Janer

Santa Barbara Sailing

Max and da doc have created a thread meant to look like this one. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. The unfortunate thing is that their only purpose is to insult me as often as possible. How lame is that? Good luck on your downward spiral Max. It was nice being your friend.

Max and da doc have created a thread meant to look like this one. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. The unfortunate thing is that their only purpose is to insult me as often as possible. How lame is that? Good luck on your downward spiral Max. It was nice being your friend.

Janer WTF? Just because I sail with Doc Laura, I do everything with her? I have no intent to insult you Jane. In fact, I never have.

Your unavoidable hatred of Laura comes through your every keystroke. I think you are in the minority in this matter. Doc Laura is a funny, nice, easy going and frankly a good sailor friend. She treats her crew well, puts together nice boats and is generally trying to fit in our shared social sport called yachting.

Why you constantly attack her, call her crew members names (bicycle shirts) compare them to "Men in Black", say that I am her pet, all of that BS is just that....BS. I am her tactician and main trimmer and yes I am her friend.

I created a SB thread for no reason other than to encourage people to contribute. It would be nice if everyone communicated without fear. If you look back in this thread, I mutter only to get the thread onto page one. Many people look, but rarely contribute. I hoped that by starting a second thread, we could force a contribution contest to elevate contributions from SB sailors and to have it be positive.

That's it Jane.

Your friend and competitor,

Max

Jane, Jane, Jane, Jane. You’re better than this.

What’s next. Public relations for Mr. Cheaten. Not that it wouldn’t be interesting to watch the change in strange bedfellows, but come on.

You have done allot of good for sailing in general, but particularly women’s sailing. Don’t diminish what you have accomplished and impact your effectiveness in the future by going off the deep end in a place like this.

Bummer. I was wondering why Short Skirt did not start the last race.

Great, excellent video of our pals on Taxi. Love it!!

The Taxi crew was delightful, both on and off the water. Go figure. And, you should know that they "danced" way more than the video shows.

The SMACK DAT dancers/Taxi and Skian Dhu crews are having cocktails in the planetarium this Friday. It's called COSMOS AND COMETS at the Natural History Museum. All sailors welcome. Get your tickets at www.sbnature.org/tickets. Celestial Navigation!

Bummer. I was wondering why Short Skirt did not start the last race.

Great, excellent video of our pals on Taxi. Love it!!

The Taxi crew was delightful, both on and off the water. Go figure. And, you should know that they "danced" way more than the video shows.

The SMACK DAT dancers/Taxi and Skian Dhu crews are having cocktails in the planetarium this Friday. It's called COSMOS AND COMETS at the Natural History Museum. All sailors welcome. Get your tickets at www.sbnature.org/tickets. Celestial Navigation!

Thanks Janer! We'll see if we can spend some time on that topic!

Janer WTF? Just because I sail with Doc Laura, I do everything with her? I have no intent to insult you Jane. In fact, I never have.

Your unavoidable hatred of Laura comes through your every keystroke. I think you are in the minority in this matter. Doc Laura is a funny, nice, easy going and frankly a good sailor friend. She treats her crew well, puts together nice boats and is generally trying to fit in our shared social sport called yachting.

Why you constantly attack her, call her crew members names (bicycle shirts) compare them to "Men in Black", say that I am her pet, all of that BS is just that....BS. I am her tactician and main trimmer and yes I am her friend.

I created a SB thread for no reason other than to encourage people to contribute. It would be nice if everyone communicated without fear. If you look back in this thread, I mutter only to get the thread onto page one. Many people look, but rarely contribute. I hoped that by starting a second thread, we could force a contribution contest to elevate contributions from SB sailors and to have it be positive.

That's it Jane.

Your friend and competitor,

Max

WOW!!

I just had a flashback from highschool!!!

Can we kids play nice together?

HOT & GLASSY! Only 14 of 36 boats finished the race to Goleta.

post-1224-1251923147_thumb.jpg

post-1224-1251923224_thumb.jpg

Cool Photos,

Looks like Taxi had the best party, again!

Had a great time sailing on a J105 last night. Nice tight fleet. Winds were 8 to 15 knots. Didn't know how much I missed one design racing. I think I will do a lot more of it in the near future :)

Mad Max....................don't you own a PHRF boat. I don't think you have raced your boat one design ever......have you? :blink:

Pretty sure Santa Barbara A fleet is about as far away from one design as you can get :blink:

Mad Max....................don't you own a PHRF boat. I don't think you have raced your boat one design ever......have you? :blink:

KK, I have done more OD in the last 10 years than you.......I am sure:-) Ask Larry.

