Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian Weslake

It Stinks

Gusmus

Time to retire mate, you are starting to sound like Magnus Wheatley. The "It stinks" piece on the front page is a load of clueless whinging from start to finish.

Sure, the whole AC had an arranged outcome with the complicity of ETNZ, who were happy to play along rather than genuinely try to win the event. And it was all a conspiracy that the Spanish were getting organised to be CoR weeks before the final race.

Mate, that's the way "hip pocket" challenges run, you make preparations based on the assumption that you are going to win, because if you win without having made those preparations you risk a repeat of the whole 1988 fracas.

No conspiracy, just common sense.

Right on Brian! Its time WCW sailed on into the sunset. If S/A paid anymore than than block time in an Opti for his journalism they were ripped off.

The two of you are wrong. Good ole Gus makes this site what it is. We all have off the wall opinions, and writing styles, but would SA be the same without folk like Gus? People make the mistake of labeling Gus as a Journalist. I like to think of him as an Editorial writer, or commentator. He throws in facts, but as he sees him, and his work is enjoyable to read and always good for a laugh. I'm sure if you disagree with his writing, or your country is the subject of his rant, I can understand your bitterness, but he's got skills and it would be a travisty for him to go away. :P

ON the flip side though, it's threads like this that keep Gus coming back with both guns blazing so good on you Mr. Westlake for starting this thread. You just garunteed more Gus for the rest of us to enjoy ;)

WetHog :ph34r: