Kitty in Drag

Gulf of maine scuttlebut

Ok... so... err... umm.... we're all waiting with baited-breath. Details people, DETAILS.

JERK forgot to mention the sail number: USA 40108

of course this is all very suspect considering the date this topic showed up on but lets have some fun anyway.

googling the sail number pointed directly at the boat in question. ;)

here

Scooter US 40108, has to be the one.

the beam to length ratio is alittle extreem

Should be fast for Monhegan Race on 08-08-08

An under the radar start-up. Laid back, good time, safety first, KISS style race. 7 boats currently commited.

Notice of Race

Maine Rocks Race, September 13, 2008

The Maine Rocks Race is a short handed race sponsored by the Rockland Yacht Club. The race offers those that participate the experience of sharpening short handed offshore sailing skills and refining systems and procedures for shorthanded passage making.

1) The Course: The rhumb line length of the course is approximately 112 nm and fits the description of an ORC category 3 event. Boats must be so equipped. While life rafts and EPIRBS are not required for a Cat 3 race they are strongly encouraged. The start and finish are in Rockland Harbor. The basic course is, upon leaving Rockland, to leave Matinicus Rock to port, leave Mount Desert Rock to port, leave Matinicus Rock to Starboard, and finish in Rockland Harbor.

2) This is a double handed race however single handed entrants may be allowed at the discretion of the race organizer. Single handed entrants will be required to submit a sailing resume to include at least one single handed passage of at least 50 miles in the boat they enter in the race. No handicap allowance will be made for single handed entrants.

3) The Schedule: There will be an informal dinner, followed by the skippers meeting (mandatory) at the Rockland Yacht Club on Friday, September 12 at 1800 hrs. The start will be at 1000 hrs. Saturday. There is no time limit on this race. Prize giving is tentatively scheduled for 1700 hrs Sunday.

4) The Rules: The race will be governed by USSailing’s Racing Rules of Sailing 2005-2008, this Notice of Race, and the sailing instructions that will be available at the skipper’s meeting. Auto pilots and wind vane self steering devices are allowed and prudent use is encouraged.

5) Other equipment: Each boat must be equipped with jacklines. There must be a suitable harness for each crew and each crew must be clipped to the jackline, or other suitable strong points, when on deck, during the entire race. Each boat must deploy a radar reflector during the entire race.

6) Eligibility: This race is open to mono hull sailboats with a LOA greater than 27 feet that hold a valid PHRF certificate. The race organizers reserve the right to disallow any entrant deemed inappropriate or improperly equipped. The decision of the race organizers is final.

7) Scoring: Divisions will be established at the discretion of the race organizer. All boats will be scored using their PHRF racing handicap. Corrected times will be calculated using the time on distance formula, and the appropriate wind speed modifier.

8) Prizes: Prizes will be awarded for first, second, and possibly third place on corrected time in each division. A prize will be awarded for first boat to finish. A prize will be awarded for the best corrected time finish for a double handed family team not including husband/wife teams. A “Jack and Jill” prize will be awarded for the best corrected time finish by a husband and wife team.

9) Entry Fee: $35.00/boat.

10) Registration: Contact Doug Pope at doug <at> popesails.com for registration details.

For an abstract of ISAF Category 3 requirements go to www.sailing.org/1930.php

The race sounds interesting. I just bought a J-35 and am outfitting her for some GMORA racing this summer. I have a place in Camden so I am looking to do something out of that area. What else is going on this summer with the Rockland Yacht Club? I'll probably keep the boat in Casco Bay for June and part of July. Mark

2 large events not on the GMORA schedule:

West Bay race, 2 day event. This year will be start saturday from Northport headed to Rockland, over night with blues festival, then sunday return. Good times. The "odd" years are reversed, start in Rockland, head to Northport... 20-25 boats sometime in July

Around Isleboro race, 1 day. Circumnavigate Isleboro, pretty self explainatory, held out of Northport. 40+ boats. end of August/last race... err, was until the aforementioned Maine Rocks Race was created.

As a J35 guy, look up Ken Priest who owns Extra Beat... typically a boat to beat.

Edit, forgot there's Retired Skipper's Race out of Castine too, which is a no-spinnaker pursuit race where the helmsman must be over 65 and boats must be 25ft loa "cruising" i.e. must have some berths/sink/etc.... also a good time, it's mid August. Some years draws a big crowd.

