Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Nationals Day 2

It's 0655, and I didn't get nearly enough sleep. Our predictions were pretty good, but after the 1,2 spot it's wide open. With 52 boats, one bad race will send you backward in a hurry.

3 races in, 3 to go until the throwout comes in, 2 more is max for the series.

Join us!

If anyone wants to do a little weather analysis, we'd appreciate it. I'm listening to my father in law interviewing ND right now on 760 WJR - there's a listen live link!

He sounds like he's gotten less sleep than me.

What I'm seeing right now is starting out at WSW at 8-10 (8AM), clocking to WNW by 10AM but holding in the 8-10 range. By noon it should go to NNW, stil 8-10. After that it starts to lighten up, direction is pretty consistent out of NNW but velocity drops to the 5-6 range (2PM). It coulst start to fill back in after that 7-8 out of the NW for the rest of the afternoon.

Summary: Good wind 8-10, clocking from WSW to NNW until about 2ish and then dying slowly.

Clean and the crew - thanks for the live coverage, great job..!!

I sure hope someone ponies up the sponsorship before KWRW - there are streaming places out there for a few hundred bucks per event and we could have a "real" live SA webcast. HD cam on boat - hipo wifi to shore, hard link to net on shore, to streaming host. Not hard at all or too expensive....

Pics and stories from the first night party please....

Thanks for the weather report, Carerra. We're seeing more than 8-10 right now, maybe 14 out on the lake. We're just loading up the boat now.

Check out Petey's video from day 1. I sound like a douchebag, but the video's nice.

First start is minutes away. The entire fleet had a nice little practice start with a general recall. Lightwave caught the starboard line boat's anchor line. Hardesty yelled up to Mer, who's on the hard top above the bridge-deck shooting pics of their fuck-up: "Oh how we love Sailing Anarchy!"

You're right, you do sound like a douchebag....

Awesome job yesterday!! That was a lot of fun watching it all go down. Keep up the great work.

Tell Petey he's a fuckwad for me.

I over Z flag, warning down. It's blowing 12 knots from the NNW.

Wow - Fu was off to the races until they were called OCS, and with the Z flag flying that means instant 20%. They cam eback and went off to the far right corner.

Anarchist bgulari and Flyer is well in the lead right now, with Ullman having a third row start at the boat. So aggressive, this bunch. RIght side with more pressure.

Boats are around the top mark, and Mer's downloading pics from the start. Flyer is around 8th, Hoodlum is in maybe 10th. Breeze is holding. Cujo is mixing it up - go MadDog...he had a come to god meeting with oneguyfrondetroit last night - let's see if he can hold it.

Gannet (Othmar) is in the lead at the first leeward mark, but it looks like Full Throttle might be about to take him out. NO, Othmar tkae shis room coming in on port, holds the inside and rounds just ahead of porter.

With the Southeast taking the next two, Blur and Satisfaction.

Then Lamorak,

Flyer

Gazoo

2th' Max

Sweaty Betty

The Drive

Ivey

Hardesty

USA 175

Hoodlum

Rosebud

Cujo

Rozelle (Rusltler)

DivDat racing

Tramp

RockNRoll

Bretwalda

WTF way back here with Team GIll...damn guys com on. My sister rounded ahead of her boyfriend, with Padawan about 35th and Gill closer to 39th.

WTF way back here with Team GIll...damn guys com on. My sister rounded ahead of her boyfriend, with Padawan about 35th and Gill closer to 39th.

Go Padawan! Dickie struggles without a wheel....

Wow - Othmar lost the lead to throttle, but from here at the finish it looks like they are just inches apart at the first downwind cross!

Orphan is going to give you the finishes - I got shanghaid by L_Z and have to do the official scoring on yachtscoring.com

This is a real match race to the finish for Porter and Blumencron. Matching each other gybe fo rgybe. Great shit.

6fjv6rs.jpg

Good stuff!

What's the story with guy in the water? Time for refreshing Lk St. Stupid swim?

Man, Othmar just drove up on FT's hip, trying to sail around him. No luck.

6h7md0y.jpg

4xl4zdc.jpg

Good stuff!

What's the story with guy in the water? Time for refreshing Lk St. Stupid swim?

That's the leader of the event, catching the anchor line of the RC boat.

Wow - 6 boats overlapped at the finish. Fu with a ridiculous comeback from DFL to the top 12-ish.

Race 4 Results:

1. Full Throttle

2. Gannet

3. 2 th' max

3. Flayer

4. Lamorak

5. Blur

6. Rosebud

7. Lightwave Micro

8. Sweaty Betty

9. Hoodlum

10. Lightwave Nano

11. Satisfaction

12. RumBlur

13. Fu

14. Tramp

2 Th'Max (anarchists) with an awesome finish in 3rd.

That really was a super-tight finish. Three separate groups finishing overlapped with 5 -6 boats in each, and the leaders only a couple of seconds apart. Team Gill with another shocker...there goes the great throwout, now they've got another bad one. Maybe Simon misses me right now...

