dbo

Melbourne Big Boat Fleet

bump

do some homework fella !

has it sold?

Hey fella, if you don't know the answer to the question, then shouldn't you be very worried??

Hey fella, if you don't know the answer to the question, then shouldn't you be very worried??

not at all mate. well done this week end.

post-13075-1209890192_thumb.jpg

:blink::unsure:;)

Wild Joe would be a good buy.

Stark Raving Mad would also great

Did you read the advert? I think they've got an interesting perspective on describing a boat as "new":

Also her direct sistership WILD OATS X just won under IRC the Audi Sydney Harbor series ( 1st prize a new Audi) and beat the new R/P YENDIES, new Farr TP 52 RAGGAMUFFIN, the new Farr TP 52 COUGAR, and many others!!

Mex

Come on giddy, fess up. going up in size to canards. tuf-luf had to spill'em in asia. come clean

If you were an owner spending those sort of bucks would you necessarily inform the hired help??

Apollo Bay this weekend lads. First time for Flirt out the heads. Good opportunity to test out the offshore amenities, including the stove - I'm thinking I'll prepare a rack of lamb on a red wine jus, with some tuscan grilled vegetables for the troops.

Are you guys doing the race Giddy Up?

Apollo Bay this weekend lads. First time for Flirt out the heads. Good opportunity to test out the offshore amenities, including the stove - I'm thinking I'll prepare a rack of lamb on a red wine jus, with some tuscan grilled vegetables for the troops.

Are you guys doing the race Giddy Up?

with that menu, yep...recon you can cater for our boat too thrift?

I'm thinking we'll have Sangers, lollies and plenty of coffee.

see you on the start line mate.

with that menu, yep...recon you can cater for our boat too thrift?

I'm thinking we'll have Sangers, lollies and plenty of coffee.

see you on the start line mate.

Nope - no take-outs and no BYO, we're a classy boat mate.

See you there squire.

So who has bought Living Doll?

The japanese warlord??????????????????????????????????

So who has bought Living Doll?

Isn't it obvious if you read the thread?? New owner = Rob Hanna.

Anymore news on the fate of XLR8 ?

I'd heard a little while back Team New Zealand were looking at it as a training boat. They were going to take it up to Hammo.

I'd heard a little while back Team New Zealand were looking at it as a training boat. They were going to take it up to Hammo.

:blink:

They are chopping it up, putting it in small packets and selling it as energy food.

post-8605-1210681401.jpg

sorry if i also missed something, but I thought Hanna was planning to build (possibly something similar to what Hiatt's doing?)

talking of new builds, whats the consensus on Flirt so far? is she a gun or a dog? this weekend's orcv will be interesting...

Flirt seems to be on the improve as they get the hang of the boat.

While you are at it, what's the consensus view on the Rogers 46 Shogun? Pretty ordinary results so far in its short life - dog design or just not well enough sailed? If the latter then the change to Living Dead may not bring the silverware home either.

Flirt seems to be on the improve as they get the hang of the boat.

While you are at it, what's the consensus view on the Rogers 46 Shogun? Pretty ordinary results so far in its short life - dog design or just not well enough sailed? If the latter then the change to Living Dead may not bring the silverware home either.

good question, it's a mini tp52 & can't beat them on irc.

i think the step to the cookson is a good move for handicap but as she dosn't have a canter, pritty much the same boat

why has no one bought the joe @ 1mil, or aftershock @ 700k

what do they want for shogun? guess $800,000

good question, it's a mini tp52 & can't beat them on irc.

i think the step to the cookson is a good move for handicap but as she dosn't have a canter, pritty much the same boat

why has no one bought the joe @ 1mil, or aftershock @ 700k

what do they want for shogun? guess $800,000

I'd swap that for a Bundy! :lol:

post-13013-1210920010_thumb.jpg

Well that Apollo Bay race was pretty much the coldest I've been on a boat. It was just a little bit more than 2 degrees at the start and it didn't warm up for hours. Anyone else find that a bit fresh?