BTW SB-KH was One Design with Warrior and the other J125. Well, we owed them 3 seconds a mile because of the bigger rudder, but you knew that.

When do H 33's race one design?

I'll answer...."never" on the left coast.

Well, until they start building them again.

All of them out here have been turbo'd one way or another...but you knew that too ;-)

Popcorn...check.

Beer...check.

Plus 1.

The H33 might be back sooner than you think.

Had a great time sailing on a J105 last night. Nice tight fleet. Winds were 8 to 15 knots. Didn't know how much I missed one design racing. I think I will do a lot more of it in the near future :)

Ahhh, last time I sailed the boat (J 105) Cat 3 sailor's were specifically banned. Are you amatuer stauts now? :)

Kind regards,

Race Crew

KK, I have done more OD in the last 10 years than you.......I am sure:-) Ask Larry.

BTW SB-KH was One Design with Warrior and the other J125. Well, we owed them 3 seconds a mile because of the bigger rudder, but you knew that.

All of them out here have been turbo'd one way or another...but you knew that too ;-)

Not ALL of 'em, Max. Come on down to SD, or we can meet in the middle. Lets race! How about Border Run? There are already 3-4 H-33 signed up. We had 4 last year, 2 turbo, 2 not. BTW, the turbos didn't win.

Maybe you can get yourself a J24 on the cheap! :lol:

A one design race with only two boats with different ratings? Max, really?

They're both one design. One is more one design than the other! :blink:

They're both one design. One is more one design than the other! :blink:

But which one is more than the other?

In all fairness, I think we should take a closer look at Max's explanation of "One Design Racing". Say for the King Harbor Race there were 100 boats. In one PHRF class there were 2 boats that were very much alike except in ratings. They both had red spinnakers and white hulls; both had coolers full of Miller Lite, they both had turkey sandwiches and cheetos on board and they both had the EXACT same tweakers and mainsheets. All of those factors add up to one thing: This is one design racing folks. AND, this is why Max is under the impression that he has been doing ALOT of one-design racing.

Case closed. :blink:

Kelp and Silent Bob,

Which boats did you two sail on?

Distance racing in One Design boats is not really One Design racing. In defense of MM, he has been in the J105 fleet more than these other (im)posters. Stop flogging these dead horses, it's starting to attract flies. Maybe they're attracted to all the BS and not the dead horses. I can't tell but it sure stinks.

So I hear the Sailing Club is dropping PHRF from the Goblin Regatta.

Seems like a bad move to me. It's always been a fun event for us, and some of our crew was already talking about it for this year, including the party at the museum.

If the idea is to move the PHRF sailors into one-design boats, it probably won't happen much. Most of the one-design boats that would be out are already sailing, and most of us like the rides we do have. I'm all for one-design - we travel for it regularly - but I'm also all for racing around home.

Hope they change their minds...

Wow, that is kind of a bummer. They do have members with PHRF boats but most of their regattas the last two years seem to be in J/24's and lasers and then the skiffs usually come to Cinco de Mayo and Goblin. It's nice to have this event towards the end of the year when nothing else is going on, so I hope they keep PHRF in there.

Yeah, I don't really undrstand it. They already have a committee on the water, and it's not too hard to run a couple extra races. Why would they discourage people from entering the regatta?

Also, I had heard SBSC was having money issues. Even three or four boats in PHRF gives them some entry fees, and the PHRF boats bring more people per boat than most of the one-designs to spend money at the party.

I'd of course rather race a whole bunch of boats, but even if there's only a few, we manage to have fun.

Bring back PHRF!

Also, I had heard SBSC was having money issues. Even three or four boats in PHRF gives them some entry fees, and the PHRF boats bring more people per boat than most of the one-designs to spend money at the party.

Bring back PHRF!

Go to the party and drink. You don't need to sail to drink! :blink:

The Sail Policy Committee has approved the Racing Calendar for 2010. The start of the SB-King Harbor Race will remain on a Friday (July 30th) and will NOT be the Friday of the Fiesta Parade. In July 2010, we will be hosting the Jr. Olympics. Also the Summer One Design Regatta has been moved off of Solstice Parade weekend. It's not easy cramming all the regattas and all the parties into 52 weekends!

