Hobart Scene

No comment really

just couldn't resist

starting a new page :o:o:o:lol::lol:

Edited by DA-WOODY

No comment really

just couldn't resist

starting a new page :o:o:o:lol::lol:

Woody - if you have so much time on your hands that you can create a message just to get top position on a new page, then perhaps you should hop on a plane and come on down to Hobart and bring your cameras. We'll arrange for you to go along on the world famous 'Pipe Opener' in September. If that doesn't cure whatever ails you then you're incurable. Bring something warm to wear and lots of aspirins for the morning after.

Hello

Last BYC Winter Pennent race"bring it on"

The pirates are all fired up!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAARRRRRRRRRGG

National speak like a pirate day is not far off!!!!!

I understand that the skipper of Fine Cotton has now been dubbed, "The most dangerous man on the Derwent." Who would have thought that such a meek and mild-mannered man-child could be so intimidating?

I understand that the skipper of Fine Cotton has now been dubbed, "The most dangerous man on the Derwent." Who would have thought that such a meek and mild-mannered man-child could be so intimidating?

Ha Ha, for an explanation I'd probably have a bit of a look at his crew list!!

Anyhow, the most dangerous man on the Derwent sails a Dragon ;)

We learned to stay well out of the way of the Fine Cotton during last summer's twilight series. Also, be warned: If you are having a roast dinner on board anywhere in the vicinity of Fine Cotton, there is a better than average chance that you will be boarded by her scurvy crew who will demolish the remains of the meal, ferret out all your secret stashes of grog and, when it is all gone, leave you wondering what happened.

Last time I saw the esteemed skipper of Fine Cotton on the water was at the Cygnet Regatta this year, where he was seen in the company of several others, paddling around the anchorage at 3 a.m. yelling "Charleeeeeee... Charleee........"

Not much excitment in last byc race unles ur on wired or voodoo, race 1 put paid to that. I wanna see if oedipius is aloud to start.

Perhaps all the rest of us should stay back 50 metres from the start line, to allow unhindered access to the Wired and VC crews.

Wouldn't want to be accused of being a mobile obstruction in their quest for Americas cup supremacy.

What would be pretty funny is if this Sundays BYC race is cancelled because there's too much wind :-)

I have no memory of said incedents, and there for they didn't happen.......I would not believe any who say it did happen as they would be the "type" to hang out in venues frequented by people of low standing character and questionable morals.

Perhaps all the rest of us should stay back 50 metres from the start line, to allow unhindered access to the Wired and VC crews.

Wouldn't want to be accused of being a mobile obstruction in their quest for Americas cup supremacy.

What would be pretty funny is if this Sundays BYC race is cancelled because there's too much wind :-)

Well fortunately there won't be any barging on the line from Fine Cotton as Gavin won't be anywhere near the helm.

I might have to get the Number 3 out of the shed.

I have no memory of said incedents, and there for they didn't happen.......I would not believe any who say it did happen as they would be the "type" to hang out in venues frequented by people of low standing character and questionable morals.

What a succinct and accurate description of the Asylum team. I'll be sure to pass it on, particularly to our resident Kick Boxer / Karate expert and his little brother. They'll be flattered I'm sure.

It was, I'm told, quite a night. All I know is that our largest crewmate, representing his esteemed family of sailing luminaries, tumbled down the companionway at 3:30, looked around the boat, mumbled "Gnite mum, Gnite dad to me and my co-owner and collapsed on a settee. It was a miracle that he didn't, at some point in the evening, trip over our bowman who had fallen asleep on a beanbag that he had wrapped around the head.

I wonder if the club in question has gotten over their tender being used as a 3 a.m. delivery ambulance for sailors who had overcooked themselves.

Of course we all know who did that and we're just waiting for an opportunity to remind him sometime when we've almost got a very necessary overlap.

:rolleyes:

ALLEGED BARGING! IT WAS NEVER PROVEN AND WE HAD A GOOD CASE!!!!!!!

Why is the rum gone?!

because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels!

