Janer

Santa Barbara Sailing

John Deere Cup:

SAT...E WINDS 10 KT...BECOMING W. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL

2 TO 3 FT.

SUN...WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W 10 KT. WIND WAVES

2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT.

Tonight's Wet Wed might be killer.

TODAY...N WINDS 10 KT...BECOMING W 15 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.

Ya the weekend is looking brutal.....time will tell

Hey, how about some predictions for the delivery? We are planning on leaving around 1pm Friday on the Farr headed for Ventucky. Predictions a bit grim the way I see it, although the wind might change to a better direction. What about the freakin hail, cold winds and big seas? Isn't it still summer? Just glad I'm doing it on the Farr and not the J/92, but we should do some radio contact.

I assume we will go to the inside guest dock at VYC. Will there be MaiTais waiting? Thanks.

Still looking for some real stories on Brennan's bachelor party. 18 Santa Barbara sailors in Cabo for 3 days. I have only been privey to a few. Some tattoo's and only one guy in jail for a short time. Money talks in Mexico. No one seems to want to give me the inside scoop. Anyone want to add stories?

It is blowing dogs off chains at my house right now. Wet Weds had some really wierd conditions, big puffs, big swells and vacilating wind so every leg was a tight reach.

Still looking for some real stories on Brennan's bachelor party. 18 Santa Barbara sailors in Cabo for 3 days. I have only been privey to a few. Some tattoo's and only one guy in jail for a short time. Money talks in Mexico. No one seems to want to give me the inside scoop. Anyone want to add stories?

Loose lips, sink corporate ships.

The SB team has arrived in Ventucky. The J/24 took the freeway and the Melges is hooked up to the John Deere and ready to tractor down tomorrow. The Farr 40 and J92 took the weather window of opportunity today and the two boats had a pleasant trip down with flat seas and only 5 knots of breeze. Although there are a lot of storm clouds, it's hard to believe that it is all going to turn to shit tomorrow. Heavy downpour, water spouts, big winds? Maybe the weatherman is smokin' something with Bobbo. We shall see.

Great Janer! One correction though... J24 came by sea, shoving off not soon after sunrise–nice morning for a motor sail.

thump

Looks like it might be a clearing day Saturday.

The SB team has arrived in Ventucky. The J/24 took the freeway and the Melges is hooked up to the John Deere and ready to tractor down tomorrow. The Farr 40 and J92 took the weather window of opportunity today and the two boats had a pleasant trip down with flat seas and only 5 knots of breeze. Although there are a lot of storm clouds, it's hard to believe that it is all going to turn to shit tomorrow. Heavy downpour, water spouts, big winds? Maybe the weatherman is smokin' something with Bobbo. We shall see.

Nope! Been in Re-Hab with Lindsey Lohan and Britney (again!). Cut-off Lows are a bitch. Quite unpredictable, kinda like women.

Bobbo

post-1614-1190344825_thumb.jpg

Good on ya Thump. Nice team effort all around. We also delivered the large Ventucky Cup Trophy to VYC.

..just for a weekend visit

post-1224-1190345181_thumb.jpg

Just hope that SBYC does better at Ventucky Cup than they did at Lipton Cup (Sorry Larry!).

Bobbo

No offense taken. It's fair to say that the skill level at Lipton may differ from the VC. Do you know the difference between a Harley and Hoover?

Actually, I've had good times at both events, but they have nothing in common as far as structure and competition.

As for silent bob, it's just more of his inane drivel emitted after a big afternoon of glue sniffing. God he's a bore.

They both suck!

The Harley and the Hoover, not the regatta's!

Hopefully the weather guy is wrong:

.SAT...NE WINDS 10 KT...BECOMING S IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT

OR LESS. W SWELL 2 TO 3 FT AT 8 SECONDS. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND

SLIGHT CHANCE OF TSTMS.

.SAT NIGHT...W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W

SWELL 2 TO 3 FT AT 8 SECONDS.

.SUN...WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS IN THE MORNING...BECOMING W 10

TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3 TO 5

FT.

Well, it sounds like the homeward delivery will be normal. 10-15 on the nose, of course.

Happy sailng and good luck to the team!

So, who's up for a little match of quarters after the racing tomorrow? Can't wait to play w/ ya'll... See ya in Ventucky--hay bails or it didn't happen.

