Janer

Santa Barbara Sailing

The e-mail below was forwarded to me today.... The sad demise of the previous competition that was Ventura Cup continues.

Three good things:

1. At least he is not spamming the J/24 fleet this year.

2. The competitive J/24's will probably be down in Long Beach for J/Fest hunting a worlds berth anyway.

3. I won't have to defend the V-cup this year.

Kenny will put a J-37 logo on the sail, so the Doc won't know!

That didn't take long - the FT is on the block and the 92S is off the block (to keep until?). Must be nice to have that boat budget.

The e-mail below was forwarded to me today.... The sad demise of the previous competition that was Ventura Cup continues. The Notice of Race didn't come out until WAY too late, and now two weeks before the event, there appears to be another change. I would expect nothing less from a yacht club in Kansas, but a west coast yacht club that has the ability to run big events should not continually have problems understanding how to make a fair event for all clubs.

If you can't understand the difference between the yacht club challenge at LBRW (secondary trophy) and the Ventura Cup (grand prize), then I guess we will never come to any understanding. I'd propose you just retire the trophy before dumbing it down to this format of three races- two of which are random leg courses around oil rigs. If you are measuring the success of the regatta by attendance instead of the quality of racing, then we disagree. If you measure the regatta by how much money you make in raffle and drink sales, then we disagree.

Here's a suggestion:

1. Begin planning for 2009's format today and have a NOR for it printed by the 2008 event.

2. Run a format that is run at any RESPECTED event-- tactical windward leeward courses, not follow the leader around oil rigs.

4. Stick to your guns and quite trying to appease every boat from the cushiest cruiser to a grand prix racer.

5. Lastly, make sure the race chairman focuses on the racing first above the social chair's agenda.

I agree with your suggestions JAG.

I must say that I was not made aware of these changes in advance.  As VYC Rear Commodore, and supposedly in charge of the on-the-water activities, I was very extremely unhappy to be blind-sided.

Let me address your suggestions:

1. While the 2007 event was still fresh in everyone's minds we hosted a meeting to discuss improvements for 2008.  We had a lot of ideas and as one would expect some ideas were better than others.  At that meeting, with all area clubs represented, we agreed on changes to implement for 2008. In the late spring time frame I sent an email to all area clubs re-stating the plan and double-checking that everyone still agreed that we had a good plan. All I received back was a bunch of bitching saying I was ruining the event and no one bothered to provide any constructive thoughts. So we defaulted on the 2007 format. The response from one area club was that their racers did not want to think about an event that was still months away.

2. That was the idea.

4. That was the idea.

5. That's exactly how we work the event.  Race works on race and Social works to party.

I had hoped to redeem myself from the less than stellar performance last year. I guess that won't happen now.

Constructive comments are always welcome, Michael

I agree with your suggestions JAG.

I must say that I was not made aware of these changes in advance.  As VYC Rear Commodore, and supposedly in charge of the on-the-water activities, I was very extremely unhappy to be blind-sided.

Let me address your suggestions:

1. While the 2007 event was still fresh in everyone's minds we hosted a meeting to discuss improvements for 2008.  We had a lot of ideas and as one would expect some ideas were better than others.  At that meeting, with all area clubs represented, we agreed on changes to implement for 2008. In the late spring time frame I sent an email to all area clubs re-stating the plan and double-checking that everyone still agreed that we had a good plan. All I received back was a bunch of bitching saying I was ruining the event and no one bothered to provide any constructive thoughts. So we defaulted on the 2007 format. The response from one area club was that their racers did not want to think about an event that was still months away.

2. That was the idea.

4. That was the idea.

5. That's exactly how we work the event.  Race works on race and Social works to party.

I had hoped to redeem myself from the less than stellar performance last year. I guess that won't happen now.

Constructive comments are always welcome, Michael

Michael, I know you have tried in the past to make this a more legitimate and friendly regatta but it has not come to fruition. Last year on this forum many thoughts and ideas were brought out (maybe better ones than at the meetings) Particpants (aka racing sailors) on all sides were giving input, and things were looking good until the PRO made many bad decisions on the course.

In your answer to #2 & 4 "That was the idea", I have to ask What happened to that "idea". It certainly did not appear in the latest total change of the race configuration at the last minute as stated in Stan (not so wise-nhut) email. I am sorry that you did not have more awareness of what he was doing but that is something that your Club needs to work on (my personal opinion). As for constructive comments, please re-read the statement by J.A.G., it's pretty much all there. I know you are a genuine nice guy and I like you and hope to see you in a few years when Ventura Cup hopefully gets fixed.