Good Luck to Kevin and the Rosebud team at the Maxi Yacht Regatta in Porto Cervo!

post-1224-1252422711_thumb.jpg

Competition is fierce at the Maxi Yacht Rolex. First day: Luna Rosa 1,1 Rosebud 5,6

post-1224-1252431704_thumb.jpg

If you haven't already, be sure to check out MadMax new thread called Santa Barbara Racing. It's not really about racing, more like Max's diary, but its got some good picures of him and lots of interesting posts by him. :blink::unsure:

I took my wife and my two little girls out sailing on a Harbor 20 yesterday. This is the first time that Paige and Carley have steered a boat and they loved it. :) Paige is 6 1/2 and Carley is 2 1/2 and they are both best friends.

I took my wife and my two little girls out sailing on a Harbor 20 yesterday. This is the first time that Paige and Carley have steered a boat and they loved it. :) Paige is 6 1/2 and Carley is 2 1/2 and they are both best friends.

Very cool Kenny,

hope they stick with it...

This Sunday is the Annual Charity Regatta to benefit Hospice. This year we are also honoring all of the firefighters and emergency personnel who risked their lives in the recent two large fires in Santa Barbara. Race boats and spectator boats are encouraged to take one or two of the firefighters out on the water. To volunteer just call the Club. The day is also filled with music, food, raffles and local dignataries. See you there.

post-1224-1252521995.jpg

post-1224-1252522027_thumb.jpg

Could it be that a kinder, gentler, apologetic, repentant man has returned, changed for the better by public humiliation.

Or is this just the same arrogant putz, believing that his only fault was getting caught this time, out trying to repackage himself.

Lets hope it is the former, but time will tell.

Could it be that a kinder, gentler, apologetic, repentant man has returned, changed for the better by public humiliation.

Or is this just the same arrogant putz, believing that his only fault was getting caught this time, out trying to repackage himself.

Lets hope it is the former, but time will tell.

The guy took his family sailing...

Why are you a fucktard?

Last night was one of the best Wet Wednesday's of the summer season. Breezy and sunny, and nice long courses. The Melges 24's were flying around like bumble bees and all finished within a 45 second period with Glenn B taking first.

We now have a steady fleet of 8 J/105's; Free Enterprise beat out Repeat Offender. (Rock n'Roll is up in the Bay doing a fast track coaching with Dave Ullman, getting ready for Big Boat Series). Helene Webb won the CHRF fleet, Pat Toole the J/24 class, and Dirk Freeland A Class, Charles Browning B Class, Lisa Gillinger C Class. Only a few more races left for the season. I'm already Jones'n. :rolleyes:

post-1224-1252596324_thumb.jpg

post-1224-1252596718_thumb.jpg

Photos by my pal Sharon (of course)

The SI's to the Ventucky Cup finally surfaced a few days ago. This year something totally different, they have eliminated the elusive team rating bands. So now a YC can enter a team of 3 boats supposedly with no restrictions. Which means this would be a good year for Taxi, Skian Dhu and AWB to go down and kick some butt. However, the late notice will probably preclude participation by SB sailors. Interesting also that a full 1 1/2 pages of the SI's pertain to the handling of protests.

Warm up the tractors!

post-1224-1252691557.jpg :D

Janer, unfortunately the team you suggest would likely all end up in Spinnaker A with their rating bands. What are their rating bands... they will tell you at the skipper's meeting?!?!? Then the SBYC boats could not lose to another boat and get 6 points 1+2+3=6). That team may lose to the Non-Spin A, Non-Spin B and ORCA boat team that they never sailed against.... What's the tie-breaker.... the boat with the highest handicap!?!?

How can you have 3 boat teams in a 5 fleet regatta??? Sadly, Janer, they did this change last year in the last week before the event. That they continue to place winner plaques on the trophy belittles every YC Team winner that came before 2008. Sad.

On a more positive note, we're having a great time in San Francisco. I kept having to run outside during the Alcatraz tour to click photos of the boats coming by. At the Giants/Dodgers game, there were almost as many Dodgers fans as Giants. The locals were not happy to see all the blue. Today's the wife's day, so I'll probably be closer to the shops and theaters, than the harbor...

