Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motorcycle

Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

Maybe Sparkydaho is really Reids good pal, Dr. Carter Emhart???? I beleive this is a pic of the esteemed Dr. from the planetarium, eh?

no, no... didn't you see swan's quote? sparkle balls claims that's me...i'm even on the t-shirt...almost famous just like reid and soanya! sweet!

I'd buy an Elle Elle's thong.

Fixed

Great Word Search Game, JeeP. Each time I look I see another word/phrase.

Yes, SparklyWhore, enlighten us as to how WEid's debt to society was paid since he hasn't been near any banks in a while (unless he found one of Madoff's offshore accounts). I'd really like to know just why he didn't pay the support in the first place. It wasn't for lack of funds since he had plenty of untaxed cash rolling in.

15. Designed, built and sailed a catamaran across the Atlantic.

Did you miss the post Sparky where it was pointed out that Reid did not design the catamaran you refer too?

I cannot begin to tell you how much fun it is to see you post incorrect information ad nauseum. It reveals the simple truth that you have a very limited knowledge of any facts. I suspect that you are either quite young and/or have not had enough experience on the water to post believable insight into any aspect of this thread.

I know, I know, I have never sailed beyond Buzzard's bay. . . That type of repetitive, adolescent name calling calling just further proves my point.

I think (and I could be wrong here), but I think Ivo helped him build the catamaran and the two of them took it to Brazil several times. Wonder why he never mentions those good old days, when he met Ivo and Iris and it was free loving, life was just blowing in the wind......

11. Accomplished most of the above with dedicated volunteership.

Sparky,

"volunteership" is not a real word.

Keep up the outstanding work!

Best of possible regards!

no, no... didn't you see swan's quote? sparkle balls claims that's me...i'm even on the t-shirt...almost famous just like reid and soanya! sweet!

honey, Reid's going to make you famous too, just like regatta-stalker... the two who need LOVE the most will find it, and adulation. Only through being exposed as stalking hating fools who were just "in it" for their own gains... boohoo.

I see where the stalker already has got his own "MISS informative :blink: " blog going so he can attract as much attention to misinformation as he can ~ while leading with his supposed "news break" too bad the press already knows he's DIS-informative.

:lol:

i think the sparkling ho is just creaming her pants over the thought of a matching elle tit thong and tank set...she's in love with me, did you notice?

edit...she's in love with you, too...i think she'd want a dog's balls thong, as well.

no, but I AM going to enjoy seeing the "tiny marbles of the dog and the stiff sillycones of the belly-girl" on a plaque on my mantle!

as for having a CRUSH on either of you??? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ~ NOt bi, and certainly NOT with you two!!!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

whose got the rubber gloves?

sorry for the reality check!

oh, and thanks for the english help, dinghy-boy. For YOU, I promise a sailing lesson someday ~ you tabor bnoys need all the help you can get!

My favorite Sparky "fractured English lesson of the day, so far:

4. All this bean said, You REALLY should review your terms of membership VERY carefully when you continue to ask me any more personal questions. They're not appropriate ~ as another sailor once said "I yam what I yam". And I will be only that which I am here... no more, no less. TRY AND RESIST the urge to stalk me, too, please? It's actually against the law, not only in this form, but electronically, AND in REAL life (which i know none of you knows about because none of you GOTS one.

Sparky,

"volunteership" is not a real word.

Keep up the outstanding work!

Best of possible regards!

15. Designed, built and sailed a catamaran across the Atlantic.

Did you miss the post Sparky where it was pointed out that Reid did not design the catamaran you refer too?

I cannot begin to tell you how much fun it is to see you post incorrect information ad nauseum. It reveals the simple truth that you have a very limited knowledge of any facts. I suspect that you are either quite young and/or have not had enough experience on the water to post believable insight into any aspect of this thread.

I know, I know, I have never sailed beyond Buzzard's bay. . . That type of repetitive, adolescent name calling calling just further proves my point.

Nope, didn't miss the post: but you DID forget to notice that my siggy has changed to reflect your nitpicking. AFTER ALL, sparky DOES remember that only the smartest folks know how much they DON'T always know, and are open to fixing the details. ;)

ASSWOLF said:

Yes, SparklyWhore, enlighten us as to how WEid's debt to society was paid since he hasn't been near any banks in a while (unless he found one of Madoff's offshore accounts). I'd really like to know just why he didn't pay the support in the first place. It wasn't for lack of funds since he had plenty of untaxed cash rolling in.

more intrigue :unsure: folks, he's ALWAYS trying to do the best he can, as he can, when he can, to help you through your day! If you don't believe me, keep reading the blog. I know you do! everyday ~ keep lovin it! (and thinkin you hate it) love will rule your day, as it should.

"Love, love, love ~ it's all you need!"

wife always pays the tab,man said:

I think (and I could be wrong here), but I think Ivo helped him build the catamaran and the two of them took it to Brazil several times. Wonder why he never mentions those good old days, when he met Ivo and Iris and it was free loving, life was just blowing in the wind......

If he never mentioned them, how would you KNOW about them? :unsure:

A little humor for Sparky

Illiterate_club.JPG

Excuse me, can you tell me how to get to the illiterate club?

Now that's truly almost funny! and it warms my ho's heart that it's just for ME... oooh! thank you!

DUH, I thought I found that here! ayer all you guys read the blog everyday, and can't get the facts str8.

as one can only fight fire with fire, and ire with ire, one can only communicate with the illiterate idiots illiterately.

