• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

Toilet Anarchy

Caption Contest

Toilet Anarchy

We don't know the details, but apparently this little prank is still on at LAYC, and it seems a good time for a little Caption Contest. Yes, that's a marine toilet mounted on the spreader. This week's contest sponsored by Atlantis Weather Gear. Have fun.

05/22/07

toilet_anarchy.jpg

The girls decided that if they couldn't let it hang out at the stern, then then could at least spread it with the best view.

"The true secret of Luna Rosa's sucess was revealed today in this prototype photo. In order to ensure total concentration by the wind watcher, a head is installed at the spreaders so that he can spend more time up the rig."

Photo courtesy of BMW/Oracle

JM

I hate crewing on that boat. It's like being at work. We just get shit on all day.

It gives new meaning to "Birds eye view"

jibeset

What were the results from the last one of these caption contest thingies, or did they just end up in the spreaders, er, shitter, er, shitter in the speaders?

Run up the Japanese flag!

Japanese flag n. The appearance of the arsehole the morning after a vindaloo curry. As in: 'Christ almighty! I think I'm sitting on a Japanese flag'.

(© Roger's Profanisaurus)

Who knows...... in case of tsunami....... :unsure:

Aaaarrgggg !!!!

I forgot this f....cking paper down again !!!

Someone pass up the toliet paper after the gybe!!! Helloooo!! Damit man who left the empty paper role!! Someone? Hey this is the last time I'm doing the 3am shift! Wake up you lousy.... Hey anyone! Ok thats it if you don't pass up the paper I'm going to wear your foulies next time we go back on watch! Masthead my ass!

Damn it!

That brings an entirely different meaning to the term "Clogged Up."

Talk about a "Floater."

Those aren't skid marks, those are impact craters.

Somebody go up in the rig to look for breeze. Whew. They found it.

Always checking the rig, aren't you, Bumblefuck. Brown-noser.

If you are sailing on that boat, be sure to wear your foulies.

ABYC 55.05.315c: Unless mounted well above the heeled waterline, every marine head shall be fitted with anti-siphon vented loops in both the intake and discharge lines.

This must be a real 4 knot shitbox!

Caption Contest

Toilet Anarchy

We don't know the details, but apparently this little prank is still on at LAYC, and it seems a good time for a little Caption Contest. Yes, that's a marine toilet mounted on the spreader. This week's contest sponsored by Atlantis Weather Gear. Have fun.

05/22/07

"I heard about this new technique, called a mexican drop. I've just eaten three enchiladas and a half-dozen bean burritos, and we're gonna try it today."

Rigger's Union Local 653 Rule 23.1 Reads as follows: Suitable toilet (head) facilities must at all time be located within 35' of workspaces.

Come on all, this one is obvious...I am an ozark hillbilly, and old men here call their wives the "old crow". So the toilet in the rigging is obviously the "Crows Nest".

" I specifically told my broker to locate a Dehler. Not a frickin' KOHLER!".............

Does anyone know if it is possible to interface a Jabsco 15" radome with a Furuno flat screen display?

Where can I find an adapter for a 1 1/2" outflow to an 8 pin input ?

What??? No winner declared? OK,

"Oh, yeah, when you are done, use the baggywrinkle on the spreader tips."

Ok, Bob you can take it down... I found the problem. The new toilet installation instructions say a minimum of 3.5 feet from any kitchen facility.... not 35.

Bruce

Baldricks Cunning Plan