• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Guest espo sucks

espo is a dick

I heard a rumor that the LIS PHRF committee is considering dropping the J/29's rating to 99 to make the rest of the fleet more competitive.

That makes sense, but is it fair or a slap in the face to Espo?

Thoughts or comments?

I heard a rumor that the LIS PHRF committee is considering dropping the J/29's rating to 99 to make the rest of the fleet more competitive.

Thoughts or comments?

We can sail to that most of the time.

We'll get the boat measured and race IRC--I think our rating gets about 6 seconds a mile added--that should depress a few people

Thoughts or comments?

The rest of the fleet should pull their head out of their ass and sail better. The J/29, all over the country, has had roughly the same rating since it was built. Hustler is a well sailed, well prepared boat with new sails. Most of the fleet they sail against are shitboxes with ragged out sails and dirty bottoms. So now it's acceptable to hit someone's rating who has an established design, just because the rest of the fleet they're in won't get off their ass and prepare their boats and learn how to do this sport they supposedly love so much? No wonder PHRF is dying.

They'll probably want Hustler to drag a bucket next.

You Hustler boys really need to get back into a one design fleet- this type of thing is really silly.

Thoughts or comments?

The rest of the fleet should pull their head out of their ass and sail better. The J/29, all over the country, has had roughly the same rating since it was built. Hustler is a well sailed, well prepared boat with new sails. Most of the fleet they sail against are shitboxes with ragged out sails and dirty bottoms. So now it's acceptable to hit someone's rating who has an established design, just because the rest of the fleet they're in won't get off their ass and prepare their boats and learn how to do this sport they supposedly love so much? No wonder PHRF is dying.

You Hustler boys really need to get back into a one design fleet- this type of thing is really silly.

Exactly which one?

Thoughts or comments?

Exactly which one?

Hell, I don't know. Melges 32? Get 3 Etchells so everyone can still play?

Thoughts or comments?

While the J/29 basically rates the same all over the country, you have to remember the P in PHRF stands for performance and local committees have at times shown flexibility to re-rate a boat that is too dominant.

So now it's acceptable to hit someone's rating who has an established design, just because the rest of the fleet they're in won't get off their ass and prepare their boats and learn how to do this sport they supposedly love so much? No wonder PHRF is dying.

You're figuring this out now?

I've heard (first hand) of requests for a boat's rating and performance to be 'analyzed' and then was adjusted downward with the 'anonymous' review request coming 'from the floor'. Thats the same floor I guess that's is under the seat of the guy on the rating review panel that competes in the same rating band. And we're talking 20+ yr old stock design lead sleds.

Just make sure that it is not a Bene 36.7

exactly--there would be some big shoes to fill!

Big lead shoes?

Plus, you'd have to sail against Chuck Norris, who, as everyone knows, recently sued "myspace" because he copyrighted it as the name of what he calls the whole universe.

You're figuring this out now?

I've heard (first hand) of requests for a boat's rating and performance to be 'analyzed' and then was adjusted downward with the 'anonymous' review request coming 'from the floor'. Thats the same floor I guess that's is under the seat of the guy on the rating review panel that competes in the same rating band. And we're talking 20+ yr old stock design lead sleds.

I figured it out quite a while ago- I always have and always will think it's totally fucking lame and is contributing to the decline of PHRF.

Thoughts or comments?

While the J/29 basically rates the same all over the country, you have to remember the P in PHRF stands for performance and local committees have at times shown flexibility to re-rate a boat that is too dominant.

What if there were 2 or 3 other J/29's in the same fleet, none of whom were clearly dominant, and there was no demonstrable difference between them and Hustler?

Thoughts or comments?

What if there were 2 or 3 other J/29's in the same fleet, none of whom were clearly dominant, and there was no demonstrable difference between them and Hustler?

There is Rift the exact boat, and the frac from Kings Pt Renegade

Maybe the perf issue is due to Hustler not being a totally "kosher" J/29?

I vaguely remember a specific J/35 that caused a stir years ago when it too always won.

There were things that were done to that boat that made it wicked fast.

I vaguely remember a specific J/35 that caused a stir years ago when it too always won.

Espo can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm certain that Hustler always measured in (and believe me, there were always plenty of people who wanted to measure it- I remember one douchebag who templated Hustler's and Punch's rudders when they were up in the yard between regattas, without asking either owner), and I'm pretty sure nothing was done since the 1D class went away.

Hustler is Definitely NOT kosher, we don't even let those kinds sail aboard her

Thoughts or comments?

I heared 69.

If they had to re rate Hustler to 99 then they have to rate all the other J/29's accordingly--that will cause no end to gnashing of teeth. I guess this is the same PHRF committee that re rated the J/80 to 135 in 2007--just for BIRW (where they were awarded the Rolex--the "Wasp of the Week Award")---hahahahahahaha

we will still kick ass at 99

[

Plus, you'd have to sail against Chuck Norris, who, as everyone knows, recently sued "myspace" because he copyrighted it as the name of what he calls the whole universe.

