Kitty in Drag

Gulf of maine scuttlebut

I agree that the Etchells is great. I've been sailing on them for the past two summers and having great fun. I'd still like to see a dinghy class, though. I miss the physicality of sailing dinghies. I don't have a ton of Laser experience but I did do well in 420's a million years ago. I also like the idea that for every person participating there's boat on the line, that the cost of entry and particularly the cost of participation is so low, and that the ease of transport makes traveling to away regattas a realistic possibility.

There is a movement afoot to start a V-15 fleet next spring. Not sure if it will get off the ground but decent used boats can be had for $2,000-$3,000 and you will be able to sail with your spouse, brother, sig other, etc.. Regarding the Lasers there are probably 20-25 boats sitting unused in the greater Portland area just need a ring master to motivate the masses and sshow bob sounds like the perfect one :o

Hey Kitty, it's sunny, warm and the days are getting longer.

Maybe it's time to put the boat back in the water.

Wouldn't weanna miss too many great sailing days.

Waddaya think.

Great Idea, Sinner..

I'll call the yard now...

Who's in?

Kitty's in

You've got to be kidding, but if you're not...I'm in!

I've never sever seen golf in January before, but Toddy Brook course was packed on Sunday. But the temp just dipped below freezing this evening so I think summer may be over. I'm thinking that we should be scheduling a golf outing at Geno's (Fore Seaso Golf) soon. How about Jan 20 or 27?

There is a movement afoot to start a V-15 fleet next spring. Not sure if it will get off the ground but decent used boats can be had for $2,000-$3,000 and you will be able to sail with your spouse, brother, sig other, etc.. Regarding the Lasers there are probably 20-25 boats sitting unused in the greater Portland area just need a ring master to motivate the masses and sshow bob sounds like the perfect one :o

We've got one at AYC, basically unused (V15 that is).

I've never sever seen golf in January before, but Toddy Brook course was packed on Sunday. But the temp just dipped below freezing this evening so I think summer may be over. I'm thinking that we should be scheduling a golf outing at Geno's (Fore Seaso Golf) soon. How about Jan 20 or 27?

Sounds fun, provided I don't have to actually swing a club and can instead just live up to my signature line.

I've been going on Friday nights...it's a blast!!

Sounds fun, provided I don't have to actually swing a club and can instead just live up to my signature line.

I'm with you C Koch! Only I'll add one more line to your statement - As long as I don't have to actually swing a club and drive home!

Hey! Where is everybody, hibernating?

What about golf, or the go karts?

Wait, here's a novel idea.....

WHAT ABOUT A FEW DRINKS?

I vote for C Koch to lead us on this one.

Huh?? Why me?? Did Papa Smurf put you up to that? He has a habit of volunteering me for stuff I'm totally unqualified to take on.

Oh yeah, my sig line.

Now that we have snow, it's ski season. Going to Loaf this weekend but it looks like Saturday's winds are gonna put a hold on most of the lifts that matter. This means there will be nothing left to do but drink. Even if we do go out and ski, wind chill factor will require multiple warm-up breaks. I don't feel right volunteering my friend's place for this (they're not on mountain anyway), so any anarchists have a condo up at the Loaf that we can crash?

I'll try to remind stickboy to bring the flask.

Thanks for your thoughts C Koch.

I hope you guys had a good weekend up there.

But, I was actually thinking of something a little more accesable for a few rounds of cocktails... like a bar in Portland.

Doesn't anybody else have Cabin Fever???

just 'cause YOU haven't been on a winter-long bender, doesn't mean we all haven't, sinner!!!

(in the parking lot?!? and he let me go?)

(mmmmmmmm sake)

(i can drink 10 cups)

nevermind....

due to an unfortunate death, i will be leaving maine either tomorrow or wednesday and be returning (tenatively) on fri-fri-friday...

i'm always up for drinking. actually, scratch that. what i meant to say was, i am always up for drinking.

time and place, man! i'll be there 99 times outta 100....

/c

just 'cause YOU haven't been on a winter-long bender, doesn't mean we all haven't, sinner!!!

(in the parking lot?!? and he let me go?)

(mmmmmmmm sake)

(i can drink 10 cups)

nevermind....

due to an unfortunate death, i will be leaving maine either tomorrow or wednesday and be returning (tenatively) on fri-fri-friday...

i'm always up for drinking. actually, scratch that. what i meant to say was, i am always up for drinking.

time and place, man! i'll be there 99 times outta 100....

