• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GLSailor

Milwaukee -Area II Anarchy

Looks like Mrs Jones got off to a good start defending the season championship!!

how was the skelding?...good breeze?...any reports??

Yep it was good breeze, Shorts and sweatshirt weather. Although not the type of day you want for a first sail. The wind was a Westerly that was anywhere between 14-20 with gusts to 30 at times. The RC did a fantastic job getting 3 races in with a minimum of down time between races. Three races in a day is tough but the racing was done by around 3:30 to 4 pm.

Looks like an nice season with some pretty interesting fleets in both 1 and 2 with some great competition. 3 will come around if the Catalina's race.

Mrs Jones was very tough but Scout is back so I expect a great season for those guys. Div 2. Redrum won the first 2 but they had a brain fart on the last race that gave it away. Art had the Snow goose revved up they earned the blue flag in Div 2 and Latis won the last race...

Not a bad day.

Senator!!

thank you VERY much for some actual information! i was beginning to think that no locals 'cept me and RtWL were reading this sillyness!

see you sunday for the windpoint!

enjoy windpoint, I'm making the best call of the race and going golfing......that race always sucks!!! Welcome back!

Looks like Mrs Jones got off to a good start defending the season championship!!

how was the skelding?...good breeze?...any reports??

Yep it was good breeze, Shorts and sweatshirt weather. Although not the type of day you want for a first sail. The wind was a Westerly that was anywhere between 14-20 with gusts to 30 at times. The RC did a fantastic job getting 3 races in with a minimum of down time between races. Three races in a day is tough but the racing was done by around 3:30 to 4 pm.

Looks like an nice season with some pretty interesting fleets in both 1 and 2 with some great competition. 3 will come around if the Catalina's race.

Mrs Jones was very tough but Scout is back so I expect a great season for those guys. Div 2. Redrum won the first 2 but they had a brain fart on the last race that gave it away. Art had the Snow goose revved up they earned the blue flag in Div 2 and Latis won the last race...

Not a bad day.

Senator!!

thank you VERY much for some actual information! i was beginning to think that no locals 'cept me and RtWL were reading this sillyness!

see you sunday for the windpoint!

enjoy windpoint, I'm making the best call of the race and going golfing......that race always sucks!!! Welcome back!

Skinny, Nice race Saturday, Latis was cranked up

Flood Bros. playing? Or just a Queens Cup outing?

Milwaukee's own ska band the Invaders Thursday night 8:00

(shameless plug for a crew member)

what's the location??

SWEET!! i should be back to town right 'round 8! a couple o toddies at SSYC and i'm there!!

for anyone who hasn't seen the invaders...you can't beat the fun factor of "BREWTOWN SKA"!!

BE THERE!!

Non-sailing post------

Heading up Nort' to MIL; mid of Oct for a Bachelor party.

Where are the fun areas to hang out?

Any good strip clubs in the area?

Thanks!

Non-sailing post------

Heading up Nort' to MIL; mid of Oct for a Bachelor party.

Where are the fun areas to hang out?

Any good strip clubs in the area?

Thanks!

What? You think anyone in Brew City actually reads this thread? There's a post a month if we're lucky. Buncha slackers.

Come to Louie's and we'll give you a tour of all the hot spots.

Hello Milwaukee Area Anarchists,

Need call on you for a small favor. I am a volunteer at the Milwaukee Community Sailing Center. If you are not familiar with MCSC, it is one of Milwaukee's jewels; a not-for-profit teaching center that provides access to Lake Michigan to everyone through fine sailing programs for kids and adults.

In preparing for next summer's programs, MCSC is planning to to introduce something new: a sailing class for families where parents and kids can learn to sail together, in a fun, safe and supportive environment. Until now, most sailing classes have focused on either adults or kids, but not both adults and kids.

We need help to design the right program. Do you know a prospective sailor-parent who would answer a few questions in an online survey? Please ask them to take 10 minutes to share their opinions. If they do, MCSC will offer a $10 certificate to apply to the new program. This survey will close on 12/15/2009.

Please forward this link to anyone you know who might to learn to sail with their kids!

http://www.fivetwelvegroup.com/survey/MCSC...s_567/index.cfm

PM me if you have questions or other ideas to share.

-ndh

Bar the bar doors, lock up the women and slow moving domestic animals. Burns has penetrated the cheese curtain. :o

He's more than welcome to have his way with the slow moving domestic animals (which can often be mistaken for many of our women) as long as he plans on bringing the Burns-o-matic with him.

If judged by the Queens Cup, which it is not, then it sucks balls. Is there ever any wind for the Queens Cup?

Is the Burns family relocating?

Bar the bar doors, lock up the women and slow moving domestic animals. Burns has penetrated the cheese curtain. :o

He's more than welcome to have his way with the slow moving domestic animals (which can often be mistaken for many of our women) as long as he plans on bringing the Burns-o-matic with him.

It needs a good cleaning and some touch-up again but I'm sure it will head over there eventually.

Well, it's good to know this thread gets brought out for a breather every now and then. Apparently Michigan has more interest in Brew City than the locals do. Not for lack of trying.

Well, it's good to know this thread gets brought out for a breather every now and then. Apparently Michigan has more interest in Brew City than the locals do. Not for lack of trying.

Bro, did someone say brew?

strange-brew.jpg

Maybe.

strange-brew.jpg

Maybe.

"like, he hooked up our home stereo, eh.."

Anybody know of a boat doing the Queens Cup and returning to Milwaukee on Saturday ASAP. I have the chance to come up an do the race but I need to get back to Milwaukee on Saturday night.

Boomvang

Anybody know of a boat doing the Queens Cup and returning to Milwaukee on Saturday ASAP. I have the chance to come up an do the race but I need to get back to Milwaukee on Saturday night.

Boomvang

Just find a boat that doesn't need the help coming back and take the ferry

Boomvang

Just find a boat that doesn't need the help coming back and take the ferry

Fuck Off Nube!!! Get 'em out!

3 posts in 3 years?

post-2650-011427800 1308711905_thumb.png

Hello folks,

For those who don't know me, I am Andy Camarda, and took the position of Offshore Chair at LMSRF this year. I have been tasked with determining what we can do to offer more value to our members. I have decided to try a novel approach and listen to the people who sail. We are trying to see what we can do to best promote sailing and create a fun environment. I started by adding a Facebook page from which I will post news and have an open forum for discussion. Please join and pass it along to other sailors/prospective sailors. If you have any additional comments, please PM me!

LMSRF Facebook

The Lake Michigan Sail Racing Federation (of which Area II is one region):

Has a new website that is about 2 weeks old we invite you to visit LMSRF Website

Opened up its newsletters in 2012 from "member only" to all crew, owners, club board members, significant others, or anyone else who wold like to track what is happening on Lake Michigan. See this years newsletters. And sign up for free to get the newsletters monthly (The LMSRF Operating Policies restrict use of your email address ONLY to send you these newsletters). Targeted information right for the region you sail in.

Thank you.

The America’s Cup Trophy is in Chicago (for the first time ever) on Thursday, June 20, 2013!

1. Look for it on a 4 minute segment on the WGN Midday News program from 11:00am – 12:00pm
  2. Then 6:30 p.m. at:
    The Book Stall
    811 Elm Street
    Winnetka, IL 60093

Buy your book “The Billionaire and the Mechanic” (have it signed by the Author Julian Guthrie who is doing a signing after a reading), the DVD “The Wind Gods” and get a picture of you with the Cup!