MarchHare

Hobart Scene

if any one needs a crew on weekends i might not have heaps of experience on keel boats but been sailing dinghies since i was about 10 and am happy to drive down from launceston to go for a sail

i am 25years old 88kg fit and keen to get in to keel boats

will be moving down in the new year

obviously need at least a few days notice so i can organise to drive down

cheers justin

yeah, top night when my 4 year old steered from behind to beat the other mumm to the first mark. Crew reckon they'll take him next time as the helm so I guess I'll be trimming the beers. That would be OK if he could drive me home.

Beer cost $15, entry about $5, but replacing a set of keys including a new remote key for the Honda CRV, made it an expensive night!!!

Till next week

Jeff

if any one needs a crew on weekends i might not have heaps of experience on keel boats but been sailing dinghies since i was about 10 and am happy to drive down from launceston to go for a sail

i am 25years old 88kg fit and keen to get in to keel boats

will be moving down in the new year

obviously need at least a few days notice so i can organise to drive down

cheers justin

Justin, let us know your contact details, we'll find you a boat for sure. Jeff

can be contacted on 0439333091 might not answer the phone straight away as i am gluing up my new sabre so epoxy and phone isnt the best mix

When is the Royal going to sort their shit out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Premier club my arse cant even finish boats in the right division!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is the Royal going to sort their shit out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Premier club my arse cant even finish boats in the right division!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened?

----

Perhaps they should start with teaching their sailors the rules and basic sportsmanship principles?

"Perhaps they should start with teaching their sailors the rules and basic sportsmanship principles?"

I would have thought that teaching skills would have been present and past skippers and crew responsability?

"Perhaps they should start with teaching their sailors the rules and basic sportsmanship principles?"

Have I missed something??? whats all this about

reading between the lines, I think Nutella II is upset about something

just a pointless rant, nothing to do with N 2 (???)

The royals just seems to be a discourteous wanker magnet of a place.

just a pointless rant, nothing to do with N 2 (???)

The royals just seems to be a discourteous wanker magnet of a place.

Some of those discourteous wankers caused the band to pack up and leave at The Showdown. I made a comment about it (they were my friends in the band) and I was accused of being negative. There are some people at the RYCT - Snoopy etc - who are trying really hard but they are up against it big time.

In the words of The Hives - They say the defenition of madness is doing the

same thing and expecting a different result...

I am doing the S2H

I hear on the mill that Dekerdance and Fork in the road are not doing the L2H?

This will give the smaller blokes a chance!

looking forward to the Christmas break!

What are peoples weather predictions?

I, too, have heard this rumour. Can anyone confirm / deny or explain? There will now, one assumes, be a fair few crew looking for other rides, at short notice.

I, too, have heard this rumour. Can anyone confirm / deny or explain? There will now, one assumes, be a fair few crew looking for other rides, at short notice.

Confirmed......

An invitation:

Hughie Lewis has a long standing wager that if the BYC Wednesday night Twilight Race ever gets 100 or more boats over the start line, he will shout the bar afterwards. He has recently re-iterated that wager, and, I believe, included shouting supper as well. The date of February 9th has been mentioned as the night to try to make him pay up... so even if you aren't a regular BYC twiligh racer, it might be worth putting in an entry and getting your boat to BYC for that one!

No nothing to do with natelle just that the other week they messed up the finish of the first boat in div two who finished around some div one boats. Didnt record his time as he wasnt listed as a div one entrant, probably cause he has been entered and sailing Div two all season??????, and then when they where approached after the results were posted told that owner not to even waste his time protesting/redress as it wont be heard.

No nothing to do with natelle just that the other week they messed up the finish of the first boat in div two who finished around some div one boats. Didnt record his time as he wasnt listed as a div one entrant, probably cause he has been entered and sailing Div two all season??????, and then when they where approached after the results were posted told that owner not to even waste his time protesting/redress as it wont be heard.

Thats terrible, but if they protest the committee it has to be heard.

Have any other Tassie yachties made use of the website below?

http://www.coastview.com.au/

It seemed to be set up with surfers, windsurfers, kyakers, divers etc in mind. ie all water sports enthusiasts bar us.

