Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heaven can wait

Sailing Anarchists Affected by Cancer

sol and i are sitting here in albany with her sister chris and dan and catherine is sleeping comfortably.

we are having a great visit :) i love her.

Cheers to the awesome support team! Youze guyz rock :)

They block SA at work and look what happens. MSG, we need to share a few more birthdays...c'mon girl. :)

Sol & elle..thanks for the update that Catherine is comfortable.

sol and i are sitting here in albany with her sister chris and dan and catherine is sleeping comfortably.

Awesome elle. Thx for that....

Good night Catherine. I'm a bit in my cups.

But I am thinking of you tonight.

I wish I was there to snuggle with you.

Not a sexual thing. Just a love thing.

Good night sweet thing.

Elle... you seriously rock for pulling together to solve the challenging logistics just to get there. I tried looking at booking options again yesterday to get to Albany (or NYC airports + rental car) right after I got home from CO, but unfortunately I couldn't come up with anything that I could even come close to affording, either with cash and/or airline miles.

If the opportunity comes, please give Catherine a big (but light) hug from me. :)

Big kudos to Sol, Chris & Dan as well, obviously! Please share my thoughts with all of them.

Blake

Thank y'all, and tuff it out, MSG...I can't remember if I've met you in person, tho we have a fair number of friends in common in the Corpus sailing scene.

Awesome elle. Thx for that....

Same here - thank you all!

hey...I live an hour from Albany...if anyone needs a pickup at the airport, just holla'

morning MSG...today will be a good day. I can feel it

Safe home you two.

Sol, if she would do that to a man as old as you claim to be, she's obviously feeling somewhat better ;)

Good morning, Catherine. I'm glad to hear you had a great visit with those two rabble-routers. I can just imagine you guys laughing and keeping everyone awake with little outbursts followed by Shhh! LOL

Great image with which to start the day.

That's awesome.

Give her a hug from Singapore.

I haven't logged in for a while... god this is shitty - having a good old cry - but hell Catherine, it isn't over yet! I hope you are having wonderful times with friends and family. Much love from Hamble. HW.x

Hi Catherine!

Just some sunny greetings from a nice early spring morning in Brussels, Belgium!

Miracles DO happen! Great weather here, in Brussels in March??? Ubermiracle!

Up!

xoxo

Maria

Too much eulogy and good byes here folks! I am still here and i refuse to let this take me. There is hope and what is happening to me, as frightening and heart breaking as it is, is what happens to all of us : NO ONE knows when there time is up. All we have is the NOW.

catherine

Catherine the Only place you are going is the Water, stay strong because spring is here and you should be thinking about sailing Fast.

I be racing this weekend in Key Biscayne and thinking of you, plus working on my tan, next moth I have 2 weeks on the Tannin Saloon, if you know what I mean, LOL.

Namaste!

Mario.

xoxo

Thank you, elle, for the news.

Sanding bottom, thinking of you. Stay strong!

MikeR

Were that posted anywhere but on a sailing site, eyebrows would be flying up.

:lol:

Sanding bottom, thinking of you. Stay strong!

MikeR

Were that posted anywhere but on a sailing site, eyebrows would be flying up.

:lol:

YYUUUPPP!!!! tongue.gif

Bump. It's Thirsty Thursday. A toast to Catherine and to Dan for being there.

I'll toast to that!!!

....and offer another to elle and sol, for showing Cathrine the LOVE......SA style. You guys ROCK!!!!!

Some more of those good West Coast vibes coming your way Cathrine!!!

-MH

Interesting day at work today. At our department's quarterly safety meeting, our guest speaker was an exercise instructor and wellness guru who is also a survivor of late-stage colon cancer. This is a woman whose husband had been told to get her affairs in order. Yet she is very much alive, looking and feeling great. Just goes to show... don't give up!

Late night bump and good vibes from Florida for Catherine and Dan.

Yo Yo Yo! What up gang?

Got some photos for you of the newly improved Kaptain Korn.... He still needs some healing time before traveling on tho...

