Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian Weslake

Martina Hingis uses the "Daubney Defence"

From Bloomberg

Nov. 2 -- Martina Hingis ended her tennis comeback yesterday when the former top-ranked player said she tested positive for cocaine during this year's Wimbledon tournament and that she is quitting the sport again.

Hingis, 27, denied using drugs, saying in a statement that the substance may have been in a spiked fruit drink ``that someone in my environment gave me viciously without my knowledge.''

Hingis, a five-time Grand Slam champion who returned to tennis two years ago after retiring in 2002, underwent a routine drugs test after losing in the third round at Wimbledon in June.

``I am frustrated and angry,'' Hingis said. ``I believe that I am absolutely, 100 percent innocent.''

(More...)

From Bloomberg

Nov. 2 -- Martina Hingis ended her tennis comeback yesterday when the former top-ranked player said she tested positive for cocaine during this year's Wimbledon tournament and that she is quitting the sport again.

Hingis, 27, denied using drugs, saying in a statement that the substance may have been in a spiked fruit drink ``that someone in my environment gave me viciously without my knowledge.''

Hingis, a five-time Grand Slam champion who returned to tennis two years ago after retiring in 2002, underwent a routine drugs test after losing in the third round at Wimbledon in June.

``I am frustrated and angry,'' Hingis said. ``I believe that I am absolutely, 100 percent innocent.''

(More...)

AC? Marginal at best. Try GA.

Well hopefully in a year or two she will be hard up for money and will show up in Playboy or even Maxium and show off that body. She's a hotty! ;)

WetHog :ph34r:

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

I believe Mr Bond's used the same re Topical Creams.

:lol:

Is it a coincidence that one of them works for a Swiss team and the other is Swiss? Who will be next? Will there be a plot to discredit my 5 year olds favorite book character, Heidi , the coke head?

Is it a coincidence that one of them works for a Swiss team and the other is Swiss? Who will be next? Will there be a plot to discredit my 5 year olds favorite book character, Heidi , the coke head?

Yeah Simon those flowers in the fields she runs through aren't daisies.....they're poppies!

But has anyone heard what the latest is with Daubney and the ISAF hearing?