I thought they offered a really good service, Web cams of Derwent, Tasman Isl, Pirates Bay etc,

Would be a shame if they closed up shop.

SeaBomb

Awesome job last night. Something like 128 boats started and finished the twilight race. That is an awesome turnout for any fleet, anywhere in the world, let alone a Wednesday night, twilight around the cans race in Hobart Tasmania... Big kudos to BYC and big thanks to Huey and any other sponsors (Nautilus?). We had a ball.

Awesome job last night. Something like 128 boats started and finished the twilight race. That is an awesome turnout for any fleet, anywhere in the world, let alone a Wednesday night, twilight around the cans race in Hobart Tasmania... Big kudos to BYC and big thanks to Huey and any other sponsors (Nautilus?). We had a ball.

Yep a top night. Over 1000 meals were served, not counting the sausages and burgers. I reckon Steve Keal had a bit to do with sponsorship as well Hughie. They're good mates and the whole idea probably started over a long lunch.

You'd have to be impressed with BYC, when you lok at the work that went into it. A band, extra toilets, logistics of catering and have enough staff on to keep the beers flowing.

BYC know how to party- can't wait for the crown series...

Jeff

Crown Series this weekend. How are entries looking?

Also - anyone know anything about the JS9000 on the trailer on the lawn of the RYCT? A new boat to Hobart or just a visitor?

Post last BYC twilight, in the bar, Hughie / Richard were talking 100 keelboats, plus another 100 in sportsboats 'n dinghys, but that could just be spruiking... sounds about right though. I guess we'll see the list of entries this evening...

The Port Esperance Sailing Club would like to invite you to help celebrate 150 years of sailing regattas on Port Esperance. Once again the waters of Port Esperance, Dover will be graced with a huge display of sail over the Easter Weekend. This year's Huon Tasmanian Salmon Port Esperance Regatta is from Friday 22 to Sunday 24 April.

Once again there will be races for a huge range of classes – from off-the-beach dinghies and catamarans, to top level racing keel-boats and sports-boats, cruisers and classics. A highlight this year will be the inaugural race for the Noel Doepel Memorial Trophy for classic yachts in honour of the late Noel Doepel, a long-time supporter of the regatta who sadly passed away last year. See the attached Notice of Race for full details of all races.

The history of the Port Esperance Regatta will be a major theme this year. The Esperance Discovery Centre is hosting a special exhibition of the maritime history of Port Esperance and Dorothy Crocker will be launching her latest book being the history of 150 Years of Regattas at Port Esperance.

Food again will be a highlight from the Sailors Sausage Sizzle to the gourmet cook-your-own BBQ on Saturday night. Sunday night will be spicy curries and during the day the outstanding Masaaki will be onsite with his fabulous sushi.

Entertainment is always a highlight. The Diva from Dover Leanne McLean and Jim Reece will be back on the Saturday night and the club will rock out as locals and yachties mix in that unique Dover atmosphere as they get down to the music of the Esperados.

A wide range of accommodation is available. Check out Far South Tasmania but be quick, bookings fill up fast.

For entries complete the attached entry form and return it by email. For further info please don't hesitate to get in touch by PM.

HTSPERNoR2011.pdf

HTSPER2011 Entrry.doc

Cygnet Regatta this weekend and I'll be there tomorrow. But today I spent reviewing and editing Dorothy Crocker's new book, All or Nothing: 150 Years of Regattas on Port Esperance. Healthy rivalry, and supportive cooperation have characterised the relationships between the Huon regattas and continue to do so. Cygnet celebrates its 147th this year, Port Esperance its 150th, but could the Dover regatta at least be older than that?

The Esperance Discovery Centre opens its Maritime History of Port Esperance Exhibition on April 10 and Dorothy's book is to be launched at the same time. Two weeks later is the 2011 Huon Tasmanian Salmon Port Esperance Regatta. Are you going to be part of history???

Theres a better than fair chance that Insatiable will be there, Mr. Pirate.

For the record, the Cygnet Regatta was great, as usual. Many thanks to Phil Jeffs and all the crew at PCSC (and especially to Dale the tireless water taxi man). While we didn't figure on the podium (nor did we expect to), we had a heap of fun both on and off the water. For a tiny club to be able to get around 70 boats to an out-of-town regatta rather shows that they are doing things right, I reckon.

