• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heaven can wait

Sailing Anarchists Affected by Cancer

3,252 posts in this topic

I am wishing you the very best Cathrine - no distrespect at all. But...

You think cancer is a problem - huh! If I were hanging by my last thread I sure as fuck wouldn't be wasting a moment posting on sailing anarchy. If this is all you've got in life - god help you - cancer is not your problem.

When you get all better from this bullshit - add a few things to your list of important shit. This way, when you really get close to the end, you won't be wasting your time with the likes of idiots who hang out here.

Godspeed - and all that other crap people are supposed to say at times like these when shit is hitting the fan.

it would probably not surprise any of you that this is a sock puppet of a douche who has pulled this sorry ass act a number of times. never gets old, eh joe?

Joe eh? Looks like we have a winner in the name the bag comp.

How about a one time relaxation on the no outing rule ed?

Professor aka MSG

I have in the past sort of avoided the cancer thread. I've lost two friends to cancer this year and was not to inclined to "peek" in the thread. I just couldn't help notice the thread always being on top. When I finally went in and saw that the conversation was about MSG. I was floored.

Professor aka MSG, I am so happy that you made it through the operation and I am keeping my fingers crossed for all the pathology reports. FWIW, My father in law had the same exact procedure for a stage 4 tumor. That was NINE years ago. Yes, he has to wear a bag - they took out a lot. He can still eat a ton of barbecue, although I think he may have to change to the "magnum" bags. Has not slowed him down at all.

You take your time and recover in the best way so you can continue creating mayhem. We love you.

yay...catherine's friend daniel has beeen posting facebook updates...he says we can copy and paste...i am a spaz on the new phone so sol's gonna do it. :)

Lots of love,

Shaun and Family.

Nice to see you again HcW

I think this thread has brought a lot of us back to SA again.

Many of us don't come here frequently anymore, if at all.

This thread, like a lot of them, took a nasty turn for a page or two. I'd like to help bring it back around by reiterating what Bowgirl pointed out. There are a lot of name I haven't seen for awhile posting to let you know they are thinking about you. They care and want only the absolute best for you. I want you to know I am also among them. Although we have never met (YET!) I have been following the events and anxiously awaiting each update and cheering every little step in a positive direction.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and all the best for the future.

Lakeboy

2prigzq.jpg

Catherine gets a visit from Scotch the therapy dog. He is a big mellow mush! Best part of the day!!

From Catherine's friend Dan.

From Catherine's friend Dan:

Sunday 2am.....

Heather, who Catherine just called "the nicest nurse I've ever met" came by and finally took off the tape that was holding the hose in her nose. It had been driving her nuts with the abrasion and her allergies to skin adhesives(such as the ones on nicotine patches) and all so Heather removed it, cleaned the nose and replaced it with a stick strip that wasnt the usual tape but more like the stickers we used to use to label cassette tapes. [You youngsters may have to look up cassettes on wikipedia...] She also gave her a dose of adavan- my personal favorite time of night. usually means a good solid nap for an hour or two or more... Yay for adavan. Where's mine is what i wanna know....?

More from Dan:

NEW ROOM as of 12am... They moved her to 6217 which is a private room a little nicer and roomier. I want to say thanks to all who sent flowers! That is filling the room up nicely with some color. I have a busy day tomorrow but I will be back here tomorrow night. I think some art and photos for the wall would be great and she said her favorite animals are Hippos and Horses so I thought i'd get some shots of those to hang up. Also, favorite flowrs include lilacs and orchids. Anyone wants to send some stuff for the wall would be great!! Art, photos of you and her, photos of hippos- horses- flowers- sailing races-(I'm looking at you sailing anarchists!!) etc really anything that would brighten the room but please no sad clown tackiness. LOL. You know what I mean...

and another.

She is likely to be here for a bunch more days so its never too late to hit the mailbox y'all.

Okay, thats my pitch. Again, huge thanks for everyones love and support be it flowers, gifts, calls, emails, prayers and kind words. Its ALL deeply appreciated!