As per Catherines request I performed an ostomy on the poor bastard. She also tattooed her surgery scar on his belly and tagged him with an MSG!

here is a wide angle and a close up....

Cath slept most of the day so we are chillin out now in the dayroom/lounge and eating and munching sugary things. Today is the bday of another caregiver we have befriended here and we had cake and brownies!

Visit from Sol and Elle was fanfuckingtastic! Anarchists represent!!!

love y'all

PEACE

post-55907-023096000 1333079349_thumb.jpg

post-55907-006539300 1333079369_thumb.jpg

Yo Yo Yo! What up gang?

Got some photos for you of the newly improved Kaptain Korn.... He still needs some healing time before traveling on tho...

As per Catherines request I performed an ostomy on the poor bastard. She also tattooed her surgery scar on his belly and tagged him with an MSG!

Cath slept most of the day so we are chillin out now in the dayroom/lounge and eating and munching sugary things. Today is the bday of another caregiver we have befriended here and we had cake and brownies!

love y'all

PEACE

maybe someone can post this to kaptain korn thread for me? feel free....

As was visit from Bowgirl and KevMccabe!!

xo

sweet! there is my beautiful girl :) thanks dan and christine!

love you catherine! you rock!

Evo - I can tell y'all that Catherine never EVER had a red bum like the MIGHTY CONE - even though she begged me real hard at times.....

C'mon Catherine - my thoughts & Prayers Babe.....

There's no such thing as sending too many hugs, is there?

Therefore I am sending more hugz right NOW!

Go the Catherine!

Huge kudos to Elle, Sol, Bowgirl, KevMCcabe, Dan, sister Chris and everyone else who has been able to step up both in person, and in our virtual world!

:):):)

As was visit from Bowgirl and KevMccabe!!

xo

Glad to do it. She's such an amazing friend.

See you again tomorrow.

Be prepared for anything :ph34r:

^_^

Yo Yo Yo! What up gang?

love y'all

PEACE

Just can't keep that girl from her Sharpies now can you? :P

Elle and Sol, you're awesome. I could hear the laughter from here.

heya catherine....you have the coolest ride in st peter's!

just thinking about and hoping you are cruising around flying your flag. i 'm lovin' kapt korn's new additions. keep everyone on their toes and say hi to chris, dan, and your mom and dad for me.

Good day, Catherine.

I got out the guitar and sang, "Dante's Prayer" for you last night. I haven't played guitar or sang since New Years Eve.

Kerry said it sounded great and that, to her, it spoke of, "I'm still here," when the song says, "Please remember me," at the end.

I spent some time remembering you, that you are still here.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

COZY!

See you tomorrow, girl. No rain can keep us away ;)

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the photo.

This starts my weekend off great.

Sending Love and strength from the West coast.

MSG, you go girl. Good to see you up & moving! Hugs to you. We have a birthday coming up in July, and you are the only other person on SA I know that I share a birthday with, despite the (too many) members.

Go go go & HTFU as much as you can, without hurting anything! Just work on getting better! B)

Elle... you seriously rock for pulling together to solve the challenging logistics just to get there. I tried looking at booking options again yesterday to get to Albany (or NYC airports + rental car) right after I got home from CO, but unfortunately I couldn't come up with anything that I could even come close to affording, either with cash and/or airline miles.

If the opportunity comes, please give Catherine a big (but light) hug from me. :)

Big kudos to Sol, Chris & Dan as well, obviously! Please share my thoughts with all of them.

Blake

Check flying into NYC on JetBlue and then taking Amtrak to Albany

Wow! That is one seriously cool quilt - very noice Ozee

Thsnk you xxx

Morning Catherine hope your day went smoothly - it must be garage time of year, somones doin' it in the other thread & lydia has promised a solution to what I call our "shandlery downstairs" so we can get both cars back in!!! I have offered that if he doesn't get time I'll do it so he should be thru there like a water spout in fear of my label maker!