(is that not a word too, buzzard's-bay dinghy-boy? PLEASE keep your DICK-tionary close at hand! you NEED something ELSE to do with your day!)

Sorry I have to keep the gloves(mittons) on here when I type for you guys, otherwise, I might hurt you!

love is all you need, folks. try and find some, somewhere, somehow. Seems if Reid is bringing it to you, he's definitely winning your stupid petty hearts in your stupid petty battles.

Try to find peace!

love,

sparkydaHOuseWHIP

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: sparkydaHO.

· View this post

· Un-ignore sparkydaHO

oh look... our stalker is back!! she sure must love us...need us...lmfao!! just can't stay away can you old girl?

· View this post

· Un-ignore sparkydaHO

oh look... our stalker is back!! she sure must love us...need us...lmfao!! just can't stay away can you old girl?

good for you, bellie da bayatch... the world will learn to ignore YOU too stalker cunt!!

(and that word' ok, when it's just one chick to anotha)

· View this post

· Un-ignore sparkydaHO

you love us...you need us.

· View this post

· Un-ignore sparkydaHO

Are yhou speaking of "us" as SA collectively, or just you and the twins?

· View this post

· Un-ignore sparkydaHO

Are yhou speaking of "us" as SA collectively, or just you and the twins?

sa...

sparkle ho is so in love with sa that she spends hours trying to get our attention...hours and hours with big fonts and pretty colors...she sure must think our opinion is important. she needs us.

I don't believe it is a she.....

it calls itself a she...who am i to argue?

good for you, bellie da bayatch... the world will learn to ignore YOU too stalker cunt!!

(and that word' ok, when it's just one chick to anotha)

LMFAO!!!!!! i win i win...the shortest post out of the stupid hag!!!! whoo hooo!

I've seen you argue with the best of them :lol:

I've seen you argue with the best of them :lol:

yeah...but sparkydaHO ain't the best of 'em by a long shot. ;)

Hi Elle - I heard you were selling your thongs... Can I get a picture of what I would be buying? ;)

:lol:

Lake Effect Sand Storm Slams New York City

Live Doppler Radar Proves Unreliable

By CScow Associated Press

January 4, 2009. New York, NY

Updated: 5 minutes ago

Winter storms packing whale force winds dumped 21 inches of sand on New York City, the first such lake-effect storm since the Great Lakes became dry land.

This is believed to be the first world record occurance of lake effects generating sand rather than rain, sleet, snow, Belgian Tripel, or similar water based precipitation. As recently as last Tuesday, frigid Canadian air was known to swoop down across warmer Great Lakes, pick up moisture, hold it, and to later relieve itself all over NYC and other East Coast areas.

The storm caught even the most qualified boat-building meteorologists off guard, as most ignore Good News Broadcasts and thus missed a Wednesday GNB appearance by "Sparky", renowned astro-geographer and dugout canoe architect for Hudson Deepwater Pier Oceanographic Institute, who first described lack of water in the Great Lakes.

"Good News viewers clearly dropped the ball on this one", said Meteorologist and Tall Ship builder Will Evans of WABC-TV, speaking off the world record. "All three of them could have stepped up and called our news hotline, tipping us off to changes in Great Lakes composition. They didn't. And we are going to report why they didn't in just a few moments, after Phil tells us he will be covering sports highlights, after important words from our sponsors, which are coming up next".

"Coming up a bit later in this interview", Mr. Evans continued, "our Live Doppler Radar failed to display the massive wall of lake-effect sand swooping down on the city with the force of ten 60 foot bondo schooners, such as those designed and built by Sparky, renowned linguist and oil tanker mogul".

"If you look at last Tuesday's forecast, for instance, you will notice Live Doppler usually reports bands of red, yellow, azure, etc. to indicate various levels and intensities of moisture. Compare that to today's earlier Doppler images. Check it out, dude. Kinda reminds you of the Partridge Family bus or dropping acid, doesn't it? Anyway, just prior to the storm reaching NYC, all those colors swirled together in mystical fashion, eventually combining and forming solid black void. That's the Truth, man! Honest! The whole damned screen was void".

"What could we possibly do to fix that void, in just a few moments, after Darlene reported today's Health Beat news, other than call our renowned aircraft carrier architect and day laborer friend, Sparky, to get his ass over here and fix it? Well, I will be telling you what else we should have done in just a few moments. First, Phil is joining us now with today's sports highlights.....So Phil, how about those Redwings!?!?!? Did you see them kick Chicago's ass the other day?!?!!! Holy cow, what a game!!!"

Schools, churches, web sites, and PayPal accounts were closed, as city workers rushed to salt sandy streets and dodge any skyscrapers or overpasses that might attempt to collide with them. Streets and Sprout Sanitation supervisor "Sparky", speaking on the condition of copyright parody infringement, remarked "Too bad all this stuff ain't crack. Sniff. Or crank. Sniff. Or dust...the Angel kind, not sand. Sniff sniff. We're running low on provisions back at the office. Sniff. Sand? Shit. In the hierarchy of Nature and Truth, this shit is all stems and seeds. We're gonna be out here plowing sand all night, free, for only $10 an hour. Probably gonna miss my favorite game show tonight and my gimbled platform yoga routine in the morning too, which really pops my fuse".

Mayor Bloomberg and Senator Clinton remain in Chicago, negotiating possible consolidation of parallel OHare and LaGuardia airport runways, and could not be reached for comment.

Wow, who is that crazy ass cunt?

Other than a crazy ass cunt with mis/disinformation?

Wow, who is that crazy ass cunt?

