Kitty in Drag

Gulf of maine scuttlebut

Did anyone get any pictures of Hankerin's death roll with the chute up at the MS regatta last weekend?

Did anyone get any pictures of Hankerin's death roll with the chute up at the MS regatta last weekend?

Hey K2, rumor is that crash was like a Monday morning swim test at SYC with all the juniors in the water??? Sounds like Hankerin' needs a blooper! DOH!

Rumor has it that one of the sponsor boats got the the whole thing in photos. There are people on it now, trying to get the pictures. As soon as I get any, they are going up on this thread. Just be patient.

Rumor has it that one of the sponsor boats got the the whole thing in photos. There are people on it now, trying to get the pictures. As soon as I get any, they are going up on this thread. Just be patient.

Hey Whipper, that sounded like quite a speedwobble you guys found yourselves in... how 'bout a play by play? Waaaaaappened??

how was the fishing whipper? catch anything big?

The volunteer media boat had a professional marine photographer that caught the whole thing. He is currently between Boston and Ft. Lauderdale so hasn't been able to make the pics available yet. He is suppose to have all ready to launch this afternoon. I'll let you all know when I hear from him.

There could be some good ones in the Forecaster this week also as their photographer was with Revo II.

We (FT10m) dropped out after taking about a season off of the brand new mainsail and ripping a jib car off the track (though it wasnt damaged)..

...so after hauling the boat today I noticed the forward 2 inches of the starboard jib track actually weren't there anymore, so while the jib car wasnt damaged, the track's a bit shorter now. Fortunately that part's only really needed for the #4 jib in heavy weather.

Edited by snakepliskin

Hey K2, rumor is that crash was like a Monday morning swim test at SYC with all the juniors in the water??? Sounds like Hankerin' needs a blooper! DOH!

That was a homer simpson moment. But we did get the boat going 15 kts before it went over.

That was a homer simpson moment. But we did get the boat going 15 kts before it went over.

you guys looked fast

Ok, here we go.

Going between 13 and 15kts depending on waves. everytime we run into one, I feel a punch in the tiller that tells me the boat wants to carve to leward, but nothing that strong and I would just stick it up a few degrees and we'd be fine. My opinion is that we were trying to sail a little deep to the mark and our weight was too far forward. Bow drives down into backside of wave. Tiller hits me in chest and pushes me back up agains life lines. No control. "Ted boats going over". Ted, "everybody hold on." Stern skids out to windward as sails load up and bow is stuck in backside of wave trying to part the seas like moses. Not working. Boat goes over hard and deck goes vertical as boom gybes over onto our running backstay. Rig somehow stays up. Boat over hard drifting on its side at about 1 knot. 4 nonsailor types (sponsor rides) stuck on leward side along with jsut about everyone else. Ted and finn are trying to pull people out of the water, Willy is pulling lines out of water in case we need to turn engine on when we get the boat upright (we were getting close to rocks) and I'm pulling in on the new runner. Runner on. Old runner off. Old runner wrapped around K2 and sponser woman. Old runner eased enough to let boom out about half way. Boat back on its feet. Everyone ok? crew count. everyone is good. 3 people on spinnaker to get it down. sponser people down below to warm up. spinnaker is down. Willy pulls in mainsheet so we can tack away from rocks. success. Pole down. ready on blade? Blade up and in, mainsheet off. Downwind on starboard at 10 kts. Rig check? good.

Thats about it. Only thing we broke was a compression batten. no broken bones, only bruised egos. But at least I was dry.

oh come on it's just a flesh wound...

yeah, just a flesh wound on a 92 year old woman who's been bed in for ten years.

hehehe

yeah, just a flesh wound on a 92 year old woman who's been bed in for ten years.

hehehe

owwww- 92yr old woman....bed....

kitty sees the best in everything...

Ok it happened - here are the pics.

A little cumbersome to get there but worth it.

go to MS Regatta photos

on the left for photographer name type in (or copy & paste)

jamesbalbonimaritimephotographer

customer number 9545403500

click on MS Maine 2007

click on Sailboats

The photos everyone is waiting to see are on pages 7, 8 & 9. Good shot of the Hallett 33 in there too.