I'm heading out of here in the middle of the night to head home- 2 hours south- got work to do but I will return tomorrow night to spend the night here again. And every night after that if neccessary... Same is true for when she goes home. I'm in this for the long haul and have been since we met and first fell in love in 1987... Holy shit what a road.... heheh.

So, yes she is in good company and has many loved ones. Sometimes she is totally up for visits and others not but please dont let that discourage you from coming by. Her one request: leave the kids at home. Nieces and nephews might be the exception, probably are, but maybe a call first to check? Use yer judgement....

2prigzq.jpg

Catherine gets a visit from Scotch the therapy dog. He is a big mellow mush! Best part of the day!!

That is awesome; looking good C!

I guess they confiscated the sharpies......

MSG, keep on trucking! And what conversation were you and the dog having "I'm Scotch - do you prefer me on the rocks or straight up?"

2prigzq.jpg

Fantastic image and wonderful to see our girl looking good!!

Hang in there Catherine.

PS - hospital mint green in NOT one of your colours girlfriend.

2prigzq.jpg

Thanks, Sol... That's AWESOME, Fantastic! Made my day and brightened up my Sunday!

On the way to recovery.

Cheers MSG... XOs and Love.

LZ

I am wishing you the very best Cathrine - no distrespect at all. But...

You think cancer is a problem - huh! If I were hanging by my last thread I sure as fuck wouldn't be wasting a moment posting on sailing anarchy. If this is all you've got in life - god help you - cancer is not your problem.

When you get all better from this bullshit - add a few things to your list of important shit. This way, when you really get close to the end, you won't be wasting your time with the likes of idiots who hang out here.

Godspeed - and all that other crap people are supposed to say at times like these when shit is hitting the fan.

it would probably not surprise any of you that this is a sock puppet of a douche who has pulled this sorry ass act a number of times. never gets old, eh joe?

So flick the loser Ed! There's no room for this kind of negative BS in this thread.

Dan,

What can I sdy, you are the man!

Thanks for offering the support for Catherine.

Thinking of 9/11 this morning but I quickly came in and went to this thread for updates. Great to see MSG and Scotch together.

Kick it girl.

Rick

Also, don't flick the dick, out him!

Road trip and party afterwards.

there are a couple of guys in the french quarter who are training some mini horses for therapy animals. too far to bring them in person but maybe i can get a photo of them.

2prigzq.jpg

Thanks Sol.

May I point out that if everyone just replies to this one with a quote, we will soon be on a scum-free new page, and can work on not quoting any scum to keep it that way.

/editorial suggestion

there are a couple of guys in the french quarter who are training some mini horses for therapy animals. too far to bring them in person but maybe i can get a photo of them.

My little bloke sends emoticons (he's a foreigner)

01092011676.jpg

Saki the Blunder Dog says Hi as well, Catherine.....

Landersroadtrip1-23-2011178.jpg

So does Luke the Cowdog, but I'm thinking a baby pic would be best.

lukecloseup.jpg

See what happens when they grow up?

luke-tongue.jpg

So does Luke the Cowdog, but I'm thinking a baby pic would be best.

lukecloseup.jpg

See what happens when they grow up?

luke-tongue.jpg

Let me guess----your backyard is gator free?....

Let me guess----your backyard is gator free?....

Not at all. I have Gator the neighbor dog over here all the time, and about 6 acres of my back yard is swamp, accessible only by airboat or swamp machine. I'm pretty sure some big ones live back there.

Here ya go, greetings from the whole pack, including Gator in the foreground.

dogpile.jpg

Great to see

Once the farting is fluent & the juice stays down & comes out the right way the "hose in the nose" is the next thing to go

Hi ms C.

this room and the girls (ally and bailey) await ya! just sayin

AllyBailey.jpg

Great to see

Once the farting is fluent & the juice stays down & comes out the right way the "hose in the nose" is the next thing to go

Hang in there MSG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSG,

Hope you make a great recovery.

Put this one on your list of things you have to do.

The Humpback calf is about 5 meters long.

Philc.

post-2869-075767700 1315783774_thumb.jpg

Thank you everyone. I had a big day. Going night-night surrounded by the love here.

