Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Key West Tuesday - The Comments

Tomorrow we're planning on spending some time with the big boys most of the day - IRC huge and the rest of that fleet. Thursday we're definitely going to watch the small fry and the multis.

Thanks again - beyond my wildest expectations.

AL

Great job guys (and Mer). I was out all day at a meeting but feel like I was on the boat with you guys after about an hours worth of "catching up."

According to Premiere - L'Outrage broke their mast.

Seems like they are giving more information that we get here.

I guess taking out the inboard and cutting 1,000 lbs out of the boat didn't help the structure. :rolleyes:

Will Museler

Greta job, y'all. Almost made the day at work tolerable. Just pissed I had to deliver a boat back to Miami and couldn't stick around to see it first hand.

I guess taking out the inboard and cutting 1,000 lbs out of the boat didn't help the structure. :rolleyes:

Will Museler

I thought they put another inboard back in. No?

Wow. Outside the top 3-5 boats, the Farr 40 Class is mixing it up pretty good.

Groovederci takes a bullet in race 1 and then a 22nd in race 2... gotta wonder what happened there. Alinghi takes a 7 in race 2 after a 14 in race 1... Flash Gordon comes back from a 23rd in race 1 with a 6th in race 2.

Starting in 7th on down after two races, there are 10 boats separated by only 9 pts. It's gonna be an interesting week in the middle of the F40 Class...

From the Premiere Blog, it looks like at least the Farrs got a 3d race in:

Farrs are almost to the gate on the first leeward leg of race 3. I'm going to get some shots of the rounding.

1456H: ok, so we just got the third race off for Farrs, Melges 32s and M-30s. This is a 5 leg race with a windward finish. We are about to up-anchor and head up to set up a windward finish. should get some good pictures on this finish.

Yes we did get a third race in on division 2 --- we are off Fort Taylor now heading in. Great to see all the coverage from different sites.

I was really busy today onboard the signal boat so was not able to post as much as I wanted to. But RC responsibilities come first! Besides-- with all the coverage on the various sites things seem to be going well.

Have a great evening all--

Here's the Melges 24 Mark Rounding Action we promised~

and

And Were are OUtta Here ~

Check back Tomorrow ~

SA Party Tonight on top of the Bull and Whistle , We'll try and sneak some pics and maybe some video.

Be Sure and see all the Kattack results

Links in other thread, comentary in this thread. That is not my rule that was explained in post one of this thread.

Eh nevermind, I was able to find them no matter what, and I just kept refreshing the youtube page when SA got slow.

So thanks, and nevermind.

I thought they put another inboard back in. No?

Yes they did...

Hope everyone is OK....

Bruce and the gang - sorry to hear about the rig... Just party all the harder now... See you back in Naptown soon!

Freak - I'm going to track down Robert G and tell him you say hello. I'm sure he'll do a short interview with me about the Glove.

Thanks to Clean,Vegas and the gang - great stuff!

ups left a package on the porch at T22 today.

Where are the ESPN videos on espn.com? Are there any? premiere's site says "Nightly Video on ESPN.com during race week"

I have been crawling all over ESPN and I cant find them. I did a search and got "0 entries forun for "sailing" "

But if you like the NBA, there is a ton of pop ups about that......espn fuckers.

does ESPN have Tugger Thompson?

Great work. Really fun to follow along, except for the lag at our server end - but help is on the way! We should have a brand new server in place and handling all forum traffic in 24 hours!

I have been crawling all over ESPN and I cant find them. I did a search and got "0 entries forun for "sailing" "

But if you like the NBA, there is a ton of pop ups about that......espn fuckers.

The ESPN vids get posted to Gary Jobson's website (jobsonsailing.com). They are short vids, but have onboard cameras and good quality.

from Key West is On! at sailingworld.com:

ESPN will have cameras on 2-3 boats everyday, the exclusive footage from which can be seen later this week here on www.sailingworld.com and over at www.espn.com.

It was 13 today in Chicago & I work outside.

+Long johns

+Fleece lined work pants

+Insulated overalls

+Long sleeve wicking top

+Turtleneck

+Workshirt

+Insulated Carhart hooded sweatshirt

+Carhart insulated vest

+Wool socks

+Insulated steel toe boots

+Wool hat

+Cold weather Wells Lamont work gloves

+fucking hard hat.