Other than a crazy ass cunt with mis/disinformation?

don't know....but i'd wager someone around here does...

my guesses are:

some internet stalker in love with sa who hangs on our every word and can't live without our attention?

rabid reid friend/fan extraordinaire? with friends like this...well you know the saying...

or 1000day representative...wowza! can you imagine having that one in charge of your PR?

day622adj.jpg

"Day 622 - January 3, 2009

Wind W 30 to 40 knots, Course SE, Speed 2 to 4 knots, Position 47*58s by 97*04 w

Long Gale Repairs

At dawn yesterday I saw that the staysail had fallen down and damaged itself flogging. I found that the mast top block had exploded, so I had to climb the mast to change the block and rove the halyard again. I always have a safety cord attached when I climb the mast. I said "Hello" to a big white albatross that swooped close by the mast top; And then much to my dismay I noticed that one of the arms of the gaffjaw was broken, so I had to lower the foresail. In these gale conditions the only sail that I could put up was the newly made double-thick storm staysail. It set well and got us going downwind again, but is not big enough to give us much speed. I also had a hard time keeping us on course until I sheeted the sail straight to the middle of the boat.

In the photo you can see the gaff jaws on the floor of the pilothouse. It is 17 feet long and it was quite a tricky job for me to slide inside in the big waves. I had to do it so it would be warm and dry for the epoxy repair. It is also convenient to work on between the two tool boxes. I have had the wood fire burning all day.

The sprouts have slowed down and I have put on more layers of clothes. It has suddenly gotten cold and I get wet every time I go out, and I have my damp clothes, gloves, rags and foul weather gear drying by the fire. Outside it is sunny with intermittent squalls and I hear the wind howling and the rumble of breaking waves. It is cozy inside and comfortable, but it's a bouncy ride. Now and then a big wave will rock or slam the boat, so I have to have everything secured and be ready to hang on in a split second. I will get things repaired in the next day or so, set more sail and pick up speed."

:blink: let's see...all the shit's breaking (wake up to fine it that way???? :blink: ) big waves, bouncy ride, rocking and slamming...i know...lets add epoxy and light a fire! brilliant...how is it that this man is not universally recognized as the greatest sailor in the world????

Having done a bit of schooner sailing (I know Sparky will chime in with his Pavlovian spew here) I would be worried about not having the use of the foresail. A deeply reefed foresail and staysail is a snug rig in heavy stuff. I know this is armchair quarterback talk, but I would try anything to be able to get sail on the foremast even a storm trysail.

But Reid needn't be worried for Sparky has declared the Anne well-found and well maintained. So maybe he is just imagining things.

Having done a bit of schooner sailing (I know Sparky will chime in with his Pavlovian spew here) I would be worried about not having the use of the foresail. A deeply reefed foresail and staysail is a snug rig in heavy stuff. I know this is armchair quarterback talk, but I would try anything to be able to get sail on the foremast even a storm trysail.

But Reid needn't be worried for Sparky has declared the Anne well-found and well maintained. So maybe he is just imagining things.

No worries. The scow had been surveyed just before leaving port by Stevie Wonder who declared that he could see nothing amiss.

No worries. The scow had been surveyed just before leaving port by Stevie Wonder who declared that he could see nothing amiss.

And that guy's no stranger to Steinway plank construction.

At dawn yesterday I saw that the staysail had fallen down and damaged itself flogging. I found that the mast top block had exploded...I noticed that one of the arms of the gaffjaw was broken...

He must be a pretty sound sleeper with all that failing and flailing going on topside. If 30-40 knots is doing that kind of damage, things may get much worse for him. He says he's only doing 4 knots in that kind of breeze. That will make for an extended period in the southern latitudes and increase his chances of seeing some real wind and seas. I have my fingers crossed and hope he can manage a safe rounding.

According to Born2Sail's excellent tracking, he isn't even making 4 knots, more like 2 or so. With 1150 nautical miles to the Cape, he is in for rougher colder weather for quite a while.

post-1032-1231087824_thumb.png

I'm certain the Hovian Nation is unwilling to accept the notion that all SA hopes the Cheese scow makes it around the Horn. He is ill prepared and a few bushel fulls of the astounding luck he has had so far will be necessary. After drifting for so long many of the scow's weaknesses will be revealed as they were in the last post. I hope he has the sense to seek shelter or aid before it gets way beyond his control. No time for man massages now.

Deja Vu?

TheRoute.jpg

Notice the dates...

But he is still 450 miles north from Ken Barne's position when he was dismasted.

Even though he had no choice, I'll give him props for climbing a 40-ft mast in that wind. He doesn't have Soybean to winch him up and down any more...

3167538848_aff05f596f.jpg

Yeah, Reid will climb that mast! He's the man! Someone's got to do it...hmmmm I guess it's going to be....Reid this time! Now you guys are picking on spelling. You guys are really reaching now. Face it Reid is already one of the alltime sailors. That's all time not modern time. He's proving it everyday.

mail call! neutering the dogface part 38 of a cunt. series

and...

ooooooh! :blink: and how bold is "ice tits" when she closes her eyes and doesn't read the response... priceless!

Wreck: I don't believe it is a she.....

Stalkyr said: Either way, it is an idiot.

ooooh, once again, regatta stalker proves his great "wit" and mettle....

either way, YOU'RE A STALKER.

i think the sign you carry today with your tights should read:

"1000 days to find me a life": full story on my "blogsite"

bellie who wants to doff her balls said:

1. sa...

sparkle ho is so in love with sa that she spends hours trying to get our attention...hours and hours with big fonts and pretty colors...she sure must think our opinion is important. she needs us

2. it calls itself a she...who am i to argue?

