• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr Fisto

Lake Macquarie Sailing

Now that the sumer series are at there end in the lake. Is toronto RMYC the only club going to have spinikar races. Also has anyone got any goss on new boats coming to the Lake?

Now that the sumer series are at there end in the lake. Is toronto RMYC the only club going to have spinikar races. Also has anyone got any goss on new boats coming to the Lake?
we've always got croudace bay every second sunday

the current owner of High Anxiety is looking at getting an F40

That would be great another F40, i also hear rummors of someone getting F52. That would be great trying to get that in and out of the Lake

somehow i think thats a pipe dream getting a 52 into the lake, would be great if it was someday possible tho, whos the person rumoured to b getting the F52?

Not shore, of the mans name for F52, but i also heard another rummer about a Lake Guy thinking about buying a Open 66 AAPT. Not shore what he plans to do with it, i would think he would take it to newcastle. I think this rummor is close to being true. 2 different people are keen in it.

post-13293-1177046362.jpgpost-13293-1177046362.jpg
Not shore, of the mans name for F52, but i also heard another rummer about a Lake Guy thinking about buying a Open 66 AAPT. Not shore what he plans to do with it, i would think he would take it to newcastle. I think this rummor is close to being true. 2 different people are keen in it.

somehow i think thats a pipe dream getting a 52 into the lake, would be great if it was someday possible tho, whos the person rumoured to b getting the F52?

GF

Is that loud, angry little man still thinking of buying an F40.

No second guesses who!

FENDERS EVERYONE!

Starting saturday 28th april Good old wangi will be racing spinikers ne week -non spinikers the next all welcome to come and experiance a friendly club :lol:

GF

Is that loud, angry little man still thinking of buying an F40.

No second guesses who!

FENDERS EVERYONE!

I think he still wants one, has to offload the current boat first tho

A certain etchell skipper has decided to get into serious racing, he has purchased an Endeavor 26. Now thats a race yacht.

Elliot 52 Hydraflow converted back to lift keel possibly by 2008. Squid rumoured to be converting to canting keel in offseason and sealing up bomb doors for outboard. Also a Lyons 39 possibly coming down from Mooloolabar.

Along the same lines but will probly bring out a few more answers, how did Lake Mac Anarchists in there club, pointscores/season results wateva this year??

I was only able to sail one race this Season Gorn, albeit one hell or a corker. ;)

PS, A re-fractured Spine and 3 Broken Ribs is probably not an ideal way to finish the season I guess.

crickey! why would squid get a canting keel? does this rumour have a foundation?

squid absolutely smokes already in a blow, she'll be unstoppable if she goes canter...

Thats always stumped me with Squid, looking at it you would think the boat would perform better in lighter conditions rather than heavy but its the opposite, perhaps the new rig helps in that dept, either way the boat is still a very consistent performer and is more often than not one of the first 3 boats home.

HCW, sucks to hear about the injuries, you'll come back from them tho, anymore sailing planned for you in the coming season or just the HCW24hr again??

Thats always stumped me with Squid, looking at it you would think the boat would perform better in lighter conditions rather than heavy but its the opposite, perhaps the new rig helps in that dept, either way the boat is still a very consistent performer and is more often than not one of the first 3 boats home.

HCW, sucks to hear about the injuries, you'll come back from them tho, anymore sailing planned for you in the coming season or just the HCW24hr again??

I hope to get the old girl back and firing for the 2007 Season, however I'm not going to tell anyone (Ooops) that I am going to sail until I'm closer to the fact. The Body keeps on finding new ways to annoy my doctors so I just won't tell it what I'm doing eh - that might work.

Another rummor for everyone, LETS GO Colex onex is nearly finished its major refit. It will be visiting the lake again for a few seasons before it will be going long distance crusing to far away places. Its still got the same rig and sail plan, but will have removable furler, electric winches, a flash interior (it had nothing but cold Aluminum before) Everything will be the same on the boat but set up for shorthanded crusing. It still should go great. It will go back in the water end of this year. Its been out of the water for 4 or 5 or 6 year a long time project its been.

Interesting you say that Mr.F, i heard in October last year they were planning to have in back in the water and going by christmas last year, i spose its like everything in the marine industry tho, believe the arrival date when it happens

Squid a canter!! now thats a rumour for sure. Maybe bomb doors sealed so that 100 kilos of water doesn't get carted round in arse end every week, but canter that would be interesting. A few things could be done before the expense of a canter.

is it about 50ft long with spider webs painted near the bow?? If so its Funnel Web(Hick 50 if i think) sailed in the last Melbourne - Osaka race, i would hardly use the term weapon to describe it

Maybe not LM but WTF is the canary yellow weapon on the hard at Noakes in Newcastle. Sorry no pics was pissing rain and night time Wed .