Just under a month to go to the 2011 Huon Tasmanian Salmon Port Esperance Regatta - celebrating 150 years of regattas on Port Esperance.

Entries open now. See posts above for entry form and NOR.

Regatta poster attached.

post-5958-087515300 1301006476_thumb.jpg

Attached is a flyer for the upcoming mariitime history exhibition by the Esperance Discovery Centre held

at the Old School, Main Road, Dover. The opening will be on Sunday, 10th of April 2011 from 12.30 pm

with a performance by the Far South Singers, speeches, the launch of Dorothy Crocker's new

book "All or Nothing: 150 years of regattas on Port Esperance," and Devonshire Teas.

PESC will be running a sail-past on the day and it's also the first "Give Into Temptation" try-sailing day.

post-5958-035762200 1301010319_thumb.jpg

Another top weekend at Dover if I do say so myself. As the title of the History of 150+ Years of Regattas at Port Esperance goes, we had All and Nothing on the weekend. Attached is a media release, a pic (does anyone have any others, I have very few this year), and the overall results. Can't upload spreadsheets to SA so I'll have to email out the detailed results to people. Thanks to all the club members and friends who helped out, and to all of the competitors for turning up, we couldn't have done it without you. As I mentioned in my speech on Sunday night both Little Gav and I will not be around to run the event next year. If you guys want it to continue then the club could do with your support.

HTSPER11 Media Release.doc

2011 Huon Tasmanian Salmon Port Esperance Regatta Final Results.doc

post-5958-061349700 1303870870_thumb.jpg

Another top weekend at Dover if I do say so myself. As the title of the History of 150+ Years of Regattas at Port Esperance goes, we had All and Nothing on the weekend. Attached is a media release, a pic (does anyone have any others, I have very few this year), and the overall results. Can't upload spreadsheets to SA so I'll have to email out the detailed results to people. Thanks to all the club members and friends who helped out, and to all of the competitors for turning up, we couldn't have done it without you. As I mentioned in my speech on Sunday night both Little Gav and I will not be around to run the event next year. If you guys want it to continue then the club could do with your support.

It was, as always, a great Regatta. We had a ball both on and off the water. There was plenty of good racing and plenty of cold beer. I may end up sith some pictures - I was chatting to Guy & Karen off the huge cruising boat (Sundeer 65'?) who told me that they took some shots during the Sunday afternoon race, so I gave them my e-mail address with a request send any decent shots to me. If anything decent comes through I'll forward 'em to you.

Anyone know anytthing about the gray racing boat on a mooring in Port Huon. The bow looks a bit F40ish with a short bow prodder. The rest is disguised by a large boom tent.

If it is dark metallic gray, it could be "It Happens" that has showed up back in Tas after a few years on the big island. Used to belong to Stephen Boyes... Payne 38 with wings chopped off...

If it is dark metallic gray, it could be "It Happens" that has showed up back in Tas after a few years on the big island. Used to belong to Stephen Boyes... Payne 38 with wings chopped off...

No, it's not "It Happens." Mick Souter has bought that one and it was up on the slip in Hobart when this other gray boat (lighter gray, a bit like War Games) arrived at Port Huon.

Any chance anyone out there has contact details for Olly from BYC? He was sailing on Invincible, not sure if he still is.

Cheers

Mojo

Anyone know anytthing about the gray racing boat on a mooring in Port Huon. The bow looks a bit F40ish with a short bow prodder. The rest is disguised by a large boom tent.

I heard someone say that it was E11even, Farr 40 mod. Could be wrong.

I heard someone say that it was E11even, Farr 40 mod. Could be wrong.

i think you might be. 11 is now called 'iota' and lives at lake macquarie. was moored just off the yacht club a couple of weeks ago. suppose they might have gone crusing to tassie but ??

cheers,

On the subject of "what boat is that"... any background on the large boat out at the Royals, next to Dump Truck? It looks a bit like an Inglis 47 with a fixed keel...

On the subject of "what boat is that"... any background on the large boat out at the Royals, next to Dump Truck? It looks a bit like an Inglis 47 with a fixed keel...

Pix?

The boat at Port Huon has a name. Extract from an email from the Commodore of the Huon Yacht Club...

