Kitty in Drag

Gulf of maine scuttlebut

Maxluff... the course sounds interesting. Details, please. Cost, duration of class, max head count per class? Would this be similar to Red Cross standard First Aid/CPR or are we talking more enhanced to account for lag time to advanced life support? I've got a long-expired advanced wilderness first-aid cert but might be interested in refreshing my skills/knowledge, and I think some first-aid knowledge is pretty darned handy out there.

What would the logistics be for the AED? Seems there might be some logistical challenges to having it available at different regattas. Who takes custody of the thing? Who gets trained? Liability issues?

I would be game to put a course together on the second or third week of May. on Sunday day 11 to 5pm.

Course would include American Heart Assoc. new CPR protocol, AED use and 'Common First Aid at Sea.'

Would need a min of 6 and a max of about 12. ( Will need a host location.)

Cost would be $50.00

My feeling is that two people per boat should be trained to 'First Responder' level.

This means that they are proficient w/ CPR and AED use. The first responders would be responsible initial emergency care and initiating the proper communication to the commitee boat, who are then responsible to communicating to the shoreside EMS. Basically before each Regatta a Medical Protocol needs to be in place identifying trained medical professionals who are racing, shoreside EMS recources, appropriate EMS phone numbers, method transport to designated extrication point etc. (Regardless an AED on the water could be a life saver.)

It is only a matter of time before such planing will be needed...

We shall need a local MD to authorize us in having an AED, w/ infers the training that goes along with the device.

Liability? I bow to SSBob....

you'd put the AED in the crash boat, no? I am hugely in favor of this. Could be convinced to help spring for said AED.

I too could be convinced to help spring for said AED...MaxLuff get us some prices....

I too could be convinced to help spring for said AED...MaxLuff get us some prices....

They run less than $1800.

I am contacting ZOLL and trying to get a deal from them as the company that I work for just dropped about $400K on AED and ALS Cardiac Monitors.

Should be abe to work a deal. (Albiet we may have to sail around with 'ZOLL' logos on our mainsails.)

post-5090-1174867240.jpg post-5090-1174867899.gif

http://zoll-aed.com/

Not to change the subject but what is class A western fleet going to look like for most of this year:

Revolution 48

Kaos 69

Sheerness 45

Scaramouche 60

Bandito -3

Big Dog Party 12

Pain Killer 42

Tamarack 60

Spanking Ma 57

Whiplash 72

Wiley 72

Beausoleil 75

Revolution 0??

CharSar 50??

Hallett 45??

Not to change the subject but what is class A western fleet going to look like for most of this year:

Revolution 48

Kaos 69

Sheerness 45

Scaramouche 60

Bandito -3

Big Dog Party 12

Pain Killer 42

Tamarack 60

Spanking Ma 57

Whiplash 72

Wiley 72

Beausoleil 75

Revolution 0??

CharSar 50??

Hallett 45??

A lot of talk last fall about a new Whiplash???? Whipper, oh Whipper, where are you when we need you?

My source is not online so i cant find out right now but i will try and find out later tonight

stay tuned

Kitty has the Scoop-

From a source as close as it comes-

Whiplash syndicate is in the midst of buying "More War Stories" a tripp ILC 40 out of Stanford.

Get back to your homework, Reggie

http://www.yachtsoft.com/MoreWarStories.HTM#MoreWarStories[/img]

Congrats to: Satch, Teddy and the Kids

That would be great!

Another ILC 40 machine racing in the Gulf O' Maine.

The Tripp 40 'More War Stories' rated PHRF 6 on LIS.

post-5090-1174941980_thumb.jpg

If this holds true the Western Class A Fleet 'could' be split into A1 (45 and below) and A2 (46 to 75) :ph34r:

Sheerness 45

Bandito -3

Big Dog Party 12

Pain Killer 42

Whiplash 6

Revolution IX 0

Revolution 48

Kaos 69

Scaramouche 60

Tamarack 60

Spanking Ma 57

Wiley 72

Beausoleil 75

CharSar 50?