Well that Apollo Bay race was pretty much the coldest I've been on a boat. It was just a little bit more than 2 degrees at the start and it didn't warm up for hours. Anyone else find that a bit fresh?
yep that was cold

it was very nipply, all the way from the heads to apollo bay without so much as a tack was alright though....at least for those who didnt head off seawards.....

so the living dead isn't going to G_town till Oct, after hammo. shogun staying put in the pen for the mo! before maybe heading to RSA or the UK!

post-13013-1211774929_thumb.jpg

New spray dodger on Terribly Firm has me wondering. WTF? :o

Good to see liberal use of three major construction materials: Poly tube, Poly film and Duct tape in keeping with the finest traditions of the Aus boat building industry :P

Good to see liberal use of three major construction materials: Poly tube, Poly film and Duct tape in keeping with the finest traditions of the Aus boat building industry :P

Spars have been at Pete Kula's for the last 3 weeks or so.

They're preparing to do some altitude training before they head up North !!!

Jones designed?!

Bit of a surprise to see XLR8 entered for Hammo this year ......................

But who is really sailing it? Old owner, New owner or other?

But who is really sailing it? Old owner, New owner or other?

Registered to race under Graeme Troon.

I hear Bondy may be involved.

Thereby guaranteeing doom and unmitigated failure.

With Savvo on the same boat? I seriously don't think so.

Thereby guaranteeing doom and unmitigated failure.

With Savvo on the same boat? I seriously don't think so.

Let's just watch this space shall we ?

XLR8 has been sold. New owner takes it after Hammo, but until then looks like a few bucks are being spent trying to make it more competitive. Surely it cant do worse than last year?

Just spoke to my sources on the other side of the bay. Some might think it is OUTRAGOUS that xlr8 has been sold, but it is a SHAW thing. But the new owner will bring a RAY of light to the boat.

Brand new rig and sails, altered deck gear. Still a very slick yacht. Thats worth a bit.

Past her used by date? I like to think of her as "IRC over-optimised".

I'd LOVE to have a crew swap, Graham can have his old boat back for a day.

I think there's a bit left untapped in XLR8.

We may never know exactly how fast Don and his team could have made it go, can't imagine the new owner of XLRayt being happy to swap his new toy with Don!

Just spoke to my sources on the other side of the bay. Some might think it is OUTRAGOUS that xlr8 has been sold, but it is a SHAW thing. But the new owner will bring a RAY of light to the boat.

Probally right, after all XLR8 has about the same proportions as half a Paper Tiger

If this is true, I'm glad the boat is staying in Melbourne.

For those not in Melb and curious.

SMB #3 (at Hart Marine Mornington) to be launched 1st week July.. crew shakedown trip to Sydney and on the startline for Syd-GC race spanking new, staying on East Coast until Syd/Hobart before making her way home to the CYCSA.

Flag or no Flag on the hull this time Geoff?

Not blue (#1) or white (#2) ....... anyone making bets on her colour ?

What happened Rosco sailing in another boats water?

Don't know what you're talking about.

What happened to port tack yachts giving way to Starboard tack yachts?? Then tacking in the starboard tack yachts water?

And to think this owner is supposedly moving to a bigger yacht! Lord help Div 0.

Don't know what you're talking about.

What happened to port tack yachts giving way to Starboard tack yachts?? Then tacking in the starboard tack yachts water?

And to think this owner is supposedly moving to a bigger yacht! Lord help Div 0.

Credible eye witnesses say otherwise re the P & S.

Credible eye witnesses say otherwise re the P & S.

Credible???????????

Would this be the same eyewitnesses that believe a boat to leeward overlapped from clear astern prior to the start does not have rights to call the windward yacht up, or the eyewitnesses that believe they only have to give the "beam of a yacht" in room at the leeward mark when they were inside overlapped prior to and entering the zone.

If a yacht is sailing close hauled to windward and the sails are set on the port side, which tack is she on???

You were NOT aboard the starboard tack yacht and therefore have no idea what occurred.

So I suggest you review ISAF Case 87 and RYA 1986/1 and await the protest outcome before sticking your foot further down your own throat.

Credible???????????

Would this be the same eyewitnesses that believe a boat to leeward overlapped from clear astern prior to the start does not have rights to call the windward yacht up, or the eyewitnesses that believe they only have to give the "beam of a yacht" in room at the leeward mark when they were inside overlapped prior to and entering the zone.

