Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Nationals - Day 1

The wind is filling in, but it ain't going to be typical September conditions on the lake today. The forecast is a lot nicer for tomorrow, when a real front will come through with up to 15 knots, maybe more (please, god).

We're getting pics, and getting into the groove. We've got some of the Audi guys on board, kevin Thomas driving the gin palace, SA'er Lizard Fuel eating free food, and shife and Ziggy hanging out.

This ain't bad.

Thor moving in to be center boat.

For all you guys that haven't seen the SI, here's an idea...

Two RC boats for the start line, 3rd RC boat (us) in the middle. We've got the PRO on board, and we are running

the show.

Mark boat is calling wind at 220. I think our fisherman is gone.

Wow - god has listened, and the wind is picking up nicely!

8-10 at the moment, with all teams getting their rigs back to base, and the RC is re-setting. Fog is starting to clear as well.

Sorry, shife's not here - he'll be out tomorrow. Burnsy is, though - already on the sauce. Christine and Burnsy are our assistants for the day, and we're very grateful for their help. Man, I wish I was on Gill right about now, although I ain't bitchin. You guys are all at work!

I'm just that damn good.

No, I'm stuck in the office filing warranty claims until tomorrow afternoon. Still waiting to hear if the FIO call has been made yet.

I'm off to take a bit of video. Just to warn you guys, we're unlikely to do a great job on the first race - too much setting up and getting things straight. I'm guessing that they'll go for four today though, so that means three good races, and one with substandard coverage. Substandard for an internet forum...that's a new one.

I'm sitting here making sure Nuclear test fittings are available when the aircraft carrier Enterprise shows up in Feb. there is sooooooo much activity I can't contain myself

cool clean- nice job, I'd give my left nut to be there, it just wasn't in the cards-- how's the rev? are you guys going to try and stream it or post it later--

fuck I love that Audi R8-

Sorry, shife's not here - he'll be out tomorrow. Burnsy is, though - already on the sauce. Christine and Burnsy are our assistants for the day, and we're very grateful for their help. Man, I wish I was on Gill right about now, although I ain't bitchin. You guys are all at work!

Burnsey on the sauce already? Oh well, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

I'm going to be passing the keyboard to Ziggy in a sec so that I can shoot the start on video, so she'll give you the updates and tell you how the start goes. It's gorgeous, and so is she...be nice.

I'm going to be passing the keyboard to Ziggy in a sec so that I can shoot the start on video, so she'll give you the updates and tell you how the start goes. It's gorgeous, and so is she...be nice.

yeah with video and still cameras - let's see her!

3 minutes... big time right favoring of the line. Such a big favoring it could be abandoned. Its gonna be a shit fight.

The wind has gone way right. There are NO boats on the port side of the line. Inside 1 and a half minutes. Gonna be 4 rows on the start.

Flyer and Team Satisfaction won the port and both look blazing fast!

Not resetting the line. 'I' flag up.

Individual recall: 16, 49, 27, others

Right side of the fleet now heading port.

9-10 kts, scattered whitecaps forming.

White caps appearing. Weather gettin better! Right side of the line is still favored.

39-Silver hasnt cleared. Neither has 27 - Moxie

general recall on start.

Second start had about 7 over early... 2 did not clear as of now. Rest of fleet off. Winds picking up

Correction it was 49-Uri. Hes the guy who punched out his tactician at the NOODS

Amazingly for a friday, there are at least 15 to 20 spectator boats out here.

First oops of the day. We just got bitched out for too much wake. No I wasn't driving.

Right side ended up favored, tacking on oscillations.

3rd Lightwave Nano 513, 4th pied piper, 5th sweaty betty, Pod in 6th, satisfaction 7th

Rumblur and Hoodlum near the middle of the pack at the rounding.

36 Rock and Roll stalled at the rounding with a kite hoist problem.

can't give you that info as of now, and odds are I'll give you bow numbers so you'll have to go to YC to get the name of the boat.

Right now we're putting out a yellow mark to extend the course. Right now leg one took the leader 12 minutes to get through.

Amazingly for a friday, there are at least 15 to 20 spectator boats out here.

Amazing for the unexpecting, there are 55 sailboats out on a friday.

I am sure for the average fisherman, it is quite a spectical.

Kudos to all on such great coverage!!!

Last 5: Full Throttle, Flyer, Sand Taco, moXie, CAN 004

Didn't see Padawan3, must be in the middle of the action.

Passin the computer over to Mer so she can download some pics for you all. Burnsy will keep you posted on the happenings.

Last 5: Full Throttle, Flyer, Sand Taco, moXie, CAN 004

Didn't see Padawan3, must be in the middle of the action.

umm did you just say FT is in the last 5 :blink:

SCRATCH SHEET

Compare bow numbers above.

Go to www.yachtscoring.com for even faster results than we can get up here.

umm did you just say FT is in the last 5 :blink:

I believe they were OCS. OCS + short races= very hard to come back, no matter how good you are.

Fleet leaders are really stretching out.

Alan Field has extended his lead by at least 30 boat lenghts on the rest of the fleet and is about 3/4 of the way down the 3rd leg.

a 20 degree left shift just came in and whole bunch of boats are now back in the game

Correction it was 49-Uri. Hes the guy who punched out his tactician at the NOODS

He is also famous in the J24 class for hitting everything on the race course including the Class president 3 times in one season

He' s a real ace!