Thank you everyone. I had a big day. Going night-night surrounded by the love here.

Nothing beats even the briefest first hand comment.

That really brightened my shit day. Thank You!

Sleep well and wake up strong tomorrow. Every day is a step forward, no matter how small, towards kicking cancer's ass.

2prigzq.jpg

Go the Scotch!

2prigzq.jpg

Go the Scotch!

I'll drink to that......

Keep kickin' it Catherine,wishing you the best. Hippos, horses farts, sailboats and food.

Foggy

More updates from Dan this morning.

Hey Y'all!

Another night gone. The sun rises on post-op day 4...

How about that incredible full moon last night? Powerful stuff...

And speaking of powerful stuff, Catherines friends on sailinganarchy.com have totally won my heart! There is an endless thread on their discussion board of everyone pouring on the love! I've been reading it for two days and I am still only on sept 7th... Long long thread o' love!! Thank you folks so much!

EXCELLENT BREAKING NEWS:

Catherine just broke wind! Hee hee! That is actually the big milestone we've been waiting for! I know its funny, feel free to laugh...

But the truth is thats a FANTASTIC sign! It means her bowels are waking up and coming back to life and action and it means she will soon get juices and then FOOD! YAAAYYYY! She has been(still is) soooo hungry!

Yesterday her catheter was removed. Another great sign. Next will be the nose hose that she hates and also cant wait to see in her rearview mirror.

[Hmmm... do boats have rearview mirrors??]

So, yeah folks, give a cheer and do the happy dance! Big progress everyday! I'm so proud of her bcuz even tho she likes to say "I cant do this", she knows its bullshit and then she does it anyway...

Yes it was another long uncomfortable night but she gets up to go to bathroom, walks the hall, rolls over on her side etc ALL things she could not do for the preceding 72 hours atleast!

Awesome news Sol!!

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Way to go Catherine!! Keep on farting :-)

Awesome news Sol!!

I'm just copying what Dan puts on Catherine's Facebook wall. He's doing the heavy lifting....

Oh my. Just read the thread! I wish you well MSG. Remember it's a marathon not a sprint. Each little victory is actually part of the big one.

GO THE CATHERINE!! And huge thanks to David who is also doing the super-human effort to be by her side while keeping his job etc going. No small effort on 3-5 hr sleep per night. Hat's off to David, and a round of juice for everyone in celebration of MSG making noise ;)

I've got that song "Raise a little hell" going through my mind when I think of MSG ...keep at it girlfriend!

GO THE CATHERINE!! And huge thanks to David who is also doing the super-human effort to be by her side while keeping his job etc going. No small effort on 3-5 hr sleep per night. Hat's off to David, and a round of juice for everyone in celebration of MSG making noise ;)

I've got that song "Raise a little hell" going through my mind when I think of MSG ...keep at it girlfriend!

Such good news! Go the Catherine!

cyanide-happiness-comic-dance-4640_preview.gif

Now we're talking.

Kick it once for me today Catherine.

Keep it going.

Awesome news Sol!!

I'm just copying what Dan puts on Catherine's Facebook wall. He's doing the heavy lifting....

Dan with the guitar? Cheers to both of you. Thanks

Little more puppy love for ya MSG.....4 weeks no name yet ('cause we ain't keeping it DAMNIT!! kids :P)...

Puuppy4weeks.jpg

Today is a very productive day. The farting continues, a couple laps in the hall, nose tube has been removed, and even got her outside for a little sunshine. The dr.s want to start feeding her broth and fluids today. Her moods ebb and flow, and the pain is intense, every movement is exhausting, but her spirit is strong, and she is not a quitter. They just took her downstairs for an ultrasound.

Everyones encouragement means so much to her, which she does read, whether or not she responds.

It is wonderful to see the daily progress. At this pace she may be going home by weeks end.

Stay tuned,

Thirdworld

Great News to start a Monday! MSG you have been on my mind all weekend and in my prayers at mass. Sounds like your body is doing all the right things. As a child we had a cheer at camp. It was Wasste, Wasste, Lilly Wasste. It meant Good, Good, Very Good. So, here is a big Wasste for you!