3. LMFAO!!!!!! i win i win...the shortest post out of the stupid hag!!!! whoo hooo!

4. yeah...but sparkydaHO ain't the best of 'em by a long shot. ;)

5. don't know....but i'd wager someone around here does...

my guesses are:

some internet stalker in love with sa who hangs on our every word and can't live without our attention?

rabid reid friend/fan extraordinaire? with friends like this...well you know the saying...

or 1000day representative...wowza! can you imagine having that one in charge of your PR?

6. let's see...all the shit's breaking (wake up to fine it that way???? ) big waves, bouncy ride, rocking and slamming...i know...lets add epoxy and light a fire! brilliant...how is it that this man is not universally recognized as the greatest sailor in the world????

yes, bayatch, that's what happens to a boat when you get it out of the harbor in old lyme or wherever your wife has your boat registered, and actually take it OUT in the deepsea.

But you wouldn't know that, would ya?

And yes, the boat's been inspected since 1992, which is better than SOME of the other wannabestalkers here. ;)

why does 1000D need PR when you trolls are doing it all for them? By creating such nonsense that people will HVE to go to the wbsite for the right information... trolls? indeed!

"some internet stalker in love with sa who hangs on our every word":

hmmm, let's see, why not replace "SA" with 1000 days, and you get the reason I am even in a forum like this, bimbo!

whew! you SLAY me, honey ~ think much? go rub your silly-cones.

"Real girls"?? Yes, with tit's like those, were ALL glad you're shavin your chest, bayatch. :lol:

billy the syncopants said (again repeated after someone else said the very same thing)

I don't believe you've gotten close enough to any 'she" to KNOW the real difference.

I am beginning to think you folks just can't think good :lol: . Even the moderator here (the one who trolls here everyday as regatta dawg) FINALLY learned how to hack into my account and change my signature.

Fun? nol this place ain't fun: Informative? no? truthful? no

obsessive, vindictive and filled with stalkers whose wives own their house and boat and pay all the bills while they sit here pissing their chair and drooling all day while pretending to have a "good job"? YES

Oh, and sorry for the run-on sentence, dinghy-boy.

once, again, GOT a life ~

ciao!

love

sparkydaWHIP

and since you folks don't want to read the facts, here they are again: (and again, for those of you who DO read signatures)

TOP TEN THINGS S.A.SSWIPES CONTINUALLY GET WRONG ABOUT 1000 DAYS:

1. That the 1000 days boat was NOT, in fact, hit by a cargo freighter.

2. That somehow when Soanya departed, it meant that he "stopped" or "ported" or "resupplied".

3. That the Schooner Anne is leaking.

4. That the Schoner Anne is not sturdy enough to last 1000 days.

5. That the Schooner Anne is not well-kept.

6. That Reid Stowe has been able to see land more than once in 600+ days. (see metocean tracking)

7. That the ship has not made good forward speed.

8. That there are an abnormal amount of barnacles on the hull.

9. That you, the people who have frequented this site for more than 600 days are NOT somehow unhealthfully obsessed with 1000 days.

10. That you people aren't somehow in LOVE with Reid Stowe and 1000 days ~ you stalk the parties and people, and read the website avidly everyday!

CONGRATS! why dorothy ~ it's YOU who is da ho-vians! wake UP n rub your sprouts-n-icetits!

Yeah, Reid will climb that mast! He's the man! Someone's got to do it...hmmmm I guess it's going to be....Reid this time! Now you guys are picking on spelling. You guys are really reaching now. Face it Reid is already one of the alltime sailors. That's all time not modern time. He's proving it everyday.

don't be foolish.

read this

do you know who ellen mcarthur is? read this

do you know how much money her trust has raised?...not for herself but for others less fortunate, unlike your hero reid who's sole reason for scamming donations is to support himself and pay his debts.

· View this post

· Un-ignore sparkydaHO

oh lookie....the crazy ass cunt is back...

It is a good thing Anne has been so lovingly and expertly maintained in Bristol condition, the next month or so will be difficult on both vessel and cheesemonaut. Not like you can just whistle up a tugger and tag a few lines around the Cape while singing Kumbaya and eating sprout love salads.

· View this post

· Un-ignore sparkydaHO

Odd how both Sparkyho and SS showed up at the same time.

It is a good thing Anne has been so lovingly and expertly maintained in Bristol condition, the next month or so will be difficult on both vessel and cheesemonaut. Not like you can just whistle up a tugger and tag a few lines around the Cape while singing Kumbaya and eating sprout love salads.

Especially when the sprouts aren't growing.

· View this post

· Un-ignore sparkydaHO

Odd how both Sparkyho and SS showed up at the same time.

what a strange coincidence....

Hey Sparky, can you confirm that the goal is still 1000 days at sea? One of my sources, who I am very confident is in the know, says Reid has already made it known to certain insiders that he is planning on coming home the beginning of this summer after he feels he is able to claim a couple of records. If he does come back early, it will be yet another glaring failure to accomplish what he set out to do. Any truth to this?

I look forward to your comments.

I am beginning to think you folks just can't think good :lol: . Even the moderator here (the one who trolls here everyday as regatta dawg) FINALLY learned how to hack into my account and change my signature.

Nice try. There are no moderators here. It is called anarchy for a reason, Einstein. Even if I had the knowledge and ability to do such a thing, I wouldn't fuck with Ed and Dawg. They're probably just trying to reduce the excessive bandwidth required by your silly rantings.