Looks like its raining ;-(

But at least its light.

looks great @ 2:00 PM - white caps from the unusual direction of SE

looks like another squall coming in in an hour or so

First report on the Ventucky Cup:

I am actually embarrassed to do this report. Lots of great sailors from the Central Coast, Deke, Ryan, Kent, Dirk,Kenny,Grant, Velthon. Top notch crews including Kevin, Eric, Rushing, Andrew, Todd, Chewy, Raegan..the list goes on. Many of us doing this challenge cup for years. Four Yacht Club teams, 8 boats coming from Santa Barbara to do it. WTF happened? Fair amount of rain on the way out, lots of foul weather gear on.

A supposedly" paid' Race Committee. The first race was windward 1/2 mile mark, finish. It took us 15 minutes to do the course and Kent's Melges actually finished in front of the Farr 40, really kicking ass. Problem: the RC was eating their pork pie sandwiches and did not notice that we were finishing and did not take times. OK gotta throw that race out.

Second race, wind is picking up, lots of interesting cloud formations, trying to read the condition changes, strip off foul weather gear. Line not good. Lot's of fouls at the start. Then another 15 minute race, fun for all the J/24's and Melgi but a bit tough for the Farr 40, short race course, totally askew and set then getter down.

Third race, same shit all over again. Fourth race (which was not allowed for in the SI's), no come within hail flag or other proper RC protocal. Same short course only twice around. The whole thing was over by 2:30 pm.

I am not sure if the Race Committee could have done a worse job. It was pathetic, bordering on ridiculous. I am not saying that we did not have fun. We did. But being at the dock by 3 pm was kinda early to drink the Mount Gay that we brought along. But we took it in stride and drank it anyway, car pooled back to SBYC and got home by 5 pm.

So at this point I think SBYC is ahead, there was a protest against our J/24 team which I think we won.

The Farr 40 has 3 first place finishes. But who knows what surprises will come tomorrow? Hey,we love Ventucky Cup..we all made an effort to be there, now get some race committee who can make it a legitimate regatta. The folks doing the hospitality at VYC are great but I think the gals selling t-shirts could do a better job at race committee than the yahoos who are doing it now. GEEZ

We'll be back tomorrow. Could we get one leg that is longer than 1/2 mile so I could drink my Latte?

Thanks to all the sailors doin it. The race committee, not so much.

Jane,

I agree that the RC could have done a better job. I'm embarrassed and I'm hanging my head in shame. About all I can say right now is that next year will be different and I hope better.

Michael

something longer and more tactical than a two tack beat would be nice for tomorrow for sure..........would be nice for the RC to put there sandwiches down next time to record the finishes instead of throwing the race

Dear Diary,

Slept in till noon.

Watched "Home Alone" with Zoe.

Gee it's raining outside, should I put another log in fire?

Maybe I should have another cup of coffee and think about it.

Dang this couch is comfy.

OMG its already time for lunch!

Wonder how those guys are doing at Ventura Cup.

Made the best sandwich!

Took that nap that I rarely get to do, what a great rainy day to stay indoors.

I am sure I will here how great a day it was in Ventura,

That's all for now Diary

Jane,

I agree that the RC could have done a better job. I'm embarrassed and I'm hanging my head in shame. About all I can say right now is that next year will be different and I hope better.

Michael

Micheal,

I would be happy to help next year as would other Santa Barbara folks who do alot of race management. Today many of us talked about the old stories of Ventura Cup. The event has gone on for years and in some ways we love it. We love sailing against the boats and skippers who have been there for the last 20 years. But poor race management is really sad for those of us who travel to do this regatta. Please introduce yourself and let me or SBYC team know what we can do to make this regatta stay alive. Everything is there, good racing conditions, good sailors, volunteers. nice folks at VCY. A perfect set up for a great regatta, except that the race committee...well pretty much..is not making this look like a well run regatta to say the least. Thanks for your response.

While I agree that the lines were crooked, first race was a mistake and short courses tough for the bigger boats, you still couldn't pay me enough to do RC on a day like today... So thanks to those who did it! Tomorrow is another day.

As for protests, they suck. Sorry that we had to go to the room, but all's well that ends well - just wish it wasn't with our old boat...

Dear Diary,

Slept in till noon.

Watched "Home Alone" with Zoe.

Gee it's raining outside, should I put another log in fire?

