• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
keeldragger

Fucking TeamWork Video

Too funny...

If I was that skipper - I would beat the shit out of the guy mouthing off to him...then throw him off the boat to enjoy the swin back to shore.

Regards,

CK

This is the same guy who was laughing and taking pictures of the guy attached to the mark ... no wonder he was so amused!

Check the pirate flag too!! I'm scared! Might want to fix that sheet/guy over the lifeline too.

Really, I can't believe Dee Smith let this clip get out.

Excellent! Is this the same guy from the other clips posted earlier??

Whoever he is he loves his sailing, bet the crew can't wait to get back out with him again:-)

"Frenchie", that's funny. LOL

JC!!!

I hope nobody uses this as a promotional video for the sport.....that is why there is more people playing golf than sailing.

Did you see the tiller extension?????

I had forgotten, until seeing these two videos this am just how schitty bad sailing can be. Thank the lord I sail on goo teams.

hehehehhe

That asshole would tell me to "shut the fuck up" just once on my boat, then we would have an intense conversation on the dock. <_<

Nothing comes up on my machine...and it looks like you have number of funny videos that I would like to watch...fix it before I call the intarweb police on you.

Nothing comes  up on my machine...and it looks like you have  number of funny videos that I would like to watch...fix it before I call the intarweb police on you.

Hey CB - it may be that you are using Firefox. Try viewing with IE, that worked for me...

It's **really** funny!!

"STFU, you want a spinaker you'll get a spinaker" - did you see how far past the mark they were when dude was trying to get it ready... LMAO

TPSM

Hey CB - it may be that you are using Firefox. Try viewing with IE, that worked for me...

It's **really** funny!!

"STFU, you want a spinaker you'll get a spinaker" - did you see how far past the mark they were when dude was trying to get it ready... LMAO

TPSM

Wait are you saying that Firefox isn't perfect?

Should be titled...how the other half races.

Did he just pull that beer bottle out of his ass? maybe that is why the chick gave a funny look.

The snake wake-ing in the beginning cracked me up. Every time the dude moved, the boat went snakey.

Amusing for sure, not sure why it is posted.

Did anyone else read the captain's blog? Here's an excerpt:

Wind: 5-7 N NE

Course:  3 legs, W L

Crew:  MasterT, Richard

Beers Consumed:  6 pack plus a few assorted leftovers. 1 pitcher of Killians.

Our start could have been better but we've done worse.  We wound up about in the middle of the pack at the first mark.  Our downwind performance was pretty bad.  We sat on top of a Mac 26 only to watch it peel away from us

Did anyone else read the captain's blog? Here's an excerpt:

Wind: 5-7 N NE

Course:  3 legs, W L

Crew:  MasterT, Richard

Beers Consumed:  6 pack plus a few assorted leftovers. 1 pitcher of Killians.

Our start could have been better but we've done worse.  We wound up about in the middle of the pack at the first mark.  Our downwind performance was pretty bad.  We sat on top of a Mac 26 only to watch it peel away from us

hey OneFiddy... that looked like your downwinder on Sunday.....lol

j/k have a good weekend

Lesson to be learned here is to raise your standards for crew. Resolve to NEVER sail with Eurotrash. And if you absolutely have to, come armed to properly respond to comments like: "You want dee speeenaker, you gonna get it." Shoot the MF three rounds to the forehead, then feed the fish. Poor fish.

Could not believe the pussy skipper put up with that BS a half mile PAST the mark. Maybe he outta take a round as well. What a fuck.

OK. I for one love these KD videos! This is classic smaller lake phrf fleet sailing. The laid back part, (pop a beer after the weather mark) and back and fourth bitching is classic!

Brings back memories of when I started in the late 70's.

Nothing wrong with any of this and he's doing a hell of a lot more sailing than Bull Gaytor!

Keep'em coming.

I can't believe how many of you (or would that be us) think the crew is wrong for telling the skipper to STFU! If I had a dollar for every time I told a driver to STFU I'd own a boat. The guy has the tiller all over the place and over half the time, he's not even looking where he's going. My driver starts that shit and he gets a good bitch slap to go with the STFU!

Best line of the video: Skipper: Should I head up or go down? Off camera crewmember: Which way is up???

Too fucking funny!

it just gets better....

"fuck come'on guys, tell me where I need to go"

Or,

KeelDragger: "Tell me which way to go, up or down?"

BeerBint: "Which way is up?"

I love how many f bombs are being dropped and the fact that the mark is so tiny in the background by the time the kite goes up especially given the light wind.

Keeldragger, I like your spirit and camera setup.

I knew I was going to take a lot of shit for this posting. Your responses have all been funnier than hell. I sent this thread link to my crew (Tomasz) this morning... went past his desk at work and he was laughing so hard he was crying.... walked past his desk about 1/2 hour later and he was still laughing out loud.

There are a few postings that I should probably respond to... I'll summarize:

1. yes, I did consider beating the shit out of my crew and making him swim back to shore. After weighing my options, I figured I could punish him more by finishing the race.

2. "driving the boat, working the lines...." -- no shit. common practice, unfortunately.