Hallett 48?

Hey, The Gulf of Maine Ocean Racing Association has recieved a well deserved face lift:

http://www.gmora.org/Good job!post-5090-1172525624_thumb.jpgWord!

Nice website too bad no where on it does it mention how much is annual dues and PHRF certificate. I sort of remember $30 is that still correct?

Nice website too bad no where on it does it mention how much is annual dues and PHRF certificate. I sort of remember $30 is that still correct?

Busted.

I just sent mine in to Bud. $50 for GMORA/PHRF combined. I thnk you're right about the $30, I think PHRF is $20.

I'll find out for sure and put that up.

Dam - Soggy goes out of town for a few days, and all kinds of news to catch up on. New boats in the fleet is always a good thing!!

what is a 6 rater? I have been around the block a few times and never heard that term. Thanks

Wow-

did you read every post in this forum?

We were talking about a boat that rated 6 under phrf.

what is a 6 rater? I have been around the block a few times and never heard that term. Thanks

Its slower then a 5 rater and faster then a 7 rater (at least in theory) :lol:

Wow-

did you read every post in this forum?

We were talking about a boat that rated 6 under phrf.

Now I think we have come full circle, and we are talking about a different 6 rater.

Now I think we have come full circle, and we are talking about a different 6 rater.

Don't look at me: Revolution IX phrfne rating is a 0 rater..... :o

post-5090-1175020269_thumb.jpg

(BTW: The graphics were removed from the topsides this past Monday. Gonna have no topside graphics on Revolution IX.)

It was the monday night shit show, soooo druunk. Mondya is the best night for drinking ever

Always been fond of Thursnad myself... But really any day that ends in, er, has a, 'y' in it is a good day for drinking by me.

Anyone in the water yet?

G

Always been fond of Thursnad myself... But really any day that ends in, er, has a, 'y' in it is a good day for drinking by me.

Anyone in the water yet?

G

I almost feel off the dock and into the water today..... :huh:

It's on the watch list for the next tree. Not likely, but watching anyway.

Come on Treehugger- Cowboy up. Time for a viking funeral for the Rack. The "level 40" class needs you.

No I dont read every post, but I do sail on a Cookson 50, and did a search to hear how the other boats are doing, and came across the Gulf of Maine scuttlebut. Very cool boats the ILC 40s I on the old BravaQ8 down here in newport when the IMS 40 class was kickin it. Sounds like a tight fleet with great competition up there. It would be great to get another c50 to race against though. Good luck with the new boat.-

Lucky it was only a near feel, could have been a wall into the water.

:lol::lol::lol: AAAAHHHH HaHaHaHa, laughed myself into a coughing fit!

Reporting in from the Gulf of Maine annex down here in Dallas.

This weekend I'm headed for the Fort Worth Boat Club where I participated in a high school regatta on Eagle Mountain Lake in 1974. Last time I was there, they had 40 footers on their docks.

Congrats to the Whiplash Gang for their new Diaper!!

I just found this at the bottom of page two...we can do better than that.

Anyone seen the "new" PYC race site. http://www.regattapromotions.com/portland-...ace-series.html ..All kinds of new sponsors including SAILING ANARCHY and the best sailboat shop in the Northeast THE BOATHOUSE (hey need a free plug once in a while)..It is great that Stirrings a Cocktail Mix company is lead sponsor of the whole "summa" series....Sounds like Cosmos all around at the pre-race partees :lol:

Anyone seen the "new" PYC race site. http://www.regattapromotions.com/portland-...ace-series.html ..All kinds of new sponsors including SAILING ANARCHY and the best sailboat shop in the Northeast THE BOATHOUSE (hey need a free plug once in a while)..It is great that Stirrings a Cocktail Mix company is lead sponsor of the whole "summa" series....Sounds like Cosmos all around at the pre-race partees :lol:

Stirrings has a product line called Rimmers... Can't. Stop. Laughing... Maybe next they could come up with a fruit flavored malt beverage and call it Donkey Punch...