Maybe I should have another cup of coffee and think about it.

Dang this couch is comfy.

OMG its already time for lunch!

Wonder how those guys are doing at Ventura Cup.

Made the best sandwich!

Took that nap that I rarely get to do, what a great rainy day to stay indoors.

I am sure I will here how great a day it was in Ventura,

That's all for now Diary

Max, DUDE!

You are getting soft. Why weren't you helping out your team in Ventura???

Hey guys life could be worse than wet day racing with the typical Ventucky courses.

I spent the day cleaning the garage.

Sounds like you are all sailing up too you potential, good job.

What was the call to the principals office all about? Who talked in the room? Raegan? she could sell margaritas to Priests.

post-17547-1190531010_thumb.jpg

post-17547-1190531345_thumb.jpg

Props to all who came down, and up,

Yes, the first race shoulda, coulda have been abandoned on the racecourse. Screwiest race I've ever been in in my life (except for the last race we did in SB, when less than one boat length across the start line, the skip shouts, "HOIST!!!" "What, the spinnaker????? WTF???". Yes, the winds can change. Who wouldda figured a headstay reach on the "downwind" leg (not that you Melgi sailors would notice...)? Oh well, post-front crap... I'm still embarassed that the RC had to toss out the first screwy race because of their missteps, but, if any race had to be tossed, that was the one. Things on the RC will tighten up tomorrow. I, too, wish that the courses had been longer on one of the best sailing days (clear skies, sparkly water, good wind, flat seas) anyone could possibly hope for.

Thump- sorry you had to encounter a long session in the room. Same to Evans. Hopefully everyone walks away ok. No changes in the results. First protest in three years.

Combo team- good going for the first day

Janer- I bought a lot of beer for Saturday's post race , but I still owe you a Mai-Tai. I sail on Jaded. Look me up, and we'd like to talk to you and anyone else (later) about how to improve...

As they say, tomorrow's another day; let's see who's a good Sunday sailor.......

Janer, Love you.... And yes, we did win the protest so I believe the SBYC team is 3 points ahead of the three other teams right now. My first protest room attendance tonight; what an experience. Thank you to the VYC hosts and all sailors for attending the event and to the weather gods for not raining on us on the water. It was looking "iffy" for a while on the dock. Dinner was held at an old favorite--Casa De Soria on Thompson Avenue off of Seaward. They have the most amazing margaritas & Mexican food!! YUM!! We'll see ya'll in the AM!!

Well they did it,they kicked our butts in the final race. So Ventura Yacht Club has the Cup back. Good job you all, good commaradrie at the end. Much better RC work today and really nice trophies. We need to work together to make this a good regatta next year. Team racing is fun. Gatherer thanks for the Mai Tai. I know you put alot of effort into this and all of us from Sb appreciate you and the others that did the same. I was just surprised that you followed up on your promise via SA on the cocktail and that you are damn good looking. We had fun, thank you.

Max, DUDE!

You are getting soft. Why weren't you helping out your team in Ventura???

Some of us work, weekends no less.

anyone catch the link to the photo's? There was some great competition this year. It was great sailing with everyone. Congrat's to the Farr and Ryan on the Melges. It was a great event to pop the cherry on the Tiger

anyone catch the link to the photo's? There was some great competition this year. It was great sailing with everyone. Congrat's to the Farr and Ryan on the Melges. It was a great event to pop the cherry on the Tiger

I saw the photos on the club board tonight but forgot to write down the link. Great shots, though. Please pass the link up if you've got it.

I agree, great competition. Glad to throw it down on the water and leave it there. Let's do it again!!!!!

The Farr has it tough, sailing against themselves, looking over the stern trying to figure out how they're doing. Favorite book must be the "Polar Express". Good job for the nth year in a row!

If I can dare speak for Ryan, me thinks the boat likes him.... 1st regatta???? WTF????

Re- Eric and the FT- you guys rocked, and we're happy for you. Good ride, good program. Congrats on getting the top non-SB boat award! I've never seen a bigger smile on Tex, and even Shrek seemed cuddly. You owe Scot some props for the sails....

On behalf of VYC, thank you to everyone who showed up, dressed up, and put out. For those who are negative, thank you for staying away. One of the most beautiful weekends I've had on the water. Makes me happy to have the opportunity to sail in one of God's great corners of the world. Mother Nature rocks! (Deke does, too!!!)

