• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NyJboat

Manhasset Bay Fall

Great regatta, I remember a number of years back we brought in a J39 in from Cleveland. Camped in the RV and the dinghy garages at the Manhassett YC, beautful place, there was this butler kinda guy following us around. I think he thought we were going to steal the furniture. One of the crew asks where to buy the t-shirts, butler guy replies: oh, t-shirts...... what a good idea.

Great regatta, I remember a number of years back we brought in a J39 in from Cleveland. Camped in the RV and the dinghy garages at the Manhassett YC, beautful place, there was this butler kinda guy following us around. I think he thought we were going to steal the furniture. One of the crew asks where to buy the t-shirts, butler guy replies: oh, t-shirts...... what a good idea.

But they do have what counts - free beer and food. Great regatta, wouldnt miss it.

But they do have what counts - free beer and food. Great regatta, wouldnt miss it.

Was a great regatta, just the commute was a bit of a pain.

You betcha! Match racing Hustler two weekends in a row? Priceless. :ph34r:

You've got your goals set pretty high

You should get by Chaika before coming after us

Just call me "Team China". And don't forget... we have a hostage. :P

Just call me "Team China". And don't forget... we have a hostage. :P

NICE!

It will be a fun time

You're assuming Chaika will be in our zipcode.

Irish Coffees, Dark N' Stormy's, Bratworst and Krout...what else could you want from a regatta!!

Irish Coffees, Dark N' Stormy's, Bratworst and Krout...what else could you want from a regatta!!

To bad your cleansing!

To bad your cleansing!

I know! As long as you enjoy it then I'll be a happy sailor.

Bloody Mary's to cure the hangover !

Nah, thats what the Heineken on the way out to the race course is for. Nothing like killing hangovers with more booze.

Nah, thats what the Heineken on the way out to the race course is for. Nothing like killing hangovers with more booze.

The Dogs like turing the LYC dock into a Bloody Mary drive-thu while waiting for the wind to fill in.

I love vitamin H in the morning!

I just looked at the NOR--they intend (weather permitting) to send us around government marks (circa 1990) on either the first Sunday or the second Saturday of the series! Just like the old days--the "christmas tree" of red and green placards designating the marks to be rounded.

I haven't sailed races like that in years. Annapolis sailors take heed--"old school" racing coming to a venue near you

I just looked at the NOR--they intend (weather permitting) to send us around government marks (circa 1990) on either the first Sunday or the second Saturday of the series! Just like the old days--the "christmas tree" of red and green placards designating the marks to be rounded.

I haven't sailed races like that in years. Annapolis sailors take heed--"old school" racing coming to a venue near you

I'll start checking EBay now for Starcut kites! :o:lol:

I just looked at the NOR--they intend (weather permitting) to send us around government marks (circa 1990) on either the first Sunday or the second Saturday of the series!

Even more interesting, when you register online they give the opportunity to vote on your preference regarding the gov't marks racing. The choices (paraphrased) are Yes, No and Whatever. Seriously.

Whatever.

Even more interesting, when you register online they give the opportunity to vote on your preference regarding the gov't marks racing. The choices (paraphrased) are Yes, No and Whatever. Seriously.

Whatever.

so you voted for "whatever" right Todd??

Was I that obvious? ;)

I think that kind of course will be fun for a change---need to do a little navigating--read a chart. Maybe they will do a real "throwback" race and make us finish up the bay in front of the mooring field. We used to call Manhasset Bay itself the "equalizer"--no matter how big a lead you might have--everyone would bunch up in the bay and the race would start over again for the last 3/4 mile.

Interesting about the govt marks thing, that should be a fun change of pace. One thing to note though, the first weekend is supposed to be the J-105 East Coast Championships - wonder how the fleet will react if one of those days is sailed around govt marks, or will the 105's be seperate? And please, lets not turn this into yet another 105 bashing thread - we get it, the boats are slow and underpowered, and we're all a bunch of hacks.