Results just posted on YS. Things are mixing up nicely. Instead of the dying breeze forecasted, we're seeing puffs to 15. Yeeha!

Start of race 2 is done, with Ullman having the best start of the series so far. A good boatlength in front of the entire fleet, with throttle in his bad air. Hulsey won the boat nicely, and the right-most boats got a nice life, with Dow going fast after tacking over for clear air. This is just a perrect day, with 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Rodney Powerboater just steamed right through the entire fleet in a 50 footer going 10 knots. NICE.

what was the story with the redress for Team Gill in the 2nd race?
Gill was called OCS and lost a hird of a leg returning to the start. Two witnesses from other boats supported them, and they've been given an average for the race. Would have been great as they had a 30-something that will go away with the drop, but they just had another horror show. We'll see wwhat happens here at the top mark. Got loads of pics loading in...

Right paid huge! MoXie is in the top few, with Mike Dow in the lead...Go the toaster!

Have Mer take a couple pics of 12 happy thoughts they are the only PNW boat representing.

Go Dave!

jibeset

Well... at my friends brewing beer, or out on the water scoring and watching you guys race.

Way to give me a shitty choice. Well, you know where I'm at. I'll be back on the water scoring sunday,

go Michigan boats, and way to come back Hoodlum.

Kick pod's ass.

Speaking of pod, I didn't see him at the party last night... was there a special room for him and his team?

Roundings -

Toaster

Lamorak

Moxie

Underdog!!!

Marianne (Vince Brun)

Blur

Pdawan!!!

Hoodlum

Gannet

Cujo

Flyer

WTF

Rosebud

Fu

Rustler

El Matador

Bullseye

This is ridiculous! A total underdogs race, witht he locals kicking some tale on the big rightie. Fucking A go boys (and sis clean)

Here are Mer's pics from the start of Race 5. More pics of Race 4 to follow.

Just so you unregistered readers know - if you register, you can see thumbnails of each of the pics instead of just filenames.

Hey Clive, you shoulda been here (see ya lurking)

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

IMG_1762.JPG

Leaders have rounded the bottom mark, and are back over on the right. Poor Gill went way left (same side) going down and got killed. Wind is getting much lighter now, and startging to see some patches develop. Holes in the lake...

Just so you unregistered readers know - if you register, you can see thumbnails of each of the pics instead of just filenames.

Hey, Clean. I'm logged in, and a bunch of the pics are just coming up as filenames. Put down the vodka tonic and fix yer shit.

pics are not uploading....

jibeset

Negative, Clean. I still need to clicky.

Leaders coming into the top mark.

Oh boy..you guys are gonna love this.

POD is in the lead.

Leaders coming into the top mark.

Oh boy..you guys are gonna love this.

POD is in the lead.

Somebody.....please do something!

Gannet

Lamorak

Toaster

Hoodlum

WTF

Blur

Moxie

Marianne

Rosebud

Cujo

Padawan

Bullseye

We're headed to the finish.

Wish I could be there. Just sold and delivered boat to Santa Barbara. in anticipation of arrival of FT10. Great job am going to be lurking all weekend.

Hey Clean fix the pics.....

jibeset

Somebody.....please do something!

No, he's miles ahead right now. Not sure what happened, but no matter what you can't discount Max's skill.

So, just what is a "POD"??

Here we go again. Please refer to my sig line.

No, he's miles ahead right now. Not sure what happened, but no matter what you can't discount Max's skill.

Mad skills, eh!

Two massive surprises today: Argyle Campbell is a backmarker. I never thought I'd see the day. The other is the speed and consistency of my old ride, Cujo. Last night, over the Cujo punch that was rolling down the ice luge (with M-24 logo), Greg asked me what I thought was wrong. I told him, "Tim (oneguy) is a better sailor than you'll ever be. Don't argue with him, don't debate with him, don't even look at what he's telling you about. Just fucking drive, and you'll do great."

Apparenly he listened. Go the big dog!

Finishes here...

POS

Gannet

Lamorak

Toaster

Hoodlum

WTF

Moxie

Blur

Marianne

Rosebud

Big gap until the next ones.

Poor Greg, leading this pack, is giving away his lead.

Rustler just overtook him

Lightwave Nano

Bullseye

Cujo

El Matador

Sweaty Betty

Fu

A few more, and Flyer

12 happy thoughts

No idea of the order of most of those, we'll have to look at Mer's pics in a few.