Now that is some funny merde!

Chuck Norris is so tough--his tears cure cancer

(unfortunately no one has ever seen him cry)

Now for your favorite-

Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Chuck Norris is so tough--his tears cure cancer

(unfortunately no one has ever seen him cry)

Now for your favorite-

Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Jesus walked on water--but Chuck Norris swims through land!

Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

You guys have lost it!

Can we get back to the topics at hand

Hustler being illegal

Me being a Dick

Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

You guys have lost it!

Can we get back to the topics at hand

Hustler being illegal

Me being a Dick

Every year, on his birthday, Chuck Norris chooses a lucky child that he flings into the sun.

Oh, and Hustler's illegal, Espo's a dick, blah blah blah. Happy?

I have heard from some reliable sources that a few of "those kind" have sailed on Hustler.

When chuck norris jumps into the ocean he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris

When Espo jumps in the water, the water beads up on his skin because he's a greezy eye-talian.

(thats for the kosher remark John.... :lol::lol: )

I have heard from some reliable sources that a few of "those kind" have sailed on Hustler.

Yeah that was years ago, since then we've smartened up, and have been unbeatable since!

Yeah that was years ago, since then we've smartened up, and have been unbeatable since!

So your final solution worked for you then?

Ducking and running

Ducking and running

Told the former crew to 'hit the showers'

(right behind you...)

Ducking and running

(right behind you...)

Gosh, sailing on Hustler must be a gas!

Ducking and running

(right behind you...)

You'll never know--that's for sure!

Ducking and running

(right behind you...)

Why? Is he kid nongrada?

Hustler is as LEGAL as it gets.

I truly hope LIS PHRF is not considering messing with a rating that is as established as the J29. This would be yet another nail in the coffin of the PHRF system and would serve to do nothing but sour attitudes. What if Hustler keeps winning at 99? Or 96? Are they going to keep dropping the rating until some B fleet hack finally gets a pickle dish? I do not get it... I have kept it close to John in races and I have had the doors blown off by Hustler. The difference is not the boat. It is a J29 like the rest of them (well...the MHOBs anyway). People need to get through their head that this boat is immactulately prepared and the core of their team has been sailing together longer than most owners have owned boats. This is why they are as consistant and why they win. Preparation, intensity, focus...these are the concepts that John and his gang subscribe to. They truly believe that they are going to win every race that they sail in and ususally lead around every mark. PHRF LIS needs to get its head out of its ass and realize this before they do something monumentally stupid.

If people are that bitter they need to take up another sport. Stop changing the rules if they don't suit you.

I truly hope LIS PHRF is not considering messing with a rating that is as established as the J29. This would be yet another nail in the coffin of the PHRF system and would serve to do nothing but sour attitudes. What if Hustler keeps winning at 99? Or 96? Are they going to keep dropping the rating until some B fleet hack finally gets a pickle dish? I do not get it... I have kept it close to John in races and I have had the doors blown off by Hustler. The difference is not the boat. It is a J29 like the rest of them (well...the MHOBs anyway). People need to get through their head that this boat is immactulately prepared and the core of their team has been sailing together longer than most owners have owned boats. This is why they are as consistant and why they win. Preparation, intensity, focus...these are the concepts that John and his gang subscribe to. They truly believe that they are going to win every race that they sail in and ususally lead around every mark. PHRF LIS needs to get its head out of its ass and realize this before they do something monumentally stupid.

If people are that bitter they need to take up another sport. Stop changing the rules if they don't suit you.

Word to yer mother's uncle. Couldn't agree more.

BTW, PM me if you need some crew. I was a regular for many years on Rhumb Punch. Another crack at Hustler would be fun, and would be the source of much entertaining trash talking.

Essencially isn't what they are talking about exactly what those wing nut mudheads do every year?

Ducking and running

(right behind you...)

Right! John will make him cry like all the new kids!! I'm sick of babysitting. no more new kids!!

Ducking and running

(right behind you...)

Right! John will make him cry like all the new kids!! I'm sick of babysitting. no more new kids!!

Why did everybody pick up this belief that I'm interested in sailing on Hustler?

INoRS see poat 1341

That was a general statement directed at everybody which continued the espo-hates-tribemembers theme I had going. Racing just isn't fun when your rating is so tweaked that it's impossible to lose.

Maybe its just YOU SUCK and lose to the spagetti wagon everytime?

Bunch of guys been together for 15-20 years beating a 4 boat fleet of Pearson 30's on handicap.

WOOO HOOOO!

I hate using +1 but +1

Bunch of guys been together for 15-20 years beating a 4 boat fleet of Pearson 30's on handicap.