Funny story walking into StFYC on Thursday evening. We were stopped twice by two different desks of volunteers. Each asked us where our "yellow badges" were. We explained that we are members of SBYC and just wanted to have a drink. Both times we were politely told we need a yellow badge to get in. We asked where to get a badge and were told that they could be obtained at the front desk. How do we get a badge if we can't get to the front desk??? Both times they looked a little bewildered and then agreed the system didn't make sense. Once at the front desk, we just got a white guest card, the 'yellow badges' were for the BBS events....

Why won't the Ventura Cup just go away? The SBCC could be a great regatta without the BS of the cup following it. Rush street is coming down from SB along with Fatuity from SBSC. SB will missed this year. Always look forward to sailing against your boats. See you at the Holiday Regatta, the last race of the little know ASBCYC high point series.

Why so much effort for a shitty regatta where you get treated like shit? If they really want us there, they will make a fair and balanced event. The best way for us to get that result, is to boycott the event until they do. If we are not missed, then they really don't want us there. How about years ago when they used a postcard sized reverse course flag that only their club members knew about.

Bullshit I say! :angry:

On a more positive note, we're having a great time in San Francisco. I kept having to run outside during the Alcatraz tour to click photos of the boats coming by. At the Giants/Dodgers game, there were almost as many Dodgers fans as Giants. The locals were not happy to see all the blue. Today's the wife's day, so I'll probably be closer to the shops and theaters, than the harbor...

Funny story walking into StFYC on Thursday evening. We were stopped twice by two different desks of volunteers. Each asked us where our "yellow badges" were. We explained that we are members of SBYC and just wanted to have a drink. Both times we were politely told we need a yellow badge to get in. We asked where to get a badge and were told that they could be obtained at the front desk. How do we get a badge if we can't get to the front desk??? Both times they looked a little bewildered and then agreed the system didn't make sense. Once at the front desk, we just got a white guest card, the 'yellow badges' were for the BBS events....

You should have said, "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Sounds like Big Boat was pretty tough this year with a wide variety of weather: rain, plenty of wind, no wind at all, etc.

Our most traveled J/105 team, Bernie and the Rock n' Rollers ended up 16th out of 24 J/105's, but they did have a 4th and a 7th in there. Keep it goin' Bernie!

post-1224-1252951182_thumb.jpg

Sunday's Charity Regatta was really well attended. Hundreds of non-sailors attended and donated and went out on spectator boats to watch the race. It started out overcast & drizzle but decent breeze and sunshine later. I don't know how much we raised for Hospice but there were a lot of generous corporated donors as well as skippers & crew.

31 boats did the race with 2 classes. The Farr 40 Skian Dhu barely eeked out first place with the boys in bicycle shirts pedaling as fast as the could right behind us. Our guest on board was Fire Captain David Sadecki who got to co-skipper with Dirk. Lots o'fun.

post-1224-1252964002_thumb.jpg

Deep down Janer...you reeeeeally want one of those bicycle shirts...we all know it.

Is there something wrong with bicycle shirts that I'm missing? I thought bike riders were good guys. My wife use to race bikes and has plenty of those shirts. Maybe she'll wear one on WW. Be sure to choose your words carefully.

Jeez LDog, you and Max act like I am calling them scum sucking ignorant bottom feeders, which would be a typical insult on SA.

The Men in Black didn't mind being called that, in fact they started calling themselves The Men in Black. Boys in Bicycle Shirts..highly offensive..choose your words carefully?? Oh for God's sake. Wearing matching costumes in little local races is a prime target for jokes and you know it.

Calm down honey. Tell the Becks I'll buy her a drink when she wears her bicycle shirt sailing. Actually, I would love to see you in the whole outfit. Those shorts are always a stunner on men. :):P

Ahem...

There were 3 WOMEN in SLAM shirts. It is not a boys club of old...

Shirts are cool.

post-692-1253043125_thumb.jpg

post-692-1253043151_thumb.jpg

post-692-1253043163_thumb.jpg

post-692-1253043177_thumb.jpg

Hey Madmax, when you go under the knief, ask the doctor if you can have a plexogamy while your there. A plexogamy is where they remove part of you belly and and insert a peice of plexiglass. That way when you have "your head up your ass you can see where you're going".

Larry,

Who was your doctor?

He seemd to do a nice job on yours.