"What a succinct and accurate description of the Asylum team. I'll be sure to pass it on, particularly to our resident Kick Boxer / Karate expert and his little brother. They'll be flattered I'm sure."

If this member of your crew is the one I think you are referring to, I think it is a very accurate!!! Considering it took some considerable persuading to coax him down off the top of the mast at the cygnet regatta in 2006. He decided to come down the forestay.....leaving a trail of blood!!!

As I understand it the crew of Fine Cotton are true supporters of Art and culture of Hobart. They Have been seen in many historical buildings around hobart. I understand that they enjoy clasical Music, and like to share this passion with their fellow sailors. On a number of occasions they have been know it invest in local communities in the southern regions of tasmania, by visiting their historical buildings. They enjoy fine dining, on other peoples boats. :lol:

A great finish today - at least we had one Sunday with wind.

Congrats to the Voodoo Chile team on their series victory.

Our boat seems to enjoy 25 knots of breeze more than some.

Oedipus - the boat looks great when you're trucking along at 18 knots with a big rooster tail out the back.

Doesn't look so great when everything goes really pear shaped however.

Midway down the first run it looked like a graveyard with 2 Farr 40's, a mumm 36 and a mumm 30 lying on their sides.

Thanks to all for some good racing and thanks to the BYC for hosting under very difficult climate conditions.

Midway down the first run it looked like a graveyard with 2 Farr 40's, a mumm 36 and a mumm 30 lying on their sides.

It looked pretty good behind us from where we were too :lol::lol:

It looked pretty good behind us from where we were too :lol::lol:

yeah, good race for you guys too...

I never thought I'd ever say that our 6th on handicap was a good thing but after the awful winter we've had it seemed like a small victory.

I arrived at the BYC barbecue expecting to see prawns instead of snags... surely with all the trawling for prawns that went on, someone must have got a feed? Anyway, congrats to Voodoo Chile, Half Hearted, Epoxy Warrior and Odyssey on their respective pennant victorties.

Oedipus - the boat looks great when you're trucking along at 18 knots with a big rooster tail out the back.

Our wipeouts were on the second and third downwind legs. In the first leg we were just about to hoist when Banga went over so had to take some evasive action. Would have been carnage if the kite was up!!

Some carnage on the Derwent, or maybe it is a tricky new way of rigging the pole?

What is really noteworthy in this picture is that the Mumm in question is NOT on its side!

(sorry, don't know who to credit the photo to)

post-4016-1188782912_thumb.jpg

Edited by Secret Experiment

Hey guys , I'm in town Wednesday week [Tues,Wed & Thurs actually] if anyone other than Sparky is interested.

Drinks?

yeah, good race for you guys too...

I never thought I'd ever say that our 6th on handicap was a good thing but after the awful winter we've had it seemed like a small victory.

Good result Sparky, you almost got Archie on the line. Looking at the results it seems that our two wipe outs cost us less than War Games and Wired's one each. How's that work?

Where are you and Phil going for drinks?

So, what's doing with Planet X? I haven't been down to the DSS much for a while, but there was Planet X, looks like she's had her tail cut off, and a sail drive's been put in.

Shower too, and H&C water?

Hope the changes are kind, that is a great boat.

How about I meet up with Phil and bring him to the Royal bar at some point in the late arvo on Wednesday?

Hobart Anarchists can meet up there for a drink or three.

Does that fit your schedule Phil?

At this point it doesn't look like any sailing as the entire Wed arvo crew is headed to Sydney to bring a boat back and they may still be enroute.

Of course we could load Oedipus and Secret Experiment and Weyalan and a few others on Asylum if it's too nice a day to pass up.

Edited by Sparky

How about I meet up with Phil and bring him to the Royal bar at some point in the late arvo on Wednesday?

At this point it doesn't look like any sailing as the entire Wed arvo crew is headed to Sydney to bring a boat back and they may still be enroute.

Of course we could load Oedipus and Secret Experiment and Weyalan and a few others on Asylum if it's too nice a day to pass up.

Bugger, will be in Launceston unfortunately. Would have loved a sail and a beer.