1st boat around with their kite this time is 54-WTF folllwed by Pied Piper Gannet LightwaveNano, then lightwaveMirco, then sweaty betty, Im With Stupid, USA511, Bullseye. BrettWalda. Flying Toaster, Team Satisfaction, Blur, Maryanne, 12 happy thoughts, Hoodlum, USA175, Silver, Rosebud, ZigZag, Tamarack RAcing, Lamorak, DifDat, El Matador, Rumblur, Tramp, Rock and Roll, Full Throdle, Risky Business, Russler, To the Max, Mustang, Cujo, FU, Tiburon, Timarity, Underdog, The Drive, Hermes, Rapid Sequence, Team Gill, Gazoo, VApor Trail, Katawampos, Flyer, Padawan 3, Building Speed, Evolution, USA 397, (little break in the action.....) Sand Taco (not to be confused with fish taco..) Moxie, CAN 004 Ta Da

Flying Toaster came out of way back.

RJ where are you, finishes?

We were at the top mark. Please direct all bitching about no finish at Rob-John. I've got an address & cell phone if you really want to give him a piece of your mind.

Connections can be spotty out here.

1.25 mile legs, next warning in a few minutes. 4 legs. Bearing 215

5 min gun. Results coming up on yachtscoring for 1st race.

Breeze is good, I'd be surprised if they get in less than 4.

Lots of pics coming, we're working on it.

1 minute. boats at midline are pretty early.

Ind. Recall: 2, 47, 33, 31, 29, 13, 41, 8, 48, 15, 33, 3, 42

Bow 26 in front. Rumblur good start.

1 minute. boats at midline are pretty early.

Ind. Recall: 2, 47, 33, 31, 29, 13, 41, 8, 48, 15, 33, 3

was #33 OCS twice?

JK

Actually they were OCS 4 times, but they cleared themselves twice already.

We are covering the gate.

Breeze down just slightly. ~ 10 kts.

C&C - Number 3.

Noticed the sailing world's biggest asshole , Pod, is sailing #511 . Will someone go over and punch him in the nuts ? And then post the names of the mercenary douchbags that are sailing with him.

Hoodlum wins the first leg!

Lengthening to 1.35 legs, same bearing 215. Gates is ~ 255 ft.

Couple lasers out spectating. Hoodlum gybes to port, other leaders splitting boards now.

Near everyone on port.

Fuck we're having some serious problems uploading video. Going to have to youtube it. Stay tuned.

....And then post the names of the mercenary douchbags that are sailing with him.

Don't you think he'll have their names on the trophy along with his?

Or name them in the lawsuit if he doesn't win! Winever

3/4 down the leg, leaders appear to be changing on the run.

Full Throttle taken the lead.

It's pretty wild to see this many Melgi on Lake St. Clair. You'll all see it shortly - promise!

It looks like my good pals on Team Gill had a bit of a shocker for Race 1. Judging from the big yellow kite I see up front, they're ok this race. Hopefully that's their yellow kite.

Videos uploading to youtube as we speak.

1st to round is Full Throdle, Hoodlum, Rosebud, Gannet, Lighwave Nano, Marianne, DivDat, Brett Walda, 511, Rock n Roll, WTF, Team Satisfaction, Hermes, 175, 12happythoughts, Mustang, The Drive.... then a zillion boats rounding at the same time....

Goddamn dealer connect website just took a shit on me, so I might as well sit here and fantasize about racing. Fuckin work...

Big separation up the leg so far. Sand Taco stalling at the rounding - SLOW kite take down. Last rounders: Padawan3 (Bit of trouble with their take down), Team Gill, Lamorak, Tamarack

3 boats not in the results so far...

1, 19 & 32

anyone know why?

A few boats were no shows.

"Videos uploading to youtube as we speak. "

Clean, how about a linky

Well????????? Linky?????

If you go to our youtube account, you can see them as they go up. They're just taking forever. The account is Blocksail.

ZiggyAndRolo here, I've hijacked the computer cause I can type faster ;-) Hoodlum was 3 around the mark down there... They are headed our way!

If any potential sponsor is watching this, here's a plea: It won't cost that much to get the right equipment to do a completely sick job of this kind of thing. We're almost there. With three laptops set up, one to post videos and pics, one to post text, and one to edit pics before they go up, we can do it all. PM me if it sounds interesting, just don't be surprised if it takes a few days to get back to you. KW '08 anyone?

Finish: Full Throdle, Rose Bud, Hoodlum,

Its gonna be sick battle coming up here to the finish..... 4th place goes to DivDat, Lightwave Nano, WTF, Gannet, Lighwave Micro, USA511, Rock n Roll, Marianne, Brett Walda, Mustang, Bullseye, The Drive, Sweaty Betty, Flyer, 12Happythoughts, 175, Im with stupid, Satisfaction, Flying Toaster, Pied Piper, Moxie, FU, Hermes, Gazoo, Vapor Trail, Tramp, Timerity, blur, 2 more.... , to the max, Cujo, Tiburon, Team Gill, Rapid Sequence, Catawampas, Rumblur, Risky Business, (these are unoffical by the way...) Rustler and 397 and CAN004 after doing their 720 at the finish.

See yachtscoring.com for the real schtick.