Best, Jane

From Stan's e-mail quoted by Jefe:

At the recent Long Beach Race week, they had a couple of hundred boats competing. And they also had nine 3-boat teams competing for top club honors. The same thing happens at the PHRF Championships. So that is how we will do the Ventura Cup this year.

The Santa Barbara Channel Challenge is an individual boat competition, with low point scoring.

The Ventura Cup will be part of that competition, with high point race by race scoring -- just like they did it at Long Beach (except they used low point scoring there).

Stan Whisenhunt

VYC Race Chair

Santa Barbara Channel Challenge/Ventura Cup Chair

Swhisenhun@aol.com

First, there were about 155 boats at LBRW this year, slightly down from 2007.

Second, what Stan fails to mention about LBRW was that it was not an open competition. In order to enter the YC competition, at least one of the boats on your team had to be a Catalina 37, chartered from LBYC. So there was effectively about a $3,000 entry fee to get in the YC competition. (Don't remember a VYC team in there.)

Third, if the club competition at the PHRF champs was so important, why are only the individual results posted? They ran a great regatta, but I didn't see much emphasis on the club results.

I miss the Ventura Cup of a few years back. I guess we'll never see the the four and five boat teams from all the channel YC's again, but DAMN, it was fun to do those regattas.

Regarding the Random Leg issue, I think KP had it right several years back, "Cruisers should cruise and racers should race."

This is sad.

This is sad.

Just as one more counterpoint, the NOR that is posted at VYC website still says four-boat teams, minimum total rating 375.

So let's get the judges on this: What takes precedence - Stan's e-mail forwarded via SA, or the posted NOR?

PS: The first deadline for team entry is Friday

Can I sail my F-18 at the Ventucky Cup? Perfect for the non-spin-random-leg-reach-around fleet. If you're not a sailor, the previous sentence sounds kind of kinky doesn't it? I'll even let the Ventucky geniuses pick my rating.

And another thing re Stan's supposed points -

At Long Beach Race Week, there was a Random Leg class. They had 5 boats entered in it. The other 150 boats and all the boats at the PHRF Championships all sailed windward-leewards.

At how many major regattas are the majority of races random legs?

SURVEY SAYS: NONE!!

Michael, I know you have tried in the past to make this a more legitimate and friendly regatta but it has not come to fruition. Last year on this forum many thoughts and ideas were brought out (maybe better ones than at the meetings) Particpants (aka racing sailors) on all sides were giving input, and things were looking good until the PRO made many bad decisions on the course.

In your answer to #2 & 4 "That was the idea", I have to ask What happened to that "idea". It certainly did not appear in the latest total change of the race configuration at the last minute as stated in Stan (not so wise-nhut) email. I am sorry that you did not have more awareness of what he was doing but that is something that your Club needs to work on (my personal opinion). As for constructive comments, please re-read the statement by J.A.G., it's pretty much all there. I know you are a genuine nice guy and I like you and hope to see you in a few years when Ventura Cup hopefully gets fixed.

Best, Jane

Jane,

When I say "That was the idea" I mean that when I went to Santa Cruz Island for some fun in the sun on Firday Sept. 5 that was the direction we were going. On Saturday Sept. 6 Stan sent out his major change email. I was totally blind-sided by Stan's change. I agree we have an internal problem and I hope that we can get our shit together.

Unfortunately the damage is done - Michael

Stan & Michael,

If you don't want SBYC to attend your regatta, please just come out and say it. It's okay. Just say "Santa Barbara, please don't come to our regatta. We're tired of getting beat, and would just rather play with ourselves, in our inbred, West Bakersfield pond." If you keep screwing around, you are going to loose Santa Barbara for good, you have already lost me for good!

Bob

As of about 7:00 PM last night, a revised NOR for the Santa Barbara Challenge was posted at the VYC website, to sort of the format Stan's e-mail described. It doesn't say what courses the racing will use, however, other than to say the courses will be in the sailing instructions. If you go expecting a regatta and not a parade, you may be very disappointed.

There is no description in the new NOR of how the Ventura Cup teams will be scored. I guess they'll make that up as they go.

The original NOR is also still posted, with its link next to the modified NOR.

So the NOR is changed radically less than three days before the deadline to enter teams. It will be interesting to see if they get any teams to enter with the change. Certainly seems like they've eliminated at least one team with the change.