WOOO HOOOO!

you really have lost it Wesley. We were winning races in that boat before you were born.

Since you are such an expert I'm sure you know the record.

We have never raced against a Person 30--but if you think you can beat us --find a boat that will allow you to sail and come get us. Whether or not you want to sail on Hustler is irrelevant--it will never happen. Only grownups are allowed ---(come to think of it--Max Lopez has sailed with us--and he's a kid--but then again he actually knows what he's doing--and has the race record to prove it)

WOOO HOOOO!

you really have lost it Wesley. We were winning races in that boat before you were born.

We have never raced against a Person 30--but if you think you can beat us --find a boat that will allow you to sail and come get us. Whether or not you want to sail on Hustler is irrelevant--it will never happen. Only grownups are allowed ---(come to think of it--Max Lopez has sailed with us--and he's a kid--but then again he actually knows what he's doing--and has the race record to prove it)

ahem...The Salad

+2

Thoughts or comments?

Why they keep on adjusting the ratings on Manhasset Bay for that exact reason. Well sailed boats get a hit so that the racing is "fair and others will want to join and keep on racing" Where has pride in taking your beating and trying to improve your boats performance gone? Nice dummy down system.

Yea, but that affirmative action day in City Island. Would never happen if he was racing at American, or Lurchmont

Yea, but that affirmative action day in City Island. Would never happen if he was racing at American, or Lurchmont

Like they let that wop race at AYC or Larchmont without Jews on board? :lol:

Like they let that wop race at AYC or Larchmont without Jews on board? :lol:

no they encourage us to have jews aboard--so that when a wasp bastard sinks us--he gets us all!

WOOO HOOOO!

Might want to check that post chubs. I'm InNeedOfSomeRestraint, you're mixing it up with InNeedOfSomeRestraintDick and unlike Left Hook he and I are not the same ;)

WOOO HOOOO!

Might want to check that post chubs. I'm InNeedOfSomeRestraint, you're mixing it up with InNeedOfSomeRestraintDick and unlike Left Hook he and I are not the same ;)

HA HA

HE CALLED HIM CHUBS

HA HA

WOOO HOOOO!

HA HA

HE CALLED HIM CHUBS

HA HA

He is just a baby--I will try not to hurt him when I catch up to him--meanwhile--why do you post under that name? Are you really his penis??? Have a life of your own, do you??

Espo is a dick--that's certain--but INOSR is an insignificant twit--and I'm tired of him hiding behind his dick!

Espo is a dick--that's certain--but INOSR is an insignificant twit--and I'm tired of him hiding behind his dick!

you sound bitter Neil...everything ok? :rolleyes:

you sound bitter Neil...everything ok? :rolleyes:

I broke my f---ing leg! Merry Christmas to me!

I am bitter--and proud of it!

(Actually --I'm coming along fine--cast shoud be off in 2 weeks or so)

Just in time for the next snow storm.

God forbid! I wouldn't wish this misery on Hack! (or JT, AG, Anonymous Guest etc etc.)

(Actually --I'm coming along fine--cast shoud be off in 2 weeks or so)

broke mine (cooking a roast) 6 years ago. still have 2 titanium pins in it. watch out for stapph under the cast. that was harder to heal than the bone.

I'm still amused that my antics have spawned 2 sock puppets which aren't even mine.

I'm still amused that my antics have spawned 2 sock puppets which aren't even mine.

yes, please stop pretending to be me.

who is the other one?

who is the other one?

InNeedOfSomeRestroom. His whole profile is priceless and I had to control my laughing when I encountered him for the first time during class.

who is the other one?

InNeedOfSomeRestroom. His whole profile is priceless and I had to control my laughing when I encountered him for the first time during class.

I look'd at sad profle and din't see nanything off note, rated them fife stars for there restaint in postin.

who is the other one?

I look'd at sad profle and din't see nanything off note, rated them fife stars for there restaint in postin.

Originally he had brilliant parodies of my various signatures

God forbid! I wouldn't wish this misery on Hack! (or JT, AG, Anonymous Guest etc etc.)

Yes you would in hopes that they would retain you.

you have a point Espo--but then again--if Hack slips an falls on ice he will simply fall into his backyard and drown. I've told you--a wrongful death case has no value unless the decedent has an income--and people depend on him for support--that leaves him out--his life has no economic value!

you have a point Espo--but then again--if Hack slips an falls on ice he will simply fall into his backyard and drown.

Hack has a pool in his backyard?

Running and ducking

you have a point Espo--but then again--if Hack slips an falls on ice he will simply fall into his backyard and drown.

Running and ducking

His backyard could be considered a pool--a very large one

Running and ducking

His backyard could be considered a pool--a very large one

More like a tidal cess pool.

you'll be sailing before you know it!

I know--but I haven't been able to drive since the week before Christmas--I'm losing my mind (what little I have left)