2 large events not on the GMORA schedule:

West Bay race, 2 day event. This year will be start saturday from Northport headed to Rockland, over night with blues festival, then sunday return. Good times. The "odd" years are reversed, start in Rockland, head to Northport... 20-25 boats sometime in July

Around Isleboro race, 1 day. Circumnavigate Isleboro, pretty self explainatory, held out of Northport. 40+ boats. end of August/last race... err, was until the aforementioned Maine Rocks Race was created.

As a J35 guy, look up Ken Priest who owns Extra Beat... typically a boat to beat.

Edit, forgot there's Retired Skipper's Race out of Castine too, which is a no-spinnaker pursuit race where the helmsman must be over 65 and boats must be 25ft loa "cruising" i.e. must have some berths/sink/etc.... also a good time, it's mid August. Some years draws a big crowd.

Thanks. Mark

Isn't the Around Isleboro Race usually run the weekend AFTER labor day (in September)? That would make it the weekend just before the Maine Rocks Race, right?

Isn't the Around Isleboro Race usually run the weekend AFTER labor day (in September)? That would make it the weekend just before the Maine Rocks Race, right?

Oh probably, I can't remember... I think it was on the 8th last year. I mispoke about the August bit, obviously.

h.s. sailing starts practice, er, next week!! come on up! you can practice with my team!! :lol:

god. it's gonna be cold.

/c

The Boats at U of M get rigged up Thursday and practice starts necouplext week assuming that the ice has melted enough. I can't wait to get out sailing again.

HAHAHAHAHA you suckers are braking ice off your boats putting dry suits on and winter hats on. Then when you get out of your boat you push your remote car starter to turn you car on full blast high heat hahahaha. I grew up in ME for 21 years raced for USM at one time then one hung over snow shoveling driveway day i was like what the fuck am i doing here a month later i moved to Southern California and have been here for 4 years sailing year round with it 70 degrees out and some times 80 with no humidity.

The college team i coach out here has been practicing scents they came back from X-mass brake..

Plus we have Champaign powder only a couple of hours away..

For all you true Mainers in this post i hope your talking shit on the Dooshbag Yankees in the General Anarchy, Topic Name - Red Sox vs. Yankees..

kind of a dew fuss

kind of a dew fuss

Gessing his mayger at USM wuznt English.... WOW!

Hay Balls, due us all a fayver and doughn't tell aney one yer frum Mane.

kind of a dew fuss

Gessing his mayger at USM wuznt English.... WOW!

Hay Balls, due us all a fayver and doughn't tell aney one yer frum Mane.

Yea well when i come home for Pilot race you all are going to be looking at my stern bitches.

I will always love Maine and be Proud of were i came from so fuck you in for saying, "due us all a fayver and doughn't tell aney one yer frum Mane". Funny for making fun of my spelling i will still kick your ass any day of the week on the water your too old and too slow..

Yea well when i come home for Pilot race you all are going to be looking at my stern bitches.

I will always love Maine and be Proud of were i came from so fuck you in for saying, "due us all a fayver and doughn't tell aney one yer frum Mane". Funny for making fun of my spelling i will still kick your ass any day of the week on the water your too old and too slow..

Hey Deano, did JJ move to Cali? :)

yawn...............

QUOTE(Balls IN or Balls OUT @ Apr 9 2008, 04:25 PM)

Dude, loosen up your tie... your head's getting too big mmkay

Are you going to race with "daddy"?

Kitty i hear we may have a new runner bunny?

We do- The Princess of Clean. We will be able to eat out of the bilge.

nope old PYC and college friends

What boat?

HAHAHAHAHA you suckers are braking ice off your boats putting dry suits on and winter hats on. Then when you get out of your boat you push your remote car starter to turn you car on full blast high heat hahahaha. I grew up in ME for 21 years raced for USM at one time then one hung over snow shoveling driveway day i was like what the fuck am i doing here a month later i moved to Southern California and have been here for 4 years sailing year round with it 70 degrees out and some times 80 with no humidity.

The college team i coach out here has been practicing scents they came back from X-mass brake..

Yeah, but you're in California mate. Nttawwt. And they prolly won't notice your near illiteracy, which is another bonus.

Do all of New England a favor.

Stay right there.

We do- The Princess of Clean. We will be able to eat out of the bilge.

What boat?

Hey Kitty - When do we start working on the boat??

Hey Kitty - When do we start working on the boat??

Soggy no boat for you?? Thought you'd at least downsize to something..

Soggy no boat for you?? Thought you'd at least downsize to something..

No new boat this summer....but I'm really looking fwd to sailing on bdp.

Sunday , my man.

who's in?

kitty's in.

I'll be out of town until 4/30 keep the really nasty work till I get back.