Wednesday arvo sailing would be nice, although things are looking pretty busy for me, workwise. I will keep checking in here to see what the plan is, and if posssible will join y'all, even if only for a beer or two at the RHYC (or wherever).

N.B. East Coast Cruising:

Just FYI, Steve Keal is looking for volunteers to help deliver Cyclone (a.k.a. Fish Frenzy) back from Hamilton Island. They have, so far, made it as far as Mackay, and are looking for crew for part or all of the trip (maybe Mackay - Southport, Southport - Sydney, Sydney - Hobart). Obviously, now tha Cyclone has been converted from flush deck, bare bones racer to pilothouse cruiser (with fridge, hot & cold water, etc), this is a somewhat more pleasant proposition than it was in the original "slow moving depression". If anyone has the time or inclination (and bear in mind, this is still a big, powerful boat and it is still offshore sailing, so relevant experience is a must), PM me and I can pass on Steve Keal's mobile number.

Edited by Weyalan

Some carnage on the Derwent, or maybe it is a tricky new way of rigging the pole?

What is really noteworthy in this picture is that the Mumm in question is NOT on its side!

This post has been edited by Secret Experiment: Today, 02:30 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)

Reduced 70%

985 x 648 (177.38k)

Classic - I've done exactly that once. Big gust hit just as I was about to gybe the pole, boom crashes over and sticks pole into the drink, carbon pole snaps and pushes broken end through the kite. That was expensive.

I'm happy to work around you guys. We'll be staying in Hobart, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. mixing work with a bit of sightseeing.

The most I've seen of Hobart is through alcohol affected eyes at the end of a Hobart race. Customs House and a bit of Salamanca Place.

Just before anyone else goes on about the "18 knots" can I say that the most I saw on the log was high 11's which, when you factor in that the log needs recalibration and under-reads by about 20%, equates at the most to high 13's.

Sorry to disappoint but don't like to be seen as a tosser.

BTW - we have seen 22.5 on that same log, but I wasn't driving at the time!!

Seems like I missd a good race sunday. Looks like wired thru the pennant away with the wipeout. Not like boysie to do that. who on the kite trim??

I heard some goss that his son was steering - any one confirm??

I'm happy to work around you guys. We'll be staying in Hobart, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. mixing work with a bit of sightseeing.

The most I've seen of Hobart is through alcohol affected eyes at the end of a Hobart race. Customs House and a bit of Salamanca Place.

No shit, there's more than that?

Well it is glorious day out there now, so are we catching up with Phil?

Well it is glorious day out there now, so are we catching up with Phil?

Wed 5:30 at the RYCT for a catch up with Phil.

So far Sparky, Ms. Sparky, Oedipus, 42 South, Weyalan, Ian from Hood, Grub and if Secret Experiment gets back from Launceston in time maybe him...

Edited by Sparky

Great photo; kudos to whoever took it. Looks like the Archie has "a bit on"!

Yes was KOD 2007. Was on the said A35 at the time.

To use a well worn phrase "The best chinese I had all day !!"

So, what's doing with Planet X? I haven't been down to the DSS much for a while, but there was Planet X, looks like she's had her tail cut off, and a sail drive's been put in.

Shower too, and H&C water?

Hope the changes are kind, that is a great boat.

Thanks...Hope to make it a ever better boat. !!

The sail drive's been in for just on 18 months. As for the tail it's actually a bit longer. (I suppose it could double as a shower deck!!)

A few more suprises still to come............

Time to give those 35 & 36 footers a little more competition..

Thanks...Hope to make it a ever better boat. !!

The sail drive's been in for just on 18 months. As for the tail it's actually a bit longer. (I suppose it could double as a shower deck!!)

A few more suprises still to come............

Time to give those 35 & 36 footers a little more competition..

hmmm....

a Farr 40 rig?

a 3 metre bowsprit?

Helium tanks?

a canting keel?

Just for the record, I did put in an appearance at RYCT between 5:30 & 6:00 but there was about twenty-brazillion people there and since I didn't actually know anyone, I headed for the hills (my hand was forced by the offer of a steak and decent red at The Ball and Chain, free). Sorry folks. I hope fun was had.