If they do, they owe me...

G

Stirrings has a product line called Rimmers... Can't. Stop. Laughing... Maybe next they could come up with a fruit flavored malt beverage and call it Donkey Punch...

If they do, they owe me...

G

how about a hot mulled steamin cider called "the blumpkin"?????????

Newsflash-

Tony's donuts to sponsor fall series regattas-

Jerk how about a chocolate kruller to go with your blumpkin?

Newsflash-

Tony's donuts to sponsor fall series regattas-

Jerk how about a chocolate kruller to go with your blumpkin?

Then we can all take a hand sanitizer shower afterwards....

I swear they actually make a Dirty Martini Rimmer... I like booze as much as the next guy, but there's no way something with a name like that is getting anywhere near my mouth.

G

I swear they actually make a Dirty Martini Rimmer... I like booze as much as the next guy, but there's no way something with a name like that is getting anywhere near my mouth.

G

That cannot possibly be as good as a 'Revolution' shot. (Stoli Raz, Malibu and lime.) :lol:

BTW: 4am and ten inches of snow. This sucks!

It's nice to finally be able to get back onto this forum. As you know I have to get my library and this website had been banned for the last few times I checked. Seems that there is a "banned phrase found" and the filters would'nt let me on. Imagine a website only visited by sailors and there was a banned phrase! (this is the same library where some jr. high kids were caught having sex under the computor desk and doing it in front of a web cam for all the world to see - and I can't look at a sailing website). It's fixed now.

Well got the official PHRF NE # for CharSar the Flying Tiger 10M is 54...........Guess I'm playing with the big boys :lol:

It's nice to finally be able to get back onto this forum. As you know I have to get my library and this website had been banned for the last few times I checked. Seems that there is a "banned phrase found" and the filters would'nt let me on. Imagine a website only visited by sailors and there was a banned phrase! (this is the same library where some jr. high kids were caught having sex under the computor desk and doing it in front of a web cam for all the world to see - and I can't look at a sailing website). It's fixed now.

What's fixed? The kids or the computer?

Well got the official PHRF NE # for CharSar the Flying Tiger 10M is 54...........Guess I'm playing with the big boys :lol:

Welcome. Please pass to leeward.

Remember Legend? Almost certain she'll be in the water this summer. Not certain what the plans are but the boat will be doing local Penobscot Bay stuff. Rates 60 something.

Remember Legend? Almost certain she'll be in the water this summer. Not certain what the plans are but the boat will be doing local Penobscot Bay stuff. Rates 60 something.

Nice to see Legend back in play. Very similar to Merle's N/M 39, fractional rig, 12-13000 lb lightweight one tonner. Should rate +/- 60 PHRF. Any Casco Bay/Boothbay plans?

I sailed on Legend for a few years with JB and JD and others. She's a fun boat, good luck.

Load up the rail and let her rip...

I sailed on Legend for a few years with JB and JD and others. She's a fun boat, good luck.

I remember seeing a picture of Legend on the front page of Anarchy a while back.

I think I recall that Tempesta said he sailed on it back in the day.

Pics when it hits the water or it didn't happen.

Now if we can just get Matriarch back in the water. ;-)

around what you were thinking, eh? seems reasonable...

clear air, man! that's all i got for ya!! clear air!!

/c

That is a good rating. The Mumm 30 is the same w/out an Asym.

Boat should sail to that rating if you can keep 'clean' air amongst the 60 raters / ' POS Dinosaur fleet.'

Don't look at me: Revolution IX phrfne rating is a 0 rater..... :o

post-5090-1175020269_thumb.jpg

(BTW: The graphics were removed from the topsides this past Monday. Gonna have no topside graphics on Revolution IX.)

Revo IX has new 'subtle' transom graphics.

