Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fast Laser

100th Running Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac

Anyone?

Why would you want to?

For you? yes, my place, bring beer, and be prepared to make me sandwich before you leave... Cab fare not included, unless of course it'll mean you'll leave faster..

Tomorrow my dear, to-morr-ow... Again, think sandwich.

oh, Blubber, and I thought we were friends. Well, maybe not friends, but friendly acquaintances. Or maybe just acquaintances. Anyways we've met. But now? Cab fare my ass. ;)

NOAA lower end of the lake

.SATURDAY...EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS

LIKELY. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

.SUNDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND

THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

North end of the lake

SUNDAY...EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND

THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 2 FEET OR LESS.

.MONDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND

THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

yeahhhhh...... right.

Bramble? You are correct. They are 2-3 slots behind us. We are in Zone Q.

Hroth

Stop on by Bramble Friday sometime. We will have a beer or two waiting for you Hroth

We need somewhere to leave our car. 35 bucks/day parking at our hotel (hilton on monroe) doesn't cut it. Suggestions?

Grant Park underground parking is 20$/day

http://www.grantparkparking.com/Source/Rates.aspx

East Monroe Garage

The vehicle entrances to both the Millennium Park Garage and the East Monroe Street Garage are on Columbus Street, just east of Michigan Avenue and just south of E. Randolph Street.

sailing_fog.jpg

Looks slow.

Hey kids - if anyone has a line on a RIB or 25-ish foot motorboat that we can take for the starts, please give me a shout at 248-563-0657. USCG licensed captain, we'll pay for fuel.

Thanks.

Someone able to tape that one for me by chance please?

Is Betamax OK?

VHS is Waaaay better, now, tho.......

Grant Park underground parking is 20$/day

http://www.grantparkparking.com/Source/Rates.aspx

East Monroe Garage

The vehicle entrances to both the Millennium Park Garage and the East Monroe Street Garage are on Columbus Street, just east of Michigan Avenue and just south of E. Randolph Street.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can park for free on the street about an mile and half walking west down Monroe--a $7 cab ride at most. I believe the streets are New Orleans/Clinton--unless something changed in the past year. (Paying for parking is against my religion)

Hey kids - if anyone has a line on a RIB or 25-ish foot motorboat that we can take for the starts, please give me a shout at 248-563-0657. USCG licensed captain, we'll pay for fuel.

Thanks.

Get on Grand Ave (600 N.), drive west. After you cross the highway (around 1200 W.), cut down a couple side streets, you'll find non-metered/ non-permit residential parking. The Grand Ave bus will take you back into the downtown area for $2.00. Just remember to write down the street name and address. This way when you get back , you can tell the cabbie right were your car is. You'll actually be in my old neighborhood. Crime isn't too bad. Jsut don't leave your GPS and shiz in the car where the shitheads can get to it.

This I give you for free, because that's the way I roll.

Weather or not, here is what they have on NOAA

Hoping this changes drastically I can't sail that slow.

If anyone hears Dark Side of The Moon at midnight during the race, stop by for a beer...or better yet, drop one off!

post-6718-1216340987_thumb.jpg

10er-

We will drop a couple of beers overboard and and you can get them as you pass.

So I have a question about the yacht finish report that must be turned in on the island...

It asks for the name of the "Person In Charge (on Island)".

Does this mean that I put down my wife's name?

So I have a question about the yacht finish report that must be turned in on the island...

Or your boyfriends, cuz won't they both be there? :lol:

Just moved the topic to OTW Anarchy. Tomorrow we'll be getting tons of video of everything we can. Boat tours, chats with race officials and odds-on favorites, as well as the usual Anarchy bullshit from the bullshitters. If there's anything you want me to add, or you want to know, just say so.

10er-

We will drop a couple of beers overboard and and you can get them as you pass.

You can hand them to me when we pass. And it's my Old Goat year, so please take it easy on us! Let the ole man through!

And about the "Person In Charge"...haven't you found out that it isn't even your wife? It's your daughter! Just wait! She will have you wrapped around her little finger if she hasn't yet!

And it's my Old Goat year, so please take it easy on us! Let the ole man through!

You can hand them to me when we pass. And it's my Old Goat year, so please take it easy on us! Let the ole man through!

And about the "Person In Charge"...haven't you found out that it isn't even your wife? It's your daughter! Just wait! She will have you wrapped around her little finger if she hasn't yet!

And it's my Old Goat year, so please take it easy on us! Let the ole man through!

You are an old goat for sure b/c you are repeating yourself. Daughter is the PIC.

Friday Morning and the Boats have arrived!

Have a fast - safe race everyone. See you at the party tonight.

HighBandWidthVersion -> Pre Race Mac Photos - Full Version

LowBandWidthVersion(s)

Cyc

fri-cyc.JPG

Columbia

fri-col.JPG

Thanks for the pictures. Can you swing that camera north on DuSable and zoom in on Goblin (B dock, adjacent to Nitemare). I want to make sure the keg gets delivered. <_<

Question to those at work: Are you getting any work done except telling your co-workers that you'll be unavailable for the next few days?