Hey Kitty, did Jerk tell you Justine is running the BHYC junior program so she'll be in Maine and wants back into the bdp program?

Hey Kitty, did Jerk tell you Justine is running the BHYC junior program so she'll be in Maine and wants back into the bdp program?

If someone could get to her and tell her to call uncle kitty that would be great!

Done!

Cool...and whatever she is going to be doing on the boat, I want the job that is next to her.

Ah get down...

If someone could get to her and tell her to call uncle kitty that would be great!

News from BDP-

Justine has signed on for the 2008 season. My girl is talking to her girl about final contact negotiations.

The Milkman may be on the injured reserve list with a blown out knee. The Associated Press reports the injury occured as he was fleeing from a class on Breast feeding.

Uncle Milty has signed on for the 2008 season.

So.... where the hell did this come from??? That's a big scary race:

http://stoningtontoboothbayharbor.com/race__nor

Anyone see the NOR?

$50 application fee

$650 entry fee

$60/each crew fee

$15/each party fee (before)

$15/each party fee (after)

$250 late fee

I come up with $1420 or $1670 with the late fee. To put it into a perspective we can ALL understand, that comes out to about 370 Mount Gay & Tonics.

On top of the fees I think the equipment requirements are a bit over the top, along with the Safety at Sea for crew. I'm pretty sure that if you don't have the number of people you need through training now you're out of luck. There are no more seminars scheduled that I know of. IMO they took a great idea and buggered it, on a number of different points.

Anyone see the NOR?

$50 application fee

$650 entry fee

$60/each crew fee

$15/each party fee (before)

$15/each party fee (after)

$250 late fee

I come up with $1420 or $1670 with the late fee. To put it into a perspective we can ALL understand, that comes out to about 370 Mount Gay & Tonics.

I'm not surprised, considering who's running that show. We had a close encounter with the Corinthians in Tenants Harbor one summer a number of years ago. Observing their antics had to be one of the most entertaining parts of our cruise that year.

Imagine dozens of pairs of Thurston and Lovey Howell clones, on their luxury yachts (none less than 40 feet), saturating the VHF making plans for cocktails and hors d'ouvres, and asking to change their dinner seating time for the shoreside lobster feed. The next day, precisely at 0900, they all simultaneously dropped their moorings and paraded out of the harbor as "The Halls of Montezuma" blasted from speakers on shore. It was a sight to behold, for sure. Stickboy and I watched from the cockpit of our humble little Pearson 26 in total awe (between bouts of laughing our asses off of course). Then as they made final preps for their "race" across West Penobscot Bay to Pulpit Harbor, they again saturated the VHF as "racers" scrambled to find non-racers willing to tow their dinks.

The inflated entry fees and equipment requirements will do a fine job of weeding out riff raff like us, doncha know. ;)

I'm not surprised, considering who's running that show. We had a close encounter with the Corinthians in Tenants Harbor one summer a number of years ago. Observing their antics had to be one of the most entertaining parts of our cruise that year.

Imagine dozens of pairs of Thurston and Lovey Howell clones, on their luxury yachts (none less than 40 feet), saturating the VHF making plans for cocktails and hors d'ouvres, and asking to change their dinner seating time for the shoreside lobster feed. The next day, precisely at 0900, they all simultaneously dropped their moorings and paraded out of the harbor as "The Halls of Montezuma" blasted from speakers on shore. It was a sight to behold, for sure. Stickboy and I watched from the cockpit of our humble little Pearson 26 in total awe (between bouts of laughing our asses off of course). Then as they made final preps for their "race" across West Penobscot Bay to Pulpit Harbor, they again saturated the VHF as "racers" scrambled to find non-racers willing to tow their dinks.

The inflated entry fees and equipment requirements will do a fine job of weeding out riff raff like us, doncha know. ;)

Thurston: I grew up on a yacht. I know something about signals.

Lovey: Yes, Thurston can signal for the cocktail hour. A third round of martinis.

Professor: Yes, but can he signal for help?

Thurston: Good heavens, after the third round what do you think I'm signaling for?

post-17808-1208438785.jpg

News from BDP-

Justine has signed on for the 2008 season. My girl is talking to her girl about final contact negotiations.

The Milkman may be on the injured reserve list with a blown out knee. The Associated Press reports the injury occured as he was fleeing from a class on Breast feeding.

Uncle Milty has signed on for the 2008 season.

I find it odd that he would be fleeing a class that he's qualified to teach...but what do I know.

It looks like two crews in the fleet will be switching boats this summer as Maine Maritime Academy has sold/traded Sheerness for Revo 9.