3. Who the fuck is Dee Smith?

4. Sorry I'm too lame to make the videos work with Firefox. One of these days I'll get around to it.

5. That's not a tiller extension, it's my dick.

6. "Fuck we're gonna need a beer for this".... Common phrase aboard Keeldragger.

7. ..jackasses. No shit.

8. "I had forgotten, until seeing these two videos this am just how schitty bad sailing can be. Thank the lord I sail on goo teams. ". Yes the sailing was schitty. What the fuck is a goo team?

9. The backs of next year shirts will read "STFU and Drive!". This year's shirts read "Confacimus Navegamus".

10. The Arnold picture fucking slayed me. It is going on the front of next year's shirt.

11. Yes, we were about 1/3 of the way finished with the leg before the chute was up. We were one crew short for the race and also we are total fuckups.

12. Fuck the Oakland Raiders.

13. The girl did drink the beer in 15 seconds.

14. "Love the glass beer bottles amid total chaos." We only used glass bottles because the keg was empty.

15. "fuck come'on guys, tell me where I need to go". I can't see the goddamn mark past the huge overlapping genoa.

16. "Did he just pull that beer bottle out of his ass?". No, but very close. The icebox has a lid which is built into the cockpit and also opens up into the cabin. It eats ice like a motherfucker but it is really the coolest thing ever.

17. "We sat on top of a Mac 26 only to watch it peel away from us". Same boat attached to the mark (from the other video). Pretty pathetic.

18. "Resolve to NEVER sail with Eurotrash. " Brothers of said Eurotrash, also from Poland, crewed a bit this summer. They never once told me to shut the fuck up. The fact that they didn't speak English probably helped.

19. "I love when he tells the girl to take pictures of the other boats fucking up. I'm sure the guys in front are doing the same thing to him." Not exactly. We were first to finish every race in this regatta (for our PHRF class). Although a spectator boat got some great shots of us fucking up an earlier race... which I'll be happy to post.

20. "I can't believe how many of you (or would that be us) think the crew is wrong for telling the skipper to STFU!". In this particular case, the crew was absolutely wrong. The previous day, however, was a different story. Then, I deserved it.

21. "Is that Tartan 27 some old, super heavy displacement, full keeled porker?". The rudder is definitely too small. The keel runs the full length of the boat with rudder attached. At 7400 lbs dry it is a bit of a porker.

22. "Which way is up?". Fuck! Can't get a straight answer on that.

23. "I love how many f bombs are being dropped and the fact that the mark is so tiny in the background by the time the kite goes up especially given the light wind. " Fuck!

24. "It takes a big man to laugh at himself". Well, I have been working out so hopefully I'll drop a few lbs.

And all this in 3.755 knots of wind at a VMG of about 3.755 knots. We know these people, they are the frustrated, the lonely, the hopeless, the nervous and the downhearted - pray for their souls and for all those men who go down to the sea in shit. Oh merde alors, thank christ we are merely listening to it and not having to live it. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am a college student who loves to sail when Im not studying (I should be studying more than I sail, but I'm afraid its the other way around) and I was rolling on the ground laughing. First at the video, and then at the comments. My favorite part was right at the end when the skipper did a perfect Napolean Dynamite "gooood" Classic! Very funny video. Also funny is the comment about crew shirts that say "shut up and drive".

I race a borrowed J/24 on wednesday nights in the summer with a couple buddies of mine, and more yelling can be heard on that boat than in this video. Its actaully quite comical. And, we don't usually do too bad, either!!

You're awesome, man.

Is this really what these people think sailboat racing is? The first video that hit SA with that east coast "tactician" screaming at everyone - I thought that was an a one-time-thing. But now this? This is rediculous people!

Although, I have to give props to Keeldrager for posting video from his own boat. You are braver then I. Good luck finding crew next season:)

He aint that bad really. What didn't help was he obvious lack of understanding the English language by the crew. Must of been coming first because they didn't know where the mark was..?? Anyway at least he passed the beers around later..!

I like that part where buddy telss skip to shut the fuck uo. Thena Skip say "we're going to need a beer here." Funny fucking shit! Let's see more of these vids!!!

I might have enough from the shitty sailing archives (plenty of material for one season) to put together another episode or two. Unfortunately, the season here has ended so I won't have any new footage until Spring.

That was video was great! As a fellow T27 owner, I can say that it is very frustrating to race the boat in light wind. Basically you're always in last place trying to keep your time on everyone else. The boat is a fantastic reacher sailing way above it's 237-ish rating. However, it's doesn't point worth a shit.

Keeldragger: Going to post this in the T27 site? Might be a little much for that crowd. :blink:

A couple things, the Mac26 mentioned isn't the same as the one everyone always goofs on in this forum. Apparently a version when it was an actual sailboat. And, you don't really need a tiller extension on that version of the T27 because the cockpit is really small.

Keeldragger: Going to post this in the T27 site? Might be a little much for that crowd. :blink:

Probably not going to post it on the T27 site.... it probably would be a little much. On the other hand, I did put together a string of videos (not the Teamwork video) for our awards banquet and sort of forgot to edit out a few of the f-bombs.... sure I offended a few, but those with a sense of humor got a big kick out it.