I believe credit for the photo goes to an anarchy lurker who may also possibly be Top Gear's The Stig. Some say he is afraid of ducks and his left nipple is the shape of the Nurburgring, but all we can say is that we know him as the Fat Controller.

Next Wednesday...not yesterday...

Welcome to Tasmania, please set your watch back 20 years :P

Welcome to Tasmania, please set your watch back 20 years :P

Yeh and don't we love it

No APEC

Cheap marina fees

Cheap club membership

Decent haulout

No peak hour traffic, except for between 8.17am and 8.21 am

Five minutes to get down to the boat :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

etc, etc.....

What are the other advantages????

Yeh and don't we love it

No APEC

Cheap marina fees

Cheap club membership

Decent haulout

etc, etc.....

Scallop Pies!

Hypothermia.

Only a couple of surnames to remember in the whole town?

Edited by Flatbag

Seems like I missd a good race sunday. Looks like wired thru the pennant away with the wipeout. Not like boysie to do that. who on the kite trim??

Now there is a start line barger from way back.

I believe credit for the photo goes to an anarchy lurker who may also possibly be Top Gear's The Stig. Some say he is afraid of ducks and his left nipple is the shape of the Nurburgring, but all we can say is that we know him as the Fat Controller.

Ah, of course.

Why do I think that this blatant copyright breach might cost me a rum and coke?

Yeh and don't we love it

No APEC

Cheap marina fees

Cheap club membership

Decent haulout

etc, etc.....

Can see the boat from my office. Doesn't get much better than that.

Unless I had a facking great trust fund, and didn't need to work, that is.

Can see the boat from my office. Doesn't get much better than that.

You must have conducted a secret experiment to dramatically improve your eyesight! If I said that I can almost see your boat from my bedroom would that be revealing your secret identity?

You must have conducted a secret experiment to dramatically improve your eyesight! If I said that I can almost see your boat from my bedroom would that be revealing your secret identity?

Fair call, I'll try again.

I can normally see my boat from my office, but at the moment it is at its winter quarters.

This will amaze and alarm you though. I am going to come down this weekend and do a bit of sailing, and see how you're all going.

Fair call, I'll try again.

I can normally see my boat from my office, but at the moment it is at its winter quarters.

This will amaze and alarm you though. I am going to come down this weekend and do a bit of sailing, and see how you're all going.

As you're headed down there anyway - perhaps you and Oedipus and your brother in law could run up to the seat of local government and do some civil disobedience stuff re: the politicians trying to murder your yacht club. If you do go and you get pinched I'll come bail you out.

Ok, I'll dress up as Osama, Secret Experiment can be the bogus security guard and the brother-in-law can drive the black car with the Canadian flag on the bonnet.

I can't get into any more trouble with the HVC can I?????

Ok, I'll dress up as Osama, Secret Experiment can be the bogus security guard and the brother-in-law can drive the black car with the Canadian flag on the bonnet.

I can't get into any more trouble with the HVC can I?????

Maybe if I went along with my George Bush mask on they'd pay more attention. I can do a reasonably good fake texas accent too.

Incidentally, going back to the earlier discussions about liferafts, and specifically about the zodiac 8man liferaft that I have:

I just had a chat with one of the local servicing agents about (a) what it was likely to cost to get the liferaft in service, and also (B) what "in service" meant in terms of yacht racing.

The answer to the first question was that it would cost a minimum of about $470 for the basic service and replacement of flares/consumables etc. but that it could cost a heap more depanding on whether they had to do anything over and above the standard service; i.e. 5 yearly cylinder test, etc.

The answer to the second was, according to the serviceing guy, that there was nothing that could be done that would make my liferaft suitable for ISAF Cat1 racing, but that it could be used (at least until 2009) for Cat2 races.

Incidentally, going back to the earlier discussions about liferafts, and specifically about the zodiac 8man liferaft that I have:

I just had a chat with one of the local servicing agents about (a) what it was likely to cost to get the liferaft in service, and also (B) what "in service" meant in terms of yacht racing.

