• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

Quantum Caption Contest

And the austrians once again demonstrated that they would have been much better off going skiing!

Quietly and with little fanfare, North Sails One Design unveils the Demi Moore, roto-molded spinnaker.

Rumor has it that the design was inspired by the actress' famous Vanity Fair cover.

Dear fellow competitors, thank you for rolling that rotting nasty dead fish up in our mainsail...you're quite the jokers. But, paybacks a bitch, ain't it? P.S. Your missing thread is all balled up and stuffed into your bow. We left you a sewing needle as well, have fun with your embroidery!!! Hahahahaha!

"Darned North sails shoulda gone with Ullman"

"I said run the tapes not ruin them"

"I guess you didn't anticipate that shift"

"The shoulders aren't projecting"

I love the new window I just wish it was a litle lower...

"Stupid Airlines, I can't believe they confiscated our spinnaker. Improvising is cool, but we have to make sure we get that bedsheet back to the hotel before check out time."

Dude, how did you let the sailmaker convince you that a halter top runner was cutting edge?

oh shit.

Dude, you know how I was a bit late on the last take down. That won't be a problem this time!

Driver: My brother's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill you and he's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill us!

Crew: Hey man, just be glad I had fast reflexes!

Driver: My brother's gonna shit!

Crew: Make up your mind, dude, is he gonna shit or is he gonna kill us?

Driver: First he's gonna shit, then he's gonna kill us!

Crew: Relax, alright? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

"Well... (5 second pause) Shit."

:P:P:P

The winner! That sinking feeling where you know things are going to go downhill from here. Usually happens when you're winning at the time. A quite and reflective "..........Shit" is about all you can do about it

Pole foreward!

This month's caption contest is brought to you by Quantum Sail Design Group. (No these aren't Quantum Sails!). Quantum has some great prizes for the best three captions so have at it! Thanks to Guilain Grenier for the photo.

06/06/06

".....uhhhh that's not fast, is it?..."

470-$1600

matching crew gear- $500

brand new north kite- $400

wishing you bought a quantum spinnaker -priceless

or

Now with half a kite our rating will go up and we might have a chance to win!

or

what's it rate?

Trimmer: Hey Skip, do you still have the receipt for that new spinny?

Skipper: Why?!?

Trimmer: Umm, no reason really, just curious..

or

Trimmer: Umm, ahh.. Anyone else want to trim now?

Sailmaker: "so what did u think of the new shute?"

Trimmer: "i'm not sure. There was just something missing..."

AndyH

Crew: "Well, I've always said half a chute is better than one"

Skipper: "It's none, not one, you idiot"

Crew: "Oh...well half a chute is still better than none, right?"

Skipper: "Get off my boat"

------------------------------------------------------------

Crew: "So that's how the sunroof works!"

Skipper: "Sunroof? What sunr...oh."

------------------------------------------------------------

"It was the wind! I swear!"

Betcha someone brought a banana aboard!

This month's caption contest is brought to you by Quantum Sail Design Group. (No these aren't Quantum Sails!). Quantum has some great prizes for the best three captions so have at it! Thanks to Guilain Grenier for the photo.

06/06/06

Waddya mean you don't want a sunroof???

Reaper