• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bowdude1

Many Thanks to Ashley Perrin

Had a small incident at the leeward mark of the SFYC Resin Regatta on Saturday. Ashley was able to show up the second the boat hit the dock and turned this:

post-1951-1176781232_thumb.jpg

Into this, allowing us to race Sunday. She wouldn't even let me get her dinner. I owe you, thanks for letting us get back out on the water Sunday.

post-1951-1176780954_thumb.jpg

Better get that replacement rego sticker sorted out....

Its great when you can find someone who understands how important it is to get back out sailing ASAP.

SW

So were you the port tacker that did not make it across?

FD

So were you the port tacker that did not make it across?

FD

No, I was the guy that rounded the gate the right way that got hit by a boat that rounded from the outside towards the inside of the gate.

No, I was the guy that rounded the gate the right way that got hit by a boat that rounded from the outside towards the inside of the gate.

OK - if he was such a dumbass, what were you doing back there with him? :ph34r:

BTW - nice patch job Ashley. ;)

Thanks for the cheerleading guys but it was really not a hassle at all. If I am that awesome maybe you guys can find a date for me cause I can't :unsure:

Anyways I am glad I was able to help you guys get back on the water and I hope you have a great regatta next weekend. Just pass the favors along thats what sailings all about ^_^

Thanks for the cheerleading guys but it was really not a hassle at all. If I am that awesome maybe you guys can find a date for me cause I can't :unsure:

Anyways I am glad I was able to help you guys get back on the water and I hope you have a great regatta next weekend. Just pass the favors along thats what sailings all about ^_^

OH! COME ON NOW!!! If I wern't married, I would have already brought you out! You're hot and cool and ya know it! You'll do well!

I'm not trying to flame but looks like you did not have too much fun with the 4" grinder, or just blasted away from the inside? How'd you do it? Good photos. paper, etc taped on the outside & did all work on the inside? poly, vinyl, pox? Either way 8 hours, looks great.

If I blow that pic up and read the sail number that is USA 378 which is owned by M24Sailor, sorry man, had to do it. But I would bet that shot is from the Annapolis Noods recently. I'm sure he might have a comment once he finds it, but I wont say the obvious about the duck. :rolleyes:

PressureDrop

................... She wouldn't even let me get her dinner. ............

...........................maybe you guys can find a date for me cause I can't unsure.gif.....................

.....seems yer should be a little less obsessed on your dream if you want that........'love's all around ya,I'm sure!

............probably best t'wait till after the VO though ;)

.................go th' ASHLEY!!!!

I can't tell a lie.. i almost killed Ashley on the top of the rig going transatlantic..... she spun around the mast head with great style....in a big seaway... Go Ashley have fun....

I can't tell a lie.. i almost killed Ashley on the top of the rig going transatlantic..... she spun around the mast head with great style....in a big seaway... Go Ashley have fun....

I've heard about that one from her....

I've heard about that one from her....

Me too. It's an epic story. I've learned so much from her over the years. Go Ashley!

Yeah the "plan" the two of you came up with had a couple of holes in it...................just sayin

Good luck to SCA without Ash. Should something break, it won't get fixed right. Should there be a MOB, there won't be an ISAF certified saftey at sea instructor on board. Should one of the other girls crack a nail, have a heavy flow day, emotional breakdown, be a bitch, they'll be one down.

None of this shit would happen with Ash on board.

Better get that replacement rego sticker sorted out....

Considering it expired six years ago, I wouldn't worry too much about it. ;)

Nice work, Ashley!