Could be the IMS or IRC [Can't remember which] Cuckoos Nest [Lyons 40] that Nigel won the hobart in back in the 90s. Pretty sure thats what was there th last time I was in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago. I too had to have a second look having sailed on it. At one stage it was called Rapscallion and painted red for those with a memory.

looked more like 40 ft and no web small white bubble cabin with no windows small bowsprit

Could be it.

is it about 50ft long with spider webs painted near the bow?? If so its Funnel Web(Hick 50 if i think) sailed in the last Melbourne - Osaka race, i would hardly use the term weapon to describe it

Not Funnel Web but just as ugly!

I heard it was being modified for this years Melbourne - Osaka race but didn't make it in time, obviously!

Looking at next years race.

Damn right about it being ugly, drove past it several weeks ago on a friday night, im glad it was dark, dont think i woulda been able to handle it in the daylight

Not Funnel Web but just as ugly!

I heard it was being modified for this years Melbourne - Osaka race but didn't make it in time, obviously!

Looking at next years race.

It,s the old Jutson 42 Flying colours, ex Qld yacht, rumour has it being set up for Malay single handed rotw attempt, agree it's fugly would much rather do the lap in the big tri across the creek

What is Squid? I haven't sailed much on the Lake in ages and I'm out of touch.

Radford 35, quick

I know I am very late on this post. However, if you want a good F40 give me a post. You know I already have one so I have nothing to gain other than getting more F40's here,,,,,

Regards

Edake.

A certain etchell skipper has decided to get into serious racing, he has purchased an Endeavor 26. Now thats a race yacht.

If his surname is Williams get him to call me. I know how it can get it done

Edake

hey fisto, will Lets Go be racing or just cruising around the lake?

it would be good to she how she goes against some of the newer boats.

While its in the lake it will be raced, It will be great to see her racing around again

If his surname is Williams get him to call me. I know how it can get it done

Edake

I've been outed. On etchells front 6 LMYC boats heading to Moolooloaba next week for the midwinters. 50 or so starters expected. Hope to improve results offshore. Up until now most of us (PM excluded) have struggled in lumpy conditions.

Jeff - things going well with the F40?

Not much usually happens around this time, give it another month or so and more rumours will start appearing, most ppl would still be busy getting there boats sorted out for next year.

One thing i have heard tho is that the Elliot 11m Midnight Oil(very similar to High Anxiety) will be making a return to the lake next season

Just looking through the boat adds dreaming, and came accross four of the LMYC div 1 boats for sale.

Force12, Rossco, High Anxiety & Rum Runner.

Now I know Force and High's owners both want Farr 40's, but what's on the agenda for the other two?

Anyone

GF - is that High Anxiety the SYD40 from RPAYC? I thought it was sold to Bris/QLD about a year ago.

Ok, i guess there not to much more goss around the lake then

Hardly local, but there is a nice little tool sitting on the lift over at Sensation Yachts. 105ft Sodebo, built at Boatspeed. Not much to see at the moment, but if they do the seatrials out of Newcastle its worth having a look.

GF - is that High Anxiety the SYD40 from RPAYC? I thought it was sold to Bris/QLD about a year ago.

Negative, its an Elliot 11m

Rum Runner's owner is getting tired of going out and floggin gear each weekend and will be sailing on another boat with friends next year, no idea about Rossco tho, hadnt heard she was on the market

i see high anxiety is on the newcastle yachts website. pretty cheap too ...

these are the guys that distribute the A-35 etc. wonder if he's doing a trade-in ?

cheers,

Rum Runner's owner is getting tired of going out and floggin gear each weekend and will be sailing on another boat with friends next year, no idea about Rossco tho, hadnt heard she was on the market

Saw the Elliott for sale on the yacht hub. Is it worth the money he wants for it ? How does it go against boats around the same size.

"Ross and Co's". owner well..... Rossco is getting out of the Sport and has put the Ross 35 on the market, he's planning to spend more time with his antique motorized masterpieces.

We've been trying to get him onto a T7 for years.

Saw the Elliott for sale on the yacht hub. Is it worth the money he wants for it ? How does it go against boats around the same size.