Today is a very productive day. The farting continues, a couple laps in the hall, nose tube has been removed, and even got her outside for a little sunshine. The dr.s want to start feeding her broth and fluids today. Her moods ebb and flow, and the pain is intense, every movement is exhausting, but her spirit is strong, and she is not a quitter. They just took her downstairs for an ultrasound.

Everyones encouragement means so much to her, which she does read, whether or not she responds.

It is wonderful to see the daily progress. At this pace she may be going home by weeks end.

Stay tuned,

Thirdworld

Xlnt gnus. But have her folks figured out yet what we're all about over here?.....

Embarrassingly, this is not the first time I have cheered farting.

It is probably the first time I was not wrong to do it.

More puppy lovin'; she says "My fur grew back; yours will, too."

Let me guess....a Brazilian pit?....

Something for the dog lover with a Jesus collection:

dogtivity.jpg

And some mints are always good.

testamints.jpg

Catherine - Great to hear you're on the mend.

You asked for pictures of hippos - here's a 1 week old hippo baby:

04454512416803994948.jpg

FYI - When nature calls for a hippo, they rise up out of the water, twirl their tails as fast as they can, and quite literally let things fly.

Let it fly girl. Let it fly.

Catherine, no words that haven't already been said. But I check back here a couple hours a day, and cried a bit when I read the diagnosis, then cried a bit when you came through surgery fine. Keep plugging, and if you are ever in the PNW, you know you have a place to stay and sail. Kathleen

Congrats on the flatulence.

First time in my life I've ever wished a feart attack upon someone.....

Something for the dog lover with a Jesus collection:

dogtivity.jpg

And some mints are always good.

testamints.jpg

lastsupper_Din.Drinks.High.Andy.jpg

Is this the right address to the hospital?

St. Peters Hospital

315 South Manning Blvd.

Albany, gNuw York

Thanks!

Is this the right address to the hospital?

St. Peters Hospital

315 South Manning Blvd.

Albany, gNuw York

Thanks!

Oui si......

Before you know it, you are going to be asking for someone to bring you lunch in your Last Supper Lunchbox:

qqzwgg.jpg

Enjoy your lunch, while you watch the birds hanging out at your Bird House of Worship:

2wofzgl.jpg

No dog, but the Dude abides, taking a break from roofing to show you some love.

Dude.jpg

My signature line and also my mantra for life.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"

Kick it.

Apparently Lilacs are totally out of season right now......

But they do have Orchids! ;)

Congrats on the flatulence.

First time in my life I've ever wished a feart attack upon someone.....

12910999.jpg

guess it would be better than a raccoon attack

Q Would a Raccoon Sacrifice help MSG at this point

how about some Furry Raccoon slippers or a hat ???

Outstanding news!!!

Stay strong, and stay positive.

May the farts be with you.

Apparently Lilacs are totally out of season right now......

But they do have Orchids! ;)

Anything to get us off the last supper theme. 2002 was a great year for Calanthes.

calanthesmist.jpg

MSG...you're quite, too much noise? Some of us been there.... it's OK. Take care of you, cheers Win ever.

Did you ever think your farts would make grownups cheer? Or pray for more? I'll guess the answer would be 'no.'

All mine do is make my 2-year-old giggle and say 'No toot toot daddy!' To which I respond with another.

Here's to farting, healing and you getting home soon.

That was no fart.

Around here we call them "Barking Spiders".

Woof! Woof!

Outstanding news!!!

Stay strong, and stay positive.

May the farts be with you.

Mind if I borrow that?

Thanks, Mike and I love you Catherine!!!!

MSG, Catherine,

Spent the whole morning reading the thread, incredible community we have here. Haven't been on SA in a while and haven't posted in years. Looks like you bring the best (and worst jokes) out of people.

Hang in there, be strong and celebrate every small step.

Funny fart story:

The scene:

My mum got diagnosed with colon cancer in July. Due to its size (10cm diameter ball, that's 4" in funny units) she got the bag first and is now undergoing radiation and chemo before surgery in December. She has difficulty walking and has a catheter as well as her bladder is under constant strain from the C. As you will now know the bags for the solids have little vents on them with carbon capsules to absorb the smell of the inevitable farts.

