Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

Down Under

Down Under

Has there ever been a better picture? We'll have the full story tomorrow, but in the meantime, how's about we do a little caption contest? This one is brought to you by Rocket Boats and have fun!

10/11/06

According to Anthony Dutton from Rocket Boats, the sponsor of this contest, here are the best three. Thank for playing everybody.

1st Place "Melges yelling from shore "I told you not to take it out over 25kts.!!!" BlowHarde

2nd Place "Salesman on demo sail: "Unlike a J24, the Rocket does not sink" WunHungLo.

3rd Place "I'm not sure this whole water ballast thing is working. Are you sure we're doing it right?" Bedford.

Down_Under.jpg

"In a stunning collaboration between the J/24 Class Association and the Whirlpool Corporation, we are happy to announce that we are now taking orders for the world's first sail-powered jacuzzi."

Hey Mate...............You need to push away from the Table you Fat Bastard.

Oh Yea, you also need to lose that Homo Hat and get a Man Bag.

but I thought you turned off the water in the head.

The crew of "dingo ate my J" proving out once and for all age-old yacht club bar discussion that the weight of beer required for a J24 sailor to race Pacific Cup is more than the boat can carry and still stay afloat.

Luckily in a follow-up picture it was confirmed that the "4th man" beer was saved. (See post #10: http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums/index...889884&st=0 , not sure why I couldn't post a pic).

who says 3 is to many for an opti

"What the ....!?! Where are these facking bubbles coming from?? Oh, Dennis .... fer fack's sake, you didn't!?!"

"Oops. Sorry, guys. I guess I shouldn't have eaten that second breakfast burrito this morning."

Skipper: "My Daddy always told me the three most important things in sailing are Keep the Water out of the boat, keep the people in the boat, and don't hit anything expensive."

Crew: "Eh 2 out of 3 ain't half bad, who told you to get a J24 anyway?"

Skipper: "some loon on Sailing Anarchy, I think it was foredeck1916"

Crew: "Maybe you should have bought Sinner's boat instead"

so thats why they call them from down under.

**glug glug glug**

Hello? somebody called for me?

glug

'Hunt for Red October 2', where Ramius the hardend Ex Russian sub comander comes back to the sea in his 'catapiller drive' sub to hunt down submersable J24s, was a straight to DVD flop.

"quick, load all the blankets and some engine oil into the tubes, that'll fool those pesky U-Boats"

"that was a great bean feast, guys, but i've just followed through"

NEW - Jacuzzi "Open seas"

Superb view, natural bath salts, wave system integrated.

The last evolution is provided with imitation of sails to protect you from the sun of southern waters.

You can see it during first bubbling trial. Heating system will be detailed in our brochure, with a new process based on beer, rhum and vodka.

Just enjoy !

Doing a Movi..

Shit, that bastard over there has spotted us... don't look.. just think about the cash.... and whatever happens don't say you left the watertight doors open..

:D

AS

Quick, everyone to the back of the boat!! :rolleyes:

They Went to sea in a Sieve, They did

In a sieve they went to sea!

In spite of all their friends could say,

on a winters morn on a stormy day,

In a sieve they went to sea.

AND everyone said who saw them go,

"Oh wont' they be soon upset, you know

for the sky is dark and the voyage long,

And happen what may, it's extremely wrong

in a sieve to sail so fast!"

And when the sieve turned round and round

And every cried, "you'll all be drowned."

They called back aloud, "our sieve ain't big,

But we don't care!!!

In a Sieve We'll go to sea!"

Thanks for all the memories..... She is finally going down and I am going with her.

jibeset

The replacement handicap system for PHRF. The faster the boat the bigger the hole that gets drilled in the bottom. J/24s rate at 6mm.

No worries mate..she will be alright it's not a fucken j24...

And stop that fucken praying to your fucken God and he will not fucken help just look at what he let those Fucken Romans do to his own fucken son...fuck me dead if i had fucken god like powers no fucken romans would be nailing my fucken son to a fucken cross.. fair dinkum what a fucken wimpy god you have..

It's your shout so get me another fucken beer before they fucken float away

Rub a dub dub three men in a tub! A captin, A Tactician, and a Sail maker.

Captin say's "Ok you can wiz now and no one can tell!"

"Guys - I know we're totally soaked and last on the water - but you should see the rating we get under IMS. You see it over compensates for sinking and so. . . "

New sailing gloves, $30 - Proper foul weather gear, $240 - goofy looking white hat that even Judge Elihu Smails would not wear, $25 - having your photo on the cover of Sailing Anarchy, Priceless.