Catherine,

I met up this afternoon in Minneapolis with Kestrel219 (Miss January of the 2012 SA calendar) and we are both sending some extra positive energy and good vibes your way!

Keep smilin' darlin'

:):):):):D

(and a big ditto to Jelly's comment, Ozee!- that rocks!)

Hanging with Catherine, kmccabe, Rockhead, The Pebble, and The Rockette and Catherine's sister and father.

We've had a great day and the room is decorated, and Catherine got dressed up as evidenced by photo evidence below.

Much laughter and merriment.

Catherine says "There are days when I have 2 bad hours, but it used to be I'd have only 2 good hours. That change alone makes such a difference, especially when coupled with the uplifting support from you guys."

post-6625-020869800 1333239505_thumb.jpg

post-6625-071947400 1333239649_thumb.jpg

post-6625-027707000 1333239816_thumb.jpg

There was much chocolate in that bag. We'll leave her with a sugar rush :)

Fantastic photos Bowgirl and elle!!! So much love. : ) and I love the affirmations posted on the door.

Message from Catherine's sister for all SAers considering a visit :

Please tell folks that if they are on the fence about coming for a visit, they should get over it and come. I know it feels awkward to just show up, and chances are good that visitors will see her experiencing some intense pain at times, but the joy that she gets out of it far outweighs the discomfort that any of us could possibly feel.

Tell people to be ready to hang out in the day room if she's in a rough place when they show up, because things usually smooth out within about a half hour or so, which is how long it can take for pain medication to kick in.

If you've ever spent even a little time with Catherine, you know that she does not stay in one place for very long. The fact that she has become almost immobile from this horrible disease might be one of the hardest emotional hurdles. She wants to go and do and be...and that's just really hard right now. Tell people to bring their lives to her and spend a couple hours if they can. No need to call or message ahead of time. Just show up. Really.

Really.

Catherine says to SAers "There are days when I have 2 bad hours, but it used to be I'd have only 2 good hours. That change alone makes such a difference, especially when coupled with the uplifting support from you guys."

I just reread it and it wasn't clear enough that that message is to all of you.

Message from Catherine's sister for all SAers considering a visit :

Please tell folks that if they are on the fence about coming for a visit, they should get over it and come. I know it feels awkward to just show up, and chances are good that visitors will see her experiencing some intense pain at times, but the joy that she gets out of it far outweighs the discomfort that any of us could possibly feel.

Tell people to bring their lives to her and spend a couple hours if they can. No need to call or message ahead of time. Just show up. Really.

Really.

+1. This is essentially what the Pebble, Rockette and I did today. Hung out for about 3 hours or so. 4 hours later, I still have a warm glow inside. Catherine is just fucking awesome. Full of fight and good humor. You are an incredibly strong person with a huge heart Catherine, I'm SO glad we were able to come for a visit! It was humbling to hang out with 3 awesome women (MSG, Bowgirl & MSSister). KMcCabe and I are just typical boring guys.

Maybe I'm just sappy, or maybe it's because there were 4 Anarchists and 2 mini-Anarchists in the room, but I really felt that the love and support from everyone here is palpable in Catherine's room. The quilt is even more amazing in person, there's the SA burgee hanging from the IV tower, there's the Women of SA calendar signed by so many of us. You can feel the good vibes in the room.

Here's one more photo, the Pebble, Catherine, and the Rockette (L to R). Thanks to MainSheetSister for fucking up C's hair just for the photo! tongue.gif Yup, they're a lot alike, the 2 sisters.

20120331_205847.jpg

I'm looking forward to heading back in a couple of weeks after some sailing trips. I have to go back because I didn't get to meet Dan the Man. And we're going to throw a kick-ass SA 43rd birthday party for Catherine in July, right C? If you're still stuck in the same joint (I hope not!), there's a great room for it, and I'm sure we can get ourselves thrown out. laugh.gif

Love Ya!

