• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WaterDog

Express 37

16 posts in this topic

If you own or know of an Express 37 . I would like to put together a current list of boats with Locations and hull numbers. May be start a class site and pass along information. They build 64 boats from 1984 to 1988 with most being on the west coast with B) a few in L I S.

Hey WaterDog,

Perhaps try contacting some through http://www.express27.org/

They may be able to help even though it is outside of their class..,

Cheers,

thirtythree

WaterDog

I sent you the ones I know and the owners names via email.

Dee

Cosmic Warlord is an Express 37 owned and kept at the Bitter End Yacht Club in the BVI. It just got second in it's class at the Rolex in St. Thomas.

Don't know the Hull # but e-mail John Glynn or Gordon Overing at BEYC.com

Express 37

1 Brendan Busch Bullet 40311 St. Francis YC

2 Bartz Schneider Expeditious 18478 San Francisco YC

3 Kame Richards / Bill Bridge Golden Moon 18488 Encinal YC

4 Steven Toteda Il Falco 40963 South Beach YC

5 Mark Dowdy Eclipse 18495 San Francisco YC

Sally Ann used to be out of the Sausalito YC.

Don't know if it's still there though.

I have raced on what used to be an Express 37 for a few years in Detroit (I think that the PHRF committee now calls it a Custom 38.5 due to the stern scoop and other mods).

There's an Express 37 in Houston too but I can't think if the name. I think Express is in the name. John Butler owned it and I think still does.

Fat Chance, ex Secret of Nimh, hull No. 13. Now owned by Steve Brown. Naples, Ca.

Brownie has an Express 37....no way...I thought he always had PHRF beaters...

In LIS

Troubador

Walrus

Cabidy

Lora Ann

There are more than that in LIS...there's also Soulmates, Draco, Lea, and a few others whose names are escaping me. You definitely want to talk to Adam Loory or Rich DuMoulin, they'll know where all of the Expresses in the Northeast are -- there have been one design starts in past years at the Larchmont NOOD and other regattas.

Millenium Express  Express 37  87572  John Butler  (Houston)

Millennium Express is Hull Number 4, originally owned by Tom Hines in California, now in Houston owned by John Butler. Sail number is 87572. In California we raced against Blade Runner, hull number one and occasionally a couple of others. Millie is still a beautiful boat.

J

From the SoCal PHRF Valid list (updated 2/17/2004):

18324 CALIFORNIA EXPRESS CYC EXP37 CHARLES KELLEY

18373 EXPRESSO SYCLB EXP37 ROBERT T. MOORE

33819 JUNO LAYC EXP37 DAVID V. CORT/CAROL ARMITAGE

87549 BLADE RUNNER KHYC/CBYC EXP37 MICHAEL SHLENS