Today the work party swarmed Manchester marine to complete a number of misc tasks!

post-5090-1175982983_thumb.jpg

post-5090-1175983079_thumb.jpg

That is one leggy beast!

was down in manchester for a team race today, the nine looks quick! and tall! hot much does that thing draw max?

have fun on that bow suider....

was down in manchester for a team race today, the nine looks quick! and tall! hot much does that thing draw max?

She draws 'bout ten.....

Here we are f*%#ing poundin' the mast step a little bit forward:

post-5090-1176008648_thumb.jpg

post-5090-1176008730_thumb.jpg

VERY NICE!

Well shit. I really wanted to leak the new boat info as soon as I got back from Newfoundland but guess someone beat me to it. Super excited bout the new diaper ride. Probably going to be coated with a new white paint job before summer. I elected for a brown bottom paint but I'm not sure Sash would be down. The boat should be getting wet within a few weeks for here trek north from Conn. See you guys out here. The new revo sure is one leggy bitch. Good thing our new ride doesn't look like that. We ran Whiplash up on the hard plenty enough (just for the record, I was NEVER driving when that has happened :blink: ). Should be a fun summer. Not sure how we will do with a new boat we aren't used too but the learning curve should be exciting enough.....oh yea, and the speed.

Well shit. I really wanted to leak the new boat info as soon as I got back from Newfoundland but guess someone beat me to it. Super excited bout the new diaper ride. Probably going to be coated with a new white paint job before summer. I elected for a brown bottom paint but I'm not sure Sash would be down. The boat should be getting wet within a few weeks for here trek north from Conn. See you guys out here. The new revo sure is one leggy bitch. Good thing our new ride doesn't look like that. We ran Whiplash up on the hard plenty enough (just for the record, I was NEVER driving when that has happened :blink: ). Should be a fun summer. Not sure how we will do with a new boat we aren't used too but the learning curve should be exciting enough.....oh yea, and the speed.

Congrats!

That is a reallly nice yacht !

I checked her out sometime ago in CT. VERY NICE!

It will be a great summer in Maine w/ four fast boats in the -3 to 12 rating band.

i'm having my own crew shirts made i think...

post-5126-1176035121_thumb.jpg

:blink::lol: :lol:

/c

Btw, nice hat. I always wear the same one whenever I'm swinging a hatchet at the mast step.....

Btw, nice hat. I always wear the same one whenever I'm swinging a hatchet at the mast step.....

At the time I did not even notice that I was sporting an OP hat. It makes me proud to know that I was a 'Mainer with a splitting maul' representing down in Mass. You should of seen the faces of the locals as we boarded the vessel wielding such an instrument of destruction! :lol:

i'm having my own crew shirts made i think...

post-5126-1176035121_thumb.jpg

:blink::lol: :lol:

/c

That will look great with our GLOCK PERFORMANCE black hoodies...

Sheeesh.... Bruce, If we'd had the tools these guys have, we'da finished OP much sooner.

That's not a hatchet... That is a precision tool. A medium, sharpbacked marine hammer, if I'm not mistaken. All the AC boats are carrying them (good ballast and can cut away pesky broken rig parts).

G

Whipper -

Congrats on the new ride - what is the difference between "More War Stories" and "hard 8" - I am currently looking at a Tripp design as well for here in California.

opusone

Whipper -

Congrats on the new ride - what is the difference between "More War Stories" and "hard 8" - I am currently looking at a Tripp design as well for here in California.

opusone

I'm not sure if I'm the best one to answer that question. I've never even been on the boat (hopefully in a few weeks when I make it back to NE.) It seems that a lot of the Tripp 41's are very similar in layout but vary a bit in rigging. Although "More War Stories" and "Hard 8" both have similar rigging, "Montana," a newer modified tripp 41 has had quite a few renovations including a new rig that can accomodate a Masthead rig, as well as a new backstay that replaced its running backstays. It also has a wheel instead of a tiller.