She is called "Charmelia" and is a Blue Wave 13.41 or 44 footer. Her draft is 9 feet. I think the sail number is 177 and she was once based at the RYCV. She was previously berthed at Williamston. If what I found is correct she was built in 2006 from vacuum bagged foam core composite construction and has a carbon rudder, mast and boom. I have been told that she was built in three weeks, the ballast is 3 ton and hull 3 ton, so is a very light boat for its size. Apparently she gets up to speeds of 20 knots easily and the owner wants to sail her in races down here. The owner has a brother who in the past was a very active and successful ocean racer who now build cars etc just north of Franklin. The owner of Charmelia would like to shift down to Tasmania and we look forward to seeing him pit his yacht against the best we can offer............................it might be a challenge for our handicappers but I am sure that they will rise to the occasion. Charmelia can be easily sailed two handed and has raced successfully in Victoria.

... but I'm not sure the best we can offer in TAS is at Port Huon.

The boat at Port Huon has a name. Extract from an email from the Commodore of the Huon Yacht Club...

She is called "Charmelia" and is a Blue Wave 13.41 or 44 footer. Her draft is 9 feet. I think the sail number is 177 and she was once based at the RYCV. She was previously berthed at Williamston. If what I found is correct she was built in 2006 from vacuum bagged foam core composite construction and has a carbon rudder, mast and boom. I have been told that she was built in three weeks, the ballast is 3 ton and hull 3 ton, so is a very light boat for its size. Apparently she gets up to speeds of 20 knots easily and the owner wants to sail her in races down here. The owner has a brother who in the past was a very active and successful ocean racer who now build cars etc just north of Franklin. The owner of Charmelia would like to shift down to Tasmania and we look forward to seeing him pit his yacht against the best we can offer............................it might be a challenge for our handicappers but I am sure that they will rise to the occasion. Charmelia can be easily sailed two handed and has raced successfully in Victoria.

... but I'm not sure the best we can offer in TAS is at Port Huon.

Steve Purtell's boat. Not actively raced up here for some time (years) apart from the odd wednesday afternoon jaunt out of RYCV. And before some dick asks; about 1.190 IRC according to old records. Built in three weeks seems a bit farr fetched though.

apparently a few quick new trailer sailers for the BYC including an elliot and magic 25. i think that they've been bought from the PDYC.

apparently a few quick new trailer sailers for the BYC including an elliot and magic 25. i think that they've been bought from the PDYC.

If you want to be quicker than these slow coaches pm me. I have sometihng alot easier to sail and alot faster too... oh and is at pdyc as well.

If interested clicky...

Guys, planning to leave the boat in Hobart for a couple of months after L2H, for channel cruising etc. We are waitlisted at Oyster Cove for a marina berth, what other options are there in the area? How far up the Huon is Kermandie? We draw 1.8m, would we have any problems getting up to there? or does anyone know of a swing mooring at Kettering that would be available for rent for that period????

cheers

Two Heads

Guys, planning to leave the boat in Hobart for a couple of months after L2H, for channel cruising etc. We are waitlisted at Oyster Cove for a marina berth, what other options are there in the area? How far up the Huon is Kermandie? We draw 1.8m, would we have any problems getting up to there? or does anyone know of a swing mooring at Kettering that would be available for rent for that period????

cheers

Two Heads

Yeah you should be fine in Kermandie the annual Pipe Opener docks there these days and the river has heaps of water they used to run ships up there for years. It has been a few years and i my be corrected but I think its about 10nm or so up the river. Its nioce down that way and nowhere near as busy as further north in the channel. Have A look at here for a bit more info url="http://www.marinasguide.com.au/premium/taskermandie.htm"]Kermandie Marina[/url]

Also can anyone confirm or deny the rumors of a TP52 coming to the state????????????? Possibly Cougar ??????

P.s. for some reason the link didnt work sorry two heads

cheers

Two Heads

Kermandie is a fair way up the Huon (or so it seems in the wee hours of Saturday morning, motoring up after the Pipe Opener). There should be plenty of water... we get in ok, drawing 2.3m. I think Sydney 38 gets in ok, and they draw a fair bit more, but it is a struggle. For swing moorings, you could always ask PESC(Port Esperance Sailing Club, Dover) if they have any spare. It would also be worth asking Cygnet Sailing Club. They have plenty of moorings and they look after them pretty well as far as I can tell. PM me if you'd like a phone number contact at either of the abovementioned.