As someone that has raced sailboats a few times (including a Ventura Cup many years ago) but never put on a regatta, is it really that hard to organize and run this thing?

Regatta's similar to this are run every weekend throughout the world, are they not?

vyc_rear,

The only correct solution is to not award the Ventura Cup trophy in 2008. The SB Challenge Cup should go on as scheduled, but don't award the Ventura Cup trophy. The class breaks are not even posted, "Class breaks for the Santa Barbara Channel Challenge Regatta will be established by the number of entrants and will be announced at the skipper’s meeting." So, SBYC could send a 3 boat team down and have all the boats end up in A-fleet, sail to a 1-2-3 finish and lose the Ventura Cup to a team with a 1-2-1 finish of boats in Non-spin A and Non-spin B. How can you have a format where you don't lose to a boat from another club and still lose the competition? That is why this doesn't work. That is why it is not worth the time and effort to come down. We have seen this picture before.

Simply put, the event organization didn't come together this year. Stan does alot of good promoting sailing in the Ventura County press and I know he thought he was doing the right thing. We all make mistakes. But this effort to make up the rules on the fly and figure out who is sailing where at the skipper's meeting is inadequate. Lessening the competition to this level and awarding the cup tarnishes the achievements of every club who's previously won it.

Also, is the SB Challenge Regatta part of an area high point (the "Double Points" per VYC website)? If so, don't you think that scheduling snafu is contributing to the low interest in the Ventura Cup team competition?

post-1224-1221103493_thumb.jpg

For Sale: One barely used Flying Tiger, training wheels still on.

ChaChing! Next contestant please.

Ahhh, my little BowClown, you are getting too accustomed to the over zealous high volume voices at the back of the big Taxi. Some day you shall return to the peacefullness and flowing rum on the Farr 40.

By the way, we are 5 points ahead of you in Wet Wednesday. Perhaps the quiet road and confidence in your crew leads to.....better concentration.

Janer,

what's the point standing now?!?!?!?!?

:lol::P

Janer,

what's the point standing now?!?!?!?!?

:lol::P

Ahh, my chubby cherub..we now stand tied. Da doc is done with A Fleet and Fast Tango did a cs move to CHRF.

Wanna mud wrestle for first place? XO

as much as you may enjoy that I think we will keep it on the water!!! ;)

is it for sale yet???

Bow Clown.......we can't sell the boat until we've sailed it once or twice :)

guess he wasn't lying :lol:

JAG,

Did you wear my shoes home? I couldn't find them when it was time to go..

which could only mean that it was PAST time to go. That was a hell of a party.

post-1224-1221435632_thumb.jpg Nice umbrellas!

post-1224-1221435661_thumb.jpg

Wild party of 4, your table is ready!

Nice night last night, until it glassed off! We were 150 yards from the finish line when they called it :-(

Nice night last night, until it glassed off! We were 150 yards from the finish line when they called it :-(

Was it sunset this time?

Some nice results from the OCR at ABYC this week:

Laser Radial Fleet

1st Laser Radial 8100 Sky Adams Santa Barbara YC 1 1 (2) 1 1 1 1 8 6

2nd Laser Radial 7378 Shaun Prestridge Dana Point YC (4) 4 4 3 2 2 2 21 17

3rd Laser Radial 9463 Steve Smith Alamitos Bay YC 3 3 1 2 (5 DNC) 5 DNC 5 DNC 24 19

4th Laser Radial 0402 Annie Rossi Santa Barbara YC 2 2 3 4 (5 DNC) 5 DNC 5 DNC 26 21

Throwing away the 2nd place. I like it. Way to go Sky!

Yeah, that kinda sucked. The course was way too long for a dying air. Out of 50 or so boats only 5 were able to finish. Skian Dhu and Taxi both quit as the sun set, which means that we are both still tied for the series. Next Weds is the last one that counts. Skian Dhu has race committee duty so that qives us an automatic first place award, however, Taxi will race and no doubt also get a first place, so we will still be tied. In theory, as Race Committee, we could give A class a course to the moon knowing they could never finish by sunset. But of course we would not think of doing something like that. So I am saying that Taxi won the series according to multiple tie breaker rules. Congrats! In advance!

I think we have the longest Wet Weds series on the planet. Correct me if I am wrong. It has been a great year in SB with lots of wind (except for this week) tons of fun especially when you spend your Wednesdays with a really fun crew.