Edited by Navy junior

Ok it happened - here are the pics.

A little cumbersome to get there but worth it.

go to MS Regatta photos

on the left for photographer name type in (or copy & paste)

jamesbalbonimaritimephotographer

customer number 9545403500

click on MS Maine 2007

click on Sailboats

The photos everyone is waiting to see are on pages 7, 8 & 9. Good shot of the Hallett 33 in there too.

Holy crap. I had to go through about 27 pictures untilI found a shot where you guys had some runner on. Good thing that boat came with two rigs...tick tock

Does anyone have a trailer for a 26 foot boat that I could rent/barrow for a weeked? The boat is 26' long 7'8" wide and 4'8" deep and 4000lbs. I think almost anything with jackstand-like pads would work.

there are alot of great photos on the website - maybe these highlights will encourage a few people to go check it out or buy something.

a couple of shots of the Hanker'n knock down - I 'm glad you guys knew what you were doing and recovered well.

post-10192-1187872325_thumb.jpg

photos are copyright James Balboni

954-540-3500

jamesbalboni@msn.com

Navy has the instructions to find the rest of the photos above.

Edited by dirtdog

Ok, here we go.

Going between 13 and 15kts depending on waves. everytime we run into one, I feel a punch in the tiller that tells me the boat wants to carve to leward, but nothing that strong and I would just stick it up a few degrees and we'd be fine. My opinion is that we were trying to sail a little deep to the mark and our weight was too far forward. Bow drives down into backside of wave. Tiller hits me in chest and pushes me back up agains life lines. No control. "Ted boats going over". Ted, "everybody hold on." Stern skids out to windward as sails load up and bow is stuck in backside of wave trying to part the seas like moses. Not working. Boat goes over hard and deck goes vertical as boom gybes over onto our running backstay. Rig somehow stays up. Boat over hard drifting on its side at about 1 knot. 4 nonsailor types (sponsor rides) stuck on leward side along with jsut about everyone else. Ted and finn are trying to pull people out of the water, Willy is pulling lines out of water in case we need to turn engine on when we get the boat upright (we were getting close to rocks) and I'm pulling in on the new runner. Runner on. Old runner off. Old runner wrapped around K2 and sponser woman. Old runner eased enough to let boom out about half way. Boat back on its feet. Everyone ok? crew count. everyone is good. 3 people on spinnaker to get it down. sponser people down below to warm up. spinnaker is down. Willy pulls in mainsheet so we can tack away from rocks. success. Pole down. ready on blade? Blade up and in, mainsheet off. Downwind on starboard at 10 kts. Rig check? good.

Thats about it. Only thing we broke was a compression batten. no broken bones, only bruised egos. But at least I was dry.

That's hot! Nice play by play Benster!

Photos of MS Regatta, etc 2007. This is a more direct link.

http://orderpicture.com/index.php3?&cl...=Jam_9545403500

Check out the Survival Suit Race under the tugboat section also. Timed race: teams must get into their suits, jump in the water, then get the whole team into the dingy. Great fun. Maybe Hankerin' can enter this contest next year. :lol:

Nice Hankerin broach sequence starting at pic 195...

Ok, here we go.

WOW. Excellent recovery. I don't know how fast we were going but we heard the hum of the J24 hull going out the Hussey with the blade. Wild ride. The Circus crew was tempted to try the spinnaker but rational thought won out. I heard Roach Coach attempted the spinnaker to similar results. Howard was extremely glad he called me late the night before.

Have fun in m'head all you mainers...

Thanks to soggy, catsailor, jerk, and kitty for such a fun summer! And sshow for letting me bum a ride. I will see y'all after the freeze....

FLY

Thanks to soggy, catsailor, jerk, and kitty for such a fun summer! And sshow for letting me bum a ride. I will see y'all after the freeze....

FLY

Fly, we've had 3 great years best of luck at school...you'll do great. Stay in touch...Soggy.

Fly, we've had 3 great years best of luck at school...you'll do great. Stay in touch...Soggy.

What's up Soggy? Did you sell the boat?