Hi Catherine, it is a lovely crisp sunny day here in the south west UK. I had to go to Bath to pick up my youngest son at the end of his university term. I had some great tunes playing and was sending you positive, warm sunny thoughts on the drive over.

I am so pleased that you have so much support from the SA community and feel priveleged to be represented on your lovely quilt (Thanks Ozee).

I hope you and Dan have a good day.

Chris

Good morning MSG, looks like a beautiful day. Glad that you had such nice visitors yesterday.

Cheers,

MikeR

hello,

I've never been on a sail boat but I am an avid SWIMMER. I've been admiring the vitality of your forum community [aka lurking]. I'm an old capitol region friend of Catherine's. I always knew she was an awesome person. My estimation has grown exponentially.

I was in the room yesterday when Rockette and the Pebble brought their mood elevating magic to the room. Catherine was smiling wide immediately and I know that there hadn't been enough time for the meds to kick in. Magic.

Thanks for letting me hang out and experience a few of your soaring spirits. PEACE

Will

Swimmer, your 6-string classical guitar was so calming and soothing. It really made a wonderful atmosphere complete. Thank you!

Catherine, how was the post-sugar-shock today? ^_^

Morning Catherine & anyone with you,

We have a 4 day week this week for Easter yay!

Normally I would be on a 3 day race over Easter - out in Brisbane to Gladstone - watching the stars - marvelling at how light it can actually be out there & wondering what Boomberries is up to in their Southern straits race.

I LOVE it that we are out there at the same time!

This year I came back from China & lydia is all organised to go so I'll drop him off & have a few girly days with the sewing machine I think! Chick flicks & the odd BBC hysterical, chocolate for breakfast, that kind of thing hee hee!

Let us know what you lot are up to & how busy the room is! Hope you have some real smooth days xxx

hello,

I've never been on a sail boat but I am an avid SWIMMER. I've been admiring the vitality of your forum community [aka lurking]. I'm an old capitol region friend of Catherine's. I always knew she was an awesome person. My estimation has grown exponentially.

I was in the room yesterday when Rockette and the Pebble brought their mood elevating magic to the room. Catherine was smiling wide immediately and I know that there hadn't been enough time for the meds to kick in. Magic.

Thanks for letting me hang out and experience a few of your soaring spirits. PEACE

Will

Post # 1 usually results in loud calls to show us your / your significant others tits but seeing as how you're a friend of our Catherine, and she has on more than one occasion answered the call and showed us all her bewbies, you are hereby exonerated. Unless of course you would like to follow her fine example...

Cheers CC, big hugz from the land downunder.

hello,

Will

Pleased to meet you. And thanks.

Now go find a ride on a sailboat just so you can see what C sees in it :D

Get a dinghy ride and you can still go swimming. ;)

Guest One of Five

Good Morning Catherine. Hope your night was restful.

Understand and know that we all love you and keep you in our thoughts. . .

Its a beautiful morning in New York - look out your window and see it all.

Such a beautiful day, so happy to share Saturday with you, MSSister, Swimmer, Bowgirl, Rockhead, Pebble and Pebble's sister and your mom, dad and brother..

Did you find more Pez?

Easter Bunnies still OK?

MSG - ran a 15K race -- the Colon Cancer Challenge -- on Sunday morning for you & my uncle (also diagnosed with colon cancer in January), before going out to sail the last day of the winter season. It was a good day! Hope yours is a good day too.

Good Morning Catherine. Hope your night was restful.

Understand and know that we all love you and keep you in our thoughts. . .

Its a beautiful morning in New York - look out your window and see it all.

Such a beautiful day, so happy to share Saturday with you, MSSister, Swimmer, Bowgirl, Rockhead, Pebble and Pebble's sister and your mom, dad and brother..

Did you find more Pez?

Easter Bunnies still OK?

Those rabbits? The kids bowling ones I mean. I thought they had batteries at first....

One at a time girlfriend. B)

Love you.:)

Good Morning, C and D and any guests that made it up for today!!! Thinking of y'all every day!!! Glad the Good Hours are getting longer!!!