Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Nationals - Day 1

Race 3 is almost underway. More pics comin. Wind is settled in at 8-10, but still quite shifty - look for ND (Hoodlum) to own his lake, and Flyer is due for a good one.

Sister Clean just waved hello to me, and to all of you. GO Dickie!

Line is very square after the reset, I flag over Z flag - which should be the standard. The current is kicking pretty hard too, around a knot.

Race 3 is almost underway. More pics comin. Wind is settled in at 8-10, but still quite shifty - look for ND (Hoodlum) to own his lake, and Flyer is due for a good one.

His lake? Did he buy it with the pile of cash he stands on so he can see over the bar?

Just kiddin.. Kick some ass ND.

Middle left is where the money seems to be, Ullman and Bora are dead on the middle boat, Flyer to leeward. Shift-playing will win this race. Massive pileup at the leeward end now. START!

Ullman, Flyer, and Team Gill are squrted out in the middle. Team Gill just talked away, unable to hold his lane on WTF. Simon's just got no boatspeed.

Rosebud and Flyer are still headed out to the left along with the rest of the fleet, but the boats on the left are starting to wind up a bit. Breeze building along the center. Just saw a big breeze line just coming in off the US shore.

Marty Jensen on Moxie is bow out and just straight up flying. This ain't no rock star, folks, but he's running away up the first leg.

Wind is up to 15 or so in the puffs. The guys who went right on the first beat made out like gangbusters, with the pressure filling in from the right. Big mix-up this race. First rounding ahead.

We've got 16 spectator boats on the course, not bad for a Detroit Friday. Can one of you please look and see if Peggy Walsh wrote an article in the Free Press sports section on us today? Linky if you got it. Thanks.

4z1xdz9.jpg

Sorry the pics don't correspond to the posts, but we've got temporal issues...

Gill and Flyer batling for the lead at the moment, with Ullman WAY over in canada. Don't know what he saw, but he is 15 boatlengths to the right of anyone on the coursee.

This is getting crazy...full planing on the left side of the course, while the rest of the fleet is soaking deep. Ullman just lost his lead, with Gill right behind. Gill just gybed over behind. Lightwave Nano in the lead, with Full throttle here as well.

First Leeward

Nano

FT

Tamarack

Rosebud

WTF

Gill Blur

Lamorak

Flyer

Moxie

47 14 33 34 17 55 6 15.

Hoodlum is buried. 33 and 06 just hit pretty hard.

Quote from the RC boat "That's just gotta be the waves."

Mark Boat: "Some words exchanged too"

RC "That'll just be affirmation and encouragement."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

First Leeward

Nano

FT

Tamarack

Rosebud

WTF

Gill Blur

Lamorak

Flyer

Moxie

47 14 33 34 17 55 6 15.

Hoodlum is buried. 33 and 06 just hit pretty hard.

Quote from the RC boat "That's just gotta be the waves."

Mark Boat: "Some words exchanged too"

RC "That'll just be affirmation and encouragement."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comon Hoodlum....get the lead out!

Second Top Mark -

Ullman

Lightwave

Lightwave

Gill

Throttle

Some more...

Moxie

Fu

Full planing for some of the boats when the puffs hit. Picture perfect conditions for Day 1, on a Friday forecast to have almost no wind. That's why they call it Lake St. Stupid, I guess - and it's nice for it to be stupid in a good way for a change!

Go the Gill!

Nixon isn't here. He was supposed to be in Europe, but that fell through. I got an email from him this morning. "We've got a solid team for Fall Flail and Kings Day, see ya there."

Field is battling with Stauss for fourth at the moment.

finish boat set for the last leg of race 3, final race of the day.

This ended up being a 5 leg race... was supposed to get everyone home faster... HA, that didn't work out as planned.

There are so many lead changes downwind in these conditions. One little personal puff can mean the difference between 8 knots and 11 knots - which is pushing the puffee past boats like crazy. Leaders around the leeward mark and on their way back upwind.

The leaders are rounding the bottom mark now - can't really see from here at the finish.

