• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

L Z

Race Day 1

Alright y'all - I'm going to walk the docks to get some info from the folks - we don't really know what happened offshore after Race 1 so we'll go and find out. It's interesting that the Melges 32's are 1-2 in PHRF A. Nice job, y'all.

I just got a good report on the last J/24 start on the harbor course. It was an awesome start - the current was flooding hard, and the RC had an I-flag up. The wind picked up, and eight j/24s were over early. And as they waited for a General Recall...but wait, no general! All eight had to go back around the pin and re-start.

I flags and J24s ... ahh shucks - doesn't that just hold a special place in your heart ... :lol: :lol: ;)

I flags and J24s ... ahh shucks - doesn't that just hold a special place in your heart ... :lol: :lol: ;)

At least I'm not covered with bruises this time!

In PHRF F Remedy has some wheels...We are trying to get our heads out of our asses and get moving on Rhumb Punch. Maybe I'll get a chance to get some pics..at least of some other classes starts...B)

I'll keep posting the pics... maybe we can sort this out as we go...

SOMEBODY needs to clean his facking sensor on that camera.

At least I'm not covered with bruises this time!

Great coverage, Clean. See you on the course today. There should be more action, given the forecast.

Great coverage, Clean. See you on the course today. There should be more action, given the forecast.

Thanks for the info. Work doens't suck as musch when I can check in here.

Clean, I have a question about the J24s. You had 3145 way out in front in one of the races, checked results and there is no 3145. What's up with that?

Looks like another good day for Dan Borrer and team Jesus Lizard.

Clean, I have a question about the J24s. You had 3145 way out in front in one of the races, checked results and there is no 3145. What's up with that?

Looks like another good day for Dan Borrer and team Jesus Lizard.

Dan kicked some ass despite having to take a 20% penalty - and Jesus Lizard is using Will Welles' old sails, so that's the discrepancy. I'm starting the Day 2 thread right now - it's calm as hell. According to Category 5, it's the calm before the serious storm tomorrow. We're out on the big boat course under postponement.

Dan kicked some ass despite having to take a 20% penalty - and Jesus Lizard is using Will Welles' old sails, so that's the discrepancy. I'm starting the Day 2 thread right now - it's calm as hell. According to Category 5, it's the calm before the serious storm tomorrow. We're out on the big boat course under postponement.

Thanks Clean and great job. You doing the J24 Nationals next week?

Thanks Clean and great job. You doing the J24 Nationals next week?

HELL NO! (and thanks)

We'll be on a plane to NZ...just a wee bit more comfortable than the rail of a j/24.

SOMEBODY needs to clean his facking sensor on that camera.

What should we use to clean it, BJ?

50-50 Mix of Bleach and Amonia

apply with a Steel-Wool swab

wipe away residew with

MEK on a piece of SunBrella

Fill with WD-40

before replacing Glass

For moisture resistance

Shake camera often

That should pretty much

take care of any camera problems

I said that because

If I told you to use a "Rocket"

You would think I was Facking with ya !!!!!

BEST Advice:

DO NOT Borrow Glass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea how to treat Glass

Till You Pay for the Glass

If You can't Pay for the Glass

You Shouldn't Use it

A small ding or scratch or pit on the Glass

to the person who did it is minor

As you hand it back to the owner

They WILL BE BUMMED

ANY DAMAGE - Lens should be Replaced !!!!!

Get and Use

"ONLY"

Glass that will be yours if you hurt it

If you Must

Go Rent from a Shop

At least you won't loose a Friend

And the Shop won't loose a Lens

Tough lessons Woody? I think that Mer got that smudge when I dropped the camera on some pavement way back when. oops...

melges' are back up, with a litttle shake up at the top

1) 450 - Spray, Lucas, just had a terrible hoist but they're in first,

2) Blur, Steve Kopf in second

3) Brilliant - Blank

The J/80's are mixed in here, with Outrageous in first, and with 829 and 840

Next Melges is

4) 136

5) 626 - Wireless

6) Team Gill

7) 274 Big Sky

8) 245 Riot Act

9) Fu is holding hard

10) 687 Fire Water

The rest of the J/80s are here, Angry Chameleon, then 173. Then the S2 7.9 is coming around too. It's sort of silly that the Melges are racing with these slow boats, but certainly make it more fun...

So how come when those "slow boats" started with the J/80's the 7.9's were first to the mark?