Great stuff KD.

A little tired of the lads getting way too serious with the Oakley shades, full out sailing gear, red hat and of course, the sailing gloves. Now if you could only fit a 60" wheel on that boat.

Next time I need crew I'll drive downtown and pick up a couple of illegal immigrant day laborers.

Thanks.

Keel: Sadly you're about 15 years too late with T27 racing. At the time I was racing one port over from the Tartan factory and there were around six T27's racing in their own class on weekends. On light air days, they'd start them about 20 minutes ahead of the other classes. Now they can't even get six boats of any type to race!

this thread is old. How does it keep getting bumped up to the top?

In part because I posted a couple of responses with new videos that I posted to the site. Also, probably because of this reply.

Screw you James. That whole video is a work of art. You however, are very scary and about the wierdest person on this site. Now shut the fuck up.

I just came across this and saw your video of the Mac 26 with the mark attached to the rudder. Although some of the other content is entirely inappropriate, this is Priceless!!!

get fucked.

Love the way he say's there movin into light air and never once looks behind him to know where the better pressure is :lol: Give me a break

I'm a fan ............ love your sets. How do I get a team shirt? I've got an extra large TEAM Furrari t-shirt I'll trade :D

Send me a PM. We're working on the design for the 2006 shirts, ETA is April (crew picking them up in Poland).

I'm a fan ............ love your sets. How do I get a team shirt? I've got an extra large TEAM Furrari t-shirt I'll trade :D

Send me a PM. We're working on the design for the 2006 shirts, ETA is April (crew picking them up in Poland).

Did you ever notice you have a tendency to push the tiller away from you when you take a drink or look around?

You can check us out at www.wyliewabbit.org.

Talk to you.

T

KD, the first video is the best, now im big fan of your team, thanks for the videos, how many beers per race???

This guy is a fucking retard if I somehow ended up on his boat I would throw the idiot overboard and flog the crew for uselessness, and talking back!

I take it we have to put the Keeldragger saga on the required reading list for newbies as well?

Condor: You owe keeldragger a beer if you ever meet him. The man has one of the best senses of humor on this board.

This guy is a fucking retard if I somehow ended up on his boat I would throw the idiot overboard and flog the crew for uselessness, and talking back!

I take it we have to put the Keeldragger saga on the required reading list for newbies as well?

Condor: You owe keeldragger a beer if you ever meet him. The man has one of the best senses of humor on this board.

condor offended all of us with that, so he owes beer to all of us :angry:

condor offended all of us with that, so he owes beer to all of us :angry:

Having raced with and against Keeldragger, I can attest he has the best sense of humor. It really humbles me sometimes ,when you get all caught up into winning at all costs, to see someone ejoying racing and sailing for what it really is. Thanks Keeldragger!!

how many beers per race???

More than I care to admit. We often return with a mountain of crushed aluminum in the bottom of the cockpit.

Having raced with and against Keeldragger, I can attest he has the best sense of humor. It really humbles me sometimes ,when you get all caught up into winning at all costs, to see someone ejoying racing and sailing for what it really is. Thanks Keeldragger!!

Thanks for the props. I'm sure your attitude toward Keeldragger will change when he kicks your ass with 6001 (now that would be funny!). Just kiddin... :D

Yes, I'm a fucking retard but there is a cure for your problem

ph.jpg

I always have to check myself in the hospital from insane laughter.

Euro guy "Quit taking fucking pictures!" he says to chick.

Skip "Yeah, what the fuck! Fuck we're going to need a beer here!"

Absolutely fucking priceless!!

I'd race with you anyday (if you'd let me!). Your vids are great.

I just gotta ask..

Is there a way to play the Wednesdaynight flicks in normal speed - just to hear the drama??

Thanks

TPSM

There's always room on Keeldragger if you're in the area....

I've only uploaded the fast motion stuff (to conserve disk space) and a few selected scenes. I'd have to look for some of the CD's or tapes to upload one of the entire races. You can pretty much get a sense of the drama from the Teamwork video.

I cannot find this video of the Mac attached to the rudder.

I thought all Mac's were attached to rudders, but I guess you can steer them with 200hp outboards as well. Anyways, here is the video that James referred to...

Mac Dragging the Mark

Hold up....you mean they are RACING a Mac....as a SAILboat????? jk

KD - You the man - that shit brings back fond memories and sets up keen anticipation!

The Benny Hill stuff had me cracking up. You guys seem like your having a blast without all to the all the bloodshed that seems to always take place on my boat. You might want to think about re-naming the boat "To Hell with AA" . Seems like a lot of suds for the course.

KD, please tell us when a new video arrives, maybe you can take the european off the boat as the pirates just to do.

KD, please tell us when a new video arrives, maybe you can take the european off the boat as the pirates just to do.

I'm about out of material until Spring. Here's a new (old) one... probaby the first video I made.

Keeldragger--the early days

What does it cost a man to get a keeldragger shirt autographed by Tomasso?

We're gonna order the 2006 season shirts in a couple of weeks. I can hook you up if you want one... probably about $15.