FLY

Fly, you rock on the pointy end, we've got a new favorite bowguy... have a great winter, let me know if you get to FL to thaw out and we'll get out on the water

Well that sucks -

Yarmouth Cup cancelled

6 boats signed up

WTF

Damn it! What a fun race, I had a blast last year. The sail there was great, the party on the dock rocked, the margarita's on beausoliel kicked ass, the town is as whacky as Canadians can be--such a good time.

This just sucks.

edit: The delivery home for me was not so great.

Edited by bobothehobo

Spied a certain Tiger doing speed trials on 95 tonight... near exit 19 around 7pm... So how'd you do this weekend?

Well its good to know that boat is/was on its way back. The entire crew must of dropped their cell phones in the bay as all I got was their voice mails tonight. Hopefully#1 son caught his flight back to SoCal. Unfortunately I didn't make the trip but our son and a bunch of his 22-24 year old buddys sailed the boat. As far as results they were in a tough class and only 1 of the 7 crew had never really sailed on the boat prior to the race and that 1 showed up for only Sat/Sun when results improved.

640_dbce7R3lyK.jpg.xs.jpg

Well its good to know that boat is/was on its way back. The entire crew must of dropped their cell phones in the bay as all I got was their voice mails tonight. Hopefully#1 son caught his flight back to SoCal. Unfortunately I didn't make the trip but our son and a bunch of his 22-24 year old buddys sailed the boat. As far as results they were in a tough class and only 1 of the 7 crew had never really sailed on the boat prior to the race and that 1 showed up for only Sat/Sun when results improved.

640_dbce7R3lyK.jpg.xs.jpg

Boat's back, all's well, there were cell phone shenanigans all weekend and no one had a working phone by sunday, sorry about that.

Fun weekend, the FT is an absolute rocketship in light air, unfortunately we didnt have too much in the way of light air and we never really figured the boat out in a breeze, especially upwind in anything over 12 or so. Light air downwind was a blast though, rolling the IMX40 and the NM40's like they were standing still, and at one point hanging with the Melges 32 until the breeze came up a bit. After tweaking the rig a bunch we seemed a bit better by sunday, just in time for the last race. :)

Good learning experience though, it's a terrific boat in the light stuff and a little diffifuclt in a breeze though I don't think impossibly so. Thanks BH for letting us take it down.

Oh, and ramp launching was pretty simple too, though we never were totally sure we had the keel straight up and down so when possible sling/crane when you cane take some time with the keel is preferable for sure.

FLY

Fly-

We had a great time with you on the boat this year. My girl is going to send your girl the long term contract for 2008-2015.

enjoy U-V-GROOVY but keep some brain cells in reserve,

kitty

Well that sucks -

Yarmouth Cup cancelled

6 boats signed up

WTF

Any idea on how to turn this around for next year? I love the race!!!!!

FLY

Great sailing with you fly...you have mad mad mad bow skills.

See you in Tombstone next summer...

We had a great time with you on the boat this year. My girl is going to send your girl the long term contract for 2008-2015.

enjoy U-V-GROOVY but keep some brain cells in reserve,

haha, so far so good. brain cells still here...

well it sucks we are not hitting the starting line today to head to Yarmouth. Personally I'ld take a distance race over a short day sail anytime. YC is a great race with a great party and you couldn't ask for a better reception by the locals. I think the event was kicked off in 1989 (judging from an old t-shirt) and I think I have only missed 2 but there are a few years in there I have difficulty remebering altogether.

Why the drop in interest?

delivery home

date is to close to New Englands

"my crew is not allowed to leave the country"

"I'ld rather be at home in a warm bed than sailing"

"The Cat is way to fast and I really miss the floor show on the Scotia Prince"

"I hate Rappie Pie"

Whats your excuse-

Dirtdog

We were not going to go this year because: 1) of a work conflict I had and 2) lack of committed crew.

I think the race has suffered because of a lack of leadership. I believe that Papa Smirf has stepped aside and no one has filled the void. This is the type of race that needs a chearleader to get people out. It doesn't have that at this time.

Dirtdog

We were not going to go this year because: 1) of a work conflict I had and 2) lack of committed crew.

I think the race has suffered because of a lack of leadership. I believe that Papa Smirf has stepped aside and no one has filled the void. This is the type of race that needs a chearleader to get people out. It doesn't have that at this time.