Well, don't keep us in suspense bro! This is more suspenseful than listening to the America's Cup e-cast on dail-up. :wacko:

Alright - we're going to have to upload the video on shore - now that we're all the way up by the Canadian shore, our service is a bit...well..flaky. Our driver just said "everything gets a little flaky in Canada"

Finishes ahead.

Finishes coming on now.

Full Throttle (jesus!

Lightwave Nano (just a few inches ahead of)

Ullman

WTF

Team Gill

Flying Toaster

Missed a couple...

Fu

Zig Zag

Rock n Roll

Flyer

Gannet

DivDat

Marianne

Not in the best order. My assistants are all going A.D.D. after a long day of staring at sails.

Awesome job today by Full Throttle, with a great effort by Alan Field and lots of others. We're headed to the View to get everything don the computer. What a day!

Alright - we're going to have to upload the video on shore - now that we're all the way up by the Canadian shore, our service is a bit...well..flaky. Our driver just said "everything gets a little flaky in Canada"

Finishes ahead.

[/quote

hey..........HEY!

not everything

At this very instant, it looks like you decided to start the scoring, but then go drink beer!!! lol

Nice work getting these up so timely.

Seems funny to be able to see the scores as they go up - it allows the user to see the scores before you have put them all in.....

At this very instant, it looks like you decided to start the scoring, but then go drink beer!!! lol

Nice work getting these up so timely.

Seems funny to be able to see the scores as they go up - it allows the user to see the scores before you have put them all in.....

I'm on the water in the RC boat, so as soon as they hand me the sheets, I put the scores up.

I hope this kinda demonstrates the power of this scoring system, AND above all the power of having an aircard

and laptop on the water.... BYC... man up and buy a card. I already offered a laptop for BYC's use anytime.

'International Accolades' will be served from the Burns-O-Matic 76 tomorrow evening. When you see a sign hanging from the back of HeatWave, you'll know it's time.

Note: We reserve the right to decide who gets accolades and who doesn't. This is a private club after all.

Lost our second computer w/ aircard after race 2. I was relegated to videoBoy. Dark & OJ time.

Tomorrow's FORECAST

More FORECAST STUFF

And kudos to ZiggyNRolo for subbing as MRClean & getting roundings straight!

When you see a sign hanging from the back of HeatWave, you'll know it's time.

Or look for the anchor light. Or a crowd of drunks with cold headaches. Or a trail of jello shots and rumballs.

Hey BYC - I agree we need some club aircard(s). Por Favor.

Or look for the anchor light. Or a crowd of drunks with cold headaches. Or a trail of jello shots and rumballs.

Hey BYC - I agree we need some club aircard(s). Por Favor.

No, Burnsy. I actually made a sign. I somehow locked myself out of my warranty submission program until tomorrow, and I got a little bored.

Wow!

Enough said. I'm just getting cleaned up before we venture out and about in the D. But, here is our take on a great event.

Race #1: Got bumped at at leeward gate rounding by Team Gill. Suppose they were a bit upset that I stole their star supporter (Sis Clean) for crew.

Race #2: Found that we were OCS, and forgot that we needed to round the boat on port in order to be clear... so, back we go for a second attempt at clearing the line. So, more time to sail our boat, I guess. We rounded the first mark in last fucking place, and then went to work. We counted ten boats behind us at the first leeward mark rounding, and felt excellent. That was our first victory of the day.

Race #3: Told myself of one golden rule while I was here.... no hitting the port layline, only to find little room later when I really needed it (you know... two length circle at the windward mark). I violated this rule once, and it took our nice upper half race, and turned it into a few circles, and a low-totem pole finish. Still learning.

We had a great race... it was great to start with such a large fleet, and I'm still a learner.... but, we are on the line at the start... just having an issue getting 'fast' off the line. I'm getting dumped out of the back of the fleet faster than the corn and peanuts in my poop. We are getting up and down the lake and having a blast. We feel great downwind, and need some rig tune for some upwind improvement.