The answer to the first question was that it would cost a minimum of about $470 for the basic service and replacement of flares/consumables etc. but that it could cost a heap more depanding on whether they had to do anything over and above the standard service; i.e. 5 yearly cylinder test, etc.

The answer to the second was, according to the serviceing guy, that there was nothing that could be done that would make my liferaft suitable for ISAF Cat1 racing, but that it could be used (at least until 2009) for Cat2 races.

Thanks mate - we're still trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and buy one new or see about getting yours or another certified.

Sorry to take so long...

Ah, of course.

Why do I think that this blatant copyright breach might cost me a rum and coke?

For you i'll waiver my normal exorbedent copyright fee... but i will take you up on the rum and coke.. :lol:

The lurker is finally revealed!! Pipe Opener this weekend, hope we get some breeze on Friday night. The daylight finish off Gordon last year was very ordinary.

Don't forget Anarchist's drinks with Phil on this Wednesday at RYCT 1730.

The lurker is finally revealed!! Pipe Opener this weekend, hope we get some breeze on Friday night. The daylight finish off Gordon last year was very ordinary.

Don't forget Anarchist's drinks with Phil on this Wednesday at RYCT 1730.

We plan to arrive at Port Huon by 1 a.m. We will do this by using the P.C.I.A.C.L. method (pissed crew in a conga line)

I have it on good authority that heavy intake of alcoholic beverages causes crew members to stagger as they walk. This staggering, when organised into a Conga line, tends to induce a rocking motion to the boat. The rocking motion brings back memories of Sabot techniques and causes the boat to maintain it's momentum, even in the face of declining breezes.

And hello Jugabundy, I'm guessing that you're the afformentioned brother-in-law of another anarchist.

Having turned up at RYCT last Wednesday and skulled back a few beers "with all my mates" (doh), it is looking unlikely that I will be able to put in an appearance on Wednesday :( somehow, before the pipe-opener, we still have to:

i) Throw some paint around in the saloon

ii) Fit the stove

iii) Plumb the gas into the stove

iv) Screw down the sofa bunk-tops

v) Fit lee cloths on the sofa berths

vi) Fit a new port nav light on the pulpit

vii) Re-wire the stern nav light

viii) Cook a lasagne for the crew's Friday night munchies

ix) Cook a pot of pea & ham soup for motoring up the huon in freezing conditions at 3:30am saturday morning

x) Buy a pallette of grog

We plan to arrive at Port Huon by 1 a.m. We will do this by using the P.C.I.A.C.L. method (pissed crew in a conga line)

I have it on good authority that heavy intake of alcoholic beverages causes crew members to stagger as they walk. This staggering, when organised into a Conga line, tends to induce a rocking motion to the boat. The rocking motion brings back memories of Sabot techniques and causes the boat to maintain it's momentum, even in the face of declining breezes.

And hello Jugabundy, I'm guessing that you're the afformentioned brother-in-law of another anarchist.

Your conga line theory sounds great, but perhaps it's a bit like herding cats? They'll cancel each other out with random staggers and you'll get no forward motion. Playing Cold Chisel CDs to get them into sync is surely against the RRS, and will anyhow lead to a rule 69 protest from music lovers on nearby boats (Oedipus knows all about these and can advise). Although I suppose the Pipeopener is part run by the Huon Yacht Club, in which case Cold Chisel will be fine.

No, a better way is to tie a slab and a pile of porn to the traveller car. Merely pull the car from side to side at the desired rate, always keeping the car just ahead of the pursuing pack. You'll soon have a nice bit of a roll on, but note this only works after the crew have finished their own personal slabs, the rum, and possibly the casks of port (that'll be somewhere around Piersons', I'd guess).

Good luck, and see ya in Port Huon!

Pipeopener weather is developing a bit with the following indicated for offshore:-

SOUTHEAST COAST, Tasman Is to South East Cape:

Friday: North to northwest winds 15 to 25 knots turning west to southwesterly during the day and increasing to 25 to 35 knots.