A definite thanks to Scott but even more importantly I gotta thank K-Lo for coming up to sail with us. It was a pleasure sailing with him and also forget to mention that the sails rocked....good crew, great venue, great weather, great weekend. A big thanks to everyone.

We had fun, thank you.

I've never had such a gracious note. Thanks for bringing all your friends to play, and as I forgot to say over the mic, "Thanks to everyone for playing nice".

Yeah, we did kick some booty in the last race, but I didn't hear until I was leaving the parking lot about the Committee Boat "dial-up" in the last start. We started at the pin with the Tiger. We had the pleasure of getting rolled by them ("Please, make it merciful") and then tacked on by you ("###@&**&^%, Thanks a lot!"), but the left proved right. We missed all the commotion over at the boat end, but you have to talk to those that were there to find out the whole story. Gosh, you're right, team racing is fun!!!!

We could see some of the "dial-up manuver" as we were gallopin' away. In Ventucky it's called the WTF manuver. It's like the wrangler cutting out one of the cattle. The J/92 decided to take down the J/35, cut her out of the herd and pinned her outside the committee boat for quite a while. The bovine got real spooked and was able to escape eventually and tripped up the wrangler on its way out, leaving the cow poke choking on the dust and exclaiming "WTF!"

Does that clear it up for you?

Beware of the chinchilla!

post-961-1190649556_thumb.jpg

Hide your sandals!

Yes, we did hear the disturbing news that one of our crew has been housing a chinchilla, what he calls a soft and furry rodent. We're not sure how close this thing is to a gerbil, but the stories were disruptive to say the least.

Sorry it took so long, but I had other committments that kept me away from the computer until now.

The attached file is the complete score sheet for the Ventura Cup. Please note that Bandaloop's time has been corrected in this last and final version of the results.

I hope everyone had a great time. If there is anything we can do to make the event better please let us know.

Gotta run now...back to wonderful Jury Duty for me.

Michael

2007_V_Cup_ScoreSheet.pdf

I've never seen a bigger smile on Tex, and even Shrek seemed cuddly. You owe Scot some props for the sails....

:unsure: I didn't know that I was in that stink-a-thon! The only reason I might seem cuddly is if I wasn't there...cmon now...I've got a rep to protect. Besides you don't want to know what I really think of this garbage.

Congrats on finally getting the new boat Eric...how bout a ride next time I'm in town.

:unsure: I didn't know that I was in that stink-a-thon! The only reason I might seem cuddly is if I wasn't there...cmon now...I've got a rep to protect. Besides you don't want to know what I really think of this garbage.

Congrats on finally getting the new boat Eric...how bout a ride next time I'm in town.

Anytime.....just give me a heads up and we'll get you out there

I, for one had a great weekend on the water. Being on the mark set boat the "Leo Robbins" I was able to get some nice pix. You can view them at zooomr.com/photos/vycrace. Thanks to everyone!!

CLR

There is a group function on this site if anyone wants to chime in. Go to group and the thread is "So?"

I do not know of any "group" thread on SA. The pics are great. Thank you!

I do know that this is the awesome "sailor chick of the week"

post-1224-1190691714.jpg

post-1224-1190691714.jpg

I agree, awesome sailor chick of the week. She's sweet, and "took one for the team" sailing on a painbox for the weekend. As the picture shows, though, you should not ease the genoa around the mark. The trimmer should be given a good "thump". :lol::lol:

One well used 1980 J24: $7000

Three gallons of gas for dawn patrol motor sail to Ventana: $9

Ten sandwiches and twelve pack of beer for crew: $56

Hot wife doing foredeck: priceless

Thanks for the weekend Ventana racers!

thump

Great pics, thanks for sharing! Good times...

I, for one had a great weekend on the water. Being on the mark set boat the "Leo Robbins" I was able to get some nice pix. You can view them at zooomr.com/photos/vycrace. Thanks to everyone!!

CLR

post-1224-1190691714.jpg

Geez, I look like a female Shrek all in green. :-) Thanks to all for hosting a fun weekend and congrats to VYC for your win. Nice sailing, everyone.

Thanks to Sam for taking the J24 back up to SB, and to Dirk for towing her. SO GLAD to be returning to the M24 this Wednesday, that's for sure. I've got boat-bites on my boat-bites from this weekend. J's are tough!