The situation:

Last week she had a slight case of runny poo. Normally not a problem, but because she is horizontal all the time, the vents had blocked up. In the middle of the night she woke up my dad with the phrase: "Darling, wake up, the bag is about to explode!". My dad, being a highly skilled engineer, established that straightforward removal of the bag would have disastrous effects, so he got his DIY scalpel knife to cut a small hole in the bag to let the air out before removing it.

At 3AM dad is leant over my mum, scalpel knife in hand, reading glasses on nose, and cuts a 1 cm (0.5"...) slit in the bag... He nearly fainted when the fermenting, unfiltered and concentrated fart escaped, blow drying his face.

Conclusion:

The carbon capsules do their job, and they do it well.

Both parents spent a good couple of minutes laughing, the only way in this situation.

dsense-msg-esn-enve-crome-miami-graffiti.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

That f-ing rox dude! Did you create that per chance?

Nah, just Googled it, Never got into urban public "art" B)

BH Junky .. you had me laughing hysterically out loud on a NYC commuter train.

The other passengers almost jumped me out of fear!!

:lol:

dsense-msg-esn-enve-crome-miami-graffiti.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

That f-ing rox dude! Did you create that per chance?

Nah, just Googled it, Never got into urban public "art" B)

Still...nicely found.

Everyone knows if there's a bad smell you blame the dog right ?

MSG hope yesterday was better than the day before and today will be better again. Best wishes from Georgia and me (kennel club name Jambalaya, we're not very imaginative round here).

post-3223-030113900 1315921157_thumb.jpg

Enjoy your lunch, while you watch the birds hanging out at your Bird House of Worship:

2wofzgl.jpg

Is Jesus Gordon Lightfoot or Barry Gibb?(or maybe Polyphemus?)

gordon%20lightfoot.jpgbarry_gibb.jpg

I also had Big J pegged for Lonsdales, (not a Panatella kinda guy...)

"Thou shalt not poop in my beard...or on my cigar, for that matter"

Sounds like things are progressing in a positive manner? Great news!

GO THE CATHERINE!!!

XXOO

Is Jesus Gordon Lightfoot or Barry Gibb?(or maybe Polyphemus?)

gordon%20lightfoot.jpgbarry_gibb.jpg

I also had Big J pegged for Lonsdales, (not a Panatella kinda guy...)

"Thou shalt not poop in my beard...or on my cigar, for that matter"

Where is Jesus?

Jesus.jpg

Hang in there C.

Keep going MSG. Concentrate only on "the six inches in front of yer face!"

Benji the trainee guide dog says Hi (and GTF away from my dinner!)

BS

Benji.jpg

Oh boy, is that a loaded comment. Would that be six man inches or six woman inches?

This thread has had it's place in the spotlight off and on for the last six years. I'll be seeing HCW himself in less than 3 weeks when I return to OZ, which will bring it back full circle for me. No reason the thread can't remain bumped to the top for Catherine!

Sharing positive energy is very real. I'm sending even more of my own your way today!

;)

have a look at this cutie

Oh boy, is that a loaded comment. Would that be six man inches or six woman inches?

Em, those would be six Pacino inches Sol, as in

Satisfy my curiosity; I know that 6 man inches equal 4 real inches, NTTAWWT. How many real inches equal 6 woman inches?

BH Junky .. you had me laughing hysterically out loud on a NYC commuter train.

The other passengers almost jumped me out of fear!!

:lol:

Bowgirl,

Thanks, I hope you weren't munching any Dorito's and sprayed a poor bystander. Can imagine laughing hysterically in NYC this month is probably not the most conductive towards friendly relationships with your fellow passengers... Everybody is a bit twitchy over there?

I badly cracked some ribs last week Monday windsurfing, so when my parents told me the story (they did the whole thing in role play!) on Tuesday I was in severe pain trying not to laugh, making the whole thing worse still.

Drifting off topic:

Go the Catherine!