Looks like a cold one Friday night/Saturday morning with some westerly fronts coming through .....

Snuck in to town today, send the rain north eh, they need it on the mainland.

So how did the meet & greet go with the Hobart Anarchists, Phil? Did you catch up with the one who has his watch set exactly one week fast?

Met up with a few for a few and had dinner there as well.

There were of course the annon, who stayed annon.

I didn't make it, sorry. At 5:30 I was either wiring in the port nav light or installing the gas stove... I trust that a good time was had by all?

Good luck to everyone heading down to Port Huon tonight. Just remember that Insatiable might be one of the slower boats, but we have home made lasagne & home made pea & ham soup for the trip south. See y'all in The Kermandie Tavern for a frosty one on Saturday afternoon!

Where was the roast Weyalan???????

we were all looking forward to that roast!!!!!

Good to catch up with a few good characters of the hobart sailing scean down at the pipe opener......

Sean Langman saw more than he expected when the two lads ran through the bar starkers....haha...

The two cats out there were good to see, maybe a few more dingy classes might grow the event even more?

looking forward to my next pipe opener next year!!!

Yeah, alright. There was no roast (She who must be obeyed made that decision for me). Nevertheless, we did have home made pea & sam soup, home made lasagne and home made beef casserole with mashed potatoes, not to mention more egg & bacon rolls than you could poke a stick at... there can't have been many crews that were better fed.

We had a great weekend. The organisiers and the Port Huon marina deserve our thanks and respect for a job well done. Thanks very much y'all. Insatiable didn't do particularly well in the results, but we had a blast and will be back for more next year.

Yeah, alright. There was no roast (She who must be obeyed made that decision for me). Nevertheless, we did have home made pea & sam soup, home made lasagne and home made beef casserole with mashed potatoes, not to mention more egg & bacon rolls than you could poke a stick at... there can't have been many crews that were better fed.

We had a great weekend. The organisiers and the Port Huon marina deserve our thanks and respect for a job well done. Thanks very much y'all. Insatiable didn't do particularly well in the results, but we had a blast and will be back for more next year.

QUOTE(snoopy @ Sep 17 2007, 12:59 PM) *

Yeah and where was the pallet of beer . We tied up next to you with this knowledge in hand. You couldn't have possibly drunk it all by Sat could you?

Maybe the best fed, but you fluid levels were a little low on the trip home, only having wine and cider dreadful.

The boys on QE still had pelnty of supplys (don't know how after the belting on friday and saturday). I think after many events we found it better to over supply than under.

At least they know how to look after their skipper, with a large bottle of rum and some sausage soup I've never seen baggins in higher spirits.

Whos heading to the DSS they night before the open day?, there is a cocktail party on should be a good night.

QUOTE(snoopy @ Sep 17 2007, 12:59 PM) *

Yeah and where was the pallet of beer . We tied up next to you with this knowledge in hand. You couldn't have possibly drunk it all by Sat could you?

Well jeff it had to be gone by Saturday afternoon as we had Insatiable between us & the marina on Saturday night & I don't recall seeing any froffys coming our way.........or an egg & bacon roll :P

Weylan please explain..........

Also Sparky good to see Mick doing his bit for the Port Huon Marina by dredging both sides of the entrance channel over the weekend. The antifouling on your keel shouldn't need a polish for a while....

Well jeff it had to be gone by Saturday afternoon as we had Insatiable between us & the marina on Saturday night & I don't recall seeing any froffys coming our way.........or an egg & bacon roll :P

Weylan please explain..........

Also Sparky good to see Mick doing his bit for the Port Huon Marina by dredging both sides of the entrance channel over the weekend. The antifouling on your keel shouldn't need a polish for a while....

Yes, several of the crew did their part to deepen the entrance.

Sudsy absolutely, positively, without a doubt assured me that we would have sufficient water if we stayed within a couple of metres of the green markers.

Evidently our boat must be a few inches deeper than the rest of it's sister fleet.