It's a conspiracy, I say!

I'll bet John's "family" has "persuaded" the RC to re-introduce the steeplechase in order to take advantage of my well-documented inability to read/follow the posted course. :lol:

Interesting about the govt marks thing, that should be a fun change of pace. One thing to note though, the first weekend is supposed to be the J-105 East Coast Championships - wonder how the fleet will react if one of those days is sailed around govt marks, or will the 105's be seperate? And please, lets not turn this into yet another 105 bashing thread - we get it, the boats are slow and underpowered, and we're all a bunch of hacks.

That is an interesting conundrum--I would think that if the J/105 sailors point that out--the government marks course will be sailed on the second Saturday. that will make everyone happy

It's a conspiracy, I say!

I'll bet John's "family" has "persuaded" the RC to re-introduce the steeplechase in order to take advantage of my well-documented inability to read/follow the posted course. :lol:

you sound like Br'er Rabbit "Oh please dont throw me in the briar patch"

the J/92 is a reaching machine. You will destroy us if it turns into a reach fest

It's actually been in the NORs for a couple of years, but hasn't been used.

If you get an attachment assigning Gov't marks letters, then the RC is serious.

Looks like the 105's will have their own circle the first weekend.

I'll start checking EBay now for Starcut kites! :o:lol:

We have one the red gray and white

you sound like Br'er Rabbit "Oh please dont throw me in the briar patch"

the J/92 is a reaching machine. You will destroy us if it turns into a reach fest

You are assuming he will be reaching towards the correct mark! ;)

Any word on a scratch sheet, division splits? Anyone?

That sail looks like an ass!

WTF if you dont like the sail DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

You havn't bought a sail in over a year.

There's an empty spot in our quiver!

WTF if you dont like the sail DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

You havn't bought a sail in over a year.

There's an empty spot in our quiver!

sure--as soon as we race in a real one-design regatta. I will buy sails as soon as the J/29 NA's are about to start.

I guess as long as RP can hold off a Championship--I can hold off buying new sails. (as if we need them to race PHRF!!)

sure--as soon as we race in a real one-design regatta. I will buy sails as soon as the J/29 NA's are about to start.

I guess as long as RP can hold off a Championship--I can hold off buying new sails. (as if we need them to race PHRF!!)

I guess we will be holding on to our current inventory for quite a while then! That trophy won't be coming off the mantle any time soon.

I guess we will be holding on to our current inventory for quite a while then! That trophy won't be coming off the mantle any time soon.

I agree--it really sickens me. When we had the trophy for 4 straight years--the thought of not having a NA regatta was the end of the world! Now that it is, once again, in the hands of Chesapeake Bay sailors--we will never compete for it again. WTF???

Killing Me

I agree--it really sickens me. When we had the trophy for 4 straight years--the thought of not having a NA regatta was the end of the world! Now that it is, once again, in the hands of Chesapeake Bay sailors--we will never compete for it again. WTF???

Let them keep it, there really is nothing else to prove against the southern boats. Time to head up to Canadia!

Let them keep it, there really is nothing else to prove against the southern boats. Time to head up to Canadia!

I think that's a great idea. What concerns me is that the J/29 class has no leadership at all. I have no idea if Bob Wardwell is alive or dead--no one has heard from him since Oxford Md. Is he still president?--If he is, why has no one been in touch with him about a NA's in Nova Scotia--or anywhere???!!!

THAT is an interesting idea...

JD, how about having HUSTLER aboard as guest crew?

Maybe for something next year. Wonder if I would be allowed on board?

of course... some one needs to pass up the yachting beverges...

No we just need him to drop off the food and bev in the morning and come back and clean up the the afternoon. Something like a BN

And a little glass work as well, right?

That's always a possibility

I think that's a great idea. What concerns me is that the J/29 class has no leadership at all. I have no idea if Bob Wardwell is alive or dead--no one has heard from him since Oxford Md. Is he still president?--If he is, why has no one been in touch with him about a NA's in Nova Scotia--or anywhere???!!!