If a yacht is sailing close hauled to windward and the sails are set on the port side, which tack is she on???

You were NOT aboard the starboard tack yacht and therefore have no idea what occurred.

So I suggest you review ISAF Case 87 and RYA 1986/1 and await the protest outcome before sticking your foot further down your own throat.

So you are lodging a protest arising from a club race... I'm assuming there was damage and you wish to apportion fault and hence liability for the costs??

Sorry to pull the thread away from a shitfight (not really) but I read that Skanky is for sale. Anyone aware of Worros plans?

Cheers

No different progam

are you just sprouting Shit or do you know who has bought it!?

New owner or an upgrade??

are you just sprouting Shit or do you know who has bought it!?

New owner or an upgrade??

Shit! Your'e the king of the shovel. Know everything and everyone and yet you are asking me?

Shit! Your'e the king of the shovel. Know everything and everyone and yet you are asking me?

Yep, you're the one fucking the chook ! :P

No different progam
It is going to be renamed "The flying Pig"

running way ahead of the pack on this one.

C'mon, spit it out. Your secret is safe with us here....

C'mon, spit it out. Your secret is safe with us here....

totally tongue in cheek....ie N.F.I

totally tongue in cheek....ie N.F.I

OK, Lets get clever here; which Geelong big boat owners currently have their boats on the market?

OK, Lets get clever here; which Geelong big boat owners currently have their boats on the market?
Other names being touted are "the pink elephant" ie don't hang by the short and curlies waiting for it to happen.

I guess the new owner won't be leading Melbourne offshore sailing identity Fat Tony Mokbel although it would appear he has the sailing credentials.

See John Silvesters report fom the Age today>>> wtf is a self righting mast?

"In a plot worthy of a James Bond thriller, Purana ganglands detectives have pieced together the movements of Mokbel from the time he jumped bail in Melbourne in 2006 until his arrest in Athens one year ago today.

They know that he spent about six months hiding at an associate's modest country property at Bonnie Doon near Eildon while his associates helped organised his escape overseas.

Police allege that his team bought an ocean going 57-foot yacht, named Edwina, in Newcastle and then had it shipped to Perth and finally to Geraldton - a distance of more than 4000 kilometres.

The yacht was then refitted with giant fuel tanks and a self righting mast. Police allege Mokbel's associates secretly imported a crew of Greek seaman to sail the yacht from the WA coast to Greece - a distance of more than 12,000 kilometres.

Detective Inspector Edwards said Mokbel left Australia on November 11, 2006, and arrived in Greece on Christmas Eve 2006"

By my count thats only 43 days of sailing from Gerro to Greece - he must be a bloody good trimmer! Wonder what sort of boat "Edwina" is/was??

Little under a 6.5 knot average for the trip. Not bad for the Mokbel. Reckon he'd give Bullimore a run for his money with that and be less of a con man at the same time.

Hey Eventually

In the words of Roberta Williams: "Noice."

Actually, maybe he could lend Bulli the self-righting mast. He's been known to need such a feature from time-to-time.

Mex

quick hi-jack...

what GRIB service would any of you east coasters recommend for your side of the country?

were infiltrating your waters in a few months

or the Good, the Bad,......

or the Good, the Bad,......
and the really ugly

How do you know this rumor started in G Town?

Oh, and Fark off Newb !!

welcome to SA.

For those not in Melb and curious.

SMB #3 (at Hart Marine Mornington) to be launched 1st week July.. crew shakedown trip to Sydney and on the startline for Syd-GC race spanking new, staying on East Coast until Syd/Hobart before making her way home to the CYCSA.

Flag or no Flag on the hull this time Geoff?

Not blue (#1) or white (#2) ....... anyone making bets on her colour ?

Heard a rumour that SMB#2 is coming to Sandy, not sure who though?

What a load of crap! Do all the bull sh_t rumors have to start in Geelong?
as I said

{It is going to be renamed "The flying Pig"

running way ahead of the pack on this one. }

How do you know this rumor started in G Town?

Oh, and Fark off Newb !!

welcome to SA.

no need to speak like that young fell