Cheers, all!

Geez, I look like a female Shrek all in green. :-) Thanks to all for hosting a fun weekend and congrats to VYC for your win. Nice sailing, everyone.

Thanks to Sam for taking the J24 back up to SB, and to Dirk for towing her. SO GLAD to be returning to the M24 this Wednesday, that's for sure. I've got boat-bites on my boat-bites from this weekend. J's are tough!

Cheers, all!

Prez - You are a rock star!!

Sea Shell Fundraiser coming up on October 8th. This is a great event that is the only fundraiser of the year for our Sea Shell kids! Boat tours, wine tasting of the best local wine (donated), and fabulous appetizers made by the Sea Shell moms (and a few dads). Great silent auction items too. It's all happening on Marina One, October 8th. Support the next generation of racing sailors, be there!

left at the dock...watermelon's dock power cord. VYC racers, is it still there?

thump

Thump,

I sent an email to the office to have them check the dock. I'll get back to you when they send me a response.

Michael

Sea Shell Fundraiser coming up on October 8th. This is a great event that is the only fundraiser of the year for our Sea Shell kids! Boat tours, wine tasting of the best local wine (donated), and fabulous appetizers made by the Sea Shell moms (and a few dads). Great silent auction items too. It's all happening on Marina One, October 8th. Support the next generation of racing sailors, be there!

Pics of your tits or no bid!

What do you rate?

Pics of your tits or no bid!

What do you rate?

WOW!!

Astonishingly lame post even for a newbie

Hint for future posts - review DoRags posts and do the opposite

Janer, I think the date on the Sea Shell gig is Saturday, October 6th (the 8th is a Monday), but, you're right, this is a very fun event. Blues Crews will be open for tours (not that much to see, after all, it is a race boat!), playin' the blues and watching out for spilled red wine!!!!

-DB

Janer, I think the date on the Sea Shell gig is Saturday, October 6th (the 8th is a Monday), but, you're right, this is a very fun event. Blues Crews will be open for tours (not that much to see, after all, it is a race boat!), playin' the blues and watching out for spilled red wine!!!!

-DB

The Sea Shell event is Saturday the 6th, you're right, K9. If anyone wants tickets you can PM me and I'll put you in contact with their ticket guru. Tix are $25 per person.

Thumper will also be open for tours on "N-finger" by Blues Crews, so definitely grab some tix and check out our M24... part of the newest growing fleet in SB!!

:D Cheers!

WOW!!

Astonishingly lame post even for a newbie

Hint for future posts - review DoRags posts and do the opposite

Hint to Kelp: go get an education.....

Kelp & DoRag,

Hey there is an interesting thread called "Idiots on Boats", why don't you two go chat it up

over there..and take the wanker newbie with you. Thanks so much.

post-1224-1190934447.jpg

Hey Janer -

Lighten up! Heck, you gave me the idea:

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums/index...amp;pid=1214205

If you want to promote sailing in SB, the yacht club, SBSC and the Sea Shells - that's great! Well done! But please try and behave yourself. Leading by example is a good thing. As a start, try not denigrating others while promoting yourself. Some people may actually read (and believe) what you post.

I'll be watching!

And Gatherer--

Don't send me PMs (pussy memos) anymore about Janer or your feelings.

You're a sycophant (a word I learned recently on another SA thread).

Go pound sand!

The final Wet Wednesday of the year was gorgeous with good breez and full moon rising. We beat Taxi Dancer but they still came out on top for the series. Charlie's J/80 Nalu Pua was first in B Class for the 3rd Wet Weds Series and Misbehavin' got first in the C Class. Repeat Offender won the J/105 Class in the series; 3 Big Dogs barely took first away from Depends in J/24 Class and Average White Boat Melonheads barely beat out Thumper in the Melges.

It's always kind of a downer when Wet Wednesday ends for the year :(

And Gatherer--

Don't send me PMs (pussy memos) anymore about Janer or your feelings.

Go pound sand!

It's not the doctor I have heard this person use that saying "go pound sand before" Just cant remember who it was, but the name that keeps coming up in my mind is "Bow Clown" mostly because that is a Jar head term

Photo Op

Have you had your power drink yet this morning? BowClown is on OUR team for god's sake. Wake up man.

The doc is on no one's team. It's just disturbing that an asshat would use the name sbycsailor.