It looks like two crews in the fleet will be switching boats this summer as Maine Maritime Academy has sold/traded Sheerness for Revo 9.

Not sure if it was a trade I heard there will be no Revo this summer....What is the "new" class A down to 4 boats....think they may want to rethink the splits..

How could you race for USM when it is quite apparent that you went to Beal College?

Unbelievable....

Not sure if it was a trade I heard there will be no Revo this summer....What is the "new" class A down to 4 boats....think they may want to rethink the splits..

It was never more than four boats anyway. We are better off having the Maritime boyz....they will show up.

Still quite happy with the new class spread.

just heard PHRF might be considering a 6 point hit for 3DL sails. ;)

I have been asked not to discuss what's happening with boats (and I will respect that), but I think I am at liberty to say that, as far as I know, the Revo management is taking a year off. I know I'm looking for another ride for this summer...

G

Anyone with a truck who would be interested in towing a trailer to Tenn then back with a boat for some $$ pm me...

I have been asked not to discuss what's happening with boats (and I will respect that), but I think I am at liberty to say that, as far as I know, the Revo management is taking a year off. I know I'm looking for another ride for this summer...

G

Word.

Many of us will be looking for a ride.... :(

Falmouth PD sketch artist rendition of "Red Hot Racer" (aka Death Star) skipper based on last PYC sighting.

post-17808-1208966861_thumb.png

Yet another sign that summer is really going to happen, Points East Crew Match parties!

When: May 7, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.

Where: Handy Boat in Falmouth Foreside

When: May 16th 5:30-7:30 p.m.

Where: Rockland Yacht Club's new location, at the head of Public Landing with Rockland Harbormaster.

Oh my god-

come back Jerk, don't leave us for "the red hot" racer!

(you really can't make this shit up can you)

absolutely not...great stuff

I have to say it has been a great news week in the Gulf of Maine...

1st- team Revo on Summer Vacation

2nd - love goes sideways on "the red hot racer"

What next?

I have to say it has been a great news week in the Gulf of Maine...

1st- team Revo on Summer Vacation

2nd - love goes sideways on "the red hot racer"

What next?

No doubt...all this so early. Not even one boat in the water yet...

BTW...who left whom?

What do you mean, a rating hit for a type of sails. Just 3DL's? Is this real or just a rumor.

What do you mean, a rating hit for a type of sails. Just 3DL's? Is this real or just a rumor.

I think that was a joke...

Well if it's a joke, someone owes me a beer.

I'll buy you a beer after you guys sail the States....;)

Anyone have some Revo 9 pictures?

potential to sail to it's rating?

thanks!

lake.jpg

titanic-nautical-1024.jpg

No, seriously... It's a really fun boat to sail. Can be a bit of a handful though...

G

lake.jpg

titanic-nautical-1024.jpg

No, seriously... It's a really fun boat to sail. Can be a bit of a handful though...

G

Wow...

Alright... That was unfair... But it was pretty funny.

G

yeah, but you left out a couple....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

naptown forecast is brutal... we went out today for a 'cobweb removal' practice.... very 'gulf of maine' breeze.... in august... :angry:

forecast tomorrow is saying, um, like 6kts..... oh well... sailing anyway!

/c

Well if it's a joke, someone owes me a beer.

I would say fabricated bullshit for a tounge-in-cheak ref. of rumored new rags, or jab, but "joke" works. glad to buy you a beer if you passed it on as fact.

Is true about the 9 sec hit for all boats with bow sprits?

post-5090-1209121269.jpeg

I would say fabricated bullshit for a tounge-in-cheak ref. of rumored new rags, or jab, but "joke" works. glad to buy you a beer if you passed it on as fact.

All a rumor, our sails last year were just getting fast. The Main had a "flesh wound" in the fall- but with a little duct tape we are all set

All a rumor, our sails last year were just getting fast. The Main had a "flesh wound" in the fall- but with a little duct tape we are all set

It's hard to even call those sails...

What Main????

What Main????

We just figured with JH driving and Ian the 8 year old Opti Ace in the afterguard we had to make it fair for the rest of you...

What Main????

And our main in the bag looks a lot better than that thing to leeward of us anyway! LOL

And our main in the bag looks a lot better than that thing to leeward of us anyway! LOL

Man, That's hot!

G

G - Did you find your "ride"? http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/652735745.html

BDP crew call for this Saturday at brewers-

Who's in? Kitty's in.

Revo was swapped for Shearness and Shearness is already under agreement to be sold