can, otherwise I get a bag. Surgeon said he'd eat his stethsoscope if it wasn't cancerous. That's a priority b/c if it ruptures, I am dead. An additional 5-7 day hospital stay after the surgery.

My liver. My liver has 70-90% coverage of lesions per the CT that they don't know what they are (pending bioposies, after the surgery) If cancerous, which it probably is, it is too far gone to save. Some chemo and I probably have 18-24 months. Maybe.

That's all she wrote.

I had a colon tumor, but it wasn't as far along as yours, so I was a successful re-section. Some lymph nodes will also be removed. As long as it's one tumor, I don't understand why you couldn't be re-sectioned.

What's this shit about the liver though? You're young and otherwise healthy, can't you get put onto a transplant list once the tumor is removed?

I can't do it. I am yelling and screaming at everyone to get the fuck awya from me. I. Just. Can;t.

Yes. You. Can. And you goddamn well better do it. Don't make me have to go to the East Coast again, or there'll be hell to pay!......

I can't do it. I am yelling and screaming at everyone to get the fuck awya from me. I. Just. Can;t.

Go ahead and yell and scream. Take a couple of days and get it all out of your system. Then regroup, harden the fuck up and fight this thing with everything that you have.

Be patient with yourself, girl. You have every right to feel angry and overwhelmed right now after the events of the past few days.

It's easier said than done, but try to focus on taking care of your spirit while letting the medical team take care of your body.

This thread is full of people who beat the odds, so don't count yourself out.

Pulling for you hard, and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there! Someone mentioned getting on a liver doner list. Have you discussed this with th Drs?

You know we are all thinking of you and pulling for you. Kick this monsters ass!

Hang in there! Someone mentioned getting on a liver doner list. Have you discussed this with th Drs?

You know we are all thinking of you and pulling for you. Kick this monsters ass!

Every time you're feeling frustrated, exhausted, anything, you know you can turn here and vent and without negative consequences.

I'm sure I couldn't imagine how it feels, but I am sure that you're stronger than this. You can get through it.

Hang in there Catherine. You CAN do this. I know you can. Go ahead and vent. No matter what you do, I am certain the folks there have seen worse. Nothing you can do could be so offensive to any of the five senses to get you in any real trouble. Show them your love....

For those of you on FB who would like to unload, there is a great group named "Hey Cancer, FUCK You". I recommend it.

Fuck that, you damn well can do it. It's too early to just sit down and quit. You can't just spend the next 18-24 months sitting around, waiting for the end. You're going to get the tumor removed from your colon to get rid of any liver-external cancer, and then you're going to fight to keep your liver going while you get on a donor list for a replacement.

Look, the initial diagnosis always sounds like a death sentence. Many doctors are very smart but have awful people skills and they tend to leave you sitting there with unanswered questions spinning in your brain. They haven't been inside of you yet. This isn't over yet. Don't be afraid to switch doctors if you feel that yours is a fuckwit or a quitter.