Thanks for the pictures. Can you swing that camera north on DuSable and zoom in on Goblin (B dock, adjacent to Nitemare). I want to make sure the keg gets delivered. <_<

Question to those at work: Are you getting any work done except telling your co-workers that you'll be unavailable for the next few days?

If you have to ask...

JJ

The Band just set up our shit under the tent at 6:30 AM. Tried to get everything working & then woke everyone up with a little Marshall Tucker Band at 7:30 am. Good Morning!

We'll be back this afternoon for the skip meeting & playing about 7-7:30 pm.

Hope to see everyone!

There is surely a buzz about the club.

jim

I have a regular room available at the Island House for Sunday night through Wednesday (standard 3 days). PM me if you want it. $786 all up. I think it's a single bed dealio thing-a-ma-jiggy.

Brendan

I almost forgot to mention ... Grinder sucks.

I think I saw BB throw the Sea Scouts a fiver for them to steal your keg... Check the stern stroage area at Columbia. *Warning* Bring mace. ;)

Work? Are you kidding? I've been so impatient all week that I don't even know what I do here anymore... Am I even at my own desk? I've been listening to 'Faith No More' and 'Rage' all day to ease the anticipation, but all I have in my head is 'Europe', Final Countdown... not helping.

Good luck to all... sail hard, fast, safe, win big, and all that jazz. Hope the Flood Brothers rocks tonight.

See you all on the island!!

Remember, It's all about having fun with the boat & your crew, not about results!

That said, I hope it's a vacum out there & there is -12kts of reverse breeze.

Remember, It's all about having fun with the boat & your crew, not about results!

when sailing in a vacuum, would we have to switch our nav lights around?

does weather port boat have rights?

do we pee off the bow?

GO THE FLOOD BROTHERS

Yeah, I bet you hope it's a vacuum... cuz the only thing sucking like a vacuum out there will be you... sucking...you big hoover... suck it you big sucky sucker.

Wooohooo! Yeah baby! I got Grinder good!

I bought 42 energy drinks for this mac. Maybe I started drinking them too soon.

Brendan

PS: Grinder sucks. ZIIIIIIIIIIING

Hope you all are ready. Sure beats light and variable though. :unsure:

TM

TONIGHT

SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BACKING TO NORTHEAST.

WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

SATURDAY

NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING EAST. CHANCE

OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT

EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHEAST.

CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

SUNDAY

EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST. CHANCE OF

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

SUNDAY NIGHT

NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. CHANCE OF SHOWERS

AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

MONDAY

NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND

THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 TO 2 FEET.

Sorry, I got the picture but it looks like I was too late........

See you all at the party!

small%20-%20goblin%20-%20nitemare.JPG

keg.JPG

keg.JPG

Golf Clap Eric, well done.

keg.JPG

Fcuk! No keg on board. Got to find BB and his Sea Scouts buds. Where's he heading with our "water" ballast

If there's anything you want me to add, or you want to know, just say so.

Clean if you get a chance try to interview the Red J 120 Perseverance, they won thier class 3 out of the past 5 years so they will have the rest of the class trying to beat thier ass. It should be in a slip at the CYC Monroe Station

When I shake the cobwebs out of my head?

Man, that party broke me.

Check the other thread. Some video of Windquest will make it up soon, and I've got a call in to the boyscout, who's trimming the headsails.

MACprocessionlighthouse.jpg

Procession at the lighthouse/mark.

MACseaofredhats.jpg

Sea of red hats...and that is one part of the lawn/grounds at the hotel.

MACRoyDisney.jpg

Roy Disney talking at CYC before race Friday eve.

MackinacIslandlighthouse.jpg

A beautiful view from Beverator's patio of the wonders of Mackinac Island.

My two cents:

What an incredible race.

430 or so boats. Wow!

A slow and painful start.

The fog was almost causing claustrophobia.

The close call with the ferry coming out of the fog with 2 second warning blast.

The long second day.

The most incredible lightning show in stereo I have ever seen...in the distant north.

Wow. The colours!!

The stars and the orange almost still full moon rise from behind a cloud (Sunday).

The wind that came in bursts.

The wild finish with strong winds and watching a sailboat hit the shoals in the other side of the bridge. Full stop.

The pile-up of vessels checking in at Mackinac Is. and nowhere to tie up for a moment (about 9:15 pm).

The horrid rain on the motor back to St. Ignace (fondly known as Iginick).

The yummy pizza brought to us (the wet rats) on board and the well earned rum drinks (just after midnight).

The 8 of 11 of us left onboard to sleep in wet conditions. (What is sleep anyways?)

The few of us that dried and packed up the boat on Tuesday and then the ferry ride to Mac. Is.

The lack of vehicles except horse-drawn carriages and bicycles on the island....what a sight.

The sea of red hats....follow the yellow brick road. Hahaha.

The camaraderie.

The bubbles, the laughs.

The SA party and having Max Headroom get on one knee and kiss my hand...(blush).

My first long lake experience and most probably not my last.

What an incredible journey....it does not leave me wanting for ocean racing...although....hee hee.

Thank you team and thank you race committee and thank you CYC for making this a most memorable moment in time.

Light & Love,

Helllion B)