Also can anyone confirm or deny the rumors of a TP52 coming to the state????????????? Possibly Cougar ??????

P.s. for some reason the link didnt work sorry two heads

maybe you should ask Tony Lyall?

My recollection is that we ran into the mud almost every time we took the 38 into the marina at Kermandie. Didn't you tow us off one time Weyalan?

One time we followed Sudsy in a tinny - he knew the channel pretty well. We ran aground and he told me I hadn't followed him well enough. We were about 1 metre off to the side of his track :-)

TwoHeads...

There are often casual berths that can be rented at Kings pier marina in the middle of Hobart. The marina is filled with Sydney/Hobart boats until (I think) the 28th or 29th - then available. Won't matter since you'll have a spot assigned after the L2H finish and can then just move a couple of hundred metres to Kings Pier when available.

Send me a pm if you want to explore that. We have a spot there that may possibly be available.

cheers

Two Heads

Kermandie is a fair way up the Huon (or so it seems in the wee hours of Saturday morning, motoring up after the Pipe Opener). There should be plenty of water... we get in ok, drawing 2.3m. I think Sydney 38 gets in ok, and they draw a fair bit more, but it is a struggle. For swing moorings, you could always ask PESC(Port Esperance Sailing Club, Dover) if they have any spare. It would also be worth asking Cygnet Sailing Club. They have plenty of moorings and they look after them pretty well as far as I can tell. PM me if you'd like a phone number contact at either of the abovementioned.

Welcome back Sparky. I haven't seen your entry in the L2H yet! 'Bout time we saw how fast that flash new boat goes?

It's alive! The thread's alive.

The Showdown was again sparsely populated by keel-boats. A pity as it was again well-organised. I reckon the biggest division was Sportsboat/SB3. SB3 nationals at RYCT in Feb. All 8 (10?) of them must front up for ASBA nationals at BYC at Easter as well or it will send a poor message.

cheers

Two Heads

PESC have moorings. 3 ton fish farm anchors. Key to club allowing access to toilet and shower available for small fee. Bar open Friday nights.

Dover is 1 hr 10 mins drive from Hobart. Kermandie is 2 hours motor up the Huon River from the channel and only 20 mins less drive than Dover.

PM me for details.

Hi chaps - sorry about the hijack - my Clipper team mates are coming for a quick visit...

Qingdao diverts towards Tasmania after crew member injured in deck fall - 14 November 2011

Qingdao, one of the ten 68-foot yachts competing in the Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race, is diverting to Hobart, Tasmania, to allow an injured crew member to seek medical attention ashore.

Jo Sandford, 56, sustained a shoulder injury and bruising around the coccyx after falling on deck and has been confined to her bunk. However, as she is in acute pain, the on board medic, Joan Clancy, has recommended hospital treatment.

Skipper, Ian Conchie, has taken the prudent decision, one supported by the Race Management Team, to divert to Hobart and the yacht is expected to arrive there in the next 36 hours.

Ian reports, “Our plan is to stop in Hobart briefly to allow Jo to go to the hospital. The Race Team are arranging for a representative to meet them when we arrive. We will then quickly turn the boat around and resume racing to Tauranga in New Zealand.

“We have to be careful to note our position when we drop the sails and return to the same position afterwards to stay in the race. Looking at the weather we are hoping that we can make it in and out of Hobart before the high pressure establishes itself over the area.”

The Spike Burgee is heading for Hobart.

Anyone interested in signing, send me a pm.

Thread is on CA.

Was in Hobart today and saw "Stealth" on a dolly in the boat park at the Royals. Is this Stealth as in Stealth 8, or a different design???

Two Heads

The Spike Burgee is around Sydney at the moment and is coming down to Hobart.

Is anyone in a position to give it a ride in the S2H?

Give me a pm if you think you can do it.

Another great Crown Series Regatta. Must ahve been around 120 keelboats, no idea how many in the dinghy fleet. Awesome weather, good racing, cood courses. Good fun. Well done to BYC and all those who made teh event happen.