Skian Dhu has race committee duty so that qives us an automatic first place award, however, Taxi will race and no doubt also get a first place, so we will still be tied. In theory, as Race Committee, we could give A class a course to the moon knowing they could never finish by sunset. But of course we would not think of doing something like that. So I am saying that Taxi won the series according to multiple tie breaker rules. Congrats! In advance!

Jane,

This came up when we did race committee last week. I may be wrong but I believe that as long as you send enough people to do race committee, you can still go out and race, and end up with the position you get on the course. For some of us in the cheap seats it would be kind of amusing seeing a short handed crew on Skian Dhu taking on the Taxi horde. It would be an epic victory if you could pull it off.

Afterdude,

Interesting idea..I'll check into it ;)

Janer -

Here's the relevant SI

"19.4 Race Committee duty will be scored as a first place if the race for R/C boat’s class

is completed, except, if the R/C boat races, the boat’s score for that race will be utilized.

Race committee duty will count only once during the series."

Also note that if you send em on a course noone completes, you don't get your first for RC.

I like the afterguy plan! I'm excited about it! You should do it!

Can I sail my F-18 at the Ventucky Cup? Perfect for the non-spin-random-leg-reach-around fleet. If you're not a sailor, the previous sentence sounds kind of kinky doesn't it? I'll even let the Ventucky geniuses pick my rating.

Come on down, maybe we can get a few other cats show up on Sunday. Think about the Milt Ingram and the Tri-Point for 2009

for those of you who didn't go

at 1:30 I was on the beach and it was blowing onshore 6 - 8

now at 3:00 it has died conciderably

Pedro,

Did you see any bar b que smoke coming from the random leg racers?

Just wondering. :D

Janer,

My crew will do RC for yah, the first won't change our results and you can go race the Farr.

Settle it on 'da wata'.

I agree, this was a stellar summer and the breeze was usually 12-16 and stayed on till most finishes.

Global Warming?

Janer,

My crew will do RC for yah, the first won't change our results and you can go race the Farr.

Settle it on 'da wata'.

Go the 'Dhu! Down with Leatherhead!

Janer,

Settle it on 'da wata'.

I agree, this was a stellar summer and the breeze was usually 12-16 and stayed on till most finishes.

Global Warming?

Jesus, I can't figure out this f-ing reply system but I'm happy to help with race committee, too, if needed. I can't navigate this f-ing blog but I can raise flags. Wonder if anyone will get this message?!

Okay, I think it worked. FYI, I have prescrip anti-inflammatories for the knee injury I sustained four weeks ago on FJ's since I was stupid enough to forego knee pads. Mad-let me know if Janer, et al., are taking the Farr out, and if you are doing race committee, and if you need help. Knees and flag raising have nothing in common.

Jesus, I can't figure out this f-ing reply system but I'm happy to help with race committee, too, if needed. I can't navigate this f-ing blog but I can raise flags. Wonder if anyone will get this message?!

post-1224-1222056125_thumb.jpg

Hey Newbie,

Hang in there, you're gettin' it. Nice of you to offer to do RC work! Just be up on the deck around 5:15 and look for Max. He may be wearing a shirt with his name on it. MAD MAX!

Janer, we will be there for RC duty.

And Crazy Chica is welcome!

What's the score on V-Cup?

Ventura Blue won with Rival, Strider, Angry Hillbillies. CIYC 1, AYC, VYC Red, CIYC 2, PBYC finished in that order for the club scores.

I was not there, but the results just showed up in my email.

Ventura Blue won with Rival, Strider, Angry Hillbillies. CIYC 1, AYC, VYC Red, CIYC 2, PBYC finished in that order for the club scores.

I was not there, but the results just showed up in my email.

WhoTF really cares?

WhoTF really cares?

Look above and you'll see this was in response to Damn Skippy.

(I guess you just like to see your posts go up)

Look above and you'll see this was in response to Damn Skippy.

(I guess you just like to see your posts go up)

Heathen,

Pay no mind to Silent Bob, he is a resident troll here who always has some inane comments.

Personally I was surprised at the results, Ventura YC actually beat Ventura YC,

and the trophy goes to.....

Janer,

Settle it on 'da wata'.

Global Warming?