Results for our last season. Boats around her size are...Kokomo(F40 OD) Wallop (BH41/SYD41) Fathom(Syd39CR) Frantic(Sayer 40) Force 12(Radford 12m) Squid (Radford 35/Sprint)

High Anx seems to run abit hot and cold, whether thats due to crew, gear or wateva im not sure

I've been outed. On etchells front 6 LMYC boats heading to Moolooloaba next week for the midwinters. 50 or so starters expected. Hope to improve results offshore. Up until now most of us (PM excluded) have struggled in lumpy conditions.

Jeff - things going well with the F40?

Hi

Things are going well. The fleet has a lot of good sailors and so long as you manage your budget you can still compete with the best. We actually have been up in the top 5 or so during the last nationals at times. We are now doing well on scratch in the Winter series against Estate Master. I expect to be able to move up a notch or two next year. It would be great to get some more corinthian sailors into the fleet. We had 4 in the nationals.

thought i would bump this up again seeing as its just over a month now until the start of the season, any more rumours (or truths) to be told about whats happening on the lake this year.

Mr Fisto, are you guys planning on having Wallop back home for the start of the season or does it look like you'll miss the first race due to delivery??

I found out who it was that was looking at AAPT as well, he abandoned the idea after he got a quote for $90,000 to convert it to a lift keel

DAVO, you still on the lookout for a new boat or you going to stick with the old girl for abit longer?

Also, wats the names of all the RMYC marks, starting at coal point and working in a clockwise(upto the north then back to the south) direction

cheers

At this stage we are going another season on Austral.

As for Wallop I don't think she'll be back in the lake for a couple of months.

SAfter Hammo there is still some work left to do on her as a result of the storm. Needs to come out of the water again.

Will miss a lot of the spring pointscore. :(

sorry to hear that, what was the storm damage she copped?? looks like we were fucking lucky to be tucked up in the shed when it rolled through, i saw her sitting on a mooring instead of in the pen for a few weeks, assumed that was due to the marina getting a hammering and not the boat tho

At this stage we are going another season on Austral.

As for Wallop I don't think she'll be back in the lake for a couple of months.

SAfter Hammo there is still some work left to do on her as a result of the storm. Needs to come out of the water again.

Will miss a lot of the spring pointscore. :(

You, Hair of the Dog and Mitchell Sails should make up a team for the HcW DAVO.

You, Hair of the Dog and Mitchell Sails should make up a team for the HcW DAVO.

Good idea!

I will scope out the other two on that.

Gorn,

I'm not exactly sure of the total damage to Wallop but when they were up at Noakes there was a lot of guoging and scratching down both topsides. Costly exercise for a respray no doubt.

Bits and pieces here and there but no major structural damage. Wal got her out of the pen immediately to avoid more damage as the yachts were just shy of being over the wharf! :(

Wal and a few guys actually camped at the club a couple of nights taking shifts to go and check on all the boats remaining in the marina.

Nice little bivouak! :unsure:

glad to hear its nothing major, would suck to lose the main competition for an extended period, hope they get it sorted quickly and are back out there relatively soon

glad to hear its nothing major, would suck to lose the main competition for an extended period, hope they get it sorted quickly and are back out there relatively soon

Have you guys been down to Noakes in Sydney?

Did you get the sheave in for the masthead and the bowsprit on?

down at woolwich, sheave is made just has to go in the mast, all the fittings are made for the bowsprit all the parts just have to be put together, stem fitting is attatched, just have to mount padeyes for the side stays this weekend

down at woolwich, sheave is made just has to go in the mast, all the fittings are made for the bowsprit all the parts just have to be put together, stem fitting is attatched, just have to mount padeyes for the side stays this weekend

Excellent!

It will be interesting to see if you guys can back up last years good performance against the dreaded handicapper's axe for these mods?

I'm thinking the boat will be quicker but will detrimentally effect your average performance. Ie. You will have a wider range of performance extremes and the handicap you will attract will make it hard in club racing to get the same result?

Wish you the best though.

Cheers Davo

i spose the hope will be that the speed gained from having the masthead gear will keep us ahead of the handicapper(for a while at least) also a couple of minor course changes have been made, one of which should provide a good downhill run in a decent NE'er

i spose the hope will be that the speed gained from having the masthead gear will keep us ahead of the handicapper(for a while at least) also a couple of minor course changes have been made, one of which should provide a good downhill run in a decent NE'er

Is your SC still adopting the pulbah courses?

In our club the pulbah courses seriously mess with handicaps IMO because of the suitability to certain boats.