Another great Crown Series Regatta. Must ahve been around 120 keelboats, no idea how many in the dinghy fleet. Awesome weather, good racing, cood courses. Good fun. Well done to BYC and all those who made teh event happen.

A great weekend but a bit of a gear buster for the sportsboat fleet. Having the breeze competing with the temperature to see how high into the 30's they could get was a novelty. Well done BYC. Roll on the sportsboat nationals at Easter.

Oh, and for those not doing the nationals, the Port Esperance Regatta is still on. Race management and organisation on and off the water will be by the Firth brothers. The usual suspects will be organising the food, drink and entertainment. So even though I won't be there the even promises to be as good as ever.

Go to www.pesc.com.au for Notice of Race.

Cygnet Regatta was, as usual, a fun weekend, with over 50 boats in both the Kettering to Cygnet and the Regatta Race. A big "thank you" and "well done" to Phil Jeffs and the good folk at PCSC for putting on a great regatta.

Who's all going down to the Dover Regatta? We will probably be taking Insatiable down to Dover, but it doesn't look as though we will have much in the way of crew... if any. A spot of fishing while watching the racing might be the go, eh.

Cygnet Regatta was, as usual, a fun weekend, with over 50 boats in both the Kettering to Cygnet and the Regatta Race. A big "thank you" and "well done" to Phil Jeffs and the good folk at PCSC for putting on a great regatta.

Who's all going down to the Dover Regatta? We will probably be taking Insatiable down to Dover, but it doesn't look as though we will have much in the way of crew... if any. A spot of fishing while watching the racing might be the go, eh.

Thanks for sharing that.

Hey guys,

Not sure itf it's OK to post this here but it easier than driving down to Hobart and putting ads up at the YC's.

Been working as a rigger in WA for a few years and am now back home in Launnie but moved industries and would like to do some splicing to keep my hand in.

If anyone wants any sort of splicing done including 3-strand, 8-plait, double braid, spectra, dyneema, halyard/sheet tips and all sorts of soft shackles etc. done/made I would be willing to do it on the cheap to keep my hand in and also it's something I enjoy. Can also do decorative work like mats, monkeys balls etc.

I would love to get into it more at a later date but I'm just not sure how much work is around so will keep the price cheap to see what's out there. Have all the tools too!!

Can get rope at a decent price too but don't want to just sell just rope if I can avoid it as I don't want to tread on some local industry toes.

Anyway, if this post is over the line let me know and I'll get rid of it!!

Other wise PM me if you want something done and we can have a chat about it!!

Cheers,

Ben

Hey guys,

Not sure itf it's OK to post this here but it easier than driving down to Hobart and putting ads up at the YC's.

Been working as a rigger in WA for a few years and am now back home in Launnie but moved industries and would like to do some splicing to keep my hand in.

If anyone wants any sort of splicing done including 3-strand, 8-plait, double braid, spectra, dyneema, halyard/sheet tips and all sorts of soft shackles etc. done/made I would be willing to do it on the cheap to keep my hand in and also it's something I enjoy. Can also do decorative work like mats, monkeys balls etc.

I would love to get into it more at a later date but I'm just not sure how much work is around so will keep the price cheap to see what's out there. Have all the tools too!!

Can get rope at a decent price too but don't want to just sell just rope if I can avoid it as I don't want to tread on some local industry toes.

Cheers,

Ben

Do the rounds of the local chandlers and provedores (they supply stuff to ships) - might pick up a bit.

Hey guys,

Cheers,

Ben

Do the rounds of the local chandlers and provedores (they supply stuff to ships) - might pick up a bit.

Yeah I have and am but alot of it tends to be basic 3-strand splicing. Do a few brummel's for 4x4 ropes as well but always looking for more.

Posted here cause I don't get down to Hobart much.

Also my bro is building the Shaw 650 up here. Been designing a few new dynnema things for it and going to try to have no knots on the boat exceot figure 8's!!

Hey guys,

Cheers,

Ben

Yeah I have and am but alot of it tends to be basic 3-strand splicing. Do a few brummel's for 4x4 ropes as well but always looking for more.

Posted here cause I don't get down to Hobart much.