Coming in on Saturday morning after the Pipe Opener we trustingly followed the Sudser in his dinghy. Then his mobile rang and he started talking. Then he sort of wandered off course. We, of course, followed. That was the first time that we put Macca out on the boom. He's a powerful counterweight. I'm beginning to understand his real value on the boat :-)

Weyalan - I meant to come over to Insatiable and say hello. I probably said hello on the dock and just didn't realise it. Alcohol and a bad memory for faces can do that.

So I take it, it was a good one to miss?

The Friday night trip from Hobart to Port Huon started with very light wind. A few smart boats started in the right place, got away and kept going. The rest of us wallowed around for a while and finally got into some breeze.

The breeze picked up considerably in the D'Entrecasteux channel. We saw 30 knots briefly and 20-25 + for quite a while. Put up the trusty #5 without reefing the main and did well - it was comfortable. We passed a bunch of boats but not enough.

So to answer your question. The Friday night race was pretty good and a lot of fun. The Saturday race had very shifty and tricky winds. The Sunday race was a bit of a waste of time in my opinion. I really like light air sailing but sunday was too light for many people to enjoy (1-3.5 knots of breeze). Again - some people got all the decisions right, were always in the right place and benefited from their skill.

You would have enjoyed most of it. Especially all the great people you would have met on Saturday night. Maybe next year?

You should of been on the southern shore of the huon river........we stayed there all morning and finally got a bit of beer I mean wind and moved in the right direction.........

we were the splitter of the fleet!!!!!

HHAHA

Hello Everybody....

Fine Cotton is prepering to race in the RYC DIV 1 summer pennent!

any other boat of similar size thinking about coming out to play should!

You should of been on the southern shore of the huon river........we stayed there all morning and finally got a bit of beer I mean wind and moved in the right direction.........

It's a good thing you didn't have your tactician on board then snoopy. Only those who know nothing about the Huon River went to the southern (western) shore on Sunday. On Saturday we tried to second guess the river by tacking out from the shore on the last beat. The evil Huon River gods sucked us in with a few good lifts and by then it was too late. So on Sunday after our start I said to the boys (it was the only race in which we were sober cos Roddie worked out that one and a half slabs each is not enough for the weekend) that we're not going to get sucked in again. The northerly always drops out and it always fills in from the east. Except for Sunday!!! :(

Great weekend. Other highlights were being served beer by Sean Langman behind the bar (quite surreal really), and Dorge setting fire to his pubes after the nudey run (I didn't actually see that). He should market that as an alternative to the brazillian - singe the minge.

Call of the weekend (Dorge again), "Fuck sailing, I've got a property, let's go and shoot some feral cats!"

It's a good thing you didn't have your tactician on board then snoopy. Only those who know nothing about the Huon River went to the southern (western) shore on Sunday. On Saturday we tried to second guess the river by tacking out from the shore on the last beat. The evil Huon River gods sucked us in with a few good lifts and by then it was too late. So on Sunday after our start I said to the boys (it was the only race in which we were sober cos Roddie worked out that one and a half slabs each is not enough for the weekend) that we're not going to get sucked in again. The northerly always drops out and it always fills in from the east. Except for Sunday!!! :(

Great weekend. Other highlights were being served beer by Sean Langman behind the bar (quite surreal really), and Dorge setting fire to his pubes after the nudey run (I didn't actually see that). He should market that as an alternative to the brazillian - singe the minge.

Call of the weekend (Dorge again), "Fuck sailing, I've got a property, let's go and shoot some feral cats!"

Where did you store the slabs? Or did they go by road?

As for Roadkill, didn't I see some last week. So much I'm surprised there's anything left in Tassie.

There Should be a new rule for those who pull out of races before the time is up due to "light winds".........

maybe we could have a softness award for those boats who entered and failed to finish due to not liking light winds !!!

Maybe T shirts saying "I am Soft" until some one else shows soft tendencies then the shirt gets past on!!!!!

Please note: Gear breakage and injury are still good reasons to pull out of reaces that shows you are hard!!!.....

ALFie is hard......trimmed the kite all thorugh a race for the BYC Crown in a strong wind , we crossed the line in first place , then Alf died........but he got better..........