Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian Weslake

God I hate Magnus Wheatley

First Dean Barker was a choker and Wheatley was calling for him to be replaced.

Then Dean Barker was a God when he won the LVC.

Then he thought Alinghi was clearly superior in speed.

Now he thinks Alinghi don't have the expected speed edge and that Baird should be sacked, despite winning race 1 and the cock up in race 2 clearly being a mistake on Butterworth's part.

Then he says that the America's Cup so far has been a "quite dull regatta".

What a wanker!

Does he ever do anything but spout totally unreasoned drivel based on zero first hand knowledge of what's really going on? Does he ever make any informed, intelligent commentry at all?

Fuck off Wheatley, you are a total waste of time as a journalist. Stay in Cowes and stick to whinging about Ellen sailing in the Round the Island race, you're not cut out for the big league.

No argument on that one.

We've all had a go at him over the past few weeks but he clearly doesn't pay any attention and it is particularly frustrtaing considering all the attention he gets.

Now he thinks Alinghi don't have the expected speed edge and that Baird should be sacked, despite winning race 1 and the cock up in race 2 clearly being a mistake on Butterworth's part.

What a wanker!

Does he ever do anything but spout totally unreasoned drivel based on zero first hand knowledge of what's really going on? Does he ever make any informed, intelligent commentry at all?

Fuck off Wheatley, you are a total waste of time as a journalist. Stay in Cowes and stick to whinging about Ellen sailing in the Round the Island race, you're not cut out for the big league.

It's been said before here that Wheatley is a clown and that is true. Still you went to look at his blog. Are you saying you wont read it again? :P

What a wanker!

I bet this is the one thing everyone on this forum agrees with :lol:

I bet this is the one thing everyone on this forum agrees with :lol:

Yet every one keeps going to read his blog. A sort of morbid fascination I guess :lol:

Yet every one keeps going to read his blog. A sort of morbid fascination I guess :lol:

I keep going back to see if he has anything intelligent to say, but am repeatedly dissappointed.

100% agreement here. I have been saying this for ages and nothing changes my mind. Why do I keep reading it? Why do people read the "National Enquirer". Train wreck mentality :lol:

I don't agree actually. I like Magnus and his blog. I don't agree with all of it and think he's capable of much more, but it is what it says - a blog. And you're all still reading it.

What more could he ask for?

I don't agree actually. I like Magnus and his blog. I don't agree with all of it and think he's capable of much more, but it is what it says - a blog. And you're all still reading it.

Most blogs have an option for replying to each opinion piece. I notice that Angus has disabled this feature on his blog, probably because he would get so many people ripping into his poorly reasoned diatribes.

I'd be more inclined to read it if some of it was factual, but the stories he has done that I have had some background knowledge about have been complete fabrications. As to his slagging off Dean Barker, it now looks to be completely unjustified. His criticism of Baird is equally unfounded, but Wheatley has now put himself in the position that he has called for the sacking of both helmsmen in the America's Cup final. No matter what happens, one of them is going to win and Wheatley will look like a dill. Well, more of a dill than normal.

Sorry but with a name like MAGNUS what did you expect..?? LOL

Quote "Magnus Wheatley

Not afraid to say what he thinks, the youngest member of our reporting team certainly sets the cat amongst the pigeons on occasions. Magnus will be covering the 49er, 470 and Mistrals during the games. So what is his frank assessment of the medal hopefuls? Magnus is Magnus...!

I read his blog, but I like reading stupid rumors to see if they come true. I've also commented on his sudden turns of support from ETNZ, to who ever ETNZ is racing, and then back to ETNZ. He must be a big fan of John Kerry :lol: One picture I did take interest is the one provided below. It's of some Cup in the UK I believe, but what struck me was the name at the bottom for 2000. Could that be the same M. Wheatley that runs rule69? Shameless plug?? I suppose he has sailing cred. At least I hope he does to explain all the sponsorship on his site. In the end though, opinion's are fine but be consistent. Take me for instance. I'm an idiot but at least I've been consistent :P

i826278_theotherCup.jpg

WetHog :ph34r:

It's of some Cup in the UK I believe, but what struck me was the name at the bottom for 2000. Could that be the same M. Wheatley that runs rule69?

Well spotted hoggie. Must be why Wheatley seems to think the Round the Island Race is up there in importance with the Volvo and the AC.

The round the island race is a handicap start where every man and his dog (about 1800 boats this year) sail around the Isle of Wight, trying to avoid getting caught by a tide change at the Needles lighthouse and trying not to run aground on the various reefs and banks. Takes all day and is pretty much a raffle. Last time I did it the skipper forgot the sandwiches and beers. Bummer.

What the fuck is a Magnus Wheatley?