Also my bro is building the Shaw 650 up here. Been designing a few new dynnema things for it and going to try to have no knots on the boat exceot figure 8's!!

Thanks for sharing that. It's always good to keep current on your Bro's activities.

Or not.

Heard over the VHF about Hot Prospect up on the beach at start of Easter. All OK?

Shit weather, had 25kts up the bum out through Marion Narrows on Sat morning, very relieved to get clear. Doing 8 kts under jib only on the way up to Maria Island until wind eased enough to put up the main. Then Sunday morning tried to head north from Wineglass - 5 1/2 hrs to Bicheno, 1 1/2 hours to get back when we decided to try another day!!! We can now say we know what the Wineglass Bay entrance looks like from the south and the north.

Very glad to get home Tuesday afternoon to the Tamar!!

Two Heads

Thanks for sharing that. It's always good to keep current on your Bro's activities.

Or not.

Thanks Toe Rag for keeping the Aussie threads at the top of the list. ;-)

Oh, and any time you feel the need to fuck yourself up your own arse with your head while looking for your friends just go ahead, it's fine by us.

Or not.

Oh, and any time you feel the need to fuck yourself up your own arse with your head while looking for your friends just go ahead, it's fine by us.

Yeah Steve, it's great how DoRag rhymns so well with Douche Bag :lol:

Who's up for the Two-Handed Worlds? I'd like to suggest that any boat that normally sails with 3 crew be pinged extra on handicap .

Hoping that is that the DSS can run it without a Sailing Manager.

Or not.

Oh, here we have yet another Aussie potty mouth. How unusual. It seems that every Aussie that was denied a visa into the US turns to bathroom humor. Cool.

imagine how upset poor Doey is going to be when he finds out Australians don't need a visa for the US

Yeah I know - buy an add...

I have installed a couple of nice size 1/4 berths on the old tub and now have two surplus alloy pipe cots to give away if any one is interested - they will eventually end up being cut up or thrown on the tip if no one wants them.. No storage and the wife says they gotta go...

PM me if interested.

How long are they? Thinking of setting up a boat van for the long hauls and a cot in the back is on the menu.

Yeah I know - buy an add...

I have installed a couple of nice size 1/4 berths on the old tub and now have two surplus alloy pipe cots to give away if any one is interested - they will eventually end up being cut up or thrown on the tip if no one wants them.. No storage and the wife says they gotta go...

PM me if interested.

Wow!

Two surplus alloy pipe cots for sale?

Does SA look like a Mexican garage sale to you?

WTF?

[quote name='DoRag' timestamp='1338647764' post='3

Wow!

Two surplus alloy pipe cots for sale?

Does SA look like a Mexican garage sale to you?

WTF?

In the words of Armstrong and Miller, if you're not going to say anything useful, fuck off. Off you fuck.

OYF!

Thanks Pirate, but It Happens got in first with his PM....

Must say I feel sort of honoured in some sick sort of way to have a post considered worthy of Do Rags attention. That oxygen thief and his worthless posts are usually good for a laugh, so thanks for sharing the joy!

Time to go sailing..

Cheers

Must say I feel sort of honoured in some sick sort of way to have a post considered worthy of Do Rags attention. That oxygen thief and his worthless posts are usually good for a laugh, so thanks for sharing the joy!

Time to go sailing..

Cheers

Funny how you whine about the US - on a US website!

What's up with that?

Time to go sailing..

Cheers

Funny how you whine about the US - on a US website!

What's up with that?

Hey fuckwit. Get it right even about the name of your own country. It's USA, United States of America. US doesn't mean anything. I mean there's a United States of Brazil. And they are foreigners. Can't have that.

BTW BYC played the wind lottery with their first winter race and lost, sadly, again. At least everyone finished. Well done Saga in Div 2. Wish we could have put our kite up properly on at least one of the 3 legs. We couldn't even fly it back to the club. Shorter legs next time? Don't 69 me please.

Hey, any of you clowns know whether or not those alloy cot pipes are still for sale in Hobart?

It's USA, United States of America. US doesn't mean anything. I mean there's a United States of Brazil.

I know that just as with everywhere, there is ignorance Down Under as well, but really no one except the most ignorant refers to the Brazil as the "United States" or as the "US."