Idiot.

Sparky, thank you for giving us the attention we so desperately need and what made you suddenly decide to bear the cross for your Lord and master?

It will be a miracle if the failing and poorly maintained vessel makes it around the Cape in one piece. I wish him luck, and he's gonna need it. But as Jon Sanders said, he will break no records of any import, and should not be compared to real sailors and adventurers. He is merely a self-absorbed nutjob on a fools erranc.

You know personally I think Reid has done extremely well. I wasn't sure at first how long he was going to make it but now he's gone beyond my expectations. In my opinion anything he does from here on out is on bonus time. It's been great entertainment for a lot of people for nearly two years. Reid is on his own program and I respect that. If we all did what others want and some expect we would all very similar and what a boring ass world that would be. Live and let live. He's kicking ass and so is Sparky. I mean you guys have to reach for straws to insult the spelling and grammar. I for one don't spell check cause I could care less what you guys think about my grammar and spelling.

Reid is kicking some serious ass!

s;ightly salty, you have quite obviously not had any experience in offshore sailing and/or proper boat maintenance. For, if you had, you would recognize what a fool your hero truly is.

Hey Sparky, can you confirm that the goal is still 1000 days at sea? One of my sources, who I am very confident is in the know, says Reid has already made it known to certain insiders that he is planning on coming home the beginning of this summer after he feels he is able to claim a couple of records. If he does come back early, it will be yet another glaring failure to accomplish what he set out to do. Any truth to this?

I look forward to your comments.

And Soanya had mentioned him going longer than 1000 days and waiting until Summer 2010. Sounds to me like his primary concern is nice weather for the throngs of fans that will line the shores for his triumphant return.

Sparky, under your avatar it reads "up your butt with a strap-on"

Is this..............

A - Something you do a lot?

B - Something that is done to you a lot?

C - You're the proud owner of a double long strap-on and you go fuck yourself.

You know personally I think Reid has done extremely well. I wasn't sure at first how long he was going to make it but now he's gone beyond my expectations. In my opinion anything he does from here on out is on bonus time. It's been great entertainment for a lot of people for nearly two years. Reid is on his own program and I respect that. If we all did what others want and some expect we would all very similar and what a boring ass world that would be. Live and let live. He's kicking ass and so is Sparky. I mean you guys have to reach for straws to insult the spelling and grammar. I for one don't spell check cause I could care less what you guys think about my grammar and spelling.

sparks is taking a beating just like her hero, weid. they're both TFR but the way sparks gets all wound up is quite entertaining while watching weid is a little creepy, like i might be unknowingly watching a snuff flick.

thanks for the comic relief sparkles;)

broken_record.jpg

Yawn

looking at his lat and long it looks like his long term plan was to drop into the vendee fleet, get a podium and hope the finish is in Biscay fog so they don't spot the small dissimilaraties between his floating fire hazard and an IMOCA 60....

hey salty, have you ever heard of joshua slocum? did you know his wife sailed with him for 13 yrs and gave birth to 7 children at sea? that kicks ass.

Based on Sparkly's criteria for posting opinions, you really are in no position to comment. I would think that as a supporter of Reid you would be more respectful of the rules set down by the Hoviot alpha dog.

You ever been on a boat? Ever have a ham sandwich on a boat? You joined just over a year ago and have no other input on SA than to this TFR thread. If you have no boating experience and you are a friend or Reid's, I commend you for your support of him.

hey salty, have you ever heard of joshua slocum? did you know his wife sailed with him for 13 yrs and gave birth to 7 children at sea? that kicks ass.

I guess his wife really knows the answer to the question; Whats more important the size of the ship or the motion of the ocean?

NotClose.jpg

Plus he could keep his fedora on his head in a gale, now that kicks ass!

Tripped over the Stowe family crest at House of Names (Link) (not VH). The Stowe family crest has only the following verbiage - "The Ancient Arms of Stowe". :lol: No wonder Jesus and Buddah are working over time!

Check the link above to see the crest.

Tripped over the Stowe family crest at House of Names (Link) (not VH). The Stowe family crest has only the following verbiage - "The Ancient Arms of Stowe". :lol: No wonder Jesus and Buddah are working over time!

Great link RD, I was able to dig a bit further and found the Coat of Arms that is indeed inscribed with the Stowe family motto:

coat.jpg

Oh Sparky, your teachings and love have shown me the light and the LUURRV. Oh Sear, Prophet and knower of the Guru of LOVE, I know that my journey has just begun and I must start with tagging a line on a tugger when porting. I now realise that I never really left the safe confines of Moreton Bay and must untag my lines and be set adrift on the sea of love. It is time to cast aside the reidiculous and reidefine ones self.

To help my fellow travellers find the path.

FEEL THE LURV

Great link RD, I was able to dig a bit further and found the Coat of Arms that is indeed inscribed with the Stowe family motto:

coat.jpg

Well played Tabman. Did they teach Lingua Latina at Tabor, or did you pick that up racing IC's against those brainiacs from UMass Dartmouth? ;)

I guess his wife really knows the answer to the question; Whats more important the size of the ship or the motion of the ocean?

that was his first wife...his second only lasted about a year at sea...like soanya.

Another great post from the past that's worth repeating. And gee, doesn't "Oberon" sound just so much like our Sparky?