I agree with you Kitty that this year failed due to the lack of leadership. and some need a little arm twisting to enter.

well it sucks we are not hitting the starting line today to head to Yarmouth. Personally I'ld take a distance race over a short day sail anytime. YC is a great race with a great party and you couldn't ask for a better reception by the locals. I think the event was kicked off in 1989 (judging from an old t-shirt) and I think I have only missed 2 but there are a few years in there I have difficulty remebering altogether.

Why the drop in interest?

delivery home

date is to close to New Englands

"my crew is not allowed to leave the country"

"I'ld rather be at home in a warm bed than sailing"

"The Cat is way to fast and I really miss the floor show on the Scotia Prince"

"I hate Rappie Pie"

Whats your excuse-

Today is a very hard day the starting gun should be going off in 45 minutes for the YC and no one will be there. My 1st YC was back in 1999 and I fell in love with the race. And was one of big reason for buying a race boat. Sailing in the middle of a dozen or more whales and seeing prefect whale tail, the stars, sailing out of sight of land, having small fish jump up on the boat and sails, or looking behind the boat and seeing whale following in the wake and nature at her finest. ANd of course the warm wonderful people at the end of the race and the best parties. ANd lets not forget the racing wheather it was just luck or good racing skills it's sad to see it cancelled after 100+ plus hours of getting the boat ready hoping that I'll get everything done in time.

it was a lot of work but it was fun too.

Well that sucks -

Yarmouth Cup cancelled

6 boats signed up

WTF

What would happen if the six boats who signed up showed up, started together, and sailed off to Yarmouth anyway, "organized race" or not?

What would happen if the six boats who signed up showed up, started together, and sailed off to Yarmouth anyway, "organized race" or not?

It would never happen. Many programs are so concerned with GMORA points that they would never do it if it didn't count.

By the way,

Rappie Pie does suck

Wtf is rappie pie?

Do they serve it in Tombstone?

It would never happen. Many programs are so concerned with GMORA points that they would never do it if it didn't count.

It was never about the points to me!! It was about distance racing.

Wtf is rappie pie?

Do they serve it in Tombstone?

rappie2.jpg

the picture actually makes it look better.

I've had a theory on Rappie Pie for sometime now but have no definitive proof - Rappie Pie is actually the base to an ongoing practical joke that all of the seemingly hospitable people in Yarmouth sucker racers into every year at the events dinner. You feel obligated to try and eat some because everyone is so excited about the Rappie Pie and asking if you have tried the Rappie Pie - but mean while they all just sit around and laugh their asses off that we are actually eating the stuff.

Which boats are so concerned with the points? can you give us some names? I might be on one, unknowingly.

Theories about why Yarmouth Cup has struggled:

* Labor Day Weekend is big family weekend like July 4th and is right before school starts.

* Delivery home is long and sometimes upwind

* One leg, point to point course diminishes tactical variety and options which for some is an attraction

* Requires two days off from work

Party sounds great and Yarmouth is a neat spot. I agree marketing and promotion is critical to this kind of race's success. You need something for everyone- single and doublehanded classes, multihulls, corporate sponsors, etc.

Despite the assurance (sp?) of my attorney, I'd hate to get to Canada and find out I'm still banned. Hell, I hate to drive to the Old Port and mistakenly stumble into one of the bars I'm still banned from.

g

Theories about why Yarmouth Cup has struggled:

* Labor Day Weekend is big family weekend like July 4th and is right before school starts.So?

* Delivery home is long and sometimes upwind It's 24 hrs.! Easy delivery

* One leg, point to point course diminishes tactical variety and options which for some is an attraction One word- PARTY

* Requires two days off from workAnd this is a problem why?

Party sounds great and Yarmouth is a neat spot. I agree marketing and promotion is critical to this kind of race's success. You need something for everyone- single and doublehanded classes, multihulls, corporate sponsors, etc.

Edited by Kitty in Drag

one leg point to point-

true, but it is a leg that is 174 miles long, alot can and does happen.

-taking advantage of 10 deg. wind shifts over a distance of just 25 to 30 miles can make a big difference.

-placing the boat in the right spot for a weather change.