/c

Ok!

Gritty's

Portland

6:30 PM

Friday.

Waddaya say

Peeker

Treehugger

Soggy

Kitty

Haji

Any takers?

Friday night at Grittys at 6:30, Peeker will be there, always up for any indoor winter sporting events!

Friday night at Grittys at 6:30, Peeker will be there, always up for any indoor winter sporting events!

Great at least we know no matter what it'll be a good time.

What about you other guys:

Maxluff

Dirtdog

Alteredst88s

Sshowbob

Stickboy

Ckoch

Flyonwall

Justagirl

Wedgie

Do you need a friggin personal invitation?

still not 100% sure on my return time... but i will try to make it...

/c

6:30. Grittys. I'm there.

Stickboy and I have a prior commitment... playing hookey Friday so we can celebrate my brithday at the Loaf! And true to form, it's supposed to be brutally cold... raise one for us and we'll do likewise.

I hear Big Daddy Doyle is going to emerge with a 6 rater...

Who knew, this could set-off such an enduring thread...

Maxluff

Dirtdog

Alteredst88s

Sshowbob

Stickboy

Ckoch

Flyonwall

Justagirl

Wedgie

Kitty is still waiting for his personal invitation!

Maxluff

Dirtdog

Alteredst88s

Sshowbob

Stickboy

Ckoch

Flyonwall

Justagirl

Wedgie

I think I'm in. I have a meeting that might make me late, but I'll do my best.

G

Stickboy and I have a prior commitment... playing hookey Friday so we can celebrate my brithday at the Loaf! And true to form, it's supposed to be brutally cold... raise one for us and we'll do likewise.

We'll sing Happy Birthday to You!

That easy. Cut your Friday afternoon classes.

Two words from a classic collage movie...

ROAD TRIP!

We still have'nt heard from treehugger and Soggy! Not to mention all the lurkers out there who just like to peek at this thread!

I've got to take a rain check. I close on my new house tomorrow morning and start moving in tomorrow afternoon.

Please remember to have a few for me, as my back will need a pain killer or two.

I've got to take a rain check. I close on my new house tomorrow morning and start moving in tomorrow afternoon.

Please remember to have a few for me, as my back will need a pain killer or two.

Now if you guys were real friends, y'all would help Soggy move!

Soggy, I've found that using rum or beer to wash down ibuprofen enhances their efficacy.

Now if you guys were real friends, y'all would help Soggy move!

Soggy, I've found that using rum or beer to wash down ibuprofen enhances their efficacy.

I discovered that with enough rum or beer the ibuprofen is not required until the next morning.

Should be a "fairly" easy move as I'm taking sails...spinn pole...lifejacket and clothes. The new furniture arrives on Sat...every time I picked out a new piece of furniture I kept thinking hmmmm that could be a...heavy #1....VMC Chute....safety harness for fly-on-wall :D

I discovered that with enough rum or beer the ibuprofen is not required until the next morning.

Should be a "fairly" easy move as I'm taking sails...spinn pole...lifejacket and clothes. The new furniture arrives on Sat...every time I picked out a new piece of furniture I kept thinking hmmmm that could be a...heavy #1....VMC Chute....safety harness for fly-on-wall :D

I can feel your pain (regarding the furniture). I just had to replace the old F-150. You know I had betters ideas for that cash.

Anyone know a sailor friendly commercial real estate person around the GMORA area? PM me if'n you do. I need help.

G

G, you do need help....Are you buying, selling or borrowing?////

We still have'nt heard from treehugger and Soggy! Not to mention all the lurkers out there who just like to peek at this thread!

This lurker may turn up.

G, you do need help....Are you buying, selling or borrowing?////

G- There are a couple of hot ones that sail on Commotion.

I can feel your pain (regarding the furniture). I just had to replace the old F-150. You know I had betters ideas for that cash.

LOL - It's always something my old 97 explorer is getting a little tired....wish I could crank up the Xerox machine and print some $$

Anyone know a sailor friendly commercial real estate person around the GMORA area? PM me if'n you do. I need help.

G

Thanks to everyone who got back to me on this. I think I can get it now.

G

Soggy, will you stop trying to be an adult. Cowboy up, Soggy; Get there early for at least one. Kitty misses you.

Soggy, will you stop trying to be an adult. Cowboy up, Soggy; Get there early for at least one. Kitty misses you.