Just a reminder to alla you's warm weather bastages out there.

Have fun at the SA roof party tonight.

Tell my j105-sailing wife there is a lot of laundry to fold when she gets back.

Jim-

POD report: Our favorite Chicagoland slumlord and crew-suing POD was spotted trying to get his Mumm to the dock in the big breeze. Rather than going bow-in like the other dozen neighboring boats, he swung around, his crew ready to toss lines. Some good ol' anarchists were nearby, ready to grab the lines - and then they turned around and walked away. Hilarity ensued as his crew tried to drag the mumm to the pier.

Our anarchist was prominently wearing his SA hat for all to see.

You would think POD would find a new hobby and stop subjecting himself to the Anarchy Nation.

CLEAN, any wind instruments on your boat? We'd really like to know what the TWS and direction is from time to time or race to race. The vids give us an idea of sea state, but it's hard to tell what the wind is doing. Maybe ED will approve a Kestrel 4000 showing up on your expense report ;)

Will Museler

Inboard's back in. But that wasn't this issue. Having the upper shroud turnbuckle catastrophically fail was... rig went at the top spreaders. Not fixable.

I was there...it happened. (and yes I have pics, and no I'm not posting them)

sorry to hear it, M24...bad year for the Trage.

Yup...but we're all fine. Getting our drink on! Boat will have a new rig and be at Charleston RW.

Cheers, BDC.

The Kattack web and the Kattack Race Player are up running smoothly again. We found a reason and corrected the problem.

Go ahead now and try to break it. I dare you.

Keep coming to our website and download the Kattack Race Player. Watching the races with the player will exceed your expectations.

Don't forget about the $39.95 SA discount to view all the past races and all the future races for the next year.

And we need to raise enough money to pay for Vegas and his buddies who are helping us get the Kattack trackers on and off the boats. I think I made a mistake and are overpaying them, so the Anarchists need to bale me out - send money.

Steve

Clean,

Great Job today! I'm sitting here at Starbucks in Rochester Hills, MI. yelling at my computer first at Bora for being a pussy at the wrong end of the line on the third start and then at you guys for being too close to the off set mark on the third leg. People are startng to look at me funny in here, mothers are cover their kids ears and running out of the joint. Opps - here comes the manager - got to go!

Cheers,

ND

Nimbus Farr 40 with a perfect score and Cracker IRC with a near perfect score way to represent Western LIS

Yup...but we're all fine. Getting our drink on! Boat will have a new rig and be at Charleston RW.

Cheers, BDC.

Bad news dudes. Hope no one was hurt. Sent Lisa a note earlier. Anything that can be done from NY I'll do.

Hope all is well, hold on to the handles. I was there once without a boat to sail on, it can get very dangerous.

Cheers,

MikeR

Bad news dudes. Hope no one was hurt. Sent Lisa a note earlier. Anything that can be done from NY I'll do.

Hope all is well, hold on to the handles. I was there once without a boat to sail on, it can get very dangerous.

Cheers,

MikeR

Got some lovely piccies of your lovely offspring, Mike. Be sure to check out the gallery later, and give me or Mer a shout and let us know which ones you want in HQ.

For the rest of you, don't forget to check out the OTW pics in the other thread.

Great coverage today Clean, Vegas, Mer, and everyone else on board. The vids were great lots of good stuff of the Farr 40, Melges 24, J/105. Thanks alot,

Lots of work today so I had to put Sailing Anarchy on the sidelines. Again great coverage

Is that Josh Garber from Minnetonka driving the Sailing Anarchy Party barge?!

Great fucking job today Clean, I'm going for 0 productivity at work for the rest of the week.

I wish all the teams from the "D" good luck, well got to go snowblow the fucking driveway.............oh yeah BTW fuck POD.

... just in case someone is done watching this on the net and has a place to stay in Key West, I know someone who has space in thier car for tomorrow 1/23...

pm me if you're on the turnpike or 95 route south to KW (West Palmish area south)...

Got some lovely piccies of your lovely offspring, Mike. Be sure to check out the gallery later, and give me or Mer a shout and let us know which ones you want in HQ.

For the rest of you, don't forget to check out the OTW pics in the other thread.

Thanks bro, I'll check them out tonight.