As if handicaps aren't hard enough to come to grips with. Inevitably we get NE's and the tens, sportsboats etc. make soup of us and similar boats because of the long reaches etc. :(

Yes still going with the Pulbah courses,

RMYC is at a disavantage with theres as there arnt any rounding marks to make a course out of after coal pt, which as you know in anything other than a southerly or northerly its a reach there and back.

For our NE Pulbah we go from the start to LMYC, make the left turn at the channel, round the island to starboard, back to coon island, over to fishing pt, back to LMYC, over to coal pt, belmont bay then to the finish, great course in a 20+ NE, good mix of beats, runs and tigher kite reaches

Yes still going with the Pulbah courses,

RMYC is at a disavantage with theres as there arnt any rounding marks to make a course out of after coal pt, which as you know in anything other than a southerly or northerly its a reach there and back.

For our NE Pulbah we go from the start to LMYC, make the left turn at the channel, round the island to starboard, back to coon island, over to fishing pt, back to LMYC, over to coal pt, belmont bay then to the finish, great course in a 20+ NE, good mix of beats, runs and tigher kite reaches

Exactly

Whilst it is "nice" for some to get out of the regular playground, as far as racing goes with consistent fields I am pushing to out this from our regular pointscore. We have at least four of these bastards in our programme! :angry:

First race for the season was saturday just past, perfect conditions for the first race, great to be back out there, Frantic and Squid looked to be having a good race between themselves for the whole race.

How did the rest of you guys find the day??

Will put a link up to the results when the website is back up and running

First race for the season was saturday just past, perfect conditions for the first race, great to be back out there, Frantic and Squid looked to be having a good race between themselves for the whole race.

How did the rest of you guys find the day??

Will put a link up to the results when the website is back up and running

My first impression was that numbers at LMYC (in most divisions) seemed down on last year. Etchells are the exception with 14 registered boats and at least one more to make an appearance when repairs are carried out. Close racing in fleet champs with 15secs covering the first five in the fleet. Good to get the result in first race of the season.

not wrong about numbers being down, we're currently down 4 in Div1 with Wallop still away and could possibly lose another one if Rum Runner is sold.

On the other hand does anyone want to buy an Elliot 11m??

Could I trouble one of you guys Sailing from LMYC to do me a small favour if you would be so kind please?

Would there be any chance of 1 or 3 of you sailing with a GPS Tracker hooked up for Saturday's Racing.

Any one with a Cig Lighter socket will do fine.

Cheers in advance.

do you mean one of the trackers for the 24hr race??

Ill check with the powers that be tomorrow, shouldnt be a drama tho

or do you mean some1 with an onboard GPS tracking there race?? If the latter i have our track from last saturdays race as well as one from a couple of weeks ago from getting waypoints for all the LMYC marks

The Syd40 has been over here in WA since January.

not wrong about numbers being down, we're currently down 4 in Div1 with Wallop still away and could possibly lose another one if Rum Runner is sold.

On the other hand does anyone want to buy an Elliot 11m??

11m as in like Veloce in Vic or do you mean the old E10.8m High Anxiety??

wasnt too bad, i preferred this week to 2 weeks ago, at least we got a proper finish this week and more consistent pressure throughout the day, had heard the rumour of the combined owner deal, thought both of them had to offload current boats before it went ahead tho

Isn"t High anxiety actually an Elliot 10.5 which was a racing version of the old Squid and Eagle One which were Elliot 1050 "s.

id always thought it was an 11m, looks alot more like Midnight Oil than the old Squid and Eagle One to me, speaking of which does anyone here want to buy one or know sum1 who does? we currently own it and want to offload it.

Just looking at the listing now, its down as a 10.8m, but theres a pic with 10.5 on the top of the main, so maybe take an average of the 3 and we'll call it even

wasnt too bad, i preferred this week to 2 weeks ago, at least we got a proper finish this week and more consistent pressure throughout the day, had heard the rumour of the combined owner deal, thought both of them had to offload current boats before it went ahead tho

Might be other boats involved but the deal has been done. Boat arrives in late December. Not who you think.

Could the boat be another A40???? And for anyone thats interested Wallop should be back in the lake for the weekend the november the 3rd if the tide is right (stupid shallow channel)

Could the boat be another A40???? And for anyone thats interested Wallop should be back in the lake for the weekend the november the 3rd if the tide is right (stupid shallow channel)

why not make it a grand return and get an airlift in?? agreed about the shitfull shallow channel