Why are you so jealous of this couple breaking away together? Why does this offend your manhood that he can do it, while all you can do is cast aspersions? The only insane frauds I have found are the few sad, angry people like you who sit around casting hate at those who achieve in life. Do you have a woman? Can you sail? Why not try both and then write back to us about your experiences, at stop spitting at others. It is not too late.

Oberon

Re-read Daniel Hansen's excellent post. The criticisms in the forum are valid, and not motivated by jealousy.

Fundamentally, by all his publicity your guy is trying to access (for money or vanity) the goodwill that the public generally gives ocean sailors and adventurers. He doesn't deserve it. People in this forum have a valid interest in protecting this valuable resource (some livelihoods depend on it) and are in effect reacting to a form of theft or fraud.

In contrast, look at the tremendous respect and admiration SA always give to those who do deserve it - from mini-sailors to volvo ocean teams. If we were jealous of success or adventure, why would we not criticize them? In fact, we cheer them on.

Less fundamentally, Reid's program has a lot of weird and salacious details about it. Anyone that would push themselves in the limelight with this kind of baggage should prepared to be mocked mercilessly, generally by pretty normal people who like a joke or a funny story. This is not some aberration of this community - your guy is totally tabloid material, which is where this story will likely end up.

You should also read about Crowhurst. There are obvious parallels to Reid here. But there is another figure in that story - a cheesy publicity promoter from Teignmouth who kept feeding the media positive stories for his own purposes while Crowhurst went mad. He likely knew that Crowhurst was unstable and ill-prepared from the start, but encouraged it all for the off-chance that (if a miracle happened) he would would benefit hugely from Crowhurst's success, but with no risk of drowning himself. Not exactly admirable.

You should ask yourself: is this what you are doing? Are you waiting for a miracle? If this ends badly, for two people, do you think you might bear some responsibility?

If you are a true friend of Reid, tell him to stop or at least be cautious. I've seen the boat many times when it was in NYC - I can't imagine anything less prepared to go into the Southern Ocean. Thier own physical strength is obviously diminished through poor diet - this can also lead to (even more?) impaired judgement. If he won't stop, tell him to just bob around in the South Atlantic, maybe close to land.

I really hope this has a comic and not tragic ending.

Another great post from the past that's worth repeating. And gee, doesn't "Oberon" sound just so much like our Sparky?

Why are you so jealous of this couple breaking away together? Why does this offend your manhood that he can do it, while all you can do is cast aspersions? The only insane frauds I have found are the few sad, angry people like you who sit around casting hate at those who achieve in life. Do you have a woman? Can you sail? Why not try both and then write back to us about your experiences, at stop spitting at others. It is not too late.

Oberon

Re-read Daniel Hansen's excellent post. The criticisms in the forum are valid, and not motivated by jealousy.

Fundamentally, by all his publicity your guy is trying to access (for money or vanity) the goodwill that the public generally gives ocean sailors and adventurers. He doesn't deserve it. People in this forum have a valid interest in protecting this valuable resource (some livelihoods depend on it) and are in effect reacting to a form of theft or fraud.

In contrast, look at the tremendous respect and admiration SA always give to those who do deserve it - from mini-sailors to volvo ocean teams. If we were jealous of success or adventure, why would we not criticize them? In fact, we cheer them on.

Less fundamentally, Reid's program has a lot of weird and salacious details about it. Anyone that would push themselves in the limelight with this kind of baggage should prepared to be mocked mercilessly, generally by pretty normal people who like a joke or a funny story. This is not some aberration of this community - your guy is totally tabloid material, which is where this story will likely end up.

You should also read about Crowhurst. There are obvious parallels to Reid here. But there is another figure in that story - a cheesy publicity promoter from Teignmouth who kept feeding the media positive stories for his own purposes while Crowhurst went mad. He likely knew that Crowhurst was unstable and ill-prepared from the start, but encouraged it all for the off-chance that (if a miracle happened) he would would benefit hugely from Crowhurst's success, but with no risk of drowning himself. Not exactly admirable.

You should ask yourself: is this what you are doing? Are you waiting for a miracle? If this ends badly, for two people, do you think you might bear some responsibility?

If you are a true friend of Reid, tell him to stop or at least be cautious. I've seen the boat many times when it was in NYC - I can't imagine anything less prepared to go into the Southern Ocean. Thier own physical strength is obviously diminished through poor diet - this can also lead to (even more?) impaired judgement. If he won't stop, tell him to just bob around in the South Atlantic, maybe close to land.

I really hope this has a comic and not tragic ending.

please read and reread the bolded section of the post above, salty. have you ever heard of bruce schwab?

watch this...watch it all the way to the end

not void ho! i swear

bruce schwab kicks ass...reid, not so much.

Scow has been headed due east for a little while probably because he's can only drift with the westerly. Some SW breeze coming in soon so he better get some sail up and be able to make some southing before that lee continent starts getting a little too close.

If he Maydays soon and Sam Davies is asked to divert for a rescue I'm going to be pissed.

Careful Weedo, the sprouts are not happy. Could be an omen.

Scow has been headed due east for a little while probably because he's can only drift with the westerly. Some SW breeze coming in soon so he better get some sail up and be able to make some southing before that lee continent starts getting a little too close.

If he Maydays soon and Sam Davies is asked to divert for a rescue I'm going to be pissed.

sprout-evil.gif

The following notes are from todays Vendee posts. Since WEid's sprouts aren't doing too good, perhaps he can take a lesson:

Weed in the cockpit

"Incredible! I knew Moitessier grew lentils or peas, to get his supply of vitamin C to ward off scurvy, and that others are seaweed to fight against boredom. I've seen weed growing on the transoms of boats where the water can be stagnant. But this is a first, there's weed in the cockpit on the floor. I can't tell you what kind or variety, but it's definitely not paint or dirt. It just shows that we're in the wet all the time and it never dries off. I'm going to call in the surgeon to fit me out with gills considering the circumstances. But meanwhile this is going to have to dry out. If all goes well it will be a question of hours now..."