Cheers,

MikeR

20" of snow in Michigan last night and today. Schools were closed. It was great to see some sailing in KW. Thanks for the shots.

Thanks guys made it a little easier sitting in an office in Shanghai. Can't wait for next month when I actually get to sail to someplace warm. This keeping me sane and comes at a good time as it was snowing here yesterday and I've been here for one month.

Nice to see Mr. Bill's Wild Ride got a 1st in the 2nd race in Div4/PHRF4.

Mr Bill with a 1st, imagine that!! yee ha.. go get em

Ditto that Yachtdog. I'm driving down from MIA for one or two nights. If someone needs a ride South and isn't an axe murderer, PM me. :blink: !

Great work with the OTW commentary and pics, it gets better each and every time! Any chance for some pics of Flak (Andrews 30) in PHRF 5 over the next day or two? I couldn't make it down with them and want to make sure they're having enough fun without me!

Thanks and again, great job!

Great coverage today Clean, Vegas, Mer, and everyone else on board. The vids were great lots of good stuff of the Farr 40, Melges 24, J/105. Thanks alot,

Lots of work today so I had to put Sailing Anarchy on the sidelines. Again great coverage

Is that Josh Garber from Minnetonka driving the Sailing Anarchy Party barge?!

Holy shit - how do you know our driver???

PM me who you are. He's a good kid.

Just to remind you all - tomorrow we will be on Div 2 with the IRC big boats and fast PHRFers. Lots of anarchists in that bunch, big hangovers expected from tonight.

Ditto that Yachtdog. I'm driving down from MIA for one or two nights. If someone needs a ride South and isn't an axe murderer, PM me. :blink: !

sorry, I'm not an axe murderer but do have a space in the zpod leaving wenesday from west palmish around noonish coming back friday around noonish for one. Who ever goes needs their own place to shit shower and shave...

From oneguyfromdetroit (Sydney 36 Bounder):

We had a day that could only have been worse if we hit someone. Bad starts, wrong side of shifts, bad or impossible gybes...the whole nine. "We even had to drop the kite and beat to the finish once."

From Tastes Like Chicken (J/109 NA Champ): The lock nut on our headstay came off, and the stay unwound for three feet during race 1. We still held on to the finish with the jib sagging like a power cable, then raced to the dock, fixed it, raced back to the course, and got a 2 in the last race. At least we've got our throwout."

Just to remind you all - tomorrow we will be on Div 2 with the IRC big boats and fast PHRFers. Lots of anarchists in that bunch, big hangovers expected from tonight.

Hey Clean, Holler PDA at Emocean - J120 from Chuck town. I'll be racing him the Charleston race Week.

You should know what the PDA is.

Great job by the way.

The funny thing is that clean is starting to sound like Tucker Thompson. 105 rounds the mark, they set kite and go slooow slooow. I like Tuckers commentary so it's not a slam. You do better at that then the interviews. I'd be worse at all of it but relax and ask them fun questions that they would never expect. Like... are you going to clothing optional party.... bringing your wife?

And please.... make your body a tripod and hold still during a vid.

Anarchist SimonS, owner of "I Won Yoga" (ex. Team Gill) had a shocker today during the first race. A miscommunication with tactician Mark Ivey led to their catching the mid-line boat's anchor rode. They were hooked like a marlin, and the big chop dragged them up and down, bashing into the RC boat. Dings and cracks up and down the side of the boat, a divet out of the keel, a bent kelp-cutter...not good. The RC boat had to untie its lines, attach a fender to them, and float it up over their bulb in order for them to get off. They were scored OCS since they couldn't physically go back to the line!

They recovered in the second and third race to get a 21 and a 16 - not great results for a great driver like Simon or a rock star like Ivey. This is the boat that lives in my driveway, and my regular ride - I'm gutted for them (and for me, since I'm the one who has to fix it).

Blu Moon was the class of the Melges fleet again, as they were last year - just head and shoulders faster than the fleet. In the second race, they won by nearly a minute.

Actually Hippie, filing a lawsuit against your crew is a fucking cock shit move, filing a lawsuit to get your name on a pickle dish is a fucking cock shit move~ :angry:

FUCK POD

Two wrongs do not make a right

Karma doesn't need your help or intervention

It was a cockshit move, even if he did deserve it

Gonzo, reporting from the CS 42 Vitesse.