Serious thanks to Sister Clean for helping us out. She's most excellent.

We are having a great time, and I know that while we aren't in the upper tier of the pack, we'll be there some day.

Padawan Learner, out.

DG

Wow!

Enough said. I'm just getting cleaned up before we venture out and about in the D. But, here is our take on a great event.

Race #1: Got bumped at at leeward gate rounding by Team Gill. Suppose they were a bit upset that I stole their star supporter (Sis Clean) for crew.

Race #2: Found that we were OCS, and forgot that we needed to round the boat on port in order to be clear... so, back we go for a second attempt at clearing the line. So, more time to sail our boat, I guess. We rounded the first mark in last fucking place, and then went to work. We counted ten boats behind us at the first leeward mark rounding, and felt excellent. That was our first victory of the day.

Race #3: Told myself of one golden rule while I was here.... no hitting the port layline, only to find little room later when I really needed it (you know... two length circle at the windward mark). I violated this rule once, and it took our nice upper half race, and turned it into a few circles, and a low-totem pole finish. Still learning.

We had a great race... it was great to start with such a large fleet, and I'm still a learner.... but, we are on the line at the start... just having an issue getting 'fast' off the line. I'm getting dumped out of the back of the fleet faster than the corn and peanuts in my poop. We are getting up and down the lake and having a blast. We feel great downwind, and need some rig tune for some upwind improvement.

Serious thanks to Sister Clean for helping us out. She's most excellent.

We are having a great time, and I know that while we aren't in the upper tier of the pack, we'll be there some day.

Padawan Learner, out.

DG

Good stuff, Dickie. Seek us out tomorrow. Your excellent attitude is certainly deserving of some icy cold accolades.

Where's my local boys Team Satisfaction?

Chikinship241,

All the Georgia boys did well! Hermes actually finished (cummulative) in front of Lamorak!

Team Satisfaction 31st

Hermes 34th

and Lamorak 38th!

Signed,

Kudzu Queen! Go Hermes!

Doh... that was you??? the red 27 boat. :) We had an interesting time watching you... I ended up going down

below and someone said you not only cleared yourself, you went around the boat again, just to make sure. :lol:

I will not be down for Saturdays racing events, but you can bet that I will be down for the drinking afterward.

Chikinship241,

All the Georgia boys did well! Hermes actually finished (cummulative) in front of Lamorak!

Team Satisfaction 31st

Hermes 34th

and Lamorak 38th!

Signed,

Kudzu Queen! Go Hermes!

Good to see the Georgia boys holding there own! How about Herpes Hermes! :P Way to go.

Two things...

cool clean- nice job, I'd give my left nut to be there

What would yo do for the right?

fuck I love that Audi R8-

Sorry, get on the waiting list. I claimed that one when they pulled in Awesome! And glad to have Audi as part of our event.

LZ

Doh... that was you??? the red 27 boat. :)

Nopie... that was Moxie during race #1.

We decided that it was best to clear the line two different ways, also..... however, we did it during race #2. Must be a Lake Charlevoix thing, since Moxie and I sail against each other on Wed. nights.

We just like 'making sure'. It's like checking the door lock 10 times, or flipping the light switch on/of 15 times before you leave the room. Just an OCD thing, I guess.

On to day #2.

DG

Headed down to the club in a few, going to try to post these damned videos that Burnsy took. L_Z is letting us steal his laptop today, so we'll have two web-ready computers on the gin palace. Who's coming to help out?

I'm going to open up the Day 2 thread now. Please feel free to post your own links to weather, etc. I'll stick up some pics/video in this thread later.

Also, check the event website. There should be some really good stuff up there by tonight. If it's not there, check out www.penaltyboxproductions.com or www.headinjurymedia.com for it. Completely new kind of shit if we can pull it off.

Thanks again, and extra thanks to RejeX and CorrosionX for kicking ass with their support. We'll be giving out tons of RejeX tonight to prize winners, as well as loads of SA shwag that the Ed kindly send after Mer asked him in her best "little girl" voice. He resisted about as well as I do.