So much position changing there. Crazy race.

Even though I'm on land, I'm out to help ya all.

After a few cutouts, dead drops, a carrier pidgeon, and even a sky writer, the scores are finally in my

grubby hands and I will start to post now.

Some delays going on right now as the wind is finally giving in to the forecast. We're seeing the breeze at around 310, down to 7 or so. All the racers are spinning off their shrouds and raking the rigs forward. Lake St. Stupid is back.

Our Cappy, Kevin Thompson, said that when the breeze goes around to the north like this, it's usually going to keep increasing - but that's not happening. Down to 6!

Just did some quick math... Team Gil is down a few places. I will correct their score when we get the final race in for the day,

but right now their redress score is at 30 now.

More pics loading as the third start just went off. Cujo and Dow won the boat end, but Hoodlum is out in the middle in total control. Wind pikced up slightly. Cujo has some great speed.

no pics yet.

man i sure wish i was there. i was supposed to go but ended up breaking my ankle. sitting here in NC with my foot proped up wishing i was there. go Lamorak!, Satisfaction, and Hermes - all boats from LLSC. Also nice job Blur. bring something home for us SE sailors.

More

More Race 4 Pics.

More

Attached File(s)

Attached File IMG_1597.JPG ( 84.17k ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File IMG_1600.JPG ( 108.16k ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File IMG_1650.JPG ( 116.88k ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File IMG_1620.JPG ( 62.05k ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File IMG_1623.JPG ( 102.6k ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File IMG_1621.JPG ( 124.08k ) Number of downloads: 0

These are not working

Looking at the results, when the drop comes in, Full Throttle is going to be way ahead of the fleet and nearly untouchable. WTF will be right with them. Good for Gannet, though. Othmar is sailing really well.

Clean.... we don't have permission to look at the pictures!

DaveK

Shit. Let me call the Dawg.

Can't seem to catch Dawg or the Ed right now. I'll keep trying. Sorry guys, the pics are awesome - just check back. I'm going to post the new ones on a web host and link them or something.

Looking at the results, when the drop comes in, Full Throttle is going to be way ahead of the fleet and nearly untouchable. WTF will be right with them. Good for Gannet, though. Othmar is sailing really well.

Actually, with 5 races done and a drop factored it is:

Gannet 14

WTF 17

FT 18

L Nano 20

Rosebud 22

L Micro 27

Hoodlum 33

Blur 36

F Toaster 38

Still a lot of changes possible

Shouldn't it be IF the drop comes in?? I thought we had to have a certain number of races.

It'll really help me if you guys will post right after I post these pics. If there is no break in between my posts, it won't let me put up more than two pics. Thanks.

4lqjpud.jpg

4lqjpud.jpg

Down with POD!!!!

I wonder how much I'd have to pay Jerome to give POD a "You gone! You outta here!"

Shouldn't it be IF the drop comes in?? I thought we had to have a certain number of races.

Max of eight races over 3 days. 6 races gets you one throw out. One more race, either Sat or Sun and there will be a throw-out.

Race 6 bottom mark was fun, with Throttle in the lead.

Rosebud just behind, and the tacked away to the right to get away from the mass of downwind boats that Throttle had to go below.

Marianne

Flyer

Gill

Betty

Bullseye

Tramp

POD

Nano

Fu

Building Speed

Hoodlum

The drop will be automatically calculated at the end of this race.

Throttle is well in the lead now, not far from the finish. The RC looks like they're setting up for another race. Wind picked up a bit, back to 8 or 9 knots.

Fu and Gill are really in a battle, and they just split about 300 yards from the finish.

Finish, Race 6:

Throttle

Rosebud

Marianne

Flyer

And then a massive shitfight.

Just talked to the Ed - he's gonna fix the problem so you can all check out the dozens of pics above.

After Flyer was Rock N Roll, Fu,one other boat, and Gill.

4tav6td.jpg

4u2x06t.jpg

Mer just jumped off Masquerade so she can get to shore and post the pics in a Picasa album for y'all. RC is now discussing whether to hold another race. I say do it. Tomorrow's forecast is hot and light, and we've got plenty of time to drink all night at BYC now that we're no longer the riffraff that we were last night.

I just posted something to youtube, but have no idea what it is. Something Burnsy shot yesterday - maybe we'll get lucky and he was shooting Ziggy in the head...that didn't sound right. How about "shooting Ziggy in the shitter."

PRO Rumptz just announced that he was going to get another one going. Awesome. 8-10 knots out of 310, with decently big shifts of 15-30 degrees.

Shife - everyone will be ready for drinks by the time you get the BOM ready for action. What a beauty of a day.

Can you guys keep checking the pics? I know the Ed is working on it, and you really do wanna see 'em.