"The boat feels really good in big chop - it's heavy and just keeps rolling. We were never overpowered, even yesterday when the biggest puff we saw showed 42 on the screen. The level of competition is pretty high - guys like Farley Fontenot, Charlie Enright, Brad Read and good sailors. There's plenty of aggression despite the price tag, although the leader is very courteous on the course. The difference between the top 3 or 4 and the bottom couple is huge, but that's the same as any fleet. The first mark rounding is great - everyone nice and close, coming into the mark hard and fast."

Gonzo is sitting in third.

Thanks for all the links, pooh. I just spoke to Robert Greenhalgh, sitting in 2nd in IRC 1 aboard Flash Glove. He was at dinner so couldn't do an interview, but he's coming to the SA party.

Numbers is one hell of a gorgeous boat. We'll get plenty of shots tomorrow.

Nice!

I can't stand TT's shit. It's the most boring crap ever, and Tucker is one monotonous MFer. All his videos sound like they were dubbed over on the lawn of the NYYC, and the background music is worse than my dentists elevator.

We need someone with some video sense for the next one of these.

Great work. Really fun to follow along, except for the lag at our server end - but help is on the way! We should have a brand new server in place and handling all forum traffic in 24 hours!

Nawww. Best work, thanks to all.

no worries results have been posted

wairere in fourth

Had an issue with one of the farr 36's right before we finished but arbitration indicated redress not a possibility. A boat we were clearly ahead of just before the incident ended up 12 secs out of first. ah well, still have three days to dig out of it.

I can't stand TT's shit. It's the most boring crap ever, and Tucker is one monotonous MFer. All his videos sound like they were dubbed over on the lawn of the NYYC, and the background music is worse than my dentists elevator.

I was trying to say your doing a good job and TT has that OMG response that's not that bad. You gave it when when the 105 rounded and said what you thought. That was my point. You're new to this and doing the best you can with what you have to work with. But quit getting jiggy with the camera. Still pics are nice but not like the vid. And I want more vid.

Please chill! It's fun to hear that OMG or they go SLOW. Commentary has to have expression and you did it well.

You got a problem if don't like Tucker..... That's about all we got and you should appreciate anyone who promotes sailing.

REPORT from PHRF 1

Race one ended pretty poorly for us but race two went really well, partic final downwind leg, 17s and 18s pretty much the whole way, second over the line behind the J/125 which is uncatchable, just a rocket. Race three sucked, sail handling went well, but it was an upwind finish (two downwind legs, three up) which is a big hit for us against all these 35-41 footers, and I don't think anyone was really enjoying the big chop in lighter wind for the first two upwind legs -- except maybe the J/125. He and Meridian ran off and hid out front and Spaceman Spiff had good pace too.

Spaceman Spiff, the 1d 35 that did really well is moving partic quickly uphill, dunno who is on helm but they are sharp, and now sitting in second, one pt ahead of us and Meridian Farr 36.

The fleet has split pretty sharply into two groups of four boats, with the faster four being the J/125, Spiff, Meridian and us....

Haze (Henderson 30) and the FT are not enjoyed the chop at all and maybe not running to hot enough targets downwind and the other two Farr 36s are off the pace too.

Didn't see the scratch boat Class 40 all day until we were heading back to the dock and there it was anchored off Woman Key...dunno what the issue is. But he's def. not set up to race here -- dacron sails and a dutchman system on the main....hope he comes out tomorrow, though, was looking forward to seeing what a boat like that could do on a W/L.

I think from here any of us is going to stuggle to beat that 125, the 1D 35 is sailing more strongly than last year, when it did well and Meridian will likely be duking it out for one of the top two spots.

Mr Bill with a 1st, imagine that!! yee ha.. go get em

2007 J/35 NA Champ. The lad and his team can sail. GO WILD!

BTW Gutted to miss this year but GREAT JOB OTW everyone.

Whew were are done, for today!

All the races are now posted: Farr40, Swan42, Melges32, M30, and J/105. Use the Kattack Race Player to watch the races. This was our first day with 110 boats actually racing and we had a few bumps. All is smooth now.

Have fun watching the races?

I will update you with the SA versus PR counts.

Steve

Whew were are done, for today!