Well, that worked out!! A great night for the last of the series 12-15 knots, nice long course. Taxi was pretty far ahead so we were really guessing on time elapsed between our finishes, a bit of wrist biting. Then we get to the Club and RC Max says there was a 4 second difference in corrected times, but won't say which of us won. ACK. Very funny. So it wasn't until after we had gagged down the first rum that Taxi owner Tom Parker congratulated the Skian Dhu crew and we found that we won the race and the series by 4 seconds!! Yipee. :P:DB)

Well, that worked out!! A great night for the last of the series 12-15 knots, nice long course. Taxi was pretty far ahead so we were really guessing on time elapsed between our finishes, a bit of wrist biting. Then we get to the Club and RC Max says there was a 4 second difference in corrected times, but won't say which of us won. ACK. Very funny. So it wasn't until after we had gagged down the first rum that Taxi owner Tom Parker congratulated the Skian Dhu crew and we found that we won the race and the series by 4 seconds!! Yipee. :P:DB)

Nice work. xo

So it wasn't until after we had gagged down the first rum that Taxi owner Tom Parker congratulated the Skian Dhu crew and we found that we won the race and the series by 4 seconds!! Yipee.

You mean...none of the other Taxi owners came up to congratulate you? :o

:lol:

But who won the tractor pull???

ventura of course.

hopefully the 2009 NOTP and TPI's will be available earlier.

I think the tractor pull can be won by Santa Barbara next year, as Volvo has a nice model that

"rates real favorable" over my Cat Diesel.

I think the tractor pull can be won by Santa Barbara next year, as Volvo has a nice model that

"rates real favorable" over my Cat Diesel.

Dude,

Yes, we are so far above average. Actually we have in house a couple of Mercedes tractors that come equiped with surround sound,

latte makers, air conditioning and bull shit protectors. The rating sucks but we'll work with it. See you next year! Keep the faith!

xxxx B)

Hopefully the end of "tractor pull" comments

not as funny as it was 10,000 posts ago

Nice job Skian Dhu on Wet Weds!

J-Fest was this past weekend in Long Beach.

In part it was a vintage yacht regatta, with one-design fleets of J-24, J-29, and J-30. Several of the sprit classes as well, 80's, 105's 109's, 120's.

Two boats from Santa Barbara were entered.

Pat Toole and crew on 3 Big Dogs won the J-24 fleet, which qualifies them for the worlds in Annapolis next year. They also were second in the PHRF warm-up race on Friday evening, a tour of the LBYC marks inside the breakwater.

Rush Street took 2nd in the J-29 class.

Hey ...Excellent job by both of you!! And Pat going on the the Worlds!

We had some interesting racing last Sat, two women skippers races for 2 separate perpetual trophies. Five boats of a WIDE variety entered:

Taxi, Skian Dhu, 2 J/105's and a J/22. From the onslaught it was difficult. Almost no wind when we got out there. Heavy fog moved in and out of the start line so there was a postponement until the RC could see..something such as the line itself. Then we received a radio call from the Harbor Patrol saying they were searching the starting line area for two divers without flags, so we needed to stay away from the line. Of course a couple of power boats just full throttle thru the area, so we looked for body parts. Finally the divers were found and they made it to shore chagrined that they did not know what was going on. After more than an hour the first race got off and by then the fog had generated winds between 15 and 20. A little more than I had expected. Lots of sail changes, chute changes. Our GPS did not help alot in finding the marks but we could usually see the foggy shadow of Taxi ahead of us. Twice around w/l and great fun with the breeze up. The real fighting was going on behind us between the two J/105's. It was their kind of breeze and they battled head to head (Becky Harteck and Heidi Ziskind). Heidi won the first race, with Becky 2nd, me 3rd, Taxi 4th and Helene Webb in the J22 5th.

The second race still had the same fog problem but the wind went down to 13 or so. Becky and Heidi did the one design dance at the start, and Becky got pushed over early. We were already well on our way, dealing with tons of kelp, constant keel cutting and rudder sweeping. We were a bit shy on crew and it was hard to have the excellent tactician JAG with his head over the side trying to sweep kelp off the rudder. UGH. Results were almost the same Heidi 1st,Becky 2nd and me 3rd. Irony as well, the little J/22 beat Taxi the RP 70 in the last race!

Lots of fun and commaraderie to follow and lots of cocktails. Congrats to Heidi. Her dad may be pissed that she is winning more on his boat than he has. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

post-1224-1222876568.jpg

Where are those Lounge Lizards these days?

post-1224-1222877246_thumb.jpg

Jr. Lizard (Gecko) is surfing the big East Coast hurricane.

Report from Mumm 30 Worlds in Newport RI:

Rough seas and lots of wind; more wind predicted for tomorrow. Lots of breakage.