-sailing the boat to it's polars and choicing the proper gybe angle.

-the tides around yarmouth are a big tactical call, setting your self up and being in the correct spot for a tide change are very tactical.

-true some years are a steady broad reach - but some years are light air and some have been dead up wind in 15-20 knots.

-The race tends to favor heavy displacement boats more years then not, being on a lighter displacement boat the challenge is to take better advantage of the opportunities found on the race course.

there are a lot of opportunities to capitalize on wind direction and velocity changes and weather changes over 174 miles. One of the great things about this race is that more times then not you don't know what your going to get until your out there.

Having a destination in a distance race somehow adds more to the experience.

Yarmouth Cup is always a good learning experience for any level of sailor.

Edited by dirtdog

one leg point to point-

-taking advantage of 10 deg. wind shifts over a distance of just 25 to 30 miles can make a big difference.

-the tides around yarmouth are a big tactical call, setting your self up and being in the correct spot for a tide change are very tactical.

-true some years are a steady broad reach - but some years are light air and some have been dead up wind in 15-20 knots.

-The race tends to favor heavy displacement boats more years then not, being on a lighter displacement boat the challenge is to take better advantage of the opportunities found on the race course.

there are a lot of opportunities to capitalize on wind direction and velocity changes and weather changes over 174 miles. One of the great things about this race is that more times then not you don't know what your going to get until your out there.

Well put DirtDog And the yarmouth cup is a good training ground for the longer races like Marblehead to Halifax and the bermuda races...

one leg point to point-

Good points Kitty and DirtDog. Now you gotta go out and promote them! Don't assume anyone knows about the race since so few have done it. Set up a website for starters and put some color on it for people, like me, who have never done it. Take a look at www.swiftsure.org for perspective.

Then you have to start the arm twisting. You need to go directly to the owners and promote, prod and perservere!!

Don't think you don't have to overcome the issues I identified. Stigma is stigma; never underestimate it!

99 out of 100 people polled about the Monhegan Race in 1998 said there's never any wind in that race and why would you want to sail all night anyway?

Good points Kitty and DirtDog. Now you gotta go out and promote them! Don't assume anyone knows about the race since so few have done it. Set up a website for starters and put some color on it for people, like me, who have never done it. Take a look at www.swiftsure.org for perspective.

Then you have to start the arm twisting. You need to go directly to the owners and promote, prod and perservere!!

Don't think you don't have to overcome the issues I identified. Stigma is stigma; never underestimate it!

99 out of 100 people polled about the Monhegan Race in 1998 said there's never any wind in that race and why would you want to sail all night anyway?

What if GMORA offered some type of "Offshore Trophy" at the end of the season for best score between the YC and Monhegan? Maybe that could create more interest?

The mulit-hull guys should love this race considering what Famu Sami did to the record 5-6 years or go...

Set up a website for starters and put some color on it for people, like me, who have never done it.

http://www.yarmouthcup.com/

Unfortunately the website does not have a contact link if people did want to get involved. It could also benefit from a crew match/delivery match posting. A lot more photos would help too.

If you are interested in contacting the Yarmouth Cup organizers do it through GMORA. They can get the info into the right hands. After all you know who these people are, this is a GMORA sanctioned event.

Start here and go to Officers & Directors. There is an email link to every one of them.

http://www.gmora.org/

What if GMORA offered some type of "Offshore Trophy" at the end of the season for best score between the YC and Monhegan? Maybe that could create more interest?

The mulit-hull guys should love this race considering what Famu Sami did to the record 5-6 years or go...

Not exactly the same trophy idea but did you all see this in the last GMORA newsletter?

"Come one, come all, to the Yarmouth Cup reception!

All GMORA members are invited to gather for the Yarmouth Cup Skipper Reception, sponsored by the American Diabetes Association. You don’t have to be a race participant to attend – everyone is invited!

The reception takes place Wednesday, August 29, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Handy Boat in Falmouth.

Delicious “fiesta” inspired food and drinks will be served as you enjoy great music and a beautiful setting. "

"New GMORA season trophy!