MM

Ho Hum

I remember that you guys used to have a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

well that was a classic old school wed nite race in SB

4 kts down to 2 kts - 4 mile race shortened to 2 miles - finishing order was the scoring result

well that was a classic old school wed nite race in SB

4 kts down to 2 kts - 4 mile race shortened to 2 miles - finishing order was the scoring result

So right Pete...the ocean looked like a still life with 50 boats coasting around. Fun to have some guest sailors on board from back in the day...Fred Roland and Kirk Arndt.

The Flippin Friday gals are going out on the FJ's this Sunday, PM me if you want to come.

Kudos to our bow man Martin from Argentina who donated $500 in services at the Hospice Charity Regatta. SBYC raised over $60,000!!

post-1224-1253205399.jpg

Hey Madmax, when you go under the knief, ask the doctor if you can have a plexogamy while your there. A plexogamy is where they remove part of you belly and and insert a peice of plexiglass. That way when you have "your head up your ass you can see where you're going".

Larry,

Who was your doctor?

He seemd to do a nice job on yours.

MM

Ho Hum

I remember that you guys used to have a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

You should read page 1048 of Obamacare, they now won't cover a plexogamy. I think it's because of the vast population that has the preexisting condition. It would cost way too much. People can go up to Canada and get it done for free. You just have to wait 3 years.

Sunday was beautiful for FJ sailing, hot & windy. The wild part was that there were 13,000 people on the beach for the music festival. The speakers pointed out to sea and it was so loud we could hardly talk. We did some slam tacks around a guy in a kayak who was tied off to a swim buoy..he looked like Favio..streaming blond hair. Eventually he offered us a Corona and we almost flipped over trying to get it :lol::blink:

Good Times!

This Wet Wednesday will be the last one that counts for the Season. :(

I looked at the website, but no results. They did have some pics posted and I can see Condor was there. The pics show light air and about 7 boats. I think we can officially bury the Ventucky Cup.

What's the scoop Condor? Any fist fights?

Actually, it was a fun regatta. Pretty light and very shifty. Two buoy races on Saturday, a W-L in the first one and a triangle-W-L in the second.

Sunday was a long distance race, about 17.5 miles. The wind never did fill in, and in our class, the lead boat beat the time limit by about 10-15 minutes. We rounded Gilda, and near the tower, the wind was going left and right 20-30 degrees, and quickly, plus it was going up and down a lot. Much compression in the fleets.

Deke was sailing a Zap 26 in our fleet and crushed us and everyone. Mike Schaumberg also sailed from SB in Fatuity. We ended up winning the tiebreeaker in a three-way tie for third with Fatuity and another boat.

About 30 boats were sailing, with about 10 of those in non-spinnaker. VYC took the cup, and I believe it was CIYC in 2nd. Interesting thing about them was their entire team was in the non-spinnaker fleet.

Given the same format for next year, maybe send Skian Dhu as the big boat, something like Misbehavin as the little boat, and have Taxi Dancer go in the non-spinnaker division. Then they'd all be mad at us again.

post-1224-1253654922.jpg

We might be doing some flippy floppies with the Wilson Oil Rig Race on October 3rd. It should not have been scheduled on that date because that is the day of the Sea Shell Wine Tasting/Boat Tour Fundraiser. Their yearly event is always sold out and a lot of the race boats are involved in the "open boat tour". Lots of wine and appetizers. Looking for alternative dates for the Wilson.

The sled and Farr 40 classes have been invited to the Mike Campbell Memorial Regatta at LBYC on Oct 24 & 25. It will be great to honor such a wonderful guy. :)

The last official Wet Weds of the year should be hot and breezy. Everyone is pretty locked in final position except for the Melges 24 class where Average White Boat and Stimulus Bill are tied! Bring it.

Congrats to AWB and the Melonheads for winning the Melges fleet last night and the tie breaker of the Wet Wednesday Series!

post-1224-1253817695.jpg

Other series winners: Taxi Dancer, BeBe, Mar Caballo, Repeat Offender, 3 Big Dogs, Razzle Dazzle.

The Wilson Race has officially been changed to Sunday, October 4th.

Santa Barbara power and sailboaters may want to attend and help this worthy cause. I'm doing in on PERFECT.

<H1 class=style3 align=center>SAILATHON 2009</H1>

A DAY OF FUN FOR FOLKS, FRIENDS & FAMILIES!

CAREGIVERS Sailathon is a two hour jog-a-thon type event with boats from all

over the county competing to finish the most laps possible.