Michel Desjoyeaux (Foncia) in his daily message

If this were on the Anne, WEid might try to smoke it.

<EDIT> That's one scary sprout, Tab!

that does kick ass. But so does Reid.

Manic Depressive Understands Great Lakes Drivel, Finds It Funny

By CScow Associated Press

January 4, 2009. Niagra Falls, New Mexico

Updated: 23 minutes ago

Long time manic depressive Ozzie Smith shed elated tears of grief Sunday, upon figuring out Great Lakes drivel and finding it rather funny.

"Took me 1000 days to do my homework, figure out the Great Lakes still had water, and complete construction of my personally designed 300 foot hybrid O'Day Hoby Cat swamp boat. But once I cried past that dark painful detail of my life, I laughed hysterically, closed the curtains, unplugged the phone, and went to bed for three weeks. Sure, I was sad at first, spending 1000 days going nowhere. But now I finally understand Great Lakes drivel, and am simply ecstatic about it. Haven't felt this great since the last time I drank a Belgian Tripel and played Shuffleboard", said Smith.

Smith's positive outcome is fortunate, according to Dr. Libby Scoots, tagged pyschoanalyst and tugger bilge pump rebuilder at Bellevue Hospital, New York.

"Some people never really do figure out drivel, or humor for that matter. Not even the part about the Redwings traveling all the way from Detroit to Chicago, on a 737, without actually lifting off Mayor Daley's latest Ohare runway extension. Completely escapes them. So instead of laughing, these individuals resort to sitting on piers, hallucinating boats they never designed or built, seas they never sailed....pretty much just watching life, Hudson turds, and Team Gitana boats float on by. And mostly doing massive quantities of crack, proclaiming massive bodies of water are solid dry land, that sort of thing. We see such future patients all the time here at Bellevue. True, it is clinically manic when they say ignorant things, but mostly it's depressive. Mr. Smith is fortunate and certainly has reason to celebrate, having completed his drivel therapy. The entire staff here hopes he will now take time out to relax, sell some art, get a wage earning job, pay his hospital tab, and enjoy that new boat he designed and built, with materials he produced from a new Walgreen's construction site across town, next to the Steinway factory".

Renowned jet ski rental agent and independent pharmaceutical researcher "Sparky", of the Hudson Deepwater Pier Oceanographic Institute, firmly disagrees with both Smith and Dr. Scoots. "What the hell are those laughing asshole scum dirt bag haters talking about? Look at me! I don't understand Great Lakes drivel at all, and I'm not the least manic depressive. Besides, as I reported the other day on Good News Broadcast, the Great Lakes are bone dry. Smith needs to do his homework. And design and build his own boat. And have a life like I do, maybe get out and attend a 10 minute movie. Unqualified assholes.".

Psychiatrist Sigmund Freud, a specialist in repressed $10 free association sexual dream hysteria, died in 1939 and could not be reached for comment.

Based on Sparkly's criteria for posting opinions, you really are in no position to comment. I would think that as a supporter of Reid you would be more respectful of the rules set down by the Hoviot alpha dog.

You ever been on a boat? Ever have a ham sandwich on a boat? You joined just over a year ago and have no other input on SA than to this TFR thread. If you have no boating experience and you are a friend or Reid's, I commend you for your support of him.

this is really one of the only threads worth commenting on. It has quite a history and attendance record. I have a lot of boat experience including off shore and wood boat maintanence. Reid is kicking ass!

He made a loop to the west and is now headed NE. Looking for calmer conditions or just no control of his course without the foresail up? I am concerned, he needs to get south and away from the hard area to the east.

Can you imagine wrestling that 17 ft gaff down and off the mast and inside the boat, and making th repairs all by yourself! That's a lot of work. Then you got to put it back up. How can anyone say that he is anything less than one of the worlds premier sailors right now.

Can you imagine wrestling that 17 ft gaff down and off the mast and inside the boat, and making th repairs all by yourself! That's a lot of work. Then you got to put it back up. How can anyone say that he is anything less than one of the worlds premier sailors right now.

I am sure moving a 17 ft gaff around is not a lot of fun, but check this out:

http://www.vendeeglobe.org/en/magazines/79...chievement.html

Yeah, putting together a carbon fiber mast from broken pieces for an Open 60, and restepping it alone and completing a race around the world is something anyone can do! There are lots of heroes in the world. At this point Reid has not done anything spectacular.

Salty - I was curious how many drinks it takes before you morph into Sparky?

Just because I am curious, would you want to be out there with this "premier sailor" right now? I didn't think so.

Slightly Sodium Chloride,

You have one thing correct. He failed to do necessary work before leaving the dock, when he had relatively favorable access to tools, power, expert advice, assistance, etc. Now he is doing that work alone, in a much more difficult environment, facing diminishing odds he or Anne will survive. All for some childish notion he could avoid growing up forever, and perhaps even set Sailorman records in that or equally pointless categories.