True quote out of this morning's Daily Sound:

"Celebrity Sighting - Dr. Laura was seen looking for herself at restaurants in Santa Barbara"

That's pretty funny.

Back to the Sea Shells, amongst other things I am donating a new Mt. Gay hat for the silent aution. Anyone with other offerings can PM me or Prez.

Photo Op

Have you had your power drink yet this morning? BowClown is on OUR team for god's sake. Wake up man.

The doc is on no one's team. It's just disturbing that an asshat would use the name sbycsailor.

True quote out of this morning's Daily Sound:

"Celebrity Sighting - Dr. Laura was seen looking for herself at restaurants in Santa Barbara"

That's pretty funny.

Back to the Sea Shells, amongst other things I am donating a new Mt. Gay hat for the silent aution. Anyone with other offerings can PM me or Prez.

Yes I know BowClown is on our team I am just sure I have heard him use that phrase before

Kelp & DoRag,

Hey there is an interesting thread called "Idiots on Boats", why don't you two go chat it up

over there..and take the wanker newbie with you. Thanks so much.

post-1224-1190934447.jpg

Janer-

I can't compete with sbycsailor, DoRag or Silent Bob.

Nice job on the Farr this year

I'm off to skool to get an education.

later

Kelp,

You're right...you really don't fit into their moldy mold and I'm sure you're not sharing bong hits with them and destroying synapses. Sorry, I should not have included you in there.

As far as education, I've got Dave Perry lined up to do a racing seminar early next year, hope to see you there. More details coming up.

Other good news: It's Friday

post-1224-1190995245.gif

Final Margarita Race tomorrow, skippers meeting at 1200, who's going? Big turnout for first one, second not so much, third...?

Momentum building on the Melges fleet, boat five has officially arrived and waiting on its hydro-hoist arrival, boat six is being shopped for, and out of left field another local boat may be on it's way for number seven! Sorry, can't provide any more detail than that, but critical mass is building!

thump

Pound Sand?

A Farr owner says that frequently!

Hijack,

Goblin is coming!

Yes, it is! Let's get lotsa boats out for that one. There was good party last year. They didn't have race results until late in the party, though. Maybe a sell-some-drinks strategy?

Yes, it is! Let's get lotsa boats out for that one. There was good party last year. They didn't have race results until late in the party, though. Maybe a sell-some-drinks strategy?

There is a shit load of boats coming this year! May have to limit it.

The results WILL be timely this year, it is a focus.

The party should be great, good band.

I'm confused

What does "pound sand" mean?

From the Urban Dictionary

1-"The origin of the expression go pound sand is from a longer expression, not to know (have enough sense to) pound sand down a rathole. Filling rat holes with sand is menial work, and telling someone to pound sand down a hole is like telling them to go fly a kite. The expression dates to at least 1912 and is common in the midwestern United States."

Or

2-"to tell someone to fuck off"

Or

3-"A term used when annoyed with a person"

I believe option number 2 is being used by sbycsailor

Go pound sand!

Wow- I'm flattered...

Now I've got to go out and fire up the D-8, git that blade a-thumpin', and git them seismographs hummin'....

And yet another example of Janer's crew of rats attempting to flee ---

WAIT!

A 24-hour LA news helicopter reports seeing Janer spotted in a white Ford Bronco heading south ...

Safe journey!

Max,

I am assuming October 27 & 28? I-14's, PHRF, J/24??? What's the scoop.

CHRF, PHRF, J 24, Lasers, Melges 24, I 14's, Hobie (Hartecks buddies), Sunfish Worlds qualifier...

that's all I can remember so far.

CHRF, PHRF, J 24, Lasers, Melges 24, I 14's, Hobie (Hartecks buddies), Sunfish Worlds qualifier...

that's all I can remember so far.

Probably Mercury's too. Not sure about CHRF...

Racers may want to attend the monthly Sail Policy Committee meeting this Thursday at 5:30. Main topic will be next year's race schedule and some changes are being presented; such as changing the Spring Summer and Fall Series to One Design only and Margarita Series to PHRF only. Anyway, if you have an opinion, be there. It will be interesting to see the logic on these ideas and we are open to suggestions.

Gotta watch Ron and Pete too. They are in Seattle at the I-14 US Nationals. Had some trouble getting there after doing the British I-14 Championship. Pete's got a thread going here with the saga.