Come join the fun - watch from the Pier with a group of friends!

Date: October 11, 2009

Sail-a-thon: Noon-2:00 pm off the Ventura Pier

Awards ceremony to follow at 3:30 at the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club

$30 entrance fee for participants (dinner included)

For information and sponsorship opportunities please contact:

Santa Barbara power and sailboaters may want to attend and help this worthy cause. I'm doing in on PERFECT.

<H1 class=style3 align=center>SAILATHON 2009</H1>

A DAY OF FUN FOR FOLKS, FRIENDS & FAMILIES!

CAREGIVERS Sailathon is a two hour jog-a-thon type event with boats from all

over the county competing to finish the most laps possible.

Come join the fun - watch from the Pier with a group of friends!

Date: October 11, 2009

Sail-a-thon: Noon-2:00 pm off the Ventura Pier

Awards ceremony to follow at 3:30 at the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club

$30 entrance fee for participants (dinner included)

For information and sponsorship opportunities please contact:

Terri Keffer (805) 658-8530 or email tkeffer@vccaregivers.org

I'm a little slow sometimes, but I don't see where it states what cause this is benefiting. More might be motivated to go if they knew what for...

Go to Santa Barbara Racing for answers...Little Grasshopper...

I'm a little slow sometimes, but I don't see where it states what cause this is benefiting. More might be motivated to go if they knew what for...

oops:

cglogonew.gif

OUR MISSION

CAREGIVERS mission is to promote the health, well-being, dignity, and independence of frail, homebound elders through one-on-one relationships with trusted volunteers.

Our vision is "Dignity for Life."

CAREGIVERS provides non-medical, in-home support services and transportation for homebound, frail elders, preventing their premature placement into board and care facilities and making it possible for them to continue to live in the comfort and security of their own homes.

CAREGIVERS makes every effort to "match" a carefully screened and trained volunteer to a frail, homebound elder who needs basic assistance and companionship, in order to foster a long term, one-on-one relationship between them.

BowClown & coveted winner of the Cookie John Award,

This Newbie rarely gets it right and hey no one has even given her the Newbie salute yet!

I know sailors are afraid..after she had her high priced attorneys come after me for my writings on SA.

But Freedom of Speech prevailed.

Money can't buy you friends or love. But it sure as shit can buy attorneys. Beware.

post-1224-1253892632.gif

Go to Santa Barbara Racing for answers...Little Grasshopper...

Don't want to get lost in the unrelated ramblings.

oops:

cglogonew.gif

OUR MISSION

CAREGIVERS mission is to promote the health, well-being, dignity, and independence of frail, homebound elders through one-on-one relationships with trusted volunteers.

CAREGIVERS provides non-medical, in-home support services and transportation for homebound, frail elders, preventing their premature placement into board and care facilities and making it possible for them to continue to live in the comfort and security of their own homes.

CAREGIVERS makes every effort to "match" a carefully screened and trained volunteer to a frail, homebound elder who needs basic assistance and companionship, in order to foster a long term, one-on-one relationship between them.

Thanks for the info...

This Newbie rarely gets it right and hey no one has even given her the Newbie salute yet!

I know sailors are afraid..after she had her high priced attorneys come after me for my writings on SA.

Money can't buy you friends or love. But it sure as shit can buy attorneys. Beware.

post-1224-1253892632.gif

Hey (Supposed Judge and Jury) Janer-WTF? Sounds like you have an ax to grind?

Looks like the Good Radio Doc is immersing herself in good old charity fund raising and you want to give her crap? What is it with you? That is cold. But from what I have heard of you, it is right up your alley.

I thought sailing was about coming together in an activity that is mutually fun. Sounds like you are a divider and unsuccessful conquerer.

You really should get over yourself and your half cracked wise ass opinions. It is getting boring.

But then again, I need a target to pinch one off on.

I think you would agree it would have been good form for her to leave her attorneys out of it.

THANK YOU TO TOM PARKER for being a sponsor of my boat, PERFECT, in this SAILATHON!!! XOXOXO

PBYC/Ventura SAILATHON for CAREGIVERS

oops:

cglogonew.gif

OUR MISSION

THANK YOU TO TOM PARKER for being a sponsor of my boat, PERFECT, in this SAILATHON!!! XOXOXO

PBYC/Ventura SAILATHON for CAREGIVERS

oops:

cglogonew.gif

OUR MISSION

this post reminds me of something DA WOODY would have posted.

nttawwt

Ha Ha

So true.