I'll do my best kitty, miss you guys too, it's been a huge week. Christ that sounds bad.....flyonwall don't even think about a come back.

Who knew, this could set-off such an enduring thread...

Actually it is gonna be a 0 RATER ... :)

G

I'm in commerciaal real estate. Let me know what I cn do

Happy B-Day C Koch!

Thanks, Hellion. Skiing was great, despite the cold. Drank beer, ate lots of shrimps and scallops, drank Captain Morgan's, ate cake, drank more beer. Oh yeah, skied a little bit more, too.

Yeah the 6 rater was four boats ago!

when all is......

you know the rest.

I'm going to have to work on getting an Internet connection set up at the new place...missing too much fun here. So how was Gritty's...any good stories?

I'm going to have to work on getting an Internet connection set up at the new place...missing too much fun here. So how was Gritty's...any good stories?

Yes! A lot of really bad, sick stuff happened at Gritty's and thereafter.

But, you know the rules. What happens at Gritty's stays at Gritty's

Of course, your absence was noted. People asked

Wudda been nastier with you.

We did think of going golfing next.

Sailbad, thanks for the nice complement being nasty can be fun.

Golf at fore seasons is a blast!! Friday night they have a couples scramble, and I'm sure that we could talk to Geno and rent out a few screens. I have to warn you though, I took my daughter bowling a few weeks ago...my bowling score is lower than my golf score....which shows how much I suck at both.

Sailbad you did such a great job putting together the little outing at Grittys, that I make a motion that you become our new activities director. All those in favor say aye...opposed ??.... Sorry sailbad but the ayes have it, you are now elected. Ok so how about that little golf get together on the 11th? Have you looked into it? We have to do something that night, the next day is my half-way to dead birthday (45) and God-knows 44 was not a good year!

I think I must have been in the wrong room at Grittys, because I seemed to have missed all the sick nasty stuff. ( I always miss all the fun!!!)

Sailbad you did such a great job putting together the little outing at Grittys, that I make a motion that you become our new activities director. All those in favor say aye...opposed ??.... Sorry sailbad but the ayes have it, you are now elected. Ok so how about that little golf get together on the 11th? Have you looked into it? We have to do something that night, the next day is my half-way to dead birthday (45) and God-knows 44 was not a good year!

Woohoo! A fellow Aquarian! In case I don't see you before then, happy birthday!

Sailbad, thanks for the nice complement being nasty can be fun.

Golf at fore seasons is a blast!! Friday night they have a couples scramble, and I'm sure that we could talk to Geno and rent out a few screens. I have to warn you though, I took my daughter bowling a few weeks ago...my bowling score is lower than my golf score....which shows how much I suck at both.

Soggy you don't happen to bowl at OldTown..ewwwwwwww http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/sta...1nakedbowl.html

Check! Igot that.

I'll talk to Geno.

I'll get back to you.

Check! Igot that.

I'll talk to Geno.

I'll get back to you.

GOLF?! That doesn't sound like the SA way...let's do an Sailing Anarchist's Ski Tour! An XC/downhill Biathalon?

GOLF?! That doesn't sound like the SA way...let's do an Sailing Anarchist's Ski Tour! An XC/downhill Biathalon?

I would be all over a Nordic Combined Ski Event!

10K skate XC and a GS downhill!

OK. I'm gonna have to let this one to you jocks.

The closest I've been to skiis this century is having a beer or two at the bottom of a hill.

Whicjh isn't all that bad.

OK. I'm gonna have to let this one to you jocks.

The closest I've been to skiis this century is having a beer or two at the bottom of a hill.

Whicjh isn't all that bad.

I've got two more weekends of moving, then I plan on hitting the Loaf hard. Haji, I think that the golf is totally in keeping with Maine Anarchy...they serve booze at Fore Seasons.....

GMORA Web Site

Hi All -

We're working on creating a new GMORA site. A LOT of work has currently gone into this, and it looks really good (it's not launched to the public yet).! Now we're asking you to step up and contribute. This invitation goes out to all Maine sailors...lurkers this also means you. Here's some of the things that we are looking for:

1. Race recaps - Someone to write a summary of the weekends racing so that it can be posted weekly.

2. Class owners - A person to take ownership of their class and update the web page on current class news and events.

3. Articles on tips & tricks - This can range from sail trim to bottom prep to boat projects. These articles should be targeted to pass along your knowledge to other sailors in the community.

4. Pictures - Send your pictures there will be a weekly contest with the winner having their photo and credits posted on the Home Page.