Pitman for President?

Scratch Sheet

I'm going to move to IRC.

JD scratch boat and Espo & Random Sailor at the other end of that class (class 6) ...

should have some good stories come monday...

come on JD, stay put and show Hustler & Thin Man what Tenacious is made of...

Scratch Sheet

I'm going to move to IRC.

You honestly think you'll do better in IRC??? That would move you to Div 3 which includes a lot of well sailed boats. I think you have a far better shot as the fast boat in Div 6, especially if it is light-med. breeze with your new masthead kite.

You honestly think you'll do better in IRC??? That would move you to Div 3 which includes a lot of well sailed boats. I think you have a far better shot as the fast boat in Div 6, especially if it is light-med. breeze with your new masthead kite.

Sailflow is saying 10-15 kts.

temps around 60

in my last experience of 36.7 against hustler was that hustler can kick your ass boat for boat. they will sail lower and faster and come out of the tacks faster. you can bring that crew on your boat and then write lengthy international accolade letters to the world, thanking hustler for helping you dominate the regatta. do it!

s.

ps, but back then i think hustler had shiny new rags

Solo,

Will you be doing a guest appearance on Hustler this regatta?

four J109s entered. What a bunch of pussies. they're probably all under tarps already and it's 80 degrees.

yeah, that... or on their way across the country for north americans.

yeah, that... or on their way across the country for north americans.

i'd NEVER agree w/ LI punk kid, but the entry list for J109 NAs in Long Beach as of 10/5 was 7 (yes Seven) boats.

i think the only real travel boat is Vitesse

10/19 is the deadline...

no East Coast boats on the scratch sheet yet...

i'd NEVER agree w/ LI punk kid, but the entry list for J109 NAs in Long Beach as of 10/5 was 7 (yes Seven) boats.

10/19 is the deadline...

Chicken is already packed up and heading out west for the event.

10/19 is the deadline...

Exactly Rummy.

Maybe there are some more going on their own bottoms thru the Canal.

I didnt see any on the highway this morning.

Exactly Rummy.

Maybe there are some more going on their own bottoms thru the Canal.

I didnt see any on the highway this morning.

Hey LIS,

dont let someone agreeing with you indicate that they actually like you or find you Knowledgeable. Because everyone on here does not.

Your still an asshat!!!!!

Hey LIS,

dont let someone agreeing with you indicate that they actually like you or find you Knowledgeable. Because everyone on here does not.

Your still an asshat!!!!!

Hey,

I like him!

And that's all that matters

Nope, just think it will be more fun (read I'm a glutton for punishment).

Chicken!

There are more excuses being the bottom boat in the division than being the scratch boat. :P

10/19 is the deadline...

We don't believe in preregistering...gives up the element of surprise.

Where in your pointy head is there a little voice that told you i give a shit about wether you or some of the old decrepit shitbags that hang out here like me?

Two asshatas can agree on one thing, and still disagree on thousands more.

How many NA Championships have 7 boats signed up just before the event? Maybe the J29's?.

If you want Jboat one design crusier /racer a used 105 is a much better deal and $150k less, which you can use to ship your boat to the NAs , key west, etc (where there will be about 30 boats) and back about 20 times. and you wil have money left over to buy some beer and maybe go to a trade school for a semester or two. ASSHAT!

Your funny.. You have no clue what your talking about again..

I am glad Espo can beat up on the compitetion, What have you done???

and oh by the way, it was nice of you to out other SA'ers!!! how bout outing yourself!

Hey Duffy, STFU already. My guess is that any of those three old bastards (wtf?) would sail circles around you. But we will never know that will we?

Now for the record, are you from the Duffy's Bait and Tackle family? Ya little redheaded fuck.

yeah, I used to dig sandworms at low tide in Glen Cove and sell them to grandpa.