Hey, Spooner...hope you come to the SAILATHON...they accept power and sail boats. It's a great charity (volunteer caregivers to the elderly) and the PBYC is very gracious...they'll have food and a lot of fun. Get some friends and come on down!

post-1224-1253892632.gif

Hey (Supposed Judge and Jury) Janer-WTF? Sounds like you have an ax to grind?

Looks like the Good Radio Doc is immersing herself in good old charity fund raising and you want to give her crap? What is it with you? That is cold. But from what I have heard of you, it is right up your alley.

I thought sailing was about coming together in an activity that is mutually fun. Sounds like you are a divider and unsuccessful conquerer.

You really should get over yourself and your half cracked wise ass opinions. It is getting boring.

But then again, I need a target to pinch one off on.

+1

Janer,

You spew such evil......did someone do something to you to make you such an unhappy person or were you just this way from birth? I have never seen so much venom come from someone... you must have something in your life that makes you very unhappy.

Looks like da doc has got a lot of new newbie names to keep repeating the same name calling. Now that doc & Max have their own little thread, why don't you chat it up over there?

I am very pleased that she is going to Ventura to do the Hospice fundraiser. We all need to give back to the sport. Just two weeks ago SBYC, its members, sailors and supporters raised $60,000 for Visiting Nurses and Hospice. In 6 days we've got the Sea Shell fundraiser for our littlest sailors. This is a boat tour and wine tasting and the people I sail with will be donating and volunteering and the Farr 40 will be open for viewing. Hopefully we will have the brautwurst bbq right in front of the boat again. So there are lots of ways to support our local charities. Besides that, we still are fundraising for the Youth Foundation Dock.

I'm off to the Museum of Natural History fundraiser where my sailor pal Helene is part of the art show.

Cheers!

The Larry & Becky team, 1st Place in the Fall One Design

J/105's

post-1224-1254069297_thumb.jpg

Average White Boat, Kent & Eric team, 1st Place Melges 24.

post-1224-1254069369_thumb.jpg

Another beautiful racing day.

Photos by Sharon Green, of course.

Janer, I think you are missing my point and let me be clear-

The slighting remarks are never directed for a good reason. You just Bitch away. You appear to always try to bring other women down. Why? You seem to hide behind the fact that you give, therefore you can spew. Just because you wrote you did RC once does not allow you to smack down others. I bet DL participated in that race you mention and you never point that out, did you? Just a guess.

I ask again, what is your beef with DL? Did she shag your guy? Did she out you and call you a name? I bet the spewing does not match the crime. Well unless it is jealousness brought out by her success and I assume your own possible shortcomings. Are you a boat owner Janer? Are you married with children? I think DL is all of these and her kid volunteers in the services to boot

Don't get me wrong, I am not a DL fan. Never even heard her show. I am interested in why you constantly poison this thread with your DL dribble.

Hold on, my popcorn is almost done.

Janer,

Really, the last comment was a sincere "reach out" as it is apparent you have some real issues. As you have pointed out so many times on this outlet that you have given so much to sailing in your community (SB) you should not belittle those contributions by spewing so much and attacking anyone you wish. It is not productive nor does it reflect anything but bitterness on you and the sport you say that you love so much.

You two do nothing but repeat yourselves and make up things. I am sure you are not from SB. You are so far off the mark, its hard to even reply. I run most of the women's racing events here, a have an all woman crew that races one design in PV and Long Beach and this year I started a women's FJ racing program called Flippin Fridays. It's all been a blast. I did own a J/24 which I had a lot of fun with before I started racing sleds and branched off to other areas. I have received the Outstanding Contribution to Yachting Award 3 times. I am the PRO for 3 regattas a year and I also organize a rules seminar every year. My giving back to the sport is one of my great joys. So what have you done besides name calling from behind a computer?

I doubt if you two nameless blokes do any sailing. You're just part of a contrived group that Laura has sent after me. She is doing a great job in other areas, trying to turn around her bad reputation and I applaud her efforts. To continue to attack me is not going to advance her in any direction. I have sailed with her, a lot of my friends sailed with her in the past and some now. Some like her and some don't. That's life. Laura is trying to get friendly and make more friends. You are not helping in this endeavor. Find something constructive to do with yourself.