There’s a new trophy being added to the GMORA season awards. The Arthur K. Watson Memorial Trophy will be awarded annually to the Gulf of Maine Ocean Racing Association member whose yacht participates in the most GMORA sanctioned races. In the event of a tie, the yacht with the best aggregate score will win. The trophy will be unveiled at the Yarmouth Cup skippers reception August 29."

post-425-1188572386.jpg

" I hate rappie Pie"

- Clint in High Plains Drifter

oh please say it's so....

post-913-1188575222_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerk

Jerk:

A screenplay I have been working on:

Milty is a town marshall. It's his wedding day and his last day as a lawman. He was about to leave town with his new bride to start a new life when some men come to town who tell him that a man he sent to prison some years ago has just been released and is arriving on the noon train. Milty and any of the townsfolk who remember him, know that he's coming to town for one thing; to get Milty. Milty's friends tell him to leave town which he does but Milt feeling that running away is not a solution returns and intends to face him. Milty tries to find support from his friends but all of them don't want to help him or are too afraid and all that they tell him is to leave, even his wife feels the same way. And as the train comes closer, Milty is all alone

Edited by Kitty in Drag

http://www.yarmouthcup.com/

Unfortunately the website does not have a contact link if people did want to get involved. It could also benefit from a crew match/delivery match posting. A lot more photos would help too.

If you are interested in contacting the Yarmouth Cup organizers do it through GMORA. They can get the info into the right hands. After all you know who these people are, this is a GMORA sanctioned event.

Start here and go to Officers & Directors. There is an email link to every one of them.

http://www.gmora.org/

I volenteered to help and was told I wasn't needed! GMORA would handle it all.

Jerk:

Milty is a town marshall. It's his wedding day and his last day as a lawman. He was about to leave town with his new bride to start a new life when some men come to town who tell him that a man he sent to prison some years ago has just been released and is arriving on the noon train. Milty and any of the townsfolk who remember him, know that he's coming to town for one thing; to get Milty. Milty's friends tell him to leave town which he does but Milt feeling that running away is not a solution returns and intends to face him. Milty tries to find support from his friends but all of them don't want to help him or are too afraid and all that they tell him is to leave, even his wife feels the same way. And as the train comes closer, Milty is all alone

I'm your huckleberry....

Jerk:

Can I be the dance hall girl?

Done! Just a girl.

Sinner will be the bar keep.

Jerk will be the cowpoke.

Cat sailor will be " Doc "

Dogdone will be the town drunk.

Edited by Kitty in Drag

Done! Just a girl.

Sinner will be the bar keep.

Jerk will be the cowpoke.

Cat sailor will be " Doc "

Dogdone will be the town drunk.

Kitty what will you be?????

Yarmouth Cup to me (I've done 5 since 1992, in conditions ranging from drifter to steady 30) has always been a long one leg slog followed by a great reception and (hopefully) a couple of days hanging out with some really friendly people.

The reason to do Yarmouth Cup is the people of Yarmouth.

Edited by snakepliskin

For those that don't know. This is pretty close to how I was told it is made.

Note the use of Salt Pork, lots of Salt Pork.

Rappie Pie :lol:

2 (3 pound) fryer chickens, cut into 8 pieces

3 onions, unpeeled and chopped

2 carrots, peeled

2 celery stalks

1 onion, peeled and chopped

Salt and pepper

3 pounds potatoes, peeled

1/2 pound salt pork, sliced into 1/4-inch slices

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a roasting pan, roast chicken pieces until golden brown, approximately 1 hour. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Deglaze pan with approximately 1 cup of water by scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to lift up the brown bits. Transfer liquid to a large stockpot. Once chicken has cooled, separate the meat from the skin and bone and set aside in a bowl. Add bone and skin to stockpot. Pour 2 gallons water into the pot along with unpeeled onions, carrots, and celery. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer for 2 hours, covered. Drain fat, bones, and vegetables with cone strainer from the broth into a bowl and return strained broth to stockpot. Add peeled onion, salt, and pepper, to taste. Simmer for another 30 minutes or until onions are tender. Keep warm.