After 6 races Deneen is in 4th place.

Johnny D is in 6th place!

Excellent showing. Johnny D told me he was going to name his boat in the

regatta "Wife Beater". Probably good he didn't do that! But we shall see.

Go Mr. & Mrs. D! SBYC is doin' a high 5 to you both.

More carnage at the Mumm 30 Worlds..sounds very tough there, lots of wind, lots of rigging failure, a t-bone today took out some more players.

Johnny D almost t-boned his wife. That could have been double smack down for his wallet. Deneen is still rockin' in there after 7 races she is in 4th place. Mr. D is in 6th.

post-1224-1223091998.jpg

Here's Johnny. He survived this round up! Keep it goin' for SBYC! We're all cheering you on!

Went to a home in West Vancouver today...will post pictures soon. Visited West Vancouver Yacht Club, 3 Muum 30's and a ID 35 on the hard by the hoist.

This place looks insane to sail at.

Hey Jane, how did the "Lady at the Helm" go yesterday? Did you have a good time on the 92? B) Fill me in.

-DB

Went to a home in West Vancouver today...will post pictures soon. Visited West Vancouver Yacht Club, 3 Muum 30's and a ID 35 on the hard by the hoist.

Morning Max;

PM with info to you. Enjoy the place ,..... big scenic winds in fall / winter.

FR

Janer rocked the house and took first place. It was so sloppy on the ocean--bobbing for apples--and she kept us going forward. Some stellar tactics helped, too. Thanks for a great ride, Janer. (And nice boat, DB!)

Hey Jane, how did the "Lady at the Helm" go yesterday? Did you have a good time on the 92? B) Fill me in.

-DB

Moon Doggie,

I won! I was pretty stoked! I loved your boat (J/92), thanks for letting me use her. Leslie took second and Shirley third. Fourteen boats did the light air race. I was very thirsty afterwards!! :D

-DB

Moon Doggie,

I won! I was pretty stoked! I loved your boat (J/92), thanks for letting me use her. Leslie took second and Shirley third. Fourteen boats did the light air race. I was very thirsty afterwards!! :D

Good on ya', Janer!! It's been a while since that boat has sniffed a bullet! Now if us guys can just figure out how to do that.......what a concept :P

See ya' Wed.

Good food too....Yes I ate all three rolls...Spicy Tuna, Dungeonous Crab and a Sockeye Salmon Roll.

Blue Water Grill, good stuff.

post-692-1223607959_thumb.jpg

It's a gorgeous place to live and play. It's difficult to imagine a sweeter place to spend time on the water every week, year 'round.

Our winter series -West Van, Snowflake -starts Nov. 2, and it looks like it will be a tough, fun, competitive series.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. : )

Gale warnings thru tomorrow morning!!

post-1224-1223684399.png

It's blowing much harder a few miles inland. I've already seen some big trees down.

So who's doing the Margarita Series tomorrow? :o

Great post ChicaLoca,

If you are going to go down in flames, might as well have a nice pink tuto covering your ass.

Yikes, see you manana. maybe in the bar rather than the high seas. :ph34r:

Kind of a white out. Cold, too. I heard Taxi did one leg then came in. Some saved gear and stayed in--and some sailed the bar. Hopefully you'll get more info from someone who was out on the water today. I spent the day sweeping leaves off my balconey--itsy bitsy tiny air foils. Happy (romantic!) Anniversary JAG and Dox2!

Bulletin:

This just in............................

DoRag Jr. has quit the Club

post-1224-1224087513_thumb.jpg

Questions?

Who will miss him the most?

Why did he wear those wierd hats?

Or was that just brain gas escaping?

Janer - I don't believe you about DoRag anymore than I would believe Dr. L would buy ANOTHER J boat.

good one though!

I can verify,

I heard from a senior club official thet the resignation was submitted and accepted....

The real bummer is that my virtual boat in the Volvo Ocean Race has run aground. I am being passed by hundreds of boats every hour. I'm trying to get the damn thing off the bricks. Void Ho! :P

Ricky won the Bugay singlehanded race....Again.

Well, I can only hope that there were more entries than last year (2).

I guess his victory has made him rethink quiting the Club, he has recinded his resignation. Hopefully realizing that sailing is an important part of his

life.

And maybe a bit of attitude adjustment is in order.

Welcome back to the fold Ricky!

post-1224-1224554936_thumb.jpg

Rick needs a cape like the late James Brown.

Only then will we know when the show is over.