Credit Weed with being a premier survivalist if you must. Hopefully he his...he's gonna need to be, just to get Anne under his approximate control. But spare us the premier Sailorman cheerleading crap. MC loves it, and probably passes on to Weed that the home team is cheering for him. But at present, that is not terribly far from yelling at the suicidal guy standing on the high-rise roof to jump. If you know much about big heavy schooners, in any condition (certainly Anne's, certainly in heavy weather), you already know that.

Good sailors avoid problems in the first place, or eventually face certain realities of life in the second....preferably while there are still alternative outcomes.

You have one thing correct. He failed to do necessary work before leaving the dock, when he had relatively favorable access to tools, power, expert advice, assistance, etc. Now he is doing that work alone, in a much more difficult environment, facing diminishing odds he or Anne will survive. All for some childish notion he could avoid growing up forever, and perhaps even set Sailorman records in that or equally pointless categories.

Credit Weed with being a premier survivalist if you must. Hopefully he his...he's gonna need to be, just to get Anne under his approximate control. But spare us the premier Sailorman cheerleading crap. MC loves it, and probably passes on to Weed that the home team is cheering for him. But at present, that is not terribly far from yelling at the suicidal guy standing on the high-rise roof to jump. If you know much about big heavy schooners, in any condition (certainly Anne's, certainly in heavy weather), you already know that.

Good sailors avoid problems in the first place, or eventually face certain realities of life in the second....preferably while there are still alternative outcomes.

slightly sparky is not part of MC at all. Connections to it - yes, but MC - not a chance. If MC were to post (assuming they care about us), they would be asking us to give Reid a break until he is in calmer water. Distractions are the last thing he/they need right now. One thing all of us have noticed is the dedication they have to their friend (which is admirable). No real friend would be doing anything but watching and praying right now. Definitely no friend would be picking a fight at this time.

Slightly shitty is a fake and Sparky is a drunk. It is pretty funny how the two of them are the only clowns here that have not shown any concern for Reid. hmmmm.

He can have Dee, but he better stay the hell away from Sam!

Slightly shitty is a fake and Sparky is a drunk....the two of them are the only clowns here that have not shown any concern for Reid.

Point taken, SeaMad, now that you mention it.

Apologies to MC, if I falsely associated them with Sodium and Cokehead.

Still stand by the premise prior MC cheering never did Weed (much less Soy or Darsh) any favors, but that's secondary at this stage....

the holidays are gone and so is sparkles. have fun back at prep school kid, we'll miss you.(were you able to get into TABOR yet?) come on back if you need any more insight on weidy the high hovian holy father.

pass the kool aid,

pud

post-1557-1231169842_thumb.png

slightly sparky is not part of MC at all. Connections to it - yes, but MC - not a chance. If MC were to post (assuming they care about us), they would be asking us to give Reid a break until he is in calmer water. Distractions are the last thing he/they need right now. One thing all of us have noticed is the dedication they have to their friend (which is admirable). No real friend would be doing anything but watching and praying right now. Definitely no friend would be picking a fight at this time.

Slightly shitty is a fake and Sparky is a drunk. It is pretty funny how the two of them are the only clowns here that have not shown any concern for Reid. hmmmm.

The two of them interact like a two man circle jerk.

Anyone know how fast the Anne can cruise under engine power? Since his sails are in such poor shape, could he be waiting for a window where the winds aren't too high and he could motor around?

Anyone know how fast the Anne can cruise under engine power? Since his sails are in such poor shape, could he be waiting for a window where the winds aren't too high and he could motor around?

Not sure how fast Anne can power, but I'd be concerned about the crap in the fuel tanks that is surely getting stirred up during his "bouncy times" fouling the injectors. Hope he has been good about putting biocide in his diesel.

Not sure how fast Anne can power, but I'd be concerned about the crap in the fuel tanks that is surely getting stirred up during his "bouncy times" fouling the injectors. Hope he has been good about putting biocide in his diesel.

And changing his filters.

Most Diesel Engine Failures Originate In The Fuel Tank

Fuel is an unstable, organic liquid that goes "bad".

Frequently, the application of a biocide aggravates the situation and turns bio-film into solids, creating a real fuel filter nightmare.

The Real Story of Bad Diesel Fuel

http://www.diesel-fuels.com/bad-diesel-fuel.html

Most Diesel Engine Failures Originate In The Fuel Tank

Fuel is an unstable, organic liquid that goes "bad".

Frequently, the application of a biocide aggravates the situation and turns bio-film into solids, creating a real fuel filter nightmare.

The Real Story of Bad Diesel Fuel

http://www.diesel-fuels.com/bad-diesel-fuel.html

I would imagine he hasn't changed his zync, assuming he has one attached. I know he's been starting the engine every couple weeks, but I wonder when he last tried putting it in gear. Could be pretty ugly down there.

RD the Naysayer.

I'm pretty sure it was discussed some time ago (like in the beginning) about how old his fuel was and that he had just topped off when he departed, so sounds like his fuel could be fairly unstable. But WEid knows everything about that boat and I'm sure he has checked the fuel many times and would have mentioned it if he didn't think the fuel was any good. Now would not be a good time for him to try to find out, that's for sure! Besides his knowledge of the Anne, he needs a lot of luck right now.

I would imagine he hasn't changed his zync, assuming he has one attached. I know he's been starting the engine every couple weeks, but I wonder when he last tried putting it in gear. Could be pretty ugly down there.

RD the Naysayer.

oi! can you imagine the barnacle growth on the prop? i know the recent cheerleaders have said he's been scraping every 6 mths, but...well...excuse me if i doubt the validity of that claim...or that he's gone much further down than the water line. i do admit that i don't follow his blog, has he written anything on that in recent memory?