• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
K9u20

Older well known IOR Boats

2 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

I think @Flirt of paget needs a new boat project.

I have been there and talked to the current owners, it is my movies and I would be interested but current price is too high. She is, as far as I know from Facebook in a better mooring then the last few winters but she is in desperate need of a new owner with a lot of passion and whom would be willing to spend time and money

8 minutes ago, Flirt of paget said:

I have been there and talked to the current owners, it is my movies and I would be interested but current price is too high. She is, as far as I know from Facebook in a better mooring then the last few winters but she is in desperate need of a new owner with a lot of passion and whom would be willing to spend time and money

You would be the man for the job, that is for sure.

Did 1982 SORC on Flirt of Paget with Shorty and crew; good times !!  Crewed a bit later on the 48' Infinity, which BN Tony moved on to after Flirt.

2 hours ago, PJ_Tabarly said:

See if you recognize this one, hint SORC 1978.

Picture taken this week-end.

21994028_10210332049078915_7370755980951610593_o.jpg

Southern Star.

4 hours ago, sledracr said:

Man, I wish Geri Conser would post her archive somewhere.  what a treasure-trove that would be....

And Dick Foat's collection

1 hour ago, cameron said:

Image result for scaramouche sailboat

Where was that photo taken?   Looks familiar.

Plenty of old, interesting and familiar IOR boats in the video posted in this thread....

57 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Plenty of old, interesting and familiar IOR boats in the video posted in this thread....

Lordy, all those ior beach balls dighing holes in the water.  Don't miss those abominations one bit.

i miss them......great video.......Spinnakers on the Wind is another good one to watch....

On 9/25/2017 at 2:08 PM, Flirt of paget said:

Oh my God!!  I cannot believe you would want to tackle that after restoring Flirt!!  I have fond memories of the '82 SORC on Flirt!  Shorty let me steer a lot downwind, with the kite up, as I was better at surfing waves than some other crew....

On 2017-11-26 at 12:38 AM, billy backstay said:

Oh my God!!  I cannot believe you would want to tackle that after restoring Flirt!!  I have fond memories of the '82 SORC on Flirt!  Shorty let me steer a lot downwind, with the kite up, as I was better at surfing waves than some other crew....

Would love to get into a new project but it will be difficult to convince Maria... Looked at this potential jewel the other week, a Swan 42 one off, hull 000. Unfortunately she will not add much to what I already have accomplished with FOP so I have backed down on this one as well. Tigress is in a terrible state, FOP was "walk in the park" compared to this one. Moonduster is unfortunately going same way and current owners are not interested to talk other prices then their own. Money should go to the restoration not pay overprice for something most people would call a black hole. I do not restore boats for any other reason then passion and joy. //FOP

IMG_9686.JPG

IMG_9691.JPG

IMG_9697.JPG

IMG_9702.JPG

IMG_9712.JPG

I am looking for following yachts, some of them has been mentioned above but I would really like to learn more and see if some of them are around, if any of you guys could bring any light into their current location or contact details to the owners I would happy.

Midnight Sun, Ron Holland 40 ft,  Cold moulded 1977? Souters shipyard Cowes? 

Midnight Sun, Ron Holland 50ft built in aluminium 1979 at Royal Huisman in The Netherlands (last known to be in Antwerp, Belgium, same owner family as Born Free)

Born Free, Ron Holland 50 ft, Cold moulded as Flirt of Paget 1982-1984 (see above)

Retaliation, German Frers 51 ft built in aluminium 1982, (owned by Wictor Fors and named Carat, since then ???)

Artemis, Ron Holland 46 ft, material unknown, year 1981-1982, owned by Arthur Emil, ???

Seier, Ed Dubois 46 ft, composite?, owned by Paul Hanson, German flag??

Would be soooo nice to learn more about these great classic IOR racers and a lot of fun to bring them back to life if needed :rolleyes:

//FOP

I did Admiral's Cup 1981 on the 50 foot Midnight Sun with the French team, skippered by the wonderful Jean-Louis Fabri.  We won the Channel Race by miles, and on corrected time too. The light weather Fastnet killed us, as everyone re-started after the parking lot.  We finished second over the line, and placed I think 182nd on corrected time.

Also did the 1982 Sardinia Cup when she was chartered to the Papua New Guinea team.  Mixed result that time.  Lots of fun, though.

A truly great boat, and as for most Huisman builds, structurally excellent.  If you could find her, and do some basic restoration, I think she would be a great candidate, even after 37 years.  Ron Holland would be a good resource if you need help with specs, etc....  Happy to connect you if you're not already.

I currently own the 1978 Holland 40 Secret Affair.  Had the same paint job as IMP except done in orange.  She is very available to anyone who will take care of her as I have another boat. Price is right :) She is lying in Norwalk CT.

Also spent my youth Sailing on the 50ft Holland Midnight Sun when she was sailing on LIS in the 90's.  Loved that boat.

Hotspur 1.png

Hotspur 2.png

Hotspur 3.png

Hotspur 4.png