• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

valenciasailing

Keel of USA-87

deffinately only a single keel strut attatched to the bulb, not a tandem keel at all, ill upload the pic and post a link

so no one thinks that the hazy white outline in line with the mast is a second foil?

Stupid AC - it is as exciting as watching grass grow

Yes, I do like watching that grass, it is quite exciting when there are lots of buds. Do you use hydroponics>?

I think a lot of what looks like keel is actually reflection or shadow from the hull. Take another look. I'll bet it's a prety standard hull/keel configuration.

Why are you all posting variants on the smaller pic?

Front page pic is much higher res.

Not really much of note there, longish bulb but I don't find that particularly surprising.

is it the chase boat or something else more freaky dicky?

AH its a scupper to drain the water. Look at the Soling or Star boats.

I am fairly sure I see twin foils if you look at the original picture and blow it up. But it looks like a bi-plane arangement. Not one in the others wake. the chord length also sceems a little short. Look closely at the top of the keel there is two distinct black areas with water between them.

Superkilt wins July's award for most off-topic post!

Back on topic - surely it would just be easier to use a polarising filter on the camera in the first place - instead of fiddling about with it electronically afterwards?

Back on topic - surely it would just be easier to use a polarising filter on the camera in the first place - instead of fiddling about with it electronically afterwards?

photoshop is alot cheaper then a plane ticket to Spain

photoshop is alot cheaper then a plane ticket to Spain

London - Valencia return - £130

Photoshop - £472

but AC sends me into a coma ,so i will not be bothering!