Maxluff might be able to comment on this a little better.

I'm not sure if I'm the best one to answer that question. I've never even been on the boat (hopefully in a few weeks when I make it back to NE.) It seems that a lot of the Tripp 41's are very similar in layout but vary a bit in rigging. Although "More War Stories" and "Hard 8" both have similar rigging, "Montana," a newer modified tripp 41 has had quite a few renovations including a new rig that can accomodate a Masthead rig, as well as a new backstay that replaced its running backstays. It also has a wheel instead of a tiller.

Maxluff might be able to comment on this a little better.

So Whipper, are you in Newfoundland? I got a lot of relatives there. I hear it's a fun place. I always wanted to sail to St. John's. What's it like?

Jerk-

from an email from "the" runner bunny:

p.s. I'm getting my first pedicure of the spring today after work. Have to get my toes in shape for sailing season.

How sweet is that! Daddy likes that.

So Whipper, are you in Newfoundland? I got a lot of relatives there. I hear it's a fun place. I always wanted to sail to St. John's. What's it like?

I was actually skiing up there in Gros Morne National Park for about 8 days. Nothing sailing related. Huge iceburgs though and sweet Fjords. Didn't make it over to the East Coast of Newfie but all the pictures I've seen look phenominal. Pretty desolate place. There are "towns" on the map that consist of about 17 residents and about 15 buildings. If any are interested, the footage of the trip will be in next year's Meathead Films ski movie. They do a premiere in Portland every year in the old port.

post-6406-1176142941_thumb.jpg

I was actually skiing up there in Gros Morne National Park for about 8 days. Nothing sailing related. Huge iceburgs though and sweet Fjords. Didn't make it over to the East Coast of Newfie but all the pictures I've seen look phenominal. Pretty desolate place. There are "towns" on the map that consist of about 17 residents and about 15 buildings. If any are interested, the footage of the trip will be in next year's Meathead Films ski movie. They do a premiere in Portland every year in the old port.

Thanks for the info.

That sounds interesting, I'll have to try to make that movie.

As a kid, the only time I was there, I saw icebergs in July. Pretty spectacular.

Jerk-

p.s. I'm getting my first pedicure of the spring today after work. Have to get my toes in shape for sailing season.

kitty loves toes

Jerk-

Yo Jerk-

Shouldn't we get a large decal of this quote and put it on the boom for the year?

Yo Jerk-

Shouldn't we get a large decal of this quote and put it on the boom for the year?

Brilliant!

All hands...All Hands-

Mr Monhegan will be back from Texas for happy hour on April 20th. Please meet at Grittys in Portland at 1700.

Mr Monhegan will give us his take on the current Rodeo season and will present a special paper on: The healing powers of Mt. Gay on Ass contusions suffered as a result of Bull ropin'

...I seem to recall the old "Legende" rating 69-72 or thereabouts, I don't think it was down around 60, this was sometime around 1988-89 or so, something like that, I think its been sitting in that parking lot in rockland since then as far as I know. another IOR dinsoaur, awesome.

I also recall the old owner....

All hands...All Hands-

Mr Monhegan will be back from Texas for happy hour on April 20th. Please meet at Grittys in Portland at 1700.

Mr Monhegan will give us his take on the current Rodeo season and will present a special paper on: The healing powers of Mt. Gay on Ass contusions suffered as a result of Bull ropin'

Who's in?

Kitty's in....

rodger that.

Jerk is out...Mrs Jerk is in NYC all weekend and I have to watch Baby Jerk...

rodger that.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the cover came off real easy this year. The last I heard it was in Sanford and still going.

I'll be there with the entire crew from our boat. We'll be late but we can drink fast and catch up.

It's an outrage...doesn't Mrs. Jerk know that there is rum to be comsumed. Bring Baby Jerk down we can have the Milkman watch her.

I'll be there with the entire crew from our boat. We'll be late but we can drink fast and catch up.

So it's just like a regatta...

G