All the races are now posted: Farr40, Swan42, Melges32, M30, and J/105. Use the Kattack Race Player to watch the races. This was our first day with 110 boats actually racing and we had a few bumps. All is smooth now.

Have fun watching the races?

I will update you with the SA versus PR counts.

Steve

Steve -

Go to the damn party, you have earned it.

Will call ya in the AM

- Well Done~

Doesn't appear to that they are doing a 3rd.

Shit my bad. Clean and the crew decided to head home after 2 races. I figured they had the skinny. Looks like ALL classes made up for yesterday and got 3 in today. Gotta be some tired shit at that party, but god damn I wish I was there.

A big shout-out to the boys and girls on "Rhumb-Punch"...

A new boat, a new realm, and a huge backing from SMSA!

Holy shit - how do you know our driver???

PM me who you are. He's a good kid.

um, because you said in post 46 that your driver was little Josh from Minnetonka (ready to be corrupted)?

Come on, it's like 12 degrees here (Chicago). You have our full attention...

and a big yippee for the party tonight...

Cheers, BDC.

In that case I think we all know who will win the party!

Go get 'em at CRW, BABDC!

Great work with the OTW commentary and pics, it gets better each and every time! Any chance for some pics of Flak (Andrews 30) in PHRF 5 over the next day or two? I couldn't make it down with them and want to make sure they're having enough fun without me!

Thanks and again, great job!

Some pics in Premeire's blog pages

Flak Pic

Flak too

'Lasse Kjus - perhaps one of the greatest ski racers of all time'

Who is the fucking idiot who wrote that? He's not even the best Norwegain ski racer of all time!

Not even of the last 15-20 years!

Nice post dildo breath.

Scoreboard

Clean,

You going to cover M24 course (Division 3) today or anothre day? Just want to know whats going on with my boy Bora.

Cheers,

ND

You've got more than one "boy" racing. How's the weather?

Congratulations!

The Anarchist have claimed another victim.

The Kattack database is struggling, so both the website and the Kattack Race Player are struggling.

Mostly you are probably experiencing no access.

For the geeks out there give us a hand:

1) Close the Kattack Race Player

2) From the Task Manager, end the process named KattackRacePlayer2.exe. You may find more than one - end them all.

We will post another message when it is running smooth.

Thank You

Steve Palm

When you put on a Mac, I'll buy Kattack. (Yeah, got the link for the Windows Player. I'll wait. Cheers.)

What kind of camera are you using? The raw-ness of the reports is great, but...

- Get a tripod

- Use a stick mic with a windscreen for the interviews

- Stand closer to the camera than your interview subject, that way viewers can see his face, not his profile

- Interview a guy who doesn't sound like Tickle Me Elmo

[

Didn't see the scratch boat Class 40 all day until we were heading back to the dock and there it was anchored off Woman Key...dunno what the issue is. But he's def. not set up to race here -- dacron sails and a dutchman system on the main....hope he comes out tomorrow, though, was looking forward to seeing what a boat like that could do on a W/L.

The Class 40 is almost right out the box..... Stu & Lazer(jworld guy and good dude) built it to do a doublehand around the world race starting this fall, they did very well in the feeder race but still working the bugs out. Not really their venue but wtf their racers man.......... if you get a chance yell to em, "dan says fuckoff its cold up here"............ they would love it...

good luck thats a tuff fleet.

Great Job clean, vegas and gang' looking forward to irc today. i' m

Doin' no work over this i'll have to fire myself <_<

L.

Any one know what happened Flash Glove in Race 3?

I guess the p40 in the results means 40% place penalty that dropped them from 3rd to 7th?

It's been fascinating watching the blow by blow account sof the days on here

The Class 40 is almost right out the box..... Stu & Lazer(jworld guy and good dude) built it to do a doublehand around the world race starting this fall, they did very well in the feeder race but still working the bugs out. Not really their venue but wtf their racers man..........

They weren't too amused when I asked them why it took 6(or was it 7?) guys to race it at Friday's party....

Anyone else having problems w the Wed thread (does not exist)??

No. I just think that they are all in jail.

I know there was aparty last night but someone has to be up and awake in Key West. What gives?

Report is they are awake, but barely alive.

Wednesday is up now. Vegas just posted them. See you there.