Grate potatoes with either a hand grater or juice extractor. Measuring 2 cups at a time, scoop potato mush into cheesecloth and squeeze until all the liquid is removed. Do not discard liquid until measured for its volume. Place potato pulp into a large mixing bowl, while slowly stirring with a wooden spoon, add hot chicken broth measured to the same volume as the discarded potato starch liquid. Potato mixture consistency is correct when the wooden spoon just slightly falls over when made to stand up in the mix. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a saute pan, fry the salt pork just to render the fat, remove salt pork, and set aside. Add the rendered fat to the roasting pan. Add a 1-inch layer of potato mixture on top of the fat, then layer reserved chicken meat and repeat process until last layer of potato mixture is on top. Add salt pork strips to the top of your potato pie and bake for 3 hours or until a brown crust is formed.

Rappie Pie

2 carrots, peeled

2 celery stalks

Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a roasting pan, roast chicken pieces until golden brown, approximately 1 hour....

mmm...tasty....

Kitty what will you be?????

Town drrrrrunk reporting for duty pussssssssssssyy I ,\\\mean Kitty

Rappie Pie :lol:

2 carrots, peeled

2 celery stalks

Salt and pepper

I never realized it had meat in it.

GMORA sailors, the annual meeting is coming up, and you'll have the opportunity to vote in a new slate of officers. Anyone who willing to step up and take a position on the board or executive committee is invited to do so.

GMORA sailors, the annual meeting is coming up, and you'll have the opportunity to vote in a new slate of officers. Anyone who willing to step up and take a position on the board or executive committee is invited to do so.

darkcrick.gifdarkcrick.gif

/c

Not exactly the same trophy idea but did you all see this in the last GMORA newsletter?

"Come one, come all, to the Yarmouth Cup reception!

All GMORA members are invited to gather for the Yarmouth Cup Skipper Reception, sponsored by the American Diabetes Association. You don’t have to be a race participant to attend – everyone is invited!

The reception takes place Wednesday, August 29, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Handy Boat in Falmouth.

Delicious “fiesta” inspired food and drinks will be served as you enjoy great music and a beautiful setting. "

"New GMORA season trophy!

There’s a new trophy being added to the GMORA season awards. The Arthur K. Watson Memorial Trophy will be awarded annually to the Gulf of Maine Ocean Racing Association member whose yacht participates in the most GMORA sanctioned races. In the event of a tie, the yacht with the best aggregate score will win. The trophy will be unveiled at the Yarmouth Cup skippers reception August 29."

Well, that was accurate when it was written and posted Aug. 14. Then the useless GMORA communications person had the nerve to (1) go on vacation, and (2) do so in such a manner as to remove herself from Internet access. The nerve of some people! :P

Well, that was accurate when it was written and posted Aug. 14. Then the useless GMORA communications person had the nerve to (1) go on vacation, and (2) do so in such a manner as to remove herself from Internet access. The nerve of some people! :P

Did anyone show up to the unveiling????

Did anyone show up to the unveiling????

I have no idea. I was on vacation at the time, and was out of wifi range. :D

BUMP

BUMP

LMAO... the silence is deafening. Even suider's crickets have stopped chirping!

Date, time, place? Didn't see info on the GMORA site. Can I join there? Because, honestly, figuring out how to join online isn't quite worth the "free" bit... As someone who sails OPBs... And I wouldn't mind joining.

G

Date, time, place? Didn't see info on the GMORA site. Can I join there? Because, honestly, figuring out how to join online isn't quite worth the "free" bit... As someone who sails OPBs... And I wouldn't mind joining.

G

there goes the organization...

And while I'm at it... Who's in for the Fall Series? We are (assuming it's not too cold or windy)!

G

The Fall Series is the best!

The way sailing should be.

And all the sweeter because it's the last.

Nice little socialization after each race too.

'Course last year Kitty made it possible

for all us puppies to sail right into December.

One of the best was sailing with the harvest moon.

The dawgs were howling that night.

Does anyone know of a good Huricane hole closer to Portland than Quahog Bay?

I have a funny feeling about what's developing south east of Cape Hatteras!!!!

Live aboard friends and long term cruisers who lived at DiMillos always planned to go up the river and either tie up to the scrap dock or anchor in that part of the river. That was pre-911, so I don't know what the port authorities would think of it now.

I would imagine that in by porter landing near South Freeport is a very well protected area - Kitty would know best on that one.