We're looking to make this site "clean", user friendly, have current updated content, and most importantly promote sailing/racing in the Gulf of Maine.

We are also looking for positive ideas on how we can make your site better. If you are interested in helping out or providing feedback either send PM or email to Rick@pain-killer.org.

Soggy Dollar.......out

GMORA Web Site

Hi All -

We're working on creating a new GMORA site. A LOT of work has currently gone into this, and it looks really good (it's not launched to the public yet).! Now we're asking you to step up and contribute. This invitation goes out to all Maine sailors...lurkers this also means you. Here's some of the things that we are looking for:

1. Race recaps - Someone to write a summary of the weekends racing so that it can be posted weekly.

2. Class owners - A person to take ownership of their class and update the web page on current class news and events.

3. Articles on tips & tricks - This can range from sail trim to bottom prep to boat projects. These articles should be targeted to pass along your knowledge to other sailors in the community.

4. Pictures - Send your pictures there will be a weekly contest with the winner having their photo and credits posted on the Home Page.

We're looking to make this site "clean", user friendly, have current updated content, and most importantly promote sailing/racing in the Gulf of Maine.

We are also looking for positive ideas on how we can make your site better. If you are interested in helping out or providing feedback either send PM or email to Rick@pain-killer.org.

Soggy Dollar.......out

Soggy... isn't there someone already doing number 1? There was last year and I believe that person plans to continue this year. Updates were sent to the papers and to all GMORA members for which there were valid e-mail addresses. They were pretty general, though, mainly just results for the weekend and not much for specifics on particular classes, exciting starts, tacking duels, and what not. So the communications could certainly be expanded upon with class-specific stuff and war stories B)

If you don't mind, I'd like to mention that the yearbook committee is also looking for photos -- good racing photos, especially starts. PM me if you got 'em.

There's a general goal to make the yearbook info consistent with the web site info (to the extent we can -- obviously the web site will be more dynamic and updated more often). So we're also looking for articles on tips & tricks and what not. In fact, ssbob promised me one of those and I have yet to see it! ;)

Sorry if I threadjacked. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Soggy... isn't there someone already doing number 1? There was last year and I believe that person plans to continue this year. Updates were sent to the papers and to all GMORA members for which there were valid e-mail addresses. They were pretty general, though, mainly just results for the weekend and not much for specifics on particular classes, exciting starts, tacking duels, and what not. So the communications could certainly be expanded upon with class-specific stuff and war stories B)

If you don't mind, I'd like to mention that the yearbook committee is also looking for photos -- good racing photos, especially starts. PM me if you got 'em.

There's a general goal to make the yearbook info consistent with the web site info (to the extent we can -- obviously the web site will be more dynamic and updated more often). So we're also looking for articles on tips & tricks and what not. In fact, ssbob promised me one of those and I have yet to see it! ;)

Sorry if I threadjacked. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I think more detail and specifics would be a good thing (no Martha Stewart reference intended)...I also know it's a TON of work so maybe we could split the load. I happen to know someone that does a pretty good job of reporting for Points East, and I'm hoping that she would be interested in contributing... she just happens lurks here :D

Jess! Jess! Jess!

i know you lurk...

pm me when you lurk long enough to read this....

/c

Jess! Jess! Jess!

i know you lurk...

pm me when you lurk long enough to read this....

/c

:)

It must be springtime because" love seems to be in the Air"

no! you'll do anything to keep this thread on page one, won't you?

somebody needs to start planning another gmora event so the gossips will find new topics!

;)

To get this slightly back to a sailing topic anyone that has "extra" crew send them my way as we need 3-4 steadys for the FT10M next summer. Is the Points East crew fest in the spring worth trolling?..

To get this slightly back to a sailing topic anyone that has "extra" crew send them my way as we need 3-4 steadys for the FT10M next summer. Is the Points East crew fest in the spring worth trolling?..

Yes, you should be at the Points East crew fest. You already know that the game requires constant recruiting. Troll away. I'll be there. the beer is free.

no! you'll do anything to keep this thread on page one, won't you?

somebody needs to start planning another gmora event so the gossips will find new topics!

;)

BUSTED

Ski Day at Sunday River in March???

Who is in?

Kitty's in.

BUSTED

Ski Day at Sunday River in March???

Who is in?

Kitty's in.

I suppose now that I've outed myself, I can post that I'm in...just as long as it's not between 3/16 and 3/27 because I'll be in key west!