Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

Down Under

Sing along now

Bail bail bail your boat

Gently down to sea

Merrily Merrily Merrily

Life is but a dream

And a wet one at that.......

:o

That's it guys! Team dieting starts tomorrow!!!

Skipper

Down Under

Has there ever been a better picture? We'll have the full story tomorrow, but in the meantime, how's about we do a little caption contest? This one is brought to you by Rocket Boats and have fun!

10/11/06

But the rep said this baby would surf!!!!

Down Under

Has there ever been a better picture? We'll have the full story tomorrow, but in the meantime, how's about we do a little caption contest? This one is brought to you by Rocket Boats and have fun!

10/11/06

"At least I saved a ton of money on my car insurance"

:lol::lol::lol:

"Well chaps, hope you can swim. Last one to the bar is a rotten egg!"

The cover shot for the J-24 sales brochure. Introducing the worlds first dual purpose sail boat, plane along under sail with the doors closed, but with the flip of a locker you have your own personal submarine. 35 foot periscope not included.

Stephen

Dear patent agency,

Included is a picture of my new invention showcased on my racing sail boat. This mac-26 is in 7th mode, with our new air lift set up, we can by pass the 4th, 5th, and 6th modes, and hop straight to 7nth. With no bow theres no problem of hoping over your own bow wake.

Frank

Brilliant

Stephen

Hey Capt'n! When you said we were going to race down under, I thought you meant in Sydney!

"...Seems like a wet boat. What's it rate?"

"Moth, my ass! You idiot! You put the hydrofoil on upside down!"

Blue shirted crew to skipper..

"Just sit still and look innocent. The RC will stop struggilng soon and we'll get that OCS taken care of."

1) Busy discussing gybing techniques, this team did not notice they were sinking until their hats began to float.

2) When rescuers asked why the team didn't start bailing earlier, the captain replied "Bailing is for sissies!"

Following the success of China's Flying Tiger sport boat, Russia debuts the all new Kursk 10M.

OK skip, I had to pull like hell but I finally got this kelp cutter thingamabob out. Now what do I do with it?

How about from wind

"I think that was more than a hard luff Jack"

"Hi, I am Jack from Acme Repossession. My data says that you missed the payment on the hull, hence why it is disappearing.

Have a great day!"

"Maybe we really don't know what water ballast means. Are you sure you read the manual"

rub a dub dub three men in a tub

the newest members of the submariners club

with grand ideas of going to sea

thinking life on the ocean would make them free

who left the bungs at the dock we're not sure

but the three men are afloat no more.

Down Under

10/11/06

Whatdaya mean you forgot the bilge plugs!!!

Day 2 at the test site for the new FT10 engine door........

ballywho " So in order to market the yacht you will have to fit a quick release door for the engine. Something that can just pop out at a moments notice."

Robert Perry "That is a good idea but the class rules are set in stone and we did not allow for an engine door at all as it may cause a point to allow water in."

"DA MAN" " I agree it was not in the plans but we could make one from bamboo to keep costs down but offer at alternate in carbon to match the new tiller. And it would only be a small additional cost.

ballywho " What we need is a training video to show why you need to upgrade away from the bamboo to the carbon door. Man we could also throw in a carbon tiller for say another $5,000.

"DA MAN" " No problem. Please see attached the first trial of the carbon door. The best thing is that it will stop anyone commenting on the high cabin top at the same time."

No, No, I saw it in Sailing World. The New Zealanders did the same thing in the 2003 America's Cup. I can't for the life of me remember if they won, though.

Carbon

I told you we shouldn't have sanded the bottom with anyting finer than 600 grit

Skip: Its alright guys where still ahead of 20 boats.. ah 19, 18 17 16.....Time to hit the beach, my shout ay guys

My comment? for god's sake, when taking pictues in bright sunlight, with white sails, up the exposure compensation a few notches so you can at least SEE the guilty faces....

"OK, whos the genius that installed the bilge pump backward!"

So the centre of lateral area right, it is supposed to be below the centre of effort right, and the centre of bouyancy should be right about the centre of the effor.....hold on, is that a misprint?

'Twas on the good ship

"Saucy Sue"

The sea was rolling

We were too

We would have won

but here's the rub

Who forgot

The frigging

Plug

I keep telling you, you are pinching, you need to bear off a bit, and damnit the vang is too tight- ease the fricken vang. And while your at it sort out the damn trapeze wires.

Thanks for the test sail but I am looking for something with a bit more freeboard.

"Guys, while we're sitting here not going anywhere, up to our armpits in water, have either of you wondered if it is possible to win a caption contest by repeating posts made 24 hours earlier?"

"I GOT NOTHIN'!!!!"

(this phrase is usually reserved for helming a beach cat off the beach with the kite up and a jelly-ball takes out the leeward rudder for the umpteenth time).

I'm not sure this whole water ballast thing is working. Are you sure we're doing it right?

Frank demonstrates the viability of water ballast in trailerable sailboats, but wonders if the